Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you purchasing Laundry Day stuff?

Comments

• kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Certainly!
    I'm really excited for this pack because I love the look of it. I just wonder when my sims are going to have time to do laundry though - their lives are so busy!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    Certainly!
    I purchase all packs simply because I like having all the new furniture and clothing options. However, it will probably be my least favorite pack.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Certainly!
    I was on the fence but when I saw the trailer I thought it was terrific. I especially like the old fashioned washboard/bucket, and that toddlers could play in it. I'll have to work on remodeling some of my houses this weekend to add laundry rooms (likely in basements).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Certainly!
    kemisz wrote: »
    I'm really excited for this pack because I love the look of it. I just wonder when my sims are going to have time to do laundry though - their lives are so busy!

If you can do the laundry without having to stand around and wait for it, it should be easy to start a load, go off and do something else, then come back and put in the dryer. Although this makes me want them to fix the borked "clean house" options for Neat Sims. In the early days of the Sims 4 you could click and choose "Clean House..." and Neat Sims would go around and find all the dirty areas to clean up -- find hidden dirty dishes/glassware, mop puddles, etc. They could even go on a Cleaning Frenzy which gave them an extra moodlet. But it's been broken for a long time now.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Probably.

Yeah. This, and the fact that you have to steal space from other more fun things in the house for it is what annoys me most. It LOOKS well done, but its another time thief, just like daily tasks for careers and aspirations and whatnot which keeps my sims from actually doing fun stuff I enjoy them doing.
    But again, I guess this is the best reason so far to save up enough to get a butler.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    Certainly!

Yeah. This, and the fact that you have to steal space from other more fun things in the house for it is what annoys me most. It LOOKS well done, but its another time thief, just like daily tasks for careers and aspirations and whatnot which keeps my sims from actually doing fun stuff I enjoy them doing.
    But again, I guess this is the best reason so far to save up enough to get a butler.

That's what basements are for -- all the stuff you don't want to put on the main level like washing machines or home gyms and the like.

I wonder if maids will do laundry. Might be more incentive to hire a maid.
    Probably.
    Which reminds me: After moving to a house from an apartment my dog can go out by itself again BUT my maid keeps being cancelled automatically. I subscribe to the service, he or she shows up 1 or 2 days and then never shows up again.

As for basements: I don't want to break up the layout of the Old Salt House just to squeeze in a basement staircase.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Certainly!
    I'm really picky when it comes to Stuff Packs since I buy them based on how useful they'll be to my game play and story telling. So there have been a few packs I never bothered to get, nor have plans to get, like Movie Hangout and Perfect Patio. But looking at the items we voted for in Laundry Day and seeing some of them in action, like the wash basin and clothes line, will make this Stuff Pack a welcome edition to my games.
  • WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    Maybe.
    I really do love the clothes and items ugh. I just don't like the laundry aspect of it.
    C0gfE.gif
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Certainly!
    Yes! I can't wait. I like most of the stuff packs. :)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Probably.
    I will likely buy it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • BenincasaBenincasa Posts: 104 Member
    No way! So not purchasing!
    I get that people want more realism in the game, but laundry is boring in real life and I doubt it will be exciting in a video game. Sorry. I played a game called Singles which is somewhat similar to The Sims and they had to do laundry and it was not exciting... So no, I don't get the hype around the laundry pack thing.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Certainly!
    Benincasa wrote: »
    I get that people want more realism in the game, but laundry is boring in real life and I doubt it will be exciting in a video game. Sorry. I played a game called Singles which is somewhat similar to The Sims and they had to do laundry and it was not exciting... So no, I don't get the hype around the laundry pack thing.

Because Laundry is a chore you have to do IRL.

A lot of people say they play the sims to live a life they could never actually live.

Laundry is a boring chore we do irl, even though it's relaxing for some. What is the purpose of luxuries without chores though? What's the point of making your way and being rich and famous, if there's no reward for it? If there's nothing to clean or do, then there's no point in a maid or a butler. Why bother cooking, cleaning or doing any other chore for that matter?

It helps make a difference between Rich and Poor sims. Poor sims will do their laundry by hand, and rich sims will have the maid or butler do it.

Plus it's another thing to do to keep sims busy, like stay at home mothers.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Definitely not. I'll use my money at an actual laundromat, and fantasizing that I have an actual washer/dryer in my house isn't that appealing. Besides, my stay-at-home sims have way too much work to do already in the garden and with dishes and such, so why waste even more time that they don't have?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Nope. I don't ever see myself purchasing that pack anytime soon.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    Probably.
    everyday stuff is always nice to have, just to have sims DO something than standing idle grinning or driking water in their despair :joy:

but as with all TS4 packs, i will get it only bundled with a GP & another SP at a cheapest price available when it comes out,
    that's the only way for me to have no regrets

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Certainly!
    I really want the light bulb from build and buy so I can put it in all my sims basements. If only we could make attics with a ladder leading up to it.
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Certainly!
    The day it comes out. Already counting the days.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Certainly!
    Hopefully Laundry will go towards making Neat Sims happy.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Probably.
    When on sale, why not. For the bb.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • TaktischeMPTaktischeMP Posts: 34 Member
    Maybe.
    @flintylime59 Same. I don't buy any of my packs until I see a LGR video.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Certainly!
    Day one. Would've preordered it for convenience if I could. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • KirbycatKirbycat Posts: 21 Member
    Certainly!
    I've honestly been waiting for this pack since the idea was entertained! Perhaps I'm weird but I love laundry irl but unfortunately, don't have a washing/drying machine (live in an apartment) and this pack would be a way to live out that love.
    Probably.
    If only this had been an Eco Living pack...
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    Certainly!

If you can do the laundry without having to stand around and wait for it, it should be easy to start a load, go off and do something else, then come back and put in the dryer. Although this makes me want them to fix the borked "clean house" options for Neat Sims. In the early days of the Sims 4 you could click and choose "Clean House..." and Neat Sims would go around and find all the dirty areas to clean up -- find hidden dirty dishes/glassware, mop puddles, etc. They could even go on a Cleaning Frenzy which gave them an extra moodlet. But it's been broken for a long time now.

I hope to @stilljustme2. My sims never have enough hours in the day. Especially balancing toddlers, pets, careers and their needs. *Sigh* But a set and forget setting might work out okay. I still intend to buy it though because I loved doing laundry in Sims 3.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.