Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Leaked!] The Sims 4: Jungle Adventures GP Speculation

Comments

• a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Jerrello wrote: »

Controversial how? You are joking right..

There was a huge stink kicked up by the fanbase at the time, as the gameplay was considered un-Sims like.
    It also wasn't as financially successful as they hoped, which is why future EPs tended to play it safe.

I also seem to remember there was a MASSIVE issue with launch that people had trouble installing the game, getting it to work, etc. If my memory serves correctly, wasn't there some sort of issue with the region codes or something?? Like people couldn't install it because of some error with the region code or something along that line? I just remember that the launch seemed to be plagued with issues - which isn't necessarily unexpected with a first pack but it was a little over the top if I remember correctly. I think it really set people off and caused some negative views of the pack before it even had a chance.

I think the pack looks fun but I can't say too much off the whopping 4 seconds I've seen of it. I think it's very possible that, if it is at all vacation themed like Outdoor Retreat was, that there could be a lot that has a little beach area for fishing or something. I don't think we'll see the type of beach people are hoping for. I don't think there will be swimmable oceans/rivers/whatever. I'm not holding my breath for that period, to be honest, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised one day. As others have said, there were both jungle/ruins and beach elements in Twikkii Island. Who knows. I don't think I've seen enough to convince me there's anything beach related but I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't count it out. All I've really focused on is the skeleton, I'm intrigued by that! And the concept art that was shown earlier excites me - if they're at all related or if they're similar in idea/content, I'm excited. I get a very cool voodoo/ancient ritual type of vibe from that concept art which would be awesome. Tomb exploration would be fun to see back too - I agree that WA was not my fave TS3 pack but the tombs were fun to do once in awhile! I'm excited to hear more info on it :)

Does anyone know if the items in these teasers are shown in order of their expected releases? Both of these say winter 2018...I'm excited for laundry, but more excited for this so I would be ecstatic if this came first. But I'm assuming that they're in order of how they're shown in the teaser.

Our Sims can fish at the beaches now in Brendleton Bay but don't even have beach activities. You can't place anything on the sand.

I know :) I was just saying that I could see us getting a lot that's on a beach like what we already have, I just don't know if I can see them doing anything more with the beaches. But I could be wrong. Guess we'll see as more information drops!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

There was a huge stink kicked up by the fanbase at the time, as the gameplay was considered un-Sims like.
    It also wasn't as financially successful as they hoped, which is why future EPs tended to play it safe.

I also seem to remember there was a MASSIVE issue with launch that people had trouble installing the game, getting it to work, etc. If my memory serves correctly, wasn't there some sort of issue with the region codes or something?? Like people couldn't install it because of some error with the region code or something along that line? I just remember that the launch seemed to be plagued with issues - which isn't necessarily unexpected with a first pack but it was a little over the top if I remember correctly. I think it really set people off and caused some negative views of the pack before it even had a chance.

I think the pack looks fun but I can't say too much off the whopping 4 seconds I've seen of it. I think it's very possible that, if it is at all vacation themed like Outdoor Retreat was, that there could be a lot that has a little beach area for fishing or something. I don't think we'll see the type of beach people are hoping for. I don't think there will be swimmable oceans/rivers/whatever. I'm not holding my breath for that period, to be honest, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised one day. As others have said, there were both jungle/ruins and beach elements in Twikkii Island. Who knows. I don't think I've seen enough to convince me there's anything beach related but I wouldn't be surprised and I wouldn't count it out. All I've really focused on is the skeleton, I'm intrigued by that! And the concept art that was shown earlier excites me - if they're at all related or if they're similar in idea/content, I'm excited. I get a very cool voodoo/ancient ritual type of vibe from that concept art which would be awesome. Tomb exploration would be fun to see back too - I agree that WA was not my fave TS3 pack but the tombs were fun to do once in awhile! I'm excited to hear more info on it :)

Does anyone know if the items in these teasers are shown in order of their expected releases? Both of these say winter 2018...I'm excited for laundry, but more excited for this so I would be ecstatic if this came first. But I'm assuming that they're in order of how they're shown in the teaser.

Our Sims can fish at the beaches now in Brendleton Bay but don't even have beach activities. You can't place anything on the sand.

You can place a tent, chairs, cooler or anything else that is in your sims inventory anywhere in any world can't you?

No, not in Sims 4. We can't place stuff in the public areas. They even blocked the cheat because it was creating issues with the game. You can place stuff on just the lot your sim uses. Like if your sim can rent a lot - then they can place stuff in their inventory on it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

You can place a tent, chairs, cooler or anything else that is in your sims inventory anywhere in any world can't you?

No, not in Sims 4. We can't place stuff in the public areas. They even blocked the cheat because it was creating issues with the game. You can place stuff on just the lot your sim uses. Like if your sim can rent a lot - then they can place stuff in their inventory on it.

Umm actually you can, if you click an object in the inventory theres an option to place it in world, and that works anywhere.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Umm actually you can, if you click an object in the inventory theres an option to place it in world, and that works anywhere.

See, I thought you could. I haven't tried it in a while, but if you take everything with you, you could camp out on the beach in BB or WB island.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think people's hopes are over the roof and I think that a lot of you will not be happy. This is The Sims 4, guys... the packs are not as broad as they used to be in previous iterations. Especially that it's a GAME PACK, not EP which means it would focus on some specific features, like adventures in jungle and aztec ruins with some funky NPC and hidden lot. It's not World Adventures, with various destinations. It's not a pack covering travelling in general. It's probably gonna be just one new vacation destination, similar to OR, but tropically themed. They might add for example sleeping bags and world would provide some camping lots and areas for sims to explore, probably with new collectibles. I really hope for some new gameplay features, OR feels empty and boring to me.
    And that's how I imagine this back based on my experiences with this game. I'm not a happy bunny.

I am ecstatic because it IS a gamepack. I mean look what they did for Vampires - so yes very excited myself.
    Same expansion packs have been far from focused this iteration. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    > @ChadSims2 said:
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > FreezerBunnyCowplant wrote: »
    >
    > Sigzy05 wrote: »
    >
    > 12JEREMIA wrote: »
    >
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > 12JEREMIA wrote: »
    >
    > If we get a beach along with it, we would rather get a reggae and beach or island station, if don't want a beach along with it, there will be no new radio stations! Fair enough?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's no beach. It's in the jungle. And reggae is better for a beach, so no reggae in this pack.
    >
    >
    >
    > @catloverplayer Cat help!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It looks to be in the jungle according to the vegetation in the trailer.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > To me it looks like it's inside a tomb and the vegetation is just some wall plants.
    > It could still be a beach/ vacation world and the tombs are underground/ in the basement.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Then why is the pack symbol an Aztec mask and not a sun over the ocean? Because it's not on a beach, it's in the jungle.
    >
    > If people are disappointed that it might be a jungle vacation and not a beach vacation, then there's only one person to blame for your disappointment: Catloverplayer. She pushed the idea of a beach pack from the start and everyone believed her because they wanted one too.
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree everyone wanted a beach vacation, World Adventures always ranked low in polls of packs we wanted to see return. This is a pack no one (hardly anyone) wanted to see the majority wanted a swimmable beach its been talked about a lot recently with not a single mention of any features we have seen in World Adventures.

Well the thing is, I've read that swimmable beaches/oceans are too hard to do right now since one of the gurus mentioned it would need a water overhaul and that would not be something they'd add into a GP I think. IF they ever make oceans and such swimabble I think it would be more likely to be into an EP but then I think the only ocean that would be made swimabble would be the one with a new world, instead of redoing all the current worlds that would have swimming potential (like Brindleton Bay)
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
    > @icmnfrsh said:
    > I'm wondering about that skeleton myself. Is it a new occult? New NPC? How does it tie into the theme?
    >
    > Will we be finally able to sacrifice our sims to sate the fickle volcano gods? Time will tell

I think it's a temp curse^^
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

A random person who tweeted something and then cat put it here for some reason.
    Because it referred to a comment GuruGraham once made. Don’t remember if it was on Twitter or in a comment here, but he did say it was unlikely there would ever be something like WA again because that pack had been received with very mixed feelings. That was then though, I think there has been a lot of advocating WA since then. As far as I know the main criticism was “it’s not a vacation pack” (yeah, well, it wasn’t meant to be, adventure was the focus and we got IP later) and “it’s too RPG” (but since that even more so goes for Sims 4, that can hardly be an argument to not do it).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2018
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    NikNak wrote: »
    If we do get explorable tombs, I get this feeling that the way they're going to try and sell it is by using the community.

I can hear the condescending voice-over woman now:

"..AND WITH THE GALLERY, YOU'LL NEVER RUN OUT OF TOMBS TO EXPLORE! WITH YOUR CREATIVITY YOU CAN CREATE YOUR VERY OWN AMAZING TOMBS TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD! *insert corny joke about skeletons here*"

I actually could see a great benefit from the gallery here.
    WA for me lost replay-ability because my brain memorized the puzzles on the first run through.
    And you can't exactly be surprised by your own puzzles.

Still loved WA and would be thrilled to see something similar.
    I’m so glad I have a failing memory :D I do remember some bits, but that doesn’t prevent me from enjoying them over and over again. Also because there are so many. I truely hope creating your own tomb will be an option by the way. I fear that’s not a given, considering we’re talking about Sims 4 here. Creating a tomb in Sims 3 is great great fun.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    What do you think will be included in the new Vacation / Adventure Game Pack that got teased?

The teaser seems to suggest
    • Tomb exploring
    • Creepy skeleton guy
    • "Tropical" Mayan / Tiki setting. :)

Do you think there will finally be lounge chairs? And swimable oceans? Or will the vacation spot be set in a deep jungle?

To me, it says jungle.

Me too, I think ruins in the jungle

220px-10.jpggp0610.png
    6snc3fg1ssa7.jpg

I was thinking more Aztec but that’s just me.
    The icon for the GP looks very "Legends of the Hidden Temple".

Very temple Run and reminds me of that new Jumanji movie.

If it is an adventure pack like Jumanji, does that mean I can create the Rock in CAS and send him to do the adventure? ;)

I would not oppose to that at all :lol:
    1FKDfKj.png
    Also I think it would be kinda cool if you could skill yourself up in thomb searching like the vampire skills work. It will probably not be done like that at all but the thought crossed my mind and it would kinda make sense for sims to become more nifty/skilled in thomb searching/exploring is the whole thomb exploring will actually be a thing (which I hop it will)

And to me the couple of seconds about it in the teaser look like they could be inside and the floors and walls are just erased but idk for sure ofc. I'm really curious when we'll be getting more info^^
    My sims 4 wishlist:
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I just realized that game packs are only officially announced a few weeks before release. The teaser says Winter 2018, so it might be February at the latest before we hear anything.

Looks like we'll be speculating for quite a while, people :p
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Hell0_humansHell0_humans Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > That art work of the voodoo shop is very old. It isn't a part of this upcoming adventure pack.

That’s what I thought. It looks like New Orleans. I know they have a super natural tour.
  • Hell0_humansHell0_humans Posts: 7 New Member
    > @KatyJay88 said:
    > Anyone else notice the different reactions the two sims had to the skeleton? The woman laughs, but the man cowers! Interesting.. wonder if that's a trait.. *GASP*
    >
    > guys...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > could they introduce the FEAR EMOTION?!?!!

Or maybe the fearful trait.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

No.
    I hope they sneek a few new romantic interactions into the pack. Let's see a romantic snuggle under the stars would go good with this pack.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I hope they sneek a few new romantic interactions into the pack. Let's see a romantic snuggle under the stars would go good with this pack.

The TS4 stargize version interaction already came with OR (though lazily done i hoped for cuddling)
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    If this pack is tomb exploration then I don't mind but I hope they're not repetitive like TS3 WA it should be random and unexpected
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    If we do get explorable tombs, I get this feeling that the way they're going to try and sell it is by using the community.

"..AND WITH THE GALLERY, YOU'LL NEVER RUN OUT OF TOMBS TO EXPLORE! WITH YOUR CREATIVITY YOU CAN CREATE YOUR VERY OWN AMAZING TOMBS TO SHARE WITH THE WORLD! *insert corny joke about skeletons here*"

WA for me lost replay-ability because my brain memorized the puzzles on the first run through.

The problem is that the peer-to-peer feature packs always always ALWAYS bomb. The gallery is different because it's just there if you want to browse. Requiring the gallery to complete a pack is a different thing entirely, and it's exactly why packs like Showtime are hated.

Let's assume for a second that akin to Outdoor Retreat, this pack has an aspiration that more or less outlines all of the content of the pack and demands you explore it. Tell me honestly: if you're planning a vacation for your Sim, do you want to thumb through the gallery to find 5+ usermade dungeons to download and try out, and repeat that step each and every time you have a sim revisit the location, all just for a brief, temporary vacation and the completion of an aspiration...?

An issue is that the dungeon is already previewed before you download, thus you've seen it and know what to do before you've even begun. On top of that, eventually you don't have that same passion for wanting to make it new and exciting and you just want a quick vacation, so you stop bothering with downloading new ones each time. After all, your focus is the end goal or the vacation itself, not dedicating 30 minutes each time to strictly thumbing through the gallery just to find doable dungeons.

Some users play in offline mode because it gives better performance. Will this be a nuisance for them to have to log in every time they want to refresh their dungeons? Forced online gameplay is another matter too, if it went that far. I doubt it does though unless they've been drinking or something, since EA itself has been harmed by the backlash against forced online gameplay. (RIP SimCity)

Overall, making it a selling point that you can download other people's dungeon designs...? That just sounds like reliance on the community to complete the pack that you didn't complete. Yes, once or twice it'd be nice to mix things up and experience new dungeons, but the desire to download new ones would drop off pretty quick, I imagine.

That's also why I said I'd expect that if anything, they have an automated dungeon randomizer. That way the job is quick and automatic, doesn't have spoilers, and doesn't demand community interaction that many players loathe....but for all we know it's just five lots with five dungeons.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

This would actually be amazing.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

The problem is that the peer-to-peer feature packs always always ALWAYS bomb. The gallery is different because it's just there if you want to browse. Requiring the gallery to complete a pack is a different thing entirely, and it's exactly why packs like Showtime are hated.

Let's assume for a second that akin to Outdoor Retreat, this pack has an aspiration that more or less outlines all of the content of the pack and demands you explore it. Tell me honestly: if you're planning a vacation for your Sim, do you want to thumb through the gallery to find 5+ usermade dungeons to download and try out, and repeat that step each and every time you have a sim revisit the location, all just for a brief, temporary vacation and the completion of an aspiration...?

That's also why I said I'd expect that if anything, they have an automated dungeon randomizer. That way the job is quick and automatic, doesn't have spoilers, and doesn't demand community interaction that many players loathe....but for all we know it's just five lots with five dungeons.

Oh I'd certainly hope for more than 5 lots. I would think that a pack focused around a new world and exploring that world would put the majority of the budget into creating the world, and pack it with as many lots, tombs, and ruins, as they can.
    I can picture there being maybe 10 or more ruins to explore on top of a basecamp lot. I don't know about you but 10 tombs would be enough to keep me busy for a long time, and if I can download a new tomb from the gallery from time to time (not 5+ at a time like you suggested) then that's fine too!
    edited January 2018
    graventhe wrote: »

The TS4 stargize version interaction already came with OR (though lazily done i hoped for cuddling)

Its just friendly though. Modders have done a romantic version.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2018

Not in my game there is not. I can only place things in my inventory on lots my sim buys or rents - period. Before there was a cheat to make the Sims head the object you wanted to place in public areas - but one of the recent patches got rid of the cheat because it created game problems as the game is design to not allow us to place anything in the public areas. So I cannot see how you are doing it. I own all the packs made to date and stay fully up to date. I do not use CC or mods.

In BB my sim bought the only house on the beach lot and she cannot add anything to the beach past her lot line.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

Oh I'd certainly hope for more than 5 lots. I would think that a pack focused around a new world and exploring that world would put the majority of the budget into creating the world, and pack it with as many lots, tombs, and ruins, as they can.
    I can picture there being maybe 10 or more ruins to explore on top of a basecamp lot. I don't know about you but 10 tombs would be enough to keep me busy for a long time, and if I can download a new tomb from the gallery from time to time (not 5+ at a time like you suggested) then that's fine too!

Given that both Outdoor Retreat and City Living were location-orientated packs and neither of them saw a spike in lot count, I find your belief that there'll be 10 lots in this one to be absolutely ridiculous.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"

Given that both Outdoor Retreat and City Living were location-orientated packs and neither of them saw a spike in lot count, I find your belief that there'll be 10 lots in this one to be absolutely ridiculous.

Hope its the size of Granite Falls atleast.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top