Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Match CC or Alpha CC or no CC?

ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
edited January 2018 in General Mods Discussion
Which one do you prefer/play?
I like Maxis Match CC for all the games. :-)

Maxis Match CC or Alpha CC or no CC? 130 votes

Maxis Match CC
73%
icmnfrshStormkeepVibseRukola_SchaafghilieaimeeastRadioAChickenMissSassyshygirlloubyloulouSelkisAcidfairyyyJennyggSimplyJenKatiardguezpeterskywalkerSim2Spore4utumnj3n1ynSimplyTori 96 votes
Alpha CC
12%
SimsILikeSimsFluorescentSoapjheyjuneiceNatacha1994SimBimBonxienight_tidemysterionzLantiscevolasnazzysimsariasunshineevasarahxxCheetahAlyssaLunaeticxoabby9646925 16 votes
No CC
13%
MrsTomato1018cchant86SimpkinluthienrisingNinoosimBlargianDoloresGreyKarababy52ByondTime89garapoesEricasFreePlayNyteRoseShadowmarkedxHeliodoraHenrinatorPluttskuttPRINCESSReyWildIrishBanshee 18 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I don't use a lot of cc but I like both.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    I love a good maxis match hairstyle. Definitely my strongest weakness when it comes to CC.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    I've exclusively used MM since the Sims 2 days. There was even this CC site back then named Maxis Traum, and I liked some of their hairstyles.

I tend to use the CAS that comes with packs, and alpha CC would look very out of place. I'm not a huge fan of the clay hair look, but I value uniformity above most things
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    I use both but i kinda prefer MM. It looks more natural. Though, Alpha can make some realistic looking sims if you have the right CC.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • xHeliodoraxHeliodora Posts: 146 Member
    No CC
    I don't really use CC in my games.
  • chxnelchxnel Posts: 57 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    See, I used to use alpha cc because it fit my style and liking better, however I realized how unrealistic it was after. I also use MC command center, and all these sims were spawning with weird skins and hair and everything was a huge mess. Also, everything was laggy but maybe thats my fault for installing the wrong kind. So after just being so over "trying to have realistic looking sims via alpha cc", i cleared my whoooole mod folder and installed a few maxis match cc (just for more variety in clothes and hair) and the game just feels so much more legit.
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Alpha CC
    I use both, I prefer Alpha for furniture and makeup and skin etc, but I do use some maxis match clothing.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    Maxis Match CC. I don't like CC that doesn't fit the art style of the game since they look out of place to me.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    Maxis Match mostly. I'm mostly picky/strict with my hairs being consistent (alpha hair really sticks out) but I generally follow the MM rule for clothing and Build/Buy as well though occasionally I'll let something I really like slip in. Makeup & Skin Details I'm open to either or (I'm not sure there is true MM for those anyway.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 197 Member
    You need an option for - I just go around the internet going "oooh, sparkly new stuff!" and downloading everything and mixing and matching whatever like a complete philistine.

Because that's what I do.
  • LantiLanti Posts: 36 Member
    Alpha CC
    I'm super into alpha CC and I sadly see that my "team" is waning :,(
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    Okto84 wrote: »
    You need an option for - I just go around the internet going "oooh, sparkly new stuff!" and downloading everything and mixing and matching whatever like a complete philistine.

Because that's what I do.

Yeah, same :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited January 2018
    Maxis Match CC
    I played vanilla game for the longest time until I decided to get CC when there was a far bigger selection of Maxis Match CC to choose from. The clothing, thankfully, for this iteration is a lot better than the previous game to me with a better selection of clothing as a lot of clothes look reallllly dated now in older games.

Though I really like the creative content for MM a lot of CC creators come out with. A lot of alpha related clothes just don't fit with the game at all with little to no textures on a majority of them or a lot of photoskinning/copy paste methods. Not to mention a lot of high poly count hairs.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    Alpha CC
    Alpha - definelty ;)
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    No CC
    No CC because it breaks my games. But on the odd occasion I do use it, it's MM
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    Even though having no CC in the game is better I prefer to have MM CC's. I don't really like alpha CC's because they are just not fitting the game and look unrealistic ingame.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • aimeeastaimeeast Posts: 65 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    Maxis match!! hands down
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    In sims 2 I had more alpha cc hair but in ts4 maxis match hair just works so much better with the sims look. Also love hair that is available for all ages
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    I prefer Maxis Match CC but occassionally I do use alpha hairs for special events
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Maxis Match CC
    I didn't care what kind of CC I had in TS2. I haven't spent much time playing TS3 so I don't really have much or even any CC there. But for TS4, I use only Maxis Match. The original style is just so unique. I also use mostly hairstyles, and I try to reduce their amount with game development.
  • TristySnowTristySnow Posts: 13 New Member
    Maxis Match CC
    Definitely Maxis Match FTW!
  • night_tidenight_tide Posts: 112 Member
    Alpha CC
    I honestly love both MM and Alpha, but from the CAS perspective, I'm going to have to go with Alpha.
    The roof is not my son, but I will raise it.

original.gif

• LunaeticxoLunaeticxo Posts: 2 New Member
    Alpha CC
    Always gonna for alpha 👌🏻
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    No CC
    I chose no CC as I am playing the Sims 4 without any, but if I feel the need I will be going MM. But on my Sims 2 game, it's almost all alpha lol. Just the different looks of the sims/worlds.