Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Life State Would You Like to See Get the Vampires Treatment Next?

GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
If you could choose any life state, either from the previous games or one that hasn't been done, and see a GP made for it like Vampires, which one would you want next

Which Life State Would You Like to See Get the Vampires Treatment Next? 256 votes

PlantSim
1%
mcruddIObelleBagoas77NordicPhoenix22xLunaMoon48 5 votes
Werewolves / Animal Shifters
14%
tobumonSaunta2StrangerthanMagdaleenaDJQ1308liliaethLazyGrima_niles06GrandRailhalloweenchildSajahiBeena0721wormstache999annaliese39EA_Spectresof2106MasonGamerSimsLovinLycanBooV7227LiELF 38 votes
Witches
56%
DannydanboAkl500PCK213OneAdorkableGirlJadeleineDerellaLaBlue0314Erja888AngelDovePlayeralan650111aprilroseBronwin2BlkBarbiegalrjhenn14imhappydanacnbrettVibsekellivan68Niki110287fadingaudio 145 votes
Ghosts
1%
foxx_fennecDragonCat159Shinzen 3 votes
Mermaids
8%
JaseAddisAdaorangehippogriffmariajane216MaggieMarleyLatinaBunnyEvaliynGannet The Seabirdgameplay9098spontaneousivypinneduphairStormsviewEvilyn_1007AirakaleAshleyAOElleysimsmunroeleBrandiregularGalaxySimsGirlxXholicxX360 22 votes
Fairies
8%
xbecky685xMartinvrudolphaAyradyssMoon_WillowAmaraStormfiercephoenix91goldann25AgentJuliaLenaDieters11comicsforlifeNyteRoseCupidGonedalfBusufuShadowmarkedHeckinGodzillaparadiseplanetAkilGeez 21 votes
Robots
4%
BeardedgeekJnyxDragonAge_300905iliekponiezTheGoodOldGamerfilipomelLivinityJordan061102Atreya33Rae357AriaMad2 11 votes
Zombies
0%
calaprfy 1 vote
Genies
0%
neutralsidesummertaffy68 2 votes
Other (Leave a Comment)
3%
CynnaluthienrisingSailorCetiebuchalaChazzzyToreshinboShayminnasakuraMsLadii15 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Mermaids
    That's a hard vote...
    Because I like all of the supernaturals and would love to see them all return, but if I have to choose just one I would go with mermaids. They were about the only thing that I really enjoyed in TS3 Island Paradise.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Fairies
    Definitely fairies... I really miss them.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Robots
    The potential plumbots have with this type of power up and weakness system is vast! I can just imagine some of the power ups, water proof, fast fixer, musical genius, perfect house keeper, etc.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Werewolves. They need a truly awesome incarnation in this series, with a wide range of customization options for their werewolf form (including optional body hair, fur-like skin textures in a wide range of colors, muzzles, wolf ears, and tails), customizable powers and weaknesses (transforming at will, full wolf form transformation, the ability to turn other sims, sensitive ears, involuntary emotional transformation, increased appetite, etc.), and new CAS items (torn clothes, ripped shoes, various kinds of collars [for the tongue-in-cheek lycan], pentagram tattoos for various parts of the body, teeth for human form with slightly pointier and more elongated canine teeth than usual [single fang varieties for the left and right sides, double fang varieties for the top and bottom, and a quadruple fang variety], some shaggy and tousled hair styles with thick bangs, and body and facial scars that are available for both human and werewolf sims)! They need to do werewolves, and they need to go all-out. Period. Full stop.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    I doubt Ghosts and PlantSims will get a GP like the vampires did because we already have/had them in game.

Besides that I'm actually pretty excited about any new life states. If I just think about TS3 then I would probably go for fairies or witches. But I actually hope they'll change some things and not just copy the whole life state, so I would be open for basically anything. Like they could make a whole shapeshifter life state instead of only werewolves.

I enjoyed mermaids in TS3, but there was a lot of stuff missing they could have done. In TS4 they could actually go for a whole underwater world (like they made a whole vampire world) with only one or two lots above water which could be really interesting. Not sure how "realistic" it would be though because a working TV underwater does seem awkward. So maybe they would need to create a whole underwater furniture set and that seems like a lot of stuff for a GP. But I do like the thought of it.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2018
    Werewolves would be the next easiest life state to add.
    I was hoping they would the Next GP, since it's been a year since Vampires.

On top of what @SimsLovinLycan said,

Werewolves Game Pack

Patch:
    Lunar Cycle: {New Moon, Waxing Crescent, Half, Waxing Gibbous, Full, Waning Gibbous, Half, Waning Crescent}
    Harvest Moon: Once every 2 cycles, the Full moon will be replaced by The Harvest Moon.
    Note: New Moons, Werewolves are particularly vulnerable on this night.

Why a Lunar Cycle?
    To display Lunar Empowerment

As the full moon approaches, your werewolf will get migraines, feel Tense, Bursts of Rage and Energy. Unless you want them to run amuck and rain Havoc... The alternative goal is to find a way to gain control.
    [Play for your play-style, player should find there are various ways to gain control]

General Lycanthropic Conditions and Interactions:

Lycanthropy:
    A werewolf is either Created in CAS, Born "Naturally", or Turned.
    Human Form and Werewolf Form, both customizable.
    Teens can reach Rank 4(Level 10): Delta.
    Werewolves can't feel the effects of nectar (Wine), brew(beer), Hookah, are immune to all mortal illnesses.
    While in Wolf Form, see below, Human aging Freezes.

Werewolves will have many options to increase their ranks.
    1.) Utilizing Wolf powers gaining experiences
    2.) Fighting, Sparing/Defeating
    3.) Brush Up on Lycan Mythology
    4.) Participating in the Pack
    5.) Building a Pack (Note Packs aren't strictly Werewolves only, My Pack consists of a Werewolf, Sorcerer, Huntress, a Half-Daemon (Vampire), and a Human)

At anytime in Human form, Werewolves can access:
    "Reveal Eye Glow" / "Hide Eye Glow"
    "Bare Fangs" / "Retract Fangs"
    "Take Out Claws" / "Retract Claws"
    Environment Adaptation - thought about Seasons. So If it's winter, Below 32ºF, they can survive walking around in just their underwear alone, if you wanted.

Strengths
    Omega (Lvl 1 - lvl 3)
    Howl I - More like a Pathetic Cry for Attention,
    Empathy - Draw Pain, Emotional & Physical, off another sim, with a simple touch.
    Regeneration - Well that Scar healed quickly.
    Enhanced Strength - As the Full moon rises (Sim) feels unstoppable.
    Enhanced Agility - Let the light of the pale moon guide you, you know your path child, make haste!

Beta (Lvl 4 - lvl 6)
    Control I - 50% Control during the full moon, 100% any other time
    Howl II - Better, keep working on it!
    Tracker - Find the Rarest items, and Sims who have gone MIA.
    Enhanced Strength II - Forces of the moon and your own will, grow stronger every moon.
    Wolf Form - Ability to walk around like a real wolf.
    {On top of Human and Werewolf Form, You get a third form, to transform into, fully customizable.[Cats and Dogs exclusive?]}

Alpha (Lvl 7 - lvl 9)
    Control II - Full control over self, and underlings, except under a Harvest Moon
    {Meaning you can command your Omegas and Beta's to turn at your will}
    Howl III - That's called Respect!
    Pack Empowerment - It'll be hard to find a opponent to beat you, besides you have a Pack to back you up.
    The Gift - Power to turn a Human into a Werewolf via Bite or Scratch, and vice vera, Biting/Scratching the sims you've turned, turns them back into a Human. {I believe unlike Vampires this should be a high tier, costly power}
    Imbued Claws - Similar to "Detect Personality" for Vampires, Werewolves, can "Dig up" Information about a sim, Using their claws to dig into their head, and "Retrieve" the information. They can also "Bury" information and make a Sim forget a Relationship/Skill.

Delta (Lvl 10)
    Control III - Full control, even under a Harvest Moon.
    Shadow Form - Move about the shadows, and stalk your prey
    Invulnerability - Silver, Wolfsbane, Mistletoe no longer a threat
    Self Empowerment - Lone Wolf, with self belief you can achieve your own goals.

Weaknesses
    Impulsive Canine Disorder (ICD) - Unlocks "Sniff inappropriately, "Roll Around In Trash", Preditor Instinct, all that jazz. {For the players who want their werewolves to act more like pups.}
    Slow Reflexes - Could cost (Sim) in a fight
    Vulnerable - Sim can feel the effects of Nectar, Brew, Bubble blower, is subjected to Illness.
    Senseless - Loss of Senses, conflicts with Tracker.
    Mortal Regeneration - Lost the power to heal Fast.
    Agonizing Empowerment - On top of Lunar Cycles, Pain, (Anger & Depression) now contribute to your Sim's shift. complete with consistent with moody growling.
    Beast Form - Your Sim has lost all humanity, and the Wolf within has come out to play!
    {Works differently from Wolf Form, human Form get's voided, "Trapping" the Sim in Werewolf and Wolf Form. It'll take a lot of Rehab time to turn back into a Human.

Hobbies:
    Archery
    - Bow & Crossbows
    - Arrows
    Lycan Obsession
    - Lycan Lore Book

Aside from that I would love to see wolf fights more rough, tackle, lock and tumble, more vigorous.

Clothing as well As Build Buy, 19th-20th Century, Aristocracy, Victorian.
    and then worn-torn clothing for werewolf shifts.

As for environment, I'm hoping for World Bigger than Forgotten Hollow.
    Newport Mansions Vibe, Neoclassic-Colonial, instead of ocean surrounding the island, It's vast forest to the south of the mansions, With maybe a Brooklyn, Skyline in the distance.
    north and north east is mountains and land. West is ocean.
    So imagine from West to East:

North-West, Cliff/Lake side Lot [64x64]
    South-West, base Valley Lot [50x50]
    Middle-North, Hilltop Lot [64x64]
    South-East Plains Lot [50x50]

after Werewolves I would like Sorcerers, not to be confused with Witches/Wizards.

Sorcerer's Game Pack

Sorcerers - Why be a Basic Witch, when you can be something far greater?

Concept of Magic

Magic is a form of Energy, It can’t be created nor destroyed.
    Sorcerers are born with the innate talent, to understand, utilize and manipulate arcane power.
    The Sorcerer Life State, when Making them in CAS, or born in Game, they will be born with the Arcane trait, which allows them to utilize magic. Therefore, Magic should run on Certain factors

Needs:
    Sorcerers Have double the amount of energy compared to a Human Sim.
    the amount of spells a Sim can cast will primarily feed off of a Sims Energy need.

Emotion:
    Most Powerful Emotions:
    Focused
    Energized
    Inspired
    Confident
    Happy
    Fine
    Playful
    Flirty
    Bored
    Uncomfortable
    Embarrassed
    Dazed
    Tense
    Sad
    Most Weakest Emotions

Hand Magic is default way of doing magic, Do not get it twisted with “Magic Hands” they no longer exist.

Objects:
    Wands - reinvented, Wands are meant to be powerful tools to conserve and amplify magical energy, and preform spells that couldn't be cast by raw power. Such as Time Travel, Creating Portals, full on Weather Spells. [Collecting wands?]
    Cauldrons - Crucial to Craft Potions, Curses, and Alchemy

Book of Spells:
    If You’ve played Vampires, You know about the Strengths and Weaknesses system… That wouldn’t work for Sorcerers, So I’ve devised another Idea. A Spell Book Object & Potentially Spell Book UI.

So as you use magic, you’ll gain Experience in the form of Magic Points (MP) or Arcane Points (AP), where you can spend them on learning Chapters.
    there is no Leveling system, and the book isn't linear, It may be more difficult but if the player wanted to, they Can start with Chapter 10, and go back to chapter 5, go to Chapter 3, Chapter 8 and so on.

Chapter I – Intro to Arcane
    Chapter II – Two sides of the same Coin
    {Light, Dark Magic}
    Chapter III – Methods of Transportation
    {(Customizable) Cloud of Smoke/Materializing}
    Chapter IV – Potions, Curses, and Alchemy
    Notable: Potion of Invincibility, Sleeping Curse, Curse of Infertility, Isolation Curse, Curse of
    Chapter V – Elemental Magic
    {Study of the 5 Elements, Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, & Spirit}
    Chapter VI – Conjuring & Summoning {Call fourth people, pets, objects}
    Chapter VII – Enchanting
    {from upgrading furniture, to making your broomsticks come to life, Gnome Golems, enchant mirrors and trap sims inside with an Isolation Curse to create a personalized Magic Mirror.}
    Chapter VIII – Transformation
    {with other game packs/expansions, you can turn others into different life states.
    Chapter IX – Blood Magic {Placing Blood locks on spells, only allowing family to undo/cast your spells}
    Chapter X – Forbidden Magic {Time Travel, Necromancy, Controlling Another's Heart}

Important: Guard the Spell Book with your life!

Although Magic cannot be destroyed, There are a few caveats.

Should a Human, or Entity may read your spell book, they will gain a copy of your power. All the spells you’ve learned will be come theirs as well, so it is crucial that you secure your book. Think of it as Identity Theft, Forging a signature, They will be able to break any spell you’ve cast.

Should your Spell Book be destroyed, you lose your progress. your sim won’t for get the spells they’ve learned, but if something were to happen… Your Arcane trait be severed, which can happen How?

I was Hoping, A Patch would grant Vampires a new power, If a Vampire were to drink from a Sorcerer, they can harness their magical abilities, and the Sorcerer would lose their ability to do magic.
    in orderer to get their power back they read their spell book to retrieve what they’ve lost. Unlike the Book of Life, it’s not a one time deal.

However other sims have read from your spell book, and your book was destroyed they lose your power. while you are able to recreate the book.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Witches
    I love witches. I love fairies. I especially miss my super buff fairy sim with long black hair who wore army boots and liked flowers.
  • Options
    GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    Witches
    Witches! There are too many cool things associated with them- spellcasting, alchemy/potions, broomriding...
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Robots
    Robots! I loved them in Sims 2 and Sims 3 and I really miss them.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Other (Leave a Comment)
    Other aka none. I don’t like supernaturals
  • Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > Other aka none. I don’t like supernaturals

There is always MCCC where you can humanize all Supernatural Sims, thus no Supernaturals, while keeping new worlds, and new build objects!

Regarding the poll. I go with Werewolves. I really love Vampires and I am glad that they are already in the game, I think Werewolves would be a great addition as the next Supernatural creature added because of the dynamic rivalries that Vampires and Werewolves have had throughout the mythos of various European cultures and modern pop culture. I really hope EA and Maxis add that rivalry when they include these Supernatural creatures.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Witches
    I picked witches, but it's really a tie between witches & fairies.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2018
    Ghosts
    Ghost & Aliens. Those really need attention, because they didn't live up to the potential as vampires that came after them. IMO therefor those are the life states that need to be prioritized. Ghost first, Aliens next.

Witches always end up being powerful and most fleshed out life state out of others, so I still have high hopes and expectations there not gonna screw them up for other reasons.

Plantsims, Werewolves and Zombies-- we're meh in the series. Those really need to step up their game. And I would wish mermaids and mummies get some powers that are related to their whole respective theme (mummies don't know, mermaids - water based powers perhaps?).
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    AshleyAOAshleyAO Posts: 62 Member
    Mermaids
    Mermaids just because I feel like that would look slightly ridiculous.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited January 2018
    Werewolves for me. I love werewolves and I want them in Sims. I want them to get better relationships with pets and stuff.

I want witches next, and I liked the fairies in Sims 3. Genies were cool too 'cause you could clean the entire house with one spell.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Other (Leave a Comment)
    I'd like to see something along the line of Elves.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Witches
    I voted witches, but I think ghosts could really use a revamp to be more interesting than they currently are.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Witches
    I'd rather have a MAGIC pack that covers more than just witches,
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Other (Leave a Comment)
    I chose other but by that I mean ALL of them :smile: (EXCEPT ZOMBIES....)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Witches
    I would be very happy if we get witches.
    I would also love to have robots, and particularly the ability to build robots that look human. I've wanted that since The Sims 2.
    Since aliens and vampires can change their looks, this finally seems possible this time around.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
    I would totally want to see fairies BUT make them have alternative forms like vampires have.

Since vampires have a Dark Form, maybe fairies can have a Light form. XD It would be great for Machinima making purposes and it would be better to not have to walk around with wings and clothes made out of leaves everywhere. lol

Origin: TeoKnowsBest
  • Options
    TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > I'd rather have a MAGIC pack that covers more than just witches,

I agree, I'd want the same thing.

Origin: TeoKnowsBest
  • Options
    MsLadii15MsLadii15 Posts: 6 New Member
    Other (Leave a Comment)
    I'm going for witches (for sure), Werewolves, and Mermaids.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Witches
    I really, really want witches in this version. I've never played with them in past Sims games and I have so many ideas I want to play out. I am looking forward also to playing other Supernatural types also so I won't be too sore if Witches don't come next.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    Witches
    I went with witches, but I'd be happy with any supernatural lifestate to spice things up again. :) Witches seems like it could go really in-depth with the spellcasting and magic, which makes it immediately intriguing for a rpg-player like myself.

I'm guessing and expecting the next supernatural pack will be either werewolves (since they often go hand in hand with vampires), witches for their popularity, or fairies to provide a non-dark supernatural variant to balance the darkness of vampires.