Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So it's an adventure pac?

PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
Post edited by PHOEBESMOM601 on

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    That's what I thought but what do skeletons have to do with laundry?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I guess it is a vacation in Africa
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member

They don't have to do it very much. :pensive:

There are two items teased - the laundry day stuff pack, and a separate game pack.
    edited January 2018
    Did some digging, it's not the laundry pack @LiaRose1435 That has a laundry basket icon. This one has a mask icon.

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    The last part looks like adventure, similar to Sims3 world adventures. The arch ways look similar to dessert tombs, Egypt or Sahara dessert.
  • BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member

it's showing two packs. A SP and a GP. The beginning is Laundry, the end is an adventure pack.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited January 2018
    Honestly, I doubt adventures are the focus of the pack.

GPs have 5-6 lots, max. That means there's 3 "base camp" lots and 2 tombs, or a 3:3 ratio if we're being generous.

Adventuring is going to get boring fast, with only 1-2 tombs to explore.

It's far more likely that the focus is on tropical vacations (hotels or resorts, something a little more luxurious than roughing it in a cabin), but there might be a pyramid as well, and if you play your cards right, you'll find the mummy's tomb. Think Outdoor Retreat and how exploring the national park leads you to the hermit's hut.

It won't be the focus, but it'll be a fun side activity that you can do.
    wJbomAo.png
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I agree with @kwanzaabot on the pyramid exploration part. With a maximum of 2 basement levels and 4 about ground levels, EA could (in theory) put out a decent Egyptian pyramid. If not a pyramid, then a tomb of some kind, anyway...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    So far I am not impressed don't think I will be spending my money on this crap no game play here. I can't get excited about doing laundry the other not enough info.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    So far I am not impressed don't think I will be spending my money on this plum no game play here. I can't get excited about doing laundry the other not enough info.

They don't show gameplay in the quarterly teasers, whether it's for SPs (laundry) or GPs (the second pack shown).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

GPs have 5-6 lots, max. That means there's 3 "base camp" lots and 2 tombs, or a 3:3 ratio if we're being generous.

It's far more likely that the focus is on tropical vacations (hotels or resorts, something a little more luxurious than roughing it in a cabin), but there might be a pyramid as well, and if you play your cards right, you'll find the mummy's tomb. Think Outdoor Retreat and how exploring the national park leads you to the hermit's hut.

If it's not adventures then that teaser is set up to deceive.
    Ancient architecture, a skeleton in an Indiana Jones hat...
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    So far I am not impressed don't think I will be spending my money on this plum no game play here. I can't get excited about doing laundry the other not enough info.

How can you possibly know this based on a few microseconds of a teaser?
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

If it's not adventures then that teaser is set up to deceive.
    Ancient architecture, a skeleton in an Indiana Jones hat...

well even if its is deceiving people i actually feel like people are still going to be excited about it. and do not get me started on how most of the lets players will be. i know for the most part they may mention how the trailer was deceiving maybe as a footnote(saying they understand that some people may feel upset about being "deceived") but then mention how what we got is super mega awesome and everyone should give it a chance and blah blah blah and all in a really high pitched flirty excited voice that sounds like someone who just saw the best thing ever. and the average player will just say well if you do not like it do not buy it and if you bought it well you should have waited for reviews/you do not have to play with the content