Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The (Extra)Ordinary Tessa - S1~Ch18 5/14/18

Comments

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Irishsong wrote: »
    The other guys wanted to admire the stars, and Evan and Morris discovered what good friends they could be. They were inseparable for the whole evening.

VYu0js4.gif
    Who won? Find out next time!

Was it Evan? :#
    Sigh
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Poor Lucas! Definitely my sim baby, I would be embarrassed too!! I'm doubting Lucas again with the fact he is not going to get this date. I doubt he spends that much time doing Yoga... :lol: Sorry Luc!!
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    It's fun to stay at the YMCA~
    :joy:
    Even if Raul probably didn't win the date, at least he's having fun <3
    The other guys wanted to admire the stars, and Evan and Morris discovered what good friends they could be. They were inseparable for the whole evening.

VYu0js4.gif

I ship it :joy:
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Morris is so darn cute. I know...I made him. I get we all love our sims, but man, he's such a geek and so different. Even if he doesn't get her, I'm going to use him in future stuff of mine.

And there are so many handsome guys. I love it! She has the top choices. I just hope one really matches her. She deserves it.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Morris is so darn cute. I know...I made him. I get we all love our sims, but man, he's such a geek and so different. Even if he doesn't get her, I'm going to use him in future stuff of mine.

*cough* #simsoccermoms
    jzZP0sJ.png

*cough* #simsoccermoms

I feel dumb for asking this, but what does that mean?
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    edited February 2018
    Cement wrote: »

VYu0js4.gif

Forget Tessa, let's get all the guys together! :joy: Then everybody wins!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

*cough* #simsoccermoms

I feel dumb for asking this, but what does that mean?

So when @Kamio started her first Selection Challenge, i submitted a sim (who won!). Everyone was rooting for their girl to win, but being poliet and gently encouraging everyone else. I invented #simsoccermom because 'soccer moms' have a stereo type of being aggressively passionate towards their own children in sports while still being open enough to congratulate other children.
    jzZP0sJ.png

VYu0js4.gif

YASSS
    let's not forget the blessed Raul x Kolby ship ;)
    don't fight it, Kolby
    let Raul melt your cheesy exterior with that latin heat

I'm sorry

VYu0js4.gif

YASSS
    don't fight it, Kolby

I'm sorry

We could set Luc and Raul up!! :joy: As long as Raul isn't turned off by Luc's straight up nature. :lol:
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member

Just slipping in to say I ship it. Sorry Kolby.

VYu0js4.gif

YASSS
    don't fight it, Kolby

I'm sorry

Still a better love story than Twilight.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

VYu0js4.gif

YASSS
    don't fight it, Kolby

I'm sorry

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Raul and Morris's hat is a better love story than twilight. :lol:
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member

VYu0js4.gif

YASSS
    don't fight it, Kolby

I'm sorry

@Cement - oh that's funny. I was laughing out loud in rl. "melt your cheesy exterior with Latin heat" funny line.
    Oh....look at Quentin...he is so good at yoga, he surprised even me. And he's so nice to let Parker use his bed while he star gazed on the cold, hard ground.
    You guys crack me up so hard.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    tScb5E0.png

Chapter 8
    Where to Start
    Mina practically dragged parker over to Tessa’s house. He was smiling like he just won a hundred dollars. In a way, he had. He had won the date by a hair, and it was only a technicality, but he won nonetheless. Mina just glowered.

QfjnJMJ.png

Tessa was waiting at the door, Cupcake amusing her while she waited.

1T6b8H5.png

“Yeah, Cupcake, I think I look good too, but it wouldn’t be my first choice to wear. I can’t bend over, I’ll be giving him a free show he didn’t pay for.”

“Here’s your date. The camera crew will be following your every move. Tessa, do you want to know where you’re going?” Mina listed.

“Uh, should I?” questioned Tessa hesitantly.

“It really doesn’t matter. Alrighty, let’s get going!” A car came by the front of the house and the door opened to accommodate Tessa and Parker.

“So,” started Tessa, trying to break the silence that had settled. “Where are we going?”

“Have you ever- have you ever sung in public before?” Asked Parker. He hoped that the venue for their date wouldn’t make Tessa uncomfortable, and he was doubting his choice.

Parker noticed that she raised her eyebrows as she was looking out the window at the passing scenery. “Can’t say I have, but my family was a very musical one. My dad sang and played guitar, my mom is very good at the violin, and I just sing for fun.” she smiled a little smile.

“That’s good to know.” his relief was visible on his face and in his body language.

As they drove over the bridge into the spice district of San Myshuno, Tessa couldn’t not look at the view. “I was actually born here, in San Myshuno. It’s a long and kinda tragic story, but my mom and dad had a rough patch when I was conceived. My dad thought that he had failed my mom and that she was having the child of another man, but years later she found my dad and talked some sense into him. That and my red hair could have only come from him!” she said with a giggle.

“That’s an interesting story.” Parker answered. Maybe Tessa was more of a normal person than he had thought, and maybe he could tell her about his family and she would understand and empathise.

nwnqv6w.png

The car pulled up in front of a building right off the dock. It had large music notes as a banner, and Tessa could only guess what was in store when they got inside.

“Welcome to the karaoke bar!” Parker presented.

“If you expect me to sing in public, you better get me a drink first.”

“Yes, my lady,” he cooed as they entered. “Go find a seat, and I’ll be over as soon as I can.”

Tessa sat at a table near the wall. She never liked to draw attention to herself, so she tended to be a bit of a wallflower.

That’s when she noticed her dad coming closer.

“Tessa! Why are you here in the middle of the day? Aren’t you supposed to be surrounded by dashing young men?” he laughed. Tessa tensed up.

“Hey dad, I’m here with someone, could you maybe-”

“I would recognise that hair anywhere. You must be Mr. Ruff-Stone, Tessa’s father!” Parker said as he sat down with their drinks.

6YxqTwi.png

“Indeed I am, and from what I’ve been following, you’re Parker, right? Oh, I know I shouldn’t pry, but your mother would hound me if I didn’t. I’ll let her know I saw you, Tessa. Have a nice date. With a boy, ooo.” he said as he dodged a swat from his daughter.

“Yep, that’s my goofy dad. He and Quentin would get along famously, I’m sure.”

“He does seem like the life of the party. I wonder what he was doing here.”

“My dad likes to sing and pull out his old guitar every once in a while. Who knows, maybe he was doing a gig or something. I’m happy he’s gone though so I don’t feel like he’s watching.”

They drank their drinks with pleasant chit chat. Parker stood up and Tessa did the same. The chairs were cheap so it felt good to get off of them. They found a quiet corner to talk in.
    iJBYqzi.png

Parker looked out over the sparse crowd. “I would come here to get away from everything. I had a rough childhood, my dad disappeared and my mom was sick all the time. My brother and I grew up on the other side of town, in the bad part. I’ll admit it, it isn’t Emerald City. I-” Parker wondered how far into his story he should go. He didn’t want to make the evening about him, but Tessa had the look of someone who could carry your baggage and not treat you differently. “He and I joined a gang. At first I told him not to get involved in it, but he wouldn’t listen. He wanted to be with me all the time. I wish I had been with him when that same gang was the reason he died. The rival gang caught him stealing from their terf… Wow, that got deep quickly.”

IX1PlF4.png

Tessa blinked away wide eyes and moved into comfort mode. “We all have pasts. I was an illegitimate child. I was at my parent’s wedding because they weren’t married before I was born. I know that’s not exactly shocking, but the reason behind it is still not a good thing. You, know what, come here.”

She pulled him in for a hug, and together they felt their grief lessen.

XqS4W9F.png

“Right, now, how about some singing? Does the soul good?”

“Show me the way. I’ve never been to a karaoke bar.”

They headed down some stairs to where tiny rooms held karaoke machines for private singing sessions. The doors, however, had no locks.

Parker went around the side of the machine and flipped though some sheets of paper, plunking quarters into the slot to make it go. “Ok, I hope you’ve heard this one before, come here quickly before the song starts.” he urged.

Tessa walked toward the machine like it could bite her, looking at Parker for instruction. The song was a common one that she liked, and she was happy that he had chosen it instead of an obscure song from two decades ago.

The music started and Tessa gave Parker a hesitant look, but he seemed confident in what he was doing.

6Azm3Kq.png

Parker liked to dance to the music, it seemed, so Tessa felt she should dance to, keeping a eye on Parker for a lead. He seemed really into it.

D3X6HLx.png

The bridge of the song came around, and Tessa looked into his eyes, and he into hers, and he put up his hand, and Tessa touched it with hers, palm against each other.

WDrr90O.png

With a turn of events, his fingers laced with hers, and they sang together in unison.

yP6sI0Z.png

The song ended, and Tessa was breathless. She sat down on the loveseat, and Parker joined her.

aVeX3Af.png

“Where has karaoke been my whole life? It’s thrilling!” she puffed.

“It’s been right here, waiting for you. As I will be.” he said, as he kissed her hand. “Only and angel could sing like that.”

olp5YU1.png

“If an angel was being strangled.” laughed.

4VRcbHT.png

reKPvm8.png

“Not at all.” he said as he smiled an brought her close. They hugged, and as they did so, Uncle Adirel got on the karaoke machine. If only those doors had locks.

Parker and Tessa pulled away, and then headed up the stairs. Outside, Tessa and Parker looked up at the stars, strong in their nighttime glory.

“The stars never change, but they are never the same either.”

lLcot6e.png

Next chapter I hope to have an elimination round. Cross your fingers, and what sort of drama will we see this time?
    jzZP0sJ.png
    @Irishsong - great chapter. Glad that Parker got to go on a solo date with Tessa. The date looked like it went well indeed.
    Awes! That was a great date! Part of me almost doesn’t care about Devery anymore, though she has a good story, too. Parker and Tessa seem to have really connected. I really like the two together.
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    @Irishsong Amazing chapter!! I can't believe Parker won the challenge! The date was so cute and sweet, and I feel like they really bonded together, those screenshots of them singing were adorable. I'm so proud of him haha. Go Parker! <3
    Aww, this was sweet!! Go Parker! (Still not supporting poor Luc...'cause I just secretly have a backup plan for him!! :joy: )
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Cute!!!
    Aw, grats for Parker! Looks like he and Tessa hit it off!
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Aww, this was sweet!! Go Parker! (Still not supporting poor Luc...'cause I just secretly have a backup plan for him!! :joy: )

That he ends up with Raul? :kissing_heart::joy: jkjk
    Aw, grats for Parker! Looks like he and Tessa hit it off!
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

That he ends up with Raul? :kissing_heart::joy: jkjk

Nah...although that can be a second back up plan if I don't think he'll fit my apocalypse heir. :joy:
  • LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Ahh that was a great chapter and date! Even though it wasn't Camden :wink: Maybe Tessa is a little bit closer to The One now...