Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The People of the Light Tribe - A Sims 4 Tribe Based Story (Ending | 09/12/2019)

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    But but but but I know! The evil guy. But each time anew, Alexander of Arythion enters my head at first :D It's only natural but I'm working on it!

The first thing that pops into my head is King Alex from Foe ( @simscognito 's story) :lol: I chose it because it was easy to read. Sometimes you need a break from complicated Greek names....
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Baaahaha, yeah I guess :D But unfortunately I don't have the time to start another story :frowning: However, Alex seems to be a very popular name for kings!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Baaahaha, yeah I guess :D But unfortunately I don't have the time to start another story :frowning: However, Alex seems to be a very popular name for kings!

Not in my story....Alex is like 6th in line to the throne because he has a certain amount of older brothers (I've forgotten how many). Three of which I have created. :)
  • Options
    Chapter is done for Sunday! Here's a pic of Alex while you wait...
    tumblr_p3wobaJ2u31wv47k8o1_540.png
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Well... hello handsome! Oh cool. Fun fact, did you know that Alexander the Great may have had red or blondish hair? Hehe, sorry, that pic just reminded me of him. In fact, he actually has similar facial structure to the bust. Okay, I'll stop being a nerd. :D
  • Options

Well... hello handsome! Oh cool. Fun fact, did you know that Alexander the Great may have had red or blondish hair? Hehe, sorry, that pic just reminded me of him. In fact, he actually has similar facial structure to the bust. Okay, I'll stop being a nerd. :D

Glad you find him handsome. We'll see how his conversation goes with our drama queen on Sunday!!
  • Options

Glad you find him handsome. We'll see how his conversation goes with our drama queen on Sunday!!

Hehe... this should be fun. XD
  • Options
    We meet Prince Alexander in....

Chapter Three
    vILsaqjl.png
  • Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have no idea why I thought Alex would be older than Mel.
    It'll be interesting to see how they get out of the marriage. Starting her rule off with a bang, that's for sure!
  • Options
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how they get out of the marriage. Starting her rule off with a bang, that's for sure!

Nah, Alex is about the same age as Mellie. There's a few months between them. Although he is the older one.
    Yep because they need to figure something out. Can't have them marrying, wouldn't be fair on Alex.
  • Options

Nah, Alex is about the same age as Mellie. There's a few months between them. Although he is the older one.
    Yep because they need to figure something out. Can't have them marrying, wouldn't be fair on Alex.

I've already said that on your site, but I'm actually for that they try at least. They can confide in each other and trust is very important for both a marriage and being a ruler. You never know who seeks your death and that way they'd at least know their partner doesn't want to see them dead. Also, it might seem unfair for Alex but I can't see a chance for him to escape marriage. He will be king (or is?) so he needs an heir and since in vitro fertilization wasn't invented back then... :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I've already said that on your site, but I'm actually for that they try at least. They can confide in each other and trust is very important for both a marriage and being a ruler. You never know who seeks your death and that way they'd at least know their partner doesn't want to see them dead. Also, it might seem unfair for Alex but I can't see a chance for him to escape marriage. He will be king (or is?) so he needs an heir and since in vitro fertilization wasn't invented back then... :D

They could try but they're both young, they know what they each want and it doesn't involve a marriage between them. Despite their being no feeling between them, that isn't something taken into consideration when on the topic of marriage. Legally, Alecto can not force Melete to marry Alex. She has no say as Melete is in a higher position to make those decisions. However, Alex's parents can and probably will, they're not as willing to go against the laws than Thycon, who would've figured something out. So, it's going to be hard to get out of it. Melete is the only one who can act on their decision to not get married. It's partly why he told her.

True, Mel wouldn't need to worry about Alex trying to kill her but there is no reason for any husband to kill her. He wouldn't inherit anything and if found out then one of Mel's family members would have him killed. If anything, the role of ruler would go to her sister or her cousin. They're next in line until she has a child. Alex doesn't need to produce offspring. His brother is the one in line for the throne, Alex is the youngest. He mentioned it briefly. But, it's recommend in case he somehow inherits the throne. More of a security thing than anything.

They might find a way but it seems highly unlikely given their culture (which is completely fictional to give me creative freedom). I should make a page on all of this....I'm going to go do that now..

P.S I apologise for the essay! :)
    Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
  • Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member

They could try but they're both young, they know what they each want and it doesn't involve a marriage between them. Despite their being no feeling between them, that isn't something taken into consideration when on the topic of marriage. Legally, Alecto can not force Melete to marry Alex. She has no say as Melete is in a higher position to make those decisions. However, Alex's parents can and probably will, they're not as willing to go against the laws than Thycon, who would've figured something out. So, it's going to be hard to get out of it. Melete is the only one who can act on their decision to not get married. It's partly why he told her.

True, Mel wouldn't need to worry about Alex trying to kill her but there is no reason for any husband to kill her. He wouldn't inherit anything and if found out then one of Mel's family members would have him killed. If anything, the role of ruler would go to her sister or her cousin. They're next in line until she has a child. Alex doesn't need to produce offspring. His brother is the one in line for the throne, Alex is the youngest. He mentioned it briefly. But, it's recommend in case he somehow inherits the throne. More of a security thing than anything.

They might find a way but it seems highly unlikely given their culture (which is completely fictional to give me creative freedom). I should make a page on all of this....I'm going to go do that now..

Does this mean that it's frowned upon to have relations outside of their marriage? I know back then that happened a lot...for the men at least. They could very easily marry, grit their teeth through producing an heir, then have their own secret relations outside of the marriage. Alex won't get his way even if they don't marry since he likes men instead of woman.
  • Options

Does this mean that it's frowned upon to have relations outside of their marriage? I know back then that happened a lot...for the men at least. They could very easily marry, grit their teeth through producing an heir, then have their own secret relations outside of the marriage. Alex won't get his way even if they don't marry since he likes men instead of woman.

In this world it's frowned upon, but in ancient Rome and Greece homosexuality for males wasn't. There were actually rules for what was acceptable and unacceptable gay relationships. Marraige was treated as more of a business relationship, so love in the way we understand it wasn't seen as that important when it came to choosing a partner. Men were also allowed to have other relationships and it wasn't seen as a big deal as such. Women, on the other hand, could face the death penalty if they did.
  • Options

In this world it's frowned upon, but in ancient Rome and Greece homosexuality for males wasn't. There were actually rules for what was acceptable and unacceptable gay relationships. Marraige was treated as more of a business relationship, so love in the way we understand it wasn't seen as that important when it came to choosing a partner. Men were also allowed to have other relationships and it wasn't seen as a big deal as such. Women, on the other hand, could face the death penalty if they did.

I actually created a page on the whole thing. Although I didn't include the stuff on same-sex relationships and other relationships outside marriage. I need to add it.
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 Well I guess Alex is expected to have children to save the throne... Plus the huger the royal family is the less powerful is the opposition... But I meant what @Sarahkay said, they could marry each other because having a friend as partner is still better than anyone else. And after the first child (or first son, depending on how important that is in their culture but at least Melete could become queen as a woman) they can have more or less secret affairs and neither of them would care. :smiley: In the theory.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 Well I guess Alex is expected to have children to save the throne... Plus the huger the royal family is the less powerful is the opposition... But I meant what @Sarahkay said, they could marry each other because having a friend as partner is still better than anyone else. And after the first child (or first son, depending on how important that is in their culture but at least Melete could become queen as a woman) they can have more or less secret affairs and neither of them would care. :smiley: In the theory.

@MrsRacooney It is unlikely that Alex would inherit as it would have to involve his father and all of his brother's dying. However, he is expected to have a child at some point. They can't make him but it is better for his reputation as potential heir if he does. The reason they don't want to marry is the awkwardness of them being friends. I doubt anyone would want to marry a person they see as just a friend. Alex puts on a very convincing act of loving Melete when around his parents but acting doesn't make it real...

Melete does need a son. She only became queen because her father never had another son and she is Thycon's oldest daughter. :) Preferably they want sons and then a daughter. :)

Also, here's the page to explain the whole thing. If I missed anything or you have questions then just ask. :)
  • Options
    I'm currently writing PTLT (it's not update week) and having a lot of fun writing some double meanings so watch out for those coming up... ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Do you enjoy rubbing that under our nose and not updating though? Do you enjoy that?
    Don't bother to answer. I know that you do anyway :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Do you enjoy rubbing that under our nose and not updating though? Do you enjoy that?

It's Alex's fault. He's the one you have to watch for.. :lol: Plus it's not update week yet. :)
  • Options

It's Alex's fault. He's the one you have to watch for.. :lol: Plus it's not update week yet. :)

It's update week now!! Only 3 more days!! :)
  • Options

Yayy! Why is it Alex's fault? Is he secretly bad?
  • Options
    :p You shouldn't be teasing, @Bugsie2016 , I returned home this afternoon from uni seeing this notification and looking forward to a chapter after all that stress... That was cruel :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    :p You shouldn't be teasing, @Bugsie2016 , I returned home this afternoon from uni seeing this notification and looking forward to a chapter after all that stress... That was cruel :D

Aww, I'm sorry...chapter is always Sunday! :)
  • Options

Yayy! Why is it Alex's fault? Is he secretly bad?

Nope. Of course he isn't but he's the one who's doing all the double meaning stuff. :neutral: