January 18 - Friday Highlight is here, waiting for you to check it out!

dev update - Laundry Day hairstyles

Comments

  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Loriewhite wrote: »
    I would really like to see more long full wavy hair with lots of texture like mods , (like real hair not cartoon)

    Like Alpha CC? The cartoon style is the official style of TS4. Doing the realistic hait wound't just make no sense, but it'd also be unprofessional, in my opinion.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    The hair looks great :) I was wondering if going forward we were able to choose the color of clips, ribbons etc. I like to match hair accessories to the clothing. I hate how I have to choose the clothing to make the hair accessory.

    Just to be clear, I would like my sim to be able to wear a black hair clip no matter what color her hair is.

    Oh, I agree with that. I love that TS4 hair are compatible with hats, but if we also could change colour of accesories, it'd be perfect.
    There is actually a lot of Maxis Match CC that have more realistic looking hairs too. I think people want hairstyles that reflect their own more and in some cases there are colors they have or textures or lengths that they have that aren't represented in the game yet. Like when SimGuruDrake has her cool purple hair, you just can't get that deep rich purple in the game yet without the help of CC or making your own swatches. I'm all for more options in the Sims.

    Oh, I agree with that. However I was reffering to part "like real hair not cartoon". I might've misunderstood that, but in my opinion Maxis Match CC, even if more realistic, still look cartoony. And it's really fine for me sice I like that style a lot.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 803 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    The quality of the hair recently has been fantastic. Kudos to those who are choosing the styles and the textures. I'd love an entire stuff pack dedicated to CAS items - as I, personally, never feel like we have enough hair options. :)

    That is so true! If you look at the base game hairs we got it launch, verus the hair we have now... It's an amazing improvement. If only the base game hairs could a makeover. But that's never gonna happen xD
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 388 Member
    Awesome!! Thank you for posting this! I definitely love seeing the improvement from base game to now. I never knew that hairstyles were so time-consuming. I always thought furniture would be a pain to make. I've modeled furniture before (for interior design) and it always takes time to make them, perfect them, and pick the right materials for them. I found this post very insightful. I love reading the redlines made throughout the development. I love how specific they are about the little details, like adding shadows for depth or curling one strand of hair. My favorite comment would be the one about the bun being lower, due to gravity and time. Very detail-oriented. ;)

    While going through the comments section, I agree with some of the comments about wanting more ethnic hairstyles and wanting more color options without the help of CC. I personally don't use CC and would like to be able to add highlights or change the ombre colors for some of the hairstyles if that is possible. If not that, then I think it would be cool to just have new deeper color options, like dark purple, midnight blue, or red wine colored hair, to balance the bright colored hair we currently have.

    Anyways, I am loving these hair styles!! Super cute!!! Can't wait to have these in the game. :p Hopefully, in other packs or updates, we get to see hairstyles similar to these pictures I included, which show some suggestions for trendy yet casual and/or bed-head (messy) styles for different hair types. o:)

    4e743d1275410582820a8b1e94ed2f10.jpg aeba3843376f650173276f3ffc42bd4f--turban-headbands-turbans.jpg bcbfa88d824419deca7698dcac9ce01a.jpg
    Hair-Color-Ideas-29.jpg?w=270&h=415&crop&ssl=1 latest?cb=20170830200612
    hairstyles-for-greasy-hair-oily-1494583263.jpg?resize=618%2C308&ssl=1
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

  • ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    It's been interesting to follow each step and learn about the process. I hope there will be other community projects like this in the future.

    The hairstyles are nice, but like others have said it would be nice to have more curly hair or something else than straight adult female hair. What I really need in my game is more hair for children, I end up using the same hairs over and over again and would like some variety. Still, I appreciate these hairs. I especially love the detail of gravity and time pulling the bun down!

    Can't wait for the Laundry Day Stuff :)
  • saishousaishou Posts: 276 Member
    Digging the hair with the clip!
    Keep moving forward.

    - My Art - Website - OriginID : saishou
    pv_by_sai_shou-dbye3yu.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 7,821 Member
    Oh the Good ol' "I was too lazy to do my hair" hairstyle, nice!
    All I need in the Sims is Magic, Seasons, Survival, Adventure
    This is Magic: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/771995/the-sims-4-magic-is-coming-updated/p1

    giphy_by_mphattyboi-dce4e4d.gif
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 192 Member
    Oh wow, I can't WAIT!!! The hairstyles are so lovely I can't wait to use them in game. I should also learn to not click on what is coming up this quarterly because I am now impatient and want them both already! :D
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 16,192 Member
    edited January 2018
    @SimGuruGraham I'm...actually not in favor of the design of the male hairstyle which I'm sure will also show up as a female hairstyle on the go *eyeroll* (I don't even understand why there's a male filter in cas anymore).

    But the reason I'm not in favor of it is because GTW already has a very similar hair to it, it's much too similar.

    Get-to-Work-Hairstyles-Male.png

    You can see it on the far right side the fourth on the upper line.

    No offence but tell your art director to stop doing the same hairstyles over and over, especially when it comes to the men. We could use some low Mohawks, an I just woke up messy "upwards" short hair, etc.

    DIq3ocHWAAQ_eyZ.jpg

    Cool-Hairstyles-For-Men-300x300.jpg

    Skin-Fade-300x300.jpg

    Mens-Long-Messy-Hairstyles.jpg

    Messy-Hairstyles-For-Men.jpg

    There's also a huge neglect for beards which would probably fit this pack. You know the "unattended" fluffy beard. It's just....it's frustrating.

    The female hairs look spectacular though.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    qcWS6DX.png?2
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 47,393 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, the male one looks similar to one we have before... and we only got this one new male hairstyle... *sigh* But the texture looks nicer to me since the chunks of hair are going in different directions, which makes it a bit different from the ones we already have.

    The female ones look pretty tho. Love the one with the claw clip. :)
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    QcfAIPA.gif
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 484 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham I'm...actually not in favor of the design of the male hairstyle which I'm sure will also show up as a female hairstyle on the go *eyeroll* (I don't even understand why there's a male filter in cas anymore).

    But the reason I'm not in favor of it is because GTW already has a very similar hair to it, it's much too similar.

    Get-to-Work-Hairstyles-Male.png

    You can see it on the far right side the fourth on the upper line.

    No offence but tell your art director to stop doing the same hairstyles over and over, especially when it comes to the men. We could use some low Mohawks, an I just woke up messy "upwards" short hair, etc.

    DIq3ocHWAAQ_eyZ.jpg

    Cool-Hairstyles-For-Men-300x300.jpg

    Skin-Fade-300x300.jpg

    Mens-Long-Messy-Hairstyles.jpg

    Messy-Hairstyles-For-Men.jpg

    There's also a huge neglect for beards which would probably fit this pack. You know the "unattended" fluffy beard. It's just....it's frustrating.

    The female hairs look spectacular though.

    I have to agree, the difference between the two is really not worth making the new one until we have more choices. I imagine it is more difficult to think up of new hairstyles for masculine over feminine hair but if that's the case looking through cc or google or even fashion magazines could help in creating something that feels 'fresh'. But they did awesome on the 2 longer hairs. Time to do more for males and children!
    Also I stand behind that beards comment, the choice we have now is awful and I find myself using cc or nothing. I liked the one that came with parenthood for teens. Hopefully if we ever get werewolves or something then we will be spoiled for choice in that category...
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 251 Member
    ooh, I love the messy updos! I like to assign hairs like that to the athletic category because it's like, "I just need the hair up to get it out of the way, not to look pretty."
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

    K7ZEXAi.png
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 2,875 Member
    rinre33 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham I'm...actually not in favor of the design of the male hairstyle which I'm sure will also show up as a female hairstyle on the go *eyeroll* (I don't even understand why there's a male filter in cas anymore).

    But the reason I'm not in favor of it is because GTW already has a very similar hair to it, it's much too similar.

    Get-to-Work-Hairstyles-Male.png

    You can see it on the far right side the fourth on the upper line.

    No offence but tell your art director to stop doing the same hairstyles over and over, especially when it comes to the men. We could use some low Mohawks, an I just woke up messy "upwards" short hair, etc.

    DIq3ocHWAAQ_eyZ.jpg

    Cool-Hairstyles-For-Men-300x300.jpg

    Skin-Fade-300x300.jpg

    Mens-Long-Messy-Hairstyles.jpg

    Messy-Hairstyles-For-Men.jpg

    There's also a huge neglect for beards which would probably fit this pack. You know the "unattended" fluffy beard. It's just....it's frustrating.

    The female hairs look spectacular though.

    I have to agree, the difference between the two is really not worth making the new one until we have more choices. I imagine it is more difficult to think up of new hairstyles for masculine over feminine hair but if that's the case looking through cc or google or even fashion magazines could help in creating something that feels 'fresh'. But they did awesome on the 2 longer hairs. Time to do more for males and children!
    Also I stand behind that beards comment, the choice we have now is awful and I find myself using cc or nothing. I liked the one that came with parenthood for teens. Hopefully if we ever get werewolves or something then we will be spoiled for choice in that category...

    Agreed!

    I like the female one, but when I saw the male one I was like; 'Oh great, more of the same male hairstyles..... :/' Really, when it comes to Male hairstyles, they seem to have lost inspiration.

  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 2,599 Member
    edited January 2018
    Only 1 male hair style why am I not surprised...
    Cunningham wrote: »
    I would also like to see the sims 4 going in a different direction for male hairstyles...Most males have short hair,we don't have much choice when it comes to short male hair.
    So true short styled male hair would be great and is desperately needed.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    Finally!!! I love all of these hairstyles, especially the one with the headband. :)

    that's a cool image you have...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 188 Member
    I would love some Kpop male hairstyles.
  • AlyRay96AlyRay96 Posts: 58 Member
    I’m so excited for this pack!!!!!
    “Listen, smile, agree and then do whatever you were going to do anyway.“
  • hepe1977hepe1977 Posts: 34 Member
    I love these hairstyles. Cannot wait to get them. :)
  • sigildaggersigildagger Posts: 42 Member
    So excited!
    Sigil's Sims 4 Adventures
    sigildagger.blogspot.fi.png
    Gallery ID: sigildagger
    #empty #unfurnished #starter houses with #noMOO and #noCC
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,238 Member
    I would love some Kpop male hairstyles.

    Do you have any examples? I'm interested in seeing which ones you would like. I'm only vaguely familiar with Kpop.

    I think I'm more interested in the objects in the laundry pack, but hairstyles are cool. I'm thinking maybe something with a do-rag or something over the hair (for both male and female) to cover messy hair while they do some cleaning. Does that style already exist for Sims 4?
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Suceress wrote: »
    I would love some Kpop male hairstyles.

    Do you have any examples? I'm interested in seeing which ones you would like. I'm only vaguely familiar with Kpop.

    I think I'm more interested in the objects in the laundry pack, but hairstyles are cool. I'm thinking maybe something with a do-rag or something over the hair (for both male and female) to cover messy hair while they do some cleaning. Does that style already exist for Sims 4?

    There were styles like that in some of the early sketches/concept art for Laundry Day that I guess were eventually thrown out? Which is a shame because I really liked them. I know @SimGuruGraham said that creating hair has a lot of moving parts (and I would suspect that's why we get less hair than other CAS items) but I do wish that we got a few more in every pack. I just remember being bombarded with CAS content/hair in TS3 and I wish we could get back to that. The better quality/textures we've been getting recently + a slight increase of quantity would be golden.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 3,847 Member
    I would just love more curly hair styles for males, is that so hard to ask? :p However I do like the work of the hair as it is.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    Simblr

    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 77 Member
    Both of the female hairstyles are super cute and I'm really looking forward to them! Not particularly interested in the male one, like others mentioned it's pretty similar to other hairstyles we already have, but on the other hand I think this one looks much nicer than the old ones.
    tumblr_oyspak5w8j1r7s7gyo1_500.png
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 718 Member
    The two female hairstyles are cute, but I wish we could get longer female hair like waist length or longer. And more hairs for children and toddlers
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Epic_OriginEpic_Origin Posts: 20 Member
    I have to say I dont like these hair styles that much when we picked art style B I expected the hairstyles that were shown in that style to be what was in this pack, that is what we voted for, I planed to use both of the male and female hairstyles shown in that to :/
  • NiknackNiknack Posts: 3 New Member
    It's super rad to see a little bit of the process that goes into creation of new packs. Thanks for sharing this!
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top