Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to the "Eco Living" theme that the Laundry Day Stuff Pack was supposed to be about?

The official trailer for Sims 4: Laundry Day has been released... okay. So, what's up with it? Last I knew, the Sim community was asked to vote a few times for the main theme, the objects, etc... and last I knew, "Eco Living" was supposed to be included in this stuff pack, but I don't see any of that... at all. What part of this pack is supposed to be "going green"?
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited January 2018
    Using one of the most energy consuming machines according to many people in the community.
    I just hope this won’t mean that we will not get an actual eco living sp.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    While I'm happy that we are getting laundry to wash our dirty underwear I actually asked that the other day. Remember the time when this was eco-friendly stuff pack? Lol. Seriously did EA forget what they were doing....originally?
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Nobody forgot anything? We literally voted the entire way. This is a community pack. Ea Just gave us options to vote on

Eco Living was one of the votes that won... this pack was supposed to be an Eco Living/Laundry pack.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The wash tub and clothes lines are ECO living.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Laundry is a horrible idea. I can imagine that laundry will probably consume a sims entire day..or maybe two, considering it takes them an hour to eat and about that long to take a shower. That plus they are horrible at keeping the house clean autonomously. Even neat sims are poor at keeping everything clean in TS4.
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited January 2018
    What a mess of a pack. Out of all the great options I also voted for Eco Living thinking it had potential but they really shouldn't have put Laundry there as part of the possible gameplay things. I really can't believe people settled for washing machines, something we got in The Sims 3.

I think this should have at least evolved into an Eco Living Game Pack. I hope they save all of those great features (Off the Grid, etc.) for a Seasons EP.
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    We're never going to get an eco living pack. We are stuck with a laundry pack. The whole voting was a sham.
    C0gfE.gif
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, it became laundry vs. the other ideas in the vote. Eh, it's an SP. It's there as an option if you want it.

I did like Off The Grid and Food Preserves. I also did like participating in the voting process and would do that again for sure.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I voted for the off the grid thing but I'm really happy with the outcome nonetheless, I'd prolly buy anything ea throws at me sims4 wise, except perhaps for something superhero themed... but they'd prolly work their way around that with a really cool build&buy so eh *shrugs*
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    that theme went into the compost bin when laundry was chosen as the gameplay. nothing eco-friendly about polluting waters with laundry detergent.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    We're never going to get an eco living pack. We are stuck with a laundry pack. The whole voting was a sham.

It's a sham because we didn't get what you wanted?

It's a sham because we were voting for an eco friendly themed pack, NOT a laundry pack.
    If it had been called a laundry pack from the start, we would have had the opportunity to vote for other things.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Babies as objects.Pools with no slides.Still no spiral staircase.EA is doing what they want and making it look like they care about the community.Only the cheerleaders get excited about EA screwing the Sims.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    The washtub where you wash your clothes by hand is the only eco thing I see. Not that I really care. Laundry shouldn't have won that vote. I want it in the game but it should have been added into a patch.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Who knows -- they could combine eco-living with aspects of the Off the Grid theme and put that into an SP or even a GP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Laundry was part of the description of Eco-living pack form the very beginning. I actually don't think Eco-living would have won without the mention of laundry but we'll never know. I didn't vote for either but it was what won. I still enjoyed the process, and would like another community pack.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

It's a sham because we were voting for an eco friendly themed pack, NOT a laundry pack.
    If it had been called a laundry pack from the start, we would have had the opportunity to vote for other things.

You do realize this is how the actual dev process is correct? They big a broad subject and then narrow it down to a more focused one.

We were also aware laundry would be a possibility if we picked eco living from day 1, so its not a sham just because your vote didnt win.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited January 2018
    The Guru’s have explained themselves multiple times and no one chooses to listen.

Which is a huge issue with people who constantly complain about The Sims 4.

YOU ARE GETTING AN ECO FRIENDLY STUFF PACK. But you are also getting additional stuff as well.

Washing your clothes in the bucket and hanging them up on the line is ECO FRIENDLY.

But unless you want them to offer Washing and Drying machines under a seperate pack, they might as well include them as well as an overall concept.

But Laundry was originally brainstormed by the Devs when discussing Eco stuff, because washing by hand is eco-friendly.

SimGuruGraham explained multiple times how the topics and ideas were chosen.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Demonstrates the importance of voting
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    But Laundry was originally brainstormed by the Devs when discussing Eco stuff, because washing by hand is eco-friendly.

i'm sorry, but this reasoning is so dumb. that's like creating a pack about ice cream and making ham sandwiches the centerpiece because ice cream sandwiches also exist. or adding cars via this pack because electric cars are a thing.

"laundry" should've been listed as a pack of it's own during the first round of voting. things like solar panels, off the grid living, composting, etc are what i think of when i hear "eco-friendly", not washing clothes in whichever manner is least harmful.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    While I'm happy that we are getting laundry to wash our dirty underwear I actually asked that the other day. Remember the time when this was eco-friendly stuff pack? Lol. Seriously did EA forget what they were doing....originally?

Nope. Just for reference, here's how the original options went:

LHuI9sP.jpg

Domestic responsibilities and laundry were included as options, right from the start. As was 'potential' areas, not guaranteed.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

It's a sham for the following reasons:

a) Voting was suspect - the vote for the theme was ranked, but everything else was first past the post. I doubt the eco theme would have won if the rest of the voting was this way, and it's doubtful that laundry won if the voting had been consistent from the beginning.
    b) The guru told people to vote for laundry
    c) Laundry was included in both eco living and home life stuff
    d) Laundry is not, nor has it ever been, eco friendly (detergent harms the environment and is killing the Orcas in Puget Sound)

Also, laundry is a terrible idea for a pack. I mean, people are really going to spend $10 to do imaginary laundry? If we do another community pack, I'm assuming people will also explain how $10 isn't that much to spend on a pack that involves paint drying. People have also tried to claim that "everybody has a washing machine and a dryer in their house" but that is patently false - I have to go to the laundromat if I want to do laundry, so laundry is, in fact, entirely unrealistic for my sims.

I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    We aren't getting an eco friendly stuff pack. We are getting laundry day. If you ask someone who doesn't play the sims 4 what eco living means to them I can guarantee washing machines and tumble driers will not be the answer. They are not eco friendly in the slightest. Giving us a bucket and washboard does not make this pack eco friendly. An example of a game incorporating eco friendly game play is the latest expansion for Cities Skylines Green Cities. That's how you do an eco friendly pack.

I feel sorry for the people who voted eco living because they wanted solar panels, recycling and other green initiatives. There was no chance of getting it once it was paired with laundry. Laundry had to be shoe horned in the process somehow. It's no secret the devs have been wanting to make a laundry pack. Sim Guru Graham said on twitter to make some noise if we wanted laundry and that was way before the community vote began. Chances are we would have got laundry at one point. Instead it was thrown in with a theme that didn't really match it and pitched against 3/4 other ideas, some of which were new (and plenty of people don't want new things, they want a rehash of things we have) and the vote was split. For me this pack was never about eco living. It was laundry from the beginning.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top