The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mcrudd's Murkland challenge :)

Sooo Kiwi's and Aussies, I am doing this super cool challenge that @aussiekarima suggested to me, its super fun. You can find all the info of it here
Here is my Map and my sim I made.

3SMFSx7.jpg

HtK3qIF.jpg

Here she is set to go on her little plot and with 0 simoleons

obyn6nT.png

Too follow is my day one and day two that I completed allready, then after I will upload with more adventures as I keep on playing :D

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Day 1

Sandy was not impressed when I showed her where to pee. You see there is no running water or electricity so a bush well it will have to do.
    e9E4Iq0.png

Digging for treasure so she can buy a bonefish for her fishtank, it will be her pet and might later be her food
    O4y2h1M.png

Sandy is starving and has no money, thankfully a bin nearby had some food scraps inside so she dug it out
    PwrOP1h.png

mmm yummy rubbish bin rummaged salad
    UPV4MQu.png

A nice warm fire before bedtime
    oZhHjNb.png

Bedtime and end of day 1
    8WYaQXL.png
    Day 2

Poor Sandy got woken by an earthquake, it scared her and even me, I did not expect that
    cPrary7.png

mmm pet or dinner :p
    Ds6SWJe.png

Since its Monday she could go and clean up in the hot springs with a friend
    OgG7loO.png

Digging for more treasures to afford a fence around her precious trash piles
    KVt58bb.png

Mr bones in the inventory, no longer in the fishtank
    Wm01kmM.png

and roasting him for dinner, sorry mr bones
    XpMTtbc.png

End of day 2. Managed to get the fence and also make a friend towards the aspiration, so far so good, night night Sandy
    48OHyR8.png

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I can not wait to start,but I am also having so much fun on the Challenge Comps I am doing at the moment! Even so I am set to go,I just need to put my Simself Karima Ozzy in! LOL!
    ~ I 'will' be joining you soon Melanie, @mcrudd B)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

~ I can not wait to start,but I am also having so much fun on the Challenge Comps I am doing at the moment! Even so I am set to go,I just need to put my Simself Karima Ozzy in! LOL!
    ~ I 'will' be joining you soon Melanie, @mcrudd B)

Yay can not wait :D This is so much fun.
    Today I did day 3 and 4 all in one cause I started panicking when poor Sandy got starving and I could not catch a bonefish, I really wanted to stay in the forest, but had to go back to the lodging to rummage in bins for food. So here is my day 3 and 4 :)

Sandy woke up all stinky and decided that she wanted to go to the forest and learn how to make the deodorising cream, she can't live like this anymore
    cVn0tj9.png

She found a nice little camping ground that is not too expensive
    BTpSmJF.png

She was amazed by the size of the forest :O
    vses7lj.png

While walking about harvesting plants and catching insects she found a hidden cave
    cHcAwuY.png

She met a hermit there and they became very good friends
    M34TmsC.png

Sandy was starving and trying to fish for a bonefish, she knows that they are the only ones that are not toxic, but there were none, she did catch a shower tarp though and since she realised a whole day has passed and it was Wednesday morning super early she had a lovely shower
    rSQfPpM.png

She felt a bit better after that and went fishing again, she however became so uncomfortable that she could not fish and was starving, so she cloud gazed and felt better so she could keep on fishing
    pScUQ7o.png

Exhaustion got to her though and I had to sent her back to her lodging area to go and find food, she just could not find a bonefish or trashplant anywhere
    t2CDLOv.png

There you go this is so much better than starving, what have we here mmm that looks ok to eat
    sIzrsPc.png

oh ok mmm ok yeah no this is not yum at all, atleast it will fill her tummy
    G2t1K18.png

Back at camp she sold all her goodies and were happy that she got pleanty of simoleons for it, she had a very good sleep with no earthquakes like back home
    9PgfATD.png
    ~ That was a good catch the shower tarp,but no food, I bet you were panicking, I would have been,but I mouse over the button at the beginning of there needs bar to see how long they have!(it is the button you push so they eat(crossed knife & fork) or go to the toilet straight away!(the toilet roll))
    ~ Luckily she found some trash food,any were were people gather is a good place to check the bins!Or picnic tables,mostly they have to have bins nearby! (to clean up!)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Get murky girl! This challenge is so awesome. I have done part 1, too. The Murkland Challenge has a cult following lol Have a murky good time.
    ~ That was a good catch the shower tarp,but no food, I bet you were panicking, I would have been,but I mouse over the button at the beginning of there needs bar to see how long they have!(it is the button you push so they eat(crossed knife & fork) or go to the toilet straight away!(the toilet roll))
    ~ Luckily she found some trash food,any were were people gather is a good place to check the bins!Or picnic tables,mostly they have to have bins nearby! (to clean up!)

Yeah I am pretty pleased with the shower tarp catch :)
    @mcrudd @aussiekarima
    The face of Murkland :wink:
    upv4mq10.jpg

Love it <3
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Get murky girl! This challenge is so awesome. I have done part 1, too. The Murkland Challenge has a cult following lol Have a murky good time.

Thank you so much :) Happy simming
    Day 5 began very hungry and full of complaints
    m9g3HcM.png

Are you serious? Garbage food again, you are not a good simgod
    ZYhg9yM.png

Hello bear friend, thank you for helping me with my aspiration
    BUxQx4A.png

I need more friends, sorry I am so grubby
    lks5syl.png

Dustbin food again, well atleast its mac and cheese this time round
    Pt6Js8Z.png
    Day 5 will continue
    Now that Sandy has money lets buy some things to make life a bit more comfy
    wy5Fifw.png

mmm where to put our purchases
    pqvkC5a.png

There you go so much better
    X6Iiwh7.png

Night night
    SHF9Gp8.png

ePhSrqj.png
    ~ She will be OK!many Murkies have been through this before,our poor Sims though will look at use & question our sanity, I love the looks they give when we go against there wishes!LOL! And they always look straight at you! Love it! <3
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

~ She will be OK!many Murkies have been through this before,our poor Sims though will look at use & question our sanity, I love the looks they give when we go against there wishes!LOL! And they always look straight at you! Love it! <3

That actually kind of freaks me out a bit LOL
    ~ I have played just about every day since the Sims 2, & they always look at you as if to question what you are telling them to do!I love it!( I played the originals, The Sims & SimCity, but not every day as work & RL got in the way!LOL) ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

~ I have played just about every day since the Sims 2, & they always look at you as if to question what you are telling them to do!I love it!( I played the originals, The Sims & SimCity, but not every day as work & RL got in the way!LOL) ;)

They are best to do as they are told and not show me that they know what I am doing :D
    Day 7 for Sandy

She managed to work on her aspiration
    I0k9jlT.png

Was a little sad that she had to eat rummaged food again
    aeS0Hi5.png

but once she managed to finish it she felt better and her tum tum was full
    X2RLqfr.png

she decided to try and catch the bonefish again, not in the mood for more rumaged food, but it teased her by swimming around her hook
    CWjotrI.png

mmm this is not a bonefish
    06duV1f.png

oooh need to get to that bush asap
    tuLR73h.png

perhaps it will be better to forget about that bonefish and concentrate on herbalism and harvesting wild plants tomorrow
    RO3y4r5.png

yup, tommorrow will be a good day of harvesting and tasting wild plants, that bonefish can wait a wee while
    9hJiV4d.png
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    It was even more creepy in Sim Medieval. I would pause to position the camera for a better angle and *I swear* their eyes followed the camera :open_mouth:
    ~ Now that was a bit creepy, I asked my son if he saw it,as I thought I had imagined it, he said "No,you did not imagine it,they are following your camera movements!" LOL!
    ~ You are so right about that one @EuphorialQueen it was very creepy! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

It was even more creepy in Sim Medieval. I would pause to position the camera for a better angle and *I swear* their eyes followed the camera :open_mouth:

I know they freak a person out some days
    ~ Now that was a bit creepy, I asked my son if he saw it,as I thought I had imagined it, he said "No,you did not imagine it,they are following your camera movements!" LOL!
    ~ You are so right about that one @EuphorialQueen it was very creepy! ;)

I find that some days they look back at a person, like asking are you still here :O
    day 8,9 and 10 kind of flowed into each other this time. So here is my update for those days.

as usual the day starts with rummaging for food, this is the beginning of day 8
    ZLV17rQ.png

today she is collecting for her deodorizing cream, its almost time to head home and that still needs to be done
    8LFYrju.png

what rotten luck in testing the herbs found and they all toxic
    GQxBVF7.png

come here little froggy
    ioO0uub.png

oooh something beautiful to collect and sell
    NIUlyRl.png

wow caught that little bonefish, so yummy fish for supper or is that breakfast LOL
    55TiNFk.png

lets cook this little sucker
    HfkskGK.png

she has completely missed a day and went for a shower and into bed on day 9 that creeped on her
    Fzb9KwJ.png

wow how did this happen she was awake for a whole day into the next
    HKPq6xT.png

travelling back from the secret forest to the normal lodgings took long, it went from am to pm immidiately mmmm well anyways, she rumaged for food
    zg5L4Ll.png

found all the ingredients on her travels to make the deodorizing cream. Also realised that day 10 just started too.
    JJKt165.png

Finally made some deodorizing creams
    CoODITN.png

Back home in Murkland in the early hours of day 10
    zWXsEPb.png
    Day 10

Day 10 starts with Sandy standing proudly next to her first trash plant
    azM3Mmx.png

Her social is real low from being away in the forest the last few days. So she met up with some locals
    5bfCRET.png

She met this very playful sim named Mad Mud, she felt an instant connection with him
    gw8yguu.png

Time stood stil as they chatted all day long
    kUwO3jP.png

One thing let to antoher and before you knew it they had their first kiss
    SlYibdB.png

Awww Sandy has found some love
    bu69LMQ.png

She did a happy dance when she got home
    46PuKrl.png

Looked after her trash plants, see two more, how lucky a day is she having today
    6IcxQC0.png

and 3 more piles for future trash plants.
    Bj0vv3M.png

What will happen tomorrow, well I don't know, you will have to wait and see ;)

edited January 2018
    ~ Wow,you are steaming along with days running into each other!LOL!
    ~ In love with Mad Mud, lol! :o
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

~ Wow,you are steaming along with days running into each other!LOL!
    ~ In love with Mad Mud, lol! :o

that happens when you concentrate on trying to get food and not look at the time in game hahahaha. Yeah Mad Mud and her is very much in love :D
    Awww A nice Murky romance brewing?

the Murkiest of them all ;)