Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Leaked!] The Sims 4: Jungle Adventures GP Speculation

Comments

• crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    It's simple logic. If they give us a small beach that's part of a bigger jungle GP, they won't give us a full beach GP later on. Don't you want a full on beach vacation with all the bells and whistles and possibly ocean swimming, diving, mermaids and other plum stuff.? Well, you won't get it if they give us a small beach shoved into a jungle adventure pack.

It is what it is. It can go one way or the other. We'll just have to wait and see. ;)
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I'm hoping this pack will add more items for pools atleast. There may be pools in this new place.

I hope they add curved pools. I don't think they can ever re-implement the big custom pool design pool from TS3, but at least give us curved pools like in TS2:
    hqdefault.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    My theory is that it's a beach vacation Game Pack, but with tombs. And they've chosen to show the tomb exploring in the teaser to cause speculation and mystery surrounding the Pack.
    And my theory is that the icon represents a tiki mask, which would also fit with a Polynesian island/ beach world.
    And don't forget that they had that Polynesian Pack concept for a while now. Back in early UI concepts you see a 'Polynesian Expansion' being teased.
    ui7.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't know why ruins, a jungle and a beach don't fit together?
    I mean Twikkii Island in Bon Voyage had ruins, a jungle AND beaches.

Exactly, I wouldn't doubt for a moment that they combined all of that into a really unique, but awesome vacation destination. :)

Yeah and the tomb exploring aspect is only a part of the Game Pack, not the main focus

Yeah, and Idk why we're all coming to the conclusion that this one snippet is the ENTIRE focus of the pack. :D

Because the icon is a tiki mask maybe? :D Idk, I have a feeling that this Pack isn't all centered around tomb exploring. (Which would be awesome tho, because that has been one of my fav things from TS3)

It isn't a tiki mask because the other stuff in the shot was carved stone not carved wood. It had a Aztec/Mayan/Incan look, not a Hawaiian/ islands look.
    edited January 2018
    I don't know why ruins, a jungle and a beach don't fit together?
    I mean Twikkii Island in Bon Voyage had ruins, a jungle AND beaches.

Exactly, I wouldn't doubt for a moment that they combined all of that into a really unique, but awesome vacation destination. :)

Yeah and the tomb exploring aspect is only a part of the Game Pack, not the main focus

Yeah, and Idk why we're all coming to the conclusion that this one snippet is the ENTIRE focus of the pack. :D

Because the icon is a tiki mask maybe? :D Idk, I have a feeling that this Pack isn't all centered around tomb exploring. (Which would be awesome tho, because that has been one of my fav things from TS3)

It isn't a tiki mask because the other stuff in the shot was carved stone not carved wood. It had a Aztec/Mayan/Incan look, not a Hawaiian/ islands look.

That's a fair point, but in Bon Voyage they also had multiple influences. There were stone Mayan ruins, but the theme was more Tiki-ish. And of course there were beaches
    a256aFi.gif
    And what about the way the sims were dressed? Those clothes have an adventure look about them, not a beach look. If it is a beach, why not sandals and swim trunks and a bathing suit?
    f1899a999d5b3090a80a1aad3c1fe2c4.jpg
    This is a tiki head carved in stone.. But honestly it can be interpreted either way in the teaser.
    And what about the way the sims were dressed? Those clothes have an adventure look about them, not a beach look. If it is a beach, why not sandals and swim trunks and a bathing suit?

Because they showed the tomb exploring part. I bet there will be more clothes than that :D
    a256aFi.gif
    If it's a beach theme and the temple exploring is a surprise, why would they show the surprise and not show the beach that you think everyone wants more? You don't show the surprise first, then it's not a surprise.
    Either way, I'm most likely going to be happy with the pack. Any new vacation worlds are always welcome.
    edited January 2018
    If it's a beach theme and the temple exploring is a surprise, why would they show the surprise and not show the beach that you think everyone wants more? You don't show the surprise first, then it's not a surprise.

Maybe the swimmable beach is the surprise
    a256aFi.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Either way, I'm most likely going to be happy with the pack. Any new vacation worlds are always welcome.

Same here. I could use some variety with vacations. OR is nice, but we only have a few activities to do.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member

Maybe the swimmable beach is the surprise

It's just one GP, the theme is usually very narrow in its content.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Looks underwhelming as usual.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I think TS2 Bon Voyage has a tiki theme going on as well. Maybe they mixed it up with the toumb exploring aspect of WA.
    For the first time I think the teaser doesn’t really hint a lot of the gameplay we will get, or it’s not as obvious. This theme could go in all sorts of way. I think is better to just wait for more information. For sure we will get exploring but I have no idea in the sort of world this will take place. Could be an island or jungle.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    It's simple logic. If they give us a small beach that's part of a bigger jungle GP, they won't give us a full beach GP later on. Don't you want a full on beach vacation with all the bells and whistles and possibly ocean swimming, diving, mermaids and other plum stuff.? Well, you won't get it if they give us a small beach shoved into a jungle adventure pack.

I think your right
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Oh yeah, that's a good point. I'd rather have a dedicated beach pack. Maybe they can just patch in a basic ocean swimming feature sometime before, and then the pack can expand on that with fun stuff like windsurfing, jet skis, sandcastles, and whatnot.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited January 2018
    Well, we're gonna need some kind of "base camp" in this new destination world.

I doubt we'll get campsites, because we already have campsites (and why would we buy Outdoor Retreat if this pack does the same thing?), so I'm banking on hotels instead. Maybe some beachside resorts.

And if the Maxis-gods are really kind, we'll be able to own those hotels like a business, and hopefully set them up in other worlds. I really, really, really want a ritzy high-rise hotel in one of the San Myshuno penthouses, and B&B's in Brindleton Bay.

As for other features, well, tomb-building seems plausible. I mean, it's just a bunch of buy mode objects that our Sims need to navigate past. No reason why we wouldn't get them. Maybe some kind of adventure system, too, where our Sims get sent out on different quests on various community lots in the world.
    wJbomAo.png
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    If we get a beach along with it, we would rather get a reggae and beach or island station, if don't want a beach along with it, there will be no new radio stations! Fair enough?

There's no beach. It's in the jungle. And reggae is better for a beach, so no reggae in this pack.

We don't know this yet as the trailer and livestream hasn't been released.

Nothing in that teaser looks anything like it might be beach related. I obviously looks Mayan/Aztec with the objects seen in the scene and the clothes on the sims. The beach in all in you mind.

Keep in mind the teaser doesn't show everything.

It clearly shows objects that might be found in a South American temple. Those are not located at the beach but deep in the jungle. There's no beach.

Bon Voyage says hi.

Mayan-themed ruins, tropical beaches.
    wJbomAo.png
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited January 2018
    It gives me Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones vibes.
    I think it will be similar to World Adventures' Al Simhara but set in the jungle with instead of Egyptian pyramids, Mayan or Aztecs temples.
    I would like people to stop thinking there was be a beach because they are setting up themselves for an unnecessary disappointment.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

I doubt we'll get campsites, because we already have campsites (and why would we buy Outdoor Retreat if this pack does the same thing?), so I'm banking on hotels instead. Maybe some beachside resorts.

And if the Maxis-gods are really kind, we'll be able to own those hotels like a business, and hopefully set them up in other worlds. I really, really, really want a ritzy high-rise hotel in one of the San Myshuno penthouses, and B&B's in Brindleton Bay.

As for other features, well, tomb-building seems plausible. I mean, it's just a bunch of buy mode objects that our Sims need to navigate past. No reason why we wouldn't get them. Maybe some kind of adventure system, too, where our Sims get sent out on different quests on various community lots in the world.

This is only a game pack. If anything they will reuse the rental lot setup that they’ve been sitting on since OR released in 2015. The GP looks like it’s taken some inspiration from Indiana Jones, and I can tell you he did not stay in hotels. Hotels realistically don’t fit with the adventure theme, but even if they did squeeze them in there is no way they could offer ownership, functionality, and a whole other adventure theme in one game pack. I think you are setting your expectations way too high.
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I hope that this pack has at least 8 lots and communal space.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Tbh, I'm strong pro-no beach for this pack, if only so we can get a later pack/destination that is properly dedicated to it.

Hopefully this will take some hints from the response of the "Danger" pack concept and give us more death types!!
    edited January 2018

This is only a game pack. If anything they will reuse the rental lot setup that they’ve been sitting on since OR released in 2015. The GP looks like it’s taken some inspiration from Indiana Jones, and I can tell you he did not stay in hotels. Hotels realistically don’t fit with the adventure theme, but even if they did squeeze them in there is no way they could offer ownership, functionality, and a whole other adventure theme in one game pack. I think you are setting your expectations way too high.

You're setting your expectations high if you think it'll be an adventure pack, just because there's a skeleton in the teaser.

Realistically, there'll be 5 lots in the world. 4 "base camp" lots, and 1 tomb. It might even be a 3:2 split, if we're really lucky. Having 1 of 5 lots with a couple of tomb objects in it in no way means that the pack has an adventure theme, any more than Outdoor Retreat had a "find the hermit on the hiking trail" theme.

World Adventures took your Sims on a variety of adventures, and that made it worth including that as a gameplay concept. In a GP, there's simply not enough lots.

"Adventures" are going to involve going to the same 1 or 2 lots over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, because GPs don't include large worlds.

As for my suggestion, the only reason I suggested hotels, is because from a marketing POV, there's no reason to have OR-style rental properties. Why would somebody buy OR if this pack does the exact same thing, only with a more interesting world? Hotels can make use of the "run your own business" gameplay that's been used 3 times already. Maxis has proven that they're willing to re-use that system, and it's something that adds a new level of gameplay to the actual act of going on a vacation, that visiting the same rentals you have in Granite Falls, simply doesn't.
    wJbomAo.png

I think you're right. I don't see them adding in a hotel theme on top of a vacation/adventure theme, there's not enough room. It will probably be the same rental system that we have in OR but maybe they'll take the suggestions and allow us to live there too, if we want.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top