Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interesting Storylines?

Comments

• Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Have different gameplay in each household/save, e.g.:

1. legacy where heir is nothing like their ancestors;
    2. geek/nature lover whose main focus is completing all collections/gardening;
    3. one caregiver and 7 toddlers. Story ends when all of them come to the end of life (or it can become legacy);
    4. very different rommies e.g. flirty good, flirty evil, hotheaded, goofball, childish... with criminal/secret agent careers & 2 michief/romantic/party aspirations;
  • Options
    jbarry3jbarry3 Posts: 16 Member
    I have been using Don larthio to impregnate every woman sim in the neighborhoods lol married or not! hehe OOPSY
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    @MasonGamer I agree but I only tend share background stories A. that I have played out and B. are possible in the game C. A lot of my storylines started in the sims 2, then I played through them in 3, and now 4. It would be a ridiculous novel of insanity if I tried to explain them.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    How about trying to manage a retirement home? One young caretaker and 7 rowdy elders, each with various traits, aspirations, and temperaments? And if they start dropping off one by one, start populating the retirement home repeatedly with more elders in your save games, for maximum fun!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    How about trying to manage a retirement home? One young caretaker and 7 rowdy elders, each with various traits, aspirations, and temperaments? And if they start dropping off one by one, start populating the retirement home repeatedly with more elders in your save games, for maximum fun!

That's good idea, I never thought of that. :o
  • Options
    Wolfium wrote: »

That's good idea, I never thought of that. :o

In fact, I already have a setup ready for playing ;)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    @MasonGamer I agree but I only tend share background stories A. that I have played out and B. are possible in the game C. A lot of my storylines started in the sims 2, then I played through them in 3, and now 4. It would be a ridiculous novel of insanity if I tried to explain them.

Yeah my story existed before I got into the Sims. and when The Sims 4 Came out, I loved the Art style, and thought My characters would look good in this art style, they do, and I wanted to see if I could bring my characters to life and the story. Yeah If I tried to explain the whole story, it's practically a book. In my opinion it's better than Harry Potter and Game of Thrones.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member

I thought about doing this. I have a retirement home in game and one day I popped in to see how it was going. Turns out one of the elders was the town weirdo that dresses in the wrestling mask and swimsuit. They all enjoy skinny dipping too.

nZLbne1.jpg

• Options
    ghilie wrote: »

I thought about doing this. I have a retirement home in game and one day I popped in to see how it was going. Turns out one of the elders was the town weirdo that dresses in the wrestling mask and swimsuit. They all enjoy skinny dipping too.

skinny-dipping elders...that's lovely.
  • Options
    CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    I had the same problem, I kept making new saves with the same type of sim and storyline and I always rushed my gameplay.

Now I challenged myself to play with the premade households, a sim-week each. At first I did not really enjoy it and still rushed through. But now I am getting the hang of it and starting to play stories, not just trying to reach goals.
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    maybe try giving your main sim some negative traits. it will be much harder to keep the relationships going.
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    I have a lot of married couples with lots of kids, but I make sure to add some crazy households into my game and I create some simple rules to keep it fun. So far I have

- a childish alien that lives in a cotton candy kind of house, full of toys. She invites kids to play and gain fun mainly from her dollhouse and watching kid channels on TV. This one is so freaking cute
    - a comic books villain, a klepto that uses the freeze ray to steal things to make a living. I need to build a bank and create a gang club to raid it together just for the giggles
    - lusty vampires obsessed over some human, they need to always keep them under control and the human must be at least under one power effect all the time like that attraction aura, command, make them confused with hallucinations. I have two sisters in love with the same guy, there's some serious sibling rivalry drama with these ones
    - mad scientist. Someone mentioned a clone war, I can't believe I never thought about it, gonna try it for sure

i love those ideas! omg i never tried anything crazy like this. only regular households.
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited February 2018
    I used to just play the game and get bored but now i have storylines and it makes the game way more enjoyable.
    So my game started out with my self sim and my fiancé in real life.. at first i thought i would get bored but it turned out to be so much fun once we had children. So My sim and his sim eventually moved in together and lived in San Myshuno living in an apartment that wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t great either. I was in the Social Media Career and dealt with public relations while he was a tech guru. We eventually settled down, built our dream home and had 5 beautiful children. Gabriella, Sebastián, Isabella, Renzo & Fabiana.
    Gabriella is a natural lover, she’s beautiful and kind and has a heart of gold and is a charity organizer.

Sebastián is athletic and a jock and has no time for real relationships with women, he just sleeps with numerous women but he’s a sweetheart at the end of it all he just has a dream to have the perfect physique. But he’s also incredibly smart.

Isabella.. well Isabella was technically a middle child, she didn’t get much attention. And she’s extremely jealous of her sister gabby. So spends most of her time away from her family. She aspires to be a national leader, she likes to lose herself in her work, along with trying her best to be better than her sister. But because she’s a snob, and is hot headed and constantly mad at everyone it never works out for her. She finds herself with different men every night, especially men in her work place that will help her climb the political ladder.. she doesn’t want to fall in love per say she just wants to feel the need to be wanted.

Renzo is the youngest brother and spent a lot of time alone doing science projects. As a toddler he was very angry though. He ended up being a kleptomaniac as a teen and enjoyed the thrill of the steal. His brother Sebastián always tried to lead him in the right direction with no avail. He eventually stole a painting of Gabriella that her fiancé made her. She found out and was heart broken and angry that her own flesh and blood would steal from her. He came by the house every night to take from her while her and her new husband were asleep. One night he saw gabbys cowplant in the back yard and tried to steal the cake.and well.. it didn’t go well. Renzo was eaten by the cowplant and all of the family was devastated.

Fabiana, the youngest of them all honestly is a good person. Her risqué outfits she wears as a teen is just something she enjoys because it turns a lot of heads. since she was the youngest she ended up getting the most attention which she adores.. she aspires to be fabulously wealthy and have a couple of silver foxes ;) she’s not the brightest girl. But she doesn’t mean much harm. She just wants to live the lavish life she knows and love. I adore this family, my sim self family. It turned out to be way more fun than i thought. :)
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I like to just let the game take me to which ever direction it wants to. I've has some pretty good incidences happen within my game that I found pretty entertaining. One even changed the way I play game in its entirety. I also take something that happened in my game to create arcs within my story line. I've posted these before but they are some of favorite ones.

I started the game out and made three possible female sims for my Sim to be with. Well none of them seemed to click so he moved on. so I decided to see if there might be a premade or game generated townie Shinya might click with. To make it more interesting I took the woohoo with 50 sims achievement and took a challenge I created myself and just had fun. The challenge I wrote myself I did originally for ts3 but it is very similar to the gigolo challenge but mine has always been more whim based. It also allows for girlfriends, marriage and divorce. I love playing with whims!!! I do wish that "give key" is far less frequent and more specific to who your sim wants to give a key out to.

So after Shinya had a few horrible relationships in which he had his heart stomped on he sort of gave up on commitment and just started having a few flings here and there. This was about the same time Deaderpool added the no strings aspect to his mod. Made it far more entertaining!!! Shinya had raised his DJ skill high enough that he could work the booth now in the clubs so he worked night at The Pit. It is a sleazy nightclub and hotel that another Sim owns. Yeah I know we can't actually have our sims own the bar type venues but with the club system I can make the backdrop of my game appear as such. So Shinya was there doing his thing when this female sim was dancing all flirty like right on front of the DJ booth. In game it looked as if she was trying to get his attention so I played off of that. When he was done with his set he went to go and introduce himself. Then all of sudden they are going upstairs to woohoo. I was like um OK didn't really want that to happen but oh well I'm going with it anyways. Glad I did because what happened next is just hysterical. Shinya fell asleep and Ashley went down stairs. When Shinya woke up he saw Ashley and the club owner going into the closet. Then Shinya went to neighborhood BBQ that Travis Scott was having. Shinya arrives and he sees Ashley. The look they gave each other was priceless. So I decided to create an arc in which Ashley is the club owners mistress and she went after Shinya as form of punishment to the club owner because she was upset the the wife gets more attention than she does as his mistress. As they were fighting Travis was grilling up some hotdogs and a fire broke out. Everyone scattered. On his way home Shinya ran into a woman who was crying. He began to comfort her and she started to flirt with him. Now I knew exactly who she was but Shinya didn't so I just let the chips fall where they may. The female sim was in fact his new bosses pregnant wife!

By this time I was playing whoever Shinya got pregnant would be the one he would make an attempt to live happily ever after with. He started dating Zoe who became pregnant. So they got a cute little house together and he was actually faithful to her the whole time they were living together. The baby came and Shinya wasn't the father. So he left. With all that Bella had done to him that just set him over the edge. So I decided that who ever Shinya had the most connection with by the time he reached his 50th sim, would be the one that he spends the rest of his life with. About halfway through the 50 sims achievement Candy comes into the picture. Things escalated rather quickly between the two but he still couldn't settle down, I hadn't completed my mission. Plus I figured she would last long as none of the rest did as they would break up with Shinya or just stop calling. His whims to see them were also less frequent so I just let thing die out. Candy on the other hand just never gave up. I even made it a challenge to hurt her so bad that she did just what all the others have done, but nope. So I gave up and just let them have their toxic relationship. I'm glad I did because while they are so wrong for each other, they also equally perfect for each other. So Shinya now has a main chick that I had never intended to happen. I know it might sound crazy but I really do believe they picked each other.

Now for the event that made me change game play all together. I decided that Shinya needed to have some DJ friends now that he was celebrity DJ. So edited some of the ones the game generated and gave him some other fellow celebrity DJ friends. I made Lucy House who is a housemaster DJ and Reeve Grey who is professional DJ. When I was making Reeve I made him to be Lucy's best friend who is completely and totally gay. Lucy calls up Shinya to hangout. When Shinya arrives Reeve is there. The three of them were watching movies eating popcorn when all of sudden Shinya and Lucy stand up and they are doing to woohoo dance. Um ok Reeve is there that is kind of rude but oh well. When they are finished, they go back and join Reeve. Then all of sudden Reeve and Shinya are in Lucy's bedroom. I just sat there with my mouth wide open. I just let it happen and made no attempt to stop it and just played in my head that things just got a little freaky between the three of them that night. Shinya was totally straight and never so much had even kissed a guy before. I've never even played same sex couples. I've made loads for my game to have as much realistic diversity as one can have but never played them. Anyway not long after that Reeve started coming around more and more on his own omission. I thought the two looked so very cute together that I just let it be. In time Shinya had two great loves. Candy and Reeve. He is torn between the two for as he knows in the end he can't have both.

Oh and when I was exploring Windenburg Sergio was stalking Shinya. He would come up to him and start yelling at him for what I had no clue. Then Sergio and him get into a fight. So I load up the household to see what was up. Candy and Sergio had a small little thing going on. So Shinya stole Candy from him without even trying.

All of these events the game generated and I took them and just went with it, letting my imagination run wild with playing out the arcs within my main story line.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    So, this was back in my ts3 days but I'll tell you about my ts4 days later

In ts3 I started a ditft legacy challenge, Difference In The Family Tree, and I created my founder sim Santiago and his dog Cash. They moved to Riverview after Santiago adopted him, they've been best friends ever since. Santiago wasn't the type of sim to do the young adult stuff, he never liked to party, drink, or even have one night stands, that just wasn't him. Instead, he was really wanting to get a job. Not knowing what to do, he became a culinary. After loads of promotions, Santiago finally wanted to settle down, he was almost an adult. He went to visit the matchmaker to see if they could find his match. He met two potential bachelorettes, Dora Goodson and Christy. He wanted to go on dates with Christy but she kept denying. One day she accepted, they went to a restaurant but last minute, she bailed. Heartbroken, Santiago started to leave. Right there and then, he bumped into Dora. He asked her if she wanted a meal together and she said yes. This was the beginning of a newfound romance.

A few years passed, Santi and Dora were together. Santiago wanted to tie the knot. He did. She said yes. They planned their wedding in autumn/fall. That day soon came with Santi inviting his friends and co-workers and some of Dora's friends. They waited and waited, however, Dora never came. Gutted, he left the park. A few hours later, he heard a knock on the door, it was Dora. She explained why she couldn't attend. Her father was ill so she had to quickly go back to Medow Glen, which was 5 hours by plane. He decided to forgive her but deep down, he knew she was lying to him. Then and there, they got married. Santiago brought Dora inside and they had their first time together. She got pregnant with their first child.

Many years later and they had 3 children. Mia, Maria and Malachi. (I picked up gen 2 wiith Maria).
    When Maria was a teen, she had a boy toy called Clemente Rose. As soon as she aged up, she wanted to go to univeristy, she called Clem up to see if he wanted to go with her and he said no. She went anyway. In university, she found a balance between partying, studying and woohooing with boys. In every exam she took, she always passed in flying colours, even though she didn't study the night before. A reason was because she was woohooing with her professor. Their deal was that she'll woohoo with him if he passes her and he agreed to it. Nobody ever found out about them, not even his wife. She had many other boy toys, like Skip Taylor. Once she returned home, she found out she was pregnant. But there ws another suprise, so was her mother. Her mother was a few months more but they were both pregnant. Santiago freaked out. He was a very tradional man. He wanted his children to get married before having kids. He kicked her out of the house.

Maria was homeless for a few months before finding a good house. She called up her dad's best friend, Don Lothario, and explained the scenerio. He felt really sorry for her. He gave her a lot of simoleans so Maria moved again. It was time to tell Clem. At first, she was a bit hesitant but with every passing day, she felt more and more guilty. She told him and he was super calm about it but they broke up. She felt lost. This was the time that she messed up. She woohoed with Don and asked him to move in. A few months before giving birth, Maria was having a baby shower. Her mum already gave birh to a baby girl Mallisa. Dora was instantly attracted to Don and they woohooed. Maria caught them an she flipped out. She instantly hated her mum and Don. She kicked Don out and fought her mum, almost killing her. But her ftaher stopped her. He apologised for all the things he's done but Maria didn't firgive him so soon. He had to make up for it. After the party, she called Clem up and he WANTED to move in. He protected her and kept her safe until the baby came

I didn't tell the whole story, I shortened it down a bit but yeah. To find the family tree; plum tree - gallery - type 'sims 3 ditft' and it should be the only one their
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm a nerd, so a lot of my sims are based on shows or movies or books or cartoons, that sort of thing.

I made Xena and Gabrielle sims a while back, had them get married, have a kid based on Xena's son from the show. Made a Callisto sim and made her and Xena leaders of rival clubs who went around fighting each other. Then Gabrielle got abducted, which was perfect, cause then I made her kid out to be Hope, who was evil and constantly trying to make everyone miserable, and possibly murder her brother. My game crashed before I decided if I'd let her succeed or not.

I based a family on the powerpuff girls: made a Doctor Utonium and gave him 3 little toddlers to take care of. he was a stay at home dad till they aged up, then joined the scientist career. When they grew up, I had hem make a "crime fighting" club, where they turned freeze rays their dad had given them on anyone they caught being mean, or on any vampires feeding on the unsuspecting populace.

In a version of the boy meets girl idea, I made sims based on the Addams family, but with Morticia seperate. I used cheats to get a huge Addams mansion, then set the Addams money at zero and marked them as unplayed. I then played as Morticia, having her meet, fall in love with, and marry Gomez, and when she moved in with them, they had a giant house and no money--like they were old money that had lost it all--and it was a real challenge to pay the bills every week, so even tho we were living in a giant, luxurious mansion, they kept getting their power and water shut off all the time.

I also had a save where I played as Thomas Barrow from Downton Abbey--looking for love in all the wrong places, and trying to make it big in the business career. He had a tough time of it for a while, constantly hitting on married men, before he met the love of his life--a musician, he thought, with gorgeous blond hair, who he managed to convince to settle down with him despite his non-commital trait...only to find he was actually a secret agent!

In the aftermath of my "game of thrones asylum challenge" I had the Tyrell based sim, Rose, seduce and marry Malcolm Landgraab, move into the Landgraab estate, then on their honeymooon, conceive a child/heir with him, and then kill him off, in a kind of Black Widow move. She's now married to Siobhan Fyres, and they're very happy raising Malcolm's kid together in their giant mansion.

Sometimes tho, I just make one sim and then sort of go with the flow, following whims or inclinations in the game. It's amazing the stuff that come out of that. The founder sim in the main save I'm playing right now ended up in a love triangle with Akira Kibo and her best friend Caterina Lynx. She eventually settled down with Caterina, but it was up in the air for a while, and oh the drama! Trying to keep them from finding out about each other...it was tense! Then one of her ganddaughter's ended up with a vampire and wanted to be turned, so is a vampire now. They had twins, one of which the died in the sunlight, but still ended up getting a happily married. She has the successful lineage aspiration, so right now I'm working on bringing her back to life so she can have a child, so that's kind of the epic quest I'm on for the moment. Meanwhile, another two great-grandaughters moved to the city and both fell in love with the same vampire who lived next store. And then there's the granddaughter who married a guy, had kids, but then he turned out to be a creep so she divorced him. Or what about the granddaughter with the sucessful lineage aspiration, who was bookish and not good at meeting people, so she just adopted and raised the kid on her own!

Oh, and @SimsLovinLycan --My vampire scientist got abducted and now I have alien vampires 0_0

sgxk5m1.png

Anyway, hope that helps some OP.
  • Options
    Chxrl0tteChxrl0tte Posts: 1 New Member
    I had many games in the sims which were so dull that i ended up giving up halfway through and starting something new. My most recent idea for a story was to have a child that lives alone with her abusive dad. So the dad had traits like hates children, hot head and mean. I then built a room that the child would be 'kept' in and not be allowed out. The girl stays with her dad until she is a teen. The dad occasionally gives her food but only when he has to otherwise she'll be taken away. The story is that the girl manages to escape from her cruel home and has to be homeless since she has no money. She can't talk to any adults or else her dad will find her and take her away again. She has to find her way in the world a bit like a a rags to riches style but she isn't allowed to go to school because her dad will find her. It's quite an interesting story and you can also make the girl 'troubled' by having traits like gloomy, loner etc....
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2018
    I just have a new save and added my simself vampire(changed name and a few details). I decided create her twin brother who also criminal when I get home in this weekend, I decided make him dating Light, Chunyu younger sister, when Light becomes YA. I decided make her dating the Chunyu elder brother, Shadow. They're criminals and both unflirty.
    The Chinese vampire pigeon pair, Yushi Ye(叶雨时, by a poem by Li Shangyin, original and homophonic 夜雨时) and Heifeng Ye(叶黑风, homophonic Chinese phrase 夜黑风高, mean dark night with heavy wind, dangerous environment). they more likes chivalrous experts in wuxia stories than Chunyu siblings.
    Shadow Chunyu is an 30 years old YA goth and metalhead, moved Forgotten Hollow with his teen sister in a fall. When Yushi moved in Forgotten Hollow, Heifeng also will move in there soon.
    Yushi is a goth, likes Chunyus. I decided make Heifeng likes his sister tran gender, only has different clothes and traits, and he will a weirdo. They hasn't strong background(cheat, but I only added just enough money to buy the mansion what I built), not likes Chunyus. Yushi only can buys Widowshild Townhome, and hasn't enough money to extend. They will fights with poor.
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    CupcakePeaceCupcakePeace Posts: 2 New Member
    I like to make sad and/or extreme stories and challenge myself in making it work and eventually make it a happy story. (I sometimes use mods to complete my stories). I play with the long lifespan. Here are some of my story's:

1) this teen girl is a B student, very creative, with caring parents. She has a highschool sweetheart and her life is perfect! She accidently gets pregnant, but she and her bf exchanged promise rings and her parents are going to help her out with taking care of the baby so everything will be fine in the end! But then both her parents tragically die in a house fire! While she is mourning her parents she thinks about life and her choises and decides she needs time alone to figure out who she is. She breaks up with her bf and decides to move to the big city (san myshuno) to find herself. She finds out her parents were in debt so she sells her house to pay them off, leaving her with just enough to rent the crappiest appartement, an old stove, kitchencabinet, bed, toilet, sink, and a small table and chair. Since she is so creative she already had a painting easle, so she brought that with her and tries to sell her paintings on the street to earn some money and in the mean time still go to school. When the baby comes will she be able to juggle all three things? Keep up with school, paint for money and take care of the baby. Will she get back with her baby's father in the end? Or does she meet someone else? (Mine did by the time her child was almost a child, and I thought she had had enough time to work on herself and she kept good contact with her baby's father and invites him over now and then to bond with the baby).

2) I created a y/a alternative girl who stumbled into some stuff about vampires, she researched more and learned about the weird stories about forgotten hollow, she decides to move there and learn more about vampires. Mine ended up seducing Count Vladislaus Straud IV(I originally thought he was an elder because of his grey hair, so I changed him into one when I realised he was a Y/a as well), married him, asked him to turn her into a vampire and learned everything he had to learn her about being a vampire. In the mean time she meets a Y/a guy she actually really starts to like and after she has become a grand master vampire she locked Count Vladislaus outside in the sun and let him bake 😎, she moved in her lover and turned him into a vampire so they could spend eternity together. They have their little vampire familie now. At one point I tried to kidnap some sims to keep them as my bloodbank slaves, in the basement of the house of count vladislaus I build two prison cells and invited 2 people over to keep them locked up for food supplies, later I set them free and hired a butler they sometimes drink from.

3) a child, toddler and baby sadly lose their parents, so they move in with their grandparents. Still dealing with the loss of their child, the grandparents try everything to make the kids happy and raised well. Sadly all lives come to an end and by the time the eldest child turns into a teen one of the grandparents die. The teen can learn to Cook and help around the house or get a job after school, but he/she also will want to do teen stuff. Later on the other grandparent dies, leaving the kids alone. The teen tries to take care of his or her siblings and juggle with school and jobs. The younger sibling that is now a child can help out with some things too, like dishes, laundry and keeping the toddler busy.

I have more if people are interested! :) enjoy!
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I did an orphanage save, I used an adult childless couple and added assorted children and teens. Then followed the children as they got adopted, grew up, married and had children of their own.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited February 2019
    I'm currently playing a rotational legacy save, but my favorite family out the 7 I currently have is my vampire sim, Caitlyn Pearce. Caitlyn was born a human and raised by her older half brothers and their siblings after her parents died when she was a child. As far as I can remember, everything was fine when she was younger. She has a twin brother named Wilson who she is very close to. She was best friends with her half brothers, but I don't think she was ever actually friends with any of her half brother's siblings, but it wasn't like they didn't get along. That all changed when her half brothers died. It was around that time that she decided she wanted to be a vampire, so she had Lilith turn her. After that, her relationship with all of the sims she'd been raised with started to seriously decay to the point that no one in the house liked her except the dog. She finally moved out after getting into a huge argument with her adoptive brother that ended with them both hating each other. The real twist, though, is that when she moved out in the middle of the night so no one would know, she left her daughter behind.

I honestly have no idea if Caitlyn being a vampire is why she is so hated by her family now, but when her relationship bars with everyone started going into the red, it was right after she was turned, so I'm assuming there's a connection. I tried to fix it, but it never worked. Any progress she made was very quickly undone, so I gave up and just incorporated it into the story. It fit, as she and Wilson never really seemed to fit into the family, anyway. They seemed to get along with each other the most and that just progressed into their adult lives. Caitlyn has the most interesting story of any sim I've ever played so far.

If anyone is interested in reading more about her or her family, I've posted about Caitlyn and her entire extended family before on the forums because they have such an interesting backstory. If you search Caitlyn Pearce, you can find the threads.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    One of my favorite type of stories to tell is a sim living on just a lot with only a tent, a fire pit, the party bush and either the kids wading pool or a tiny pool for hygiene. They then must travel around looking for harvestables to plant and fish to catch for food. I like playing this story out in forgotten hollow because it feels very desolate there.

So then from there you can start seeking your harvestables eventually, and they can find a way to start making money that doesn’t involve working. I personally have my sim sell their flower arrangements and harvestables... but I only let them do it at the flea market. I don’t want my sim to get rich in the first generation so I go slow but you could do it however you like.

Eventually my sim will meet someone and have a good time, which will result in the next generation being born. I don’t usually marry my sim in this storyline cause I like the single parent aspect to it. Then the next generation can either follow the parents role in living off the land and getting better and better at it, or vow to change their lives and try to build them an actual home. Whatever think the next generations story should be.

Another fun one is to set the world around your sim. So for instance I’ll pick a world to play in, and move certain sims there usually the Goths and Laandgrabs I’ll make them both the rich families that fued. I’ll even change their careers and stuff. I like to make Nancy a politician and Bella just a stay at home mom who loves throwing lavish parties. Mortimer a top businessman and Gregory a doctor.
    Then I’ll jusy move various other sims into the world, some my sim may be interested in or friends with, some families, and so on.

So then once the work is set I create and add my sim to it, which allows me to figure out what their story is going to be based on who they get to know and stuff in addition to whatever aspiration and traits I gave them.
  • Options
    lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    Not really a storyline, but a couple things that make any game more interesting is sticking to some constraints while simultaneously trying to push them as hard as you can.

Like, right now I'm playing a sort of nasty rich family in San Myshuno getting ready for the new reputation system. I wanted them to be self-made with no money cheats, so even though they're in a penthouse now, they don't have unlimited cash. To push that constraint and make things more interesting, I have them live at the edge of their means.

To keep them in character, I won't let them clean up after themselves and won't discipline the kids if they make messes everywhere-- they just let the maid clean everything up. I have the nanny come every day to look after the kids, so the kids have a better relationship with her than their parents. Neither of the parents have any cooking skill, so they live entirely off yogurt, food vendors in the city, restaurant food, or whatever a hired chef or nanny makes. That really stretches their budget.

To top it all off, I have them do risky things with their money. The husband is in the Investor career, so I always have him invest as much as he can, where there's a chance he could lose the investment (or, as a bonus, get more money back for the family to blow on stupid stuff). The parents always enter the lottery when it comes up. Every now and then, I'll have them throw a big party with an entertainer, chef, and mixologist just to blow some cash.

None of the Sims are allowed to have any money-saving traits like Frugal and they're not rich enough yet that bills don't take a real chunk out of their funds. The power has been shut off once. They couldn't pay the maid a couple times and the house got disgusting.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    School: Sometimes you can build a storyline around a location. There are amazing high schools you can download from the exchange, so you could set a story there. Make a teenager club or just invite all of your teenage friends to go there and do things together. There's a mod you can download that locks doors by age, so you can make it only accessible to teens. You could do all the high school stereotypes (overachiever, slacker, cheerleader, outcast, jock, etc.) and see who would be friends with each other, who would date, who would be failing, who would throw parties, and so on.

newgirl2.png?w=584

Office: Another thing I did was make a corporation with cubicles (using half walls, no cc). You can use door locks to only let the managers into offices. There's always a lot of drama going on in real life offices, so it shouldn't be too hard to come up with a story (office romance, backstabbing, bickering, harassment, etc.). I made the corporate office from Diego's residence; he's the boss, and he just invites all of his employees over. Since there are a bunch of computers, they all just jump on the computers.

a05_ofc_promoted2-e1525243421377.png?w=584

office1.png?w=584

You could have a group of people who work at a bar, a gym, etc. (also LOTS of drama with gym employees, including steroid related rage--trust me, I used to work at a gym). The locations wouldn't have to be set up as an actual retail business; just use door locks to only let the "employees" into certain areas, like offices or breakrooms.

Hopefully, this helps you.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Another alternative to my normal gameplay, which I just started, I am making a template where I am replacing all the premades with tv and movie actors. I give them names and personalities from shows or movie roles so I don't get a world full of celebrities.

There is a fly in the ointment, I'm having trouble finding non-white sims, I'd like a little more diversity in my save.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie