March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• frenchpoodle777frenchpoodle777 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited August 2009
    nothing...exept that my graphics **** but im getting a new computer for it soon! :) and also i wish our sims could like shop at the boutiques! and i wish maybe we can go inside every shop...and we all know that the sims 3 world adventures is coming out and i REALLY hope they like announce in 5days that there putting weather in it or making a pack on the same day...beacuse whats a vacation without some kinda weather:))). I still love and play the game though :))))
  • DonnaWoodsDonnaWoods Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I miss just about everything the Sims 2 had. This game is so boring. You can't follow them into stores, it takes too long to build, and the clothes are boring as well. I am going to shelve it and let it collect dust and go back to Sims 2. What a waste of money. :(

While I realize that it takes a while to release the expansion packs, I was hoping that the Sims 3 would be everything the Sims2 were and more! For instance, no weather, no pets, no access to stores to shop, etc. It's very boring as it stands right now.
    edited August 2009
    I left a mum and her teenage son for a couple of days while I played with another family. When I came back, they were all fat and there was a baby on the floor. I looked at the mums relationships and there was no guy in there that she could possibly have a baby with. Sorta annoyed me. And the fact that they got fat...

Exactly - I don't like this feature one bit.
  • AngieleQAngieleQ Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The fact that there is no real afro hair in the game. There are only little dreads and long braids. I would like to see an big and small afro, afro-puff, curly-fro, fro-hawks etc. I'm already happy with just one of those styles.

So please, more variety in (afro) hairstyles for woman and man.
  • shaylan221shaylan221 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I happen to like this feature in the game considering that I only play the sims that I like. The other ones can age up, marry who ever turn g.a.y. and then have kids of their own. I won't care. The message always comes up when someones about to die unless its of a tragic death. So I happen to like it. Everyones entitled to their own opionon.

On the other hand. I HATE that it takes awhile for the sims to eat and do instant things like using the toilet. I hate that my sim breaks the toilet every 2 days. I hate that sims dont drive their cars into their driveways, I hate their isnt a wedding chapel either. If you know of one let me know!
  • joelliotjoelliot Posts: 57 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I hate the rabbit holes.
  • CherryMaryBerryCherryMaryBerry Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have several things that bother me but if I had to pick ONE thing it would be the carpool still comes even when you have a car. It's so annoying!!
  • mofursmofurs Posts: 87 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The one thing that bugs me is how socials are just spammed to build relationships. You want a new best friend spam friendly socials bang you got a new best friend. You want a new boyfriend or girlfriend spam romantic socials and bam he or she is yours. I think in some ways its the novelty of not knowing how a Sim would react to certain social interactions and building up relationship over time that I miss since moving on to Sims 3. Now for me at least the Sims 3 seem to be moving more towards a knuckle dragging, button mashing fest. Don't get me wrong I like many aspects of the Sims 3 too, I just feel that social interactions in this game leaves something to be desired that had been achieved in prior Sims games.
    edited August 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    We can't make our own custom neighborhood. :cry:

I enjoyed making my own neighborhoods in the previous sims. It would be great to be able to do that on Sims3.

I would spend hours making neighborhoods with wooded areas surrounding parks, farm land, etc. I don't like the fact that if you move a house it's hard to find another lot for it to fit on!
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited August 2009
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited August 2009
    I love the game especially since you can go next door and walk around in the neighborhood. I was for certain that they would've already had weather in the base game sense they had the boring ol wind effect soemthing you can't really notice for people like me who have low graphic cards lol. I hope in this expansion pack there would be some weather..........those were our main focuses when were playing the game was open neighborhood and weather but I guess that won't be coming till 3 more expansion packs later lol
  • DaynaJaydeDaynaJayde Posts: 247 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe this thread is still going.
  • ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sims choking when eating....that's what bothers me.
  • skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Catasyne wrote:
    i really miss going into restaurants and stores with my sims and all the interactions they had at night clubs, bars, coffee shops etc. The fact that they just disapear into a building now really takes a lot out of the game :(

I agree ...

I thought that, perhaps when I owned the company, THEN I would get to see the inside of the building,
    and redecorate the inside, and so on ... but ... not ... at least I haven't seen the ability to do that ...

... am I wrong?

I also still want to get inside the science dome glass thing ... I have a wonder as to what it is for ...

I have several different games, each centered around one household, as I seem to think this is the
    way Sims 3 is meant to be played (which is a lot different than the previous Sims) ... and this is
    kinda weird to me, that you can't switch households without losing your inventory ...

there are a lot of things I like though

but I just wonder right now if ... I have run out of finding anything new with Sims 3

I found a protest going on at City Hall so I joined that and that was kinda cute and funny and new
    to me

:)

but I wonder if ... when I get to the end ... when I achieve my lifetime wish ... is that all there is ...

... seems so ...

I'm wondering if I'm playing the game wrong,

I wanted to perhaps join all the families into one city but I'm worried that is not supposed to be
    played like that because it takes too much memory to do that?

edited August 2009
    DonnaWoods wrote:
    I can't delete the default families I don't like. It's annoying, I don't want them.

I agree - i don't want all those families cluttering up my files.

Why don't you just bulldoze their house and evict them? then they'd be out of your town

edited August 2009
    Can I name a few things please.

1.The maids eat my food, use my computer, and then they leave my home uncleaned and still get 125.
    2.When one sim cooks for the entire family, they don't place a dish down for everyone else, so everyone else has to get their own and by the time they get to the table, the first sim is done and now they can't have a nice family time dinner.

Agree with #1 about the maids! I don't even try hiring a maid any more, do you? I always make
    "neat" as one of my favorite characteristics of my sim, that way they can clean house and I don't have
    to find and click on everything to be cleaned ...

Maids are simply a pain. I don't see the object of them in the game at all.

Agree with you about #2 ... about family dinners! There is no socialization at the table any more ...

• ShadowShadow Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Can I name a few things please.

1.The maids eat my food, use my computer, and then they leave my home uncleaned and still get 125.
    2.When one sim cooks for the entire family, they don't place a dish down for everyone else, so everyone else has to get their own and by the time they get to the table, the first sim is done and now they can't have a nice family time dinner.

Agree with #1 about the maids! I don't even try hiring a maid any more, do you? I always make
    "neat" as one of my favorite characteristics of my sim, that way they can clean house and I don't have
    to find and click on everything to be cleaned ...

Maids are simply a pain. I don't see the object of them in the game at all.

Agree with you about #2 ... about family dinners! There is no socialization at the table any more ...

Agreed! With everything.
  • Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Another thing I find wrong in the game is that if a relative from another house dies it has no effect on your sim's mood.

Example: My sim had parents and lived with them for long and at one point my sim moved out. Once his parents died at the elder age, it had absolutely no effect on my sim's feelings.
  • LEvans102071LEvans102071 Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2009
    NassT wrote:
    Neighborhood editing tool. We want one. Please. Pretty please.

Wasn't this promised for after release? Has there been any word on the status of that "promise?"

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • manderinemanderine Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i hate how unlike sims2, your sims keep on going when you switch households.
  • ThinkGeminiThinkGemini Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I wish I could rearrange my sims to do list! I change my mind all day long, why can't my sims? I wish I could just drag and drop to rearrange what my sim will do next instead of canceling everything and then adding more!
  • TimBitTimBit Posts: 281 Member
    edited August 2009
    I wish I could rearrange my sims to do list! I change my mind all day long, why can't my sims? I wish I could just drag and drop to rearrange what my sim will do next instead of canceling everything and then adding more!

Wasn't it always this way though?
  • cool21games211cool21games211 Posts: 557 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No neighborhood customization
  • LadyHempLadyHemp Posts: 36 New Member
    edited August 2009
    When walking or jogging down the road if my sim gets caught behind a slow sim they can't go around them. They run and stop, run and stop. MOVE!! Get out the way!
  • Dragonlilly75Dragonlilly75 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I like the sims3, i dont OMG love it!!!! but I see great potential for customisation and fun.
    I >wish< maxis would spend more time in development / testing before rushing these games out :(

I realise this is a name 1 thing ... but I saw a few replies that I completely agreed with so I decided to compile them in one post rather than 'quote' 'quote' 'quote' etc ...

FatCat - When sims go to visit someone and they wanne leave again, you have no "goodbye" option. You just have to...leave...without a word.

Lawertend - We can't make our own custom neighborhood.

you know what .. too many to mention *sigh*.