Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The People of the Light Tribe - A Sims 4 Tribe Based Story (Ending | 09/12/2019)

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    So, PTLT has it's birthday next tuesday and so I'm celebrating a little early by holding a Q and A where you can ask me (practically) anything about the story. :) Btw, I welcome anyone who came just to say hey. :) You're appreciated too!
    *Still open if anyone wants to stop by*
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

So, what was the very first thought you had for the story? The spark that started the entire idea? And why did you decide to write it out of all the other ideas in your head?

What sets the story apart from your other ones? As in, how do you think is it different from the others?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

So, what was the very first thought you had for the story? The spark that started the entire idea? And why did you decide to write it out of all the other ideas in your head?

What sets the story apart from your other ones? As in, how do you think is it different from the others?

I can't remember the exact first thought (it's been over a year as I planned for the entire month of december). I think originally I had it be closer to an amazon challenge than it is now (now its nowhere near close) but that was while I was making the characters. But I changed my mind and made Thycon (or Mel's dad). That is the story of how Aoide and Thycon look nothing alike btw.

The original story (while I was writing the first few chapters) was to have Xander be kinda evil so in the end she ran away with Atlas. Thycon wasn't dead until Mel was a teenager and then after he died, Alecto found out she was pregnant (with Thycon's son)

Then I kinda made Xand too nice so I made the plot her trying to get out of the marriage with him and he also didn't want to be in it. (Hence he was originally gay not bi..) But then everyone convinced me (pretty thoroughly) that Mel should marry Xand so instead of making Xander miserable I changed it so he could love Mel back. But, at that point Mel thought he was gay so I ran with it to make things more complicated than they need to be.

I will say that it gets resolved later than you think.
    I never posted the last chapter in here at the end of 2018 so the title can have today in it as no one read that chapter when it was released and therefore it will be new to everyone now I have pics for it. :)
    Chapter 36
    tumblr_inline_plqpw7UaA91v2lczu_540.png
    New chapter! Hoping to have this story completed before July!
    Chapter 37
    DzQ_kr6WoAAjAh7.jpg
    Another new chapter...but bring tissues to this one (not sure if you'd need them but I'm not being responsible for not telling you)
    Chapter 38
    tumblr_inline_pn1q0zQb0s1v2lczu_540.png
    edited February 2019
    Okay, so quick update, I'm working on the index for the WP site so I've set it to private for now. But, if you want to access earlier chapters I'll add a page (posts) where you can get all the posts. :)
    edited March 2019
    Okay. Bonus stuff for you. I love writing Mellie ranting to anyone but Xand (her tone switches with anyone but Xand if you've not noticed). I'll give you a sample of it because I'm so impressed with how great I think it is:
    Melete '...GO OR I WILL HAVE YOU BANISHED FROM THIS LAND NEVER TO RETURN, YOU IMPERTINENT FOOL.'

OMG, I wrote this 9 months ago but its only just coming into a chapter. Next chapter in fact. I had to cut out the rest of the rant when I posted this tiny part because it involved Xander being dead and the person saying something about him but you'll get a chance to read the entire thing soon. :)
    Anyone want a chapter?
    *puppy eyes* Yes! Yesyesyes! Pretty please?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited May 2019
    No update yet (I know I keep saying I'll have it done but life happens) but I got this for you. :)
    D6OCld0WkAEXCNE.jpg:large

If I had planned it for more than an hour then I'd probably have included some more simlit references in it but I did get a Friends of Foes reference in a few places. I'll probably make one with one of the other royal family members to make up for only putting Foes in there. (I promise I'm not picking favourites)
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
    You got me :bawling: I was so excited for a weekend start PTLT chapter :bawling:
    But the magazine cover is gorgeous, too! ;) Lia looks gorgeous, and the black and dark red color theme is so great on the white background :love: I love the simplicity of it!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    You got me :bawling: I was so excited for a weekend start PTLT chapter :bawling:
    But the magazine cover is gorgeous, too! ;) Lia looks gorgeous, and the black and dark red color theme is so great on the white background :love: I love the simplicity of it!

I'm working on the chapter. Promise. :) But, thanks. :)
    A little bit of proof I'm working on the next chapter (which should be out tomorrow). :)
    tumblr_preu6lNoPZ1xlu9nzo1_540.png

Also, side note: I'm really glad I got photoshop because I like my recent editing on chapters. (I started a monthly thing for it back in like Feb or March.)
    Finally! A new chapter.
    Chapter 41
    D6Z636sXkAAME3P.jpg
    Tbh, the councellors are total hypocrites. They've never fully accepted Xander as their king, at least not to the extent as to which he would be able to give them orders. I still remember that council meeting when he replaced Mel, and how they treated him. And now they urge Mel to remarry as soon as possible, although they wouldn't accept another king either. What do they hope? That she marries one of their sons so they will gain power over the kingdom?
    Mel was already kind enough to explain once more why she was actually grieving. Not that she would have to. She shouldn't have to. It should be clear what she's going through and even as a queen, she should be granted some time. She has a male heir already after all, so that part is fulfilled.
    I was super surprised by Atlas' father addressing Mel with her name and not, "my queen", or "my lady" as etiquette would have required. Sure, she isn't his queen (I guess?) but still wayyyy above him in rank. Had she been anyone else, they wouldn't have seen Atlas. They would have ended up in the dungeons.
    At least Atlas got his happy ending! He really deserves it, and my heart rejoices for him :)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Tbh, the councellors are total hypocrites. They've never fully accepted Xander as their king, at least not to the extent as to which he would be able to give them orders. I still remember that council meeting when he replaced Mel, and how they treated him. And now they urge Mel to remarry as soon as possible, although they wouldn't accept another king either. What do they hope? That she marries one of their sons so they will gain power over the kingdom?
    Mel was already kind enough to explain once more why she was actually grieving. Not that she would have to. She shouldn't have to. It should be clear what she's going through and even as a queen, she should be granted some time. She has a male heir already after all, so that part is fulfilled.
    I was super surprised by Atlas' father addressing Mel with her name and not, "my queen", or "my lady" as etiquette would have required. Sure, she isn't his queen (I guess?) but still wayyyy above him in rank. Had she been anyone else, they wouldn't have seen Atlas. They would have ended up in the dungeons.
    At least Atlas got his happy ending! He really deserves it, and my heart rejoices for him :)

Honestly, she kinda hates them for even suggesting she has to marry another man. She's aware that if she doesn't want to then she doesn't have to as she has an heir and some spares if needed (she's kinda glad they told her to have another kid now because it means she gets to make this decision by herself). She's going through a lot and they're really not being understanding at all.

I think the problem they had with Xander was that he is, in their terms, foreign because he doesn't belong to Light. They would probably accept another king if he wasn't from another tribe.

Atlas' father has known Melete since she was a baby. He was her father's best friend and so he's always known her as Melete. Although, he is lucky Melete is the type of person that doesn't care. She generally lets anyone call her Melete because it makes conversations easier for her (hence why she tells everyone to just call her Melete). Combine that with the fact she knows he's her dad's old friend (although she's never spoken to him before and doesn't know his name) and her state of mind and he got lucky.

Yeah, Atlas has his girlfriend, his babies (the one that's born and the other one that will come along in like 6 months) and now his family. I'm really glad to give him a happy ending. We probably won't see much of him actively in the story now though. Maybe in the background of some chapters. :)
    Haven't posted in here in a while but it's not a new chapter although exciting stuff. I'm planning the sequel of PTLT, which actually doesn't have a name yet. Intrigued?

Set in an alternate version of the PTLT Universe whereas instead of the medievalish era of the original, it's the 21st Century and rather than the grassy original tribal area, it's the sandy shores of what you know as Sulani. The older twins of Xelete move away from home to go to College/Uni and have to try and live life in a different culture than their own (the culture being exactly the same as the original) and discovering new things (spoiler: one of them is probably gonna be Christmas).

Anyway, I swear this story is more interesting than I am describing it to be and should be starting either after the finale of PTLT or slightly before as the new story contains no spoilers for the end of the original.
    Yes! Yes! This! This is what I've been waiting for! :smiley:
    Bugs what hair color does Tleps have. Is it red or brown? In this dim light it could be both. At least it isn't black.
    Oh my. Mel looks terribly tired in the first breakfast table pic.
    As always, the council. They just aim to increase their power - both a man, any man at Mel's side and of course a very young and influencable king would reduce Mel's power. Oh how much I dislike them for giving her such troubles just because she's a woman. But of course, it is necessary within the boundaries of their period's ethics and beliefs.
    LOL. The first thing coming up to my mind that Alecta might want to tell Mel was "I'm pregnant again" and although she can't know it yet "It's gonna be quadruplets". It would fit this crazy family so well :joy:
    I'm glad Mel decided to remarry. Not that she should be forced to do it, and Aris won't have a long childhood anyway in between the preparations to become king - but as a mother, that was the best decision she could take. I think.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Yes! Yes! This! This is what I've been waiting for! :smiley:
    Bugs what hair color does Tleps have. Is it red or brown? In this dim light it could be both. At least it isn't black.
    Oh my. Mel looks terribly tired in the first breakfast table pic.
    As always, the council. They just aim to increase their power - both a man, any man at Mel's side and of course a very young and influencable king would reduce Mel's power. Oh how much I dislike them for giving her such troubles just because she's a woman. But of course, it is necessary within the boundaries of their period's ethics and beliefs.
    LOL. The first thing coming up to my mind that Alecta might want to tell Mel was "I'm pregnant again" and although she can't know it yet "It's gonna be quadruplets". It would fit this crazy family so well :joy:
    I'm glad Mel decided to remarry. Not that she should be forced to do it, and Aris won't have a long childhood anyway in between the preparations to become king - but as a mother, that was the best decision she could take. I think.
    @MrsRacooney
    If you compare it to Lia's hair, it's exactly the same so I though it was pretty obvious that both him and Alex have red hair.

Melete is very tired because she keeps getting woken up by her son in the middle of the night and when she does sleep, her mind drifts to Xander so sleep isn't restful.

Do you expect any less from the council by this point? They're the greatest plot device but I also hate them. They don't need to really increase their power but having her marry one of their sons definitely helps making her listen easier.

Alecto is not pregnant again. I promise. She had her triplets and they're her last children. I mean, she's 50 now so she just wants to enjoy time with her children and grandchildren. I did say to you she was having quadruplets but the game freaked out at the idea of 4 and it went down to three so I rolled with it. (Honestly, it probably made things easier having 5 newborns in a house over 6.) Neither her or Melete are having any more, although Melete's reasons are not age.

It might surprise you but Aris will have his entire childhood if Melete marries another man and sacrifices that for him. He wouldn't even normally start anything to do with being King until he was 13/14 so he'd get an extra 5 or 6 years of childhood over becoming King at 8 years old (he's 7 currently). :)
    Here's something I'd like to share. (Took me forever but I have 3 chapters done.)
    tumblr_pv7qxkf7VV1xlu9nzo1_540.png