Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to change a door routing?

lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I'm creating 4-tile sliding doors and I managed to get the door animation to work properly. However sims route through the center (clipping through the middle of the door) instead of the left where the door actually opens. I tried changing the rig position but it made no difference. Here is a picture showing off the problem:
j3Pc5yj.jpg
How can I change the routing so sims will pass through the opening on the left and not through the middle?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimGuruEugiSimGuruEugi Posts: 503 SimGuru
    edited January 2018
    Without a rig change, you'll need a script mod to get this to work:
    In door.py, there are hard-coded offsets set to +/- 0.05, 0.3 meters that define the portal locations from the object's root.

To avoid a script mod, you need to off-center the object model to account for those hard-coded values.

Edit: One of our awesome modelers made this for you:
    lb98s9rq6fxw.png
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I off-centered the model like you said, and the sims now do walk through the opening. The problem now is the wall-cutout which begins and ends one square earlier than expected:
    3GuG2qv.jpg
    How can I off-center the wall-cutout too?
    It looks like your footprint is still 2x2 (you can tell by the green tiles). Make sure the footprint is the proper size and is also offset.
    Hey, @lexus20, I'm not sure if you're still actively working on this, but today's patch should make it easier to achieve what you're trying to do. Check out the new implementation for Door, where you can change the portal offsets without resorting to script mods.
  • AshenSeacedAshenSeaced Posts: 2 New Member
    @SimGuruEugi Hi, I'm doing some kind of work similarly to this. I don't really have any idea on how to change the portal offsets in today's patch unlike the previous version. In this few days I really do not understand the current situation on how to solve it, as you mention this portal offset without resorting to script mods how and where do we add or modify this offset ?
  • AshenSeacedAshenSeaced Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh, I think I got it, I just found out that portal offset was transferred in portal_Data inside snippets XML. Thanks anyways. All my sliding doors are now 100% working.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top