March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• zaccrazierszaccraziers Posts: 17 New Member
    edited July 2009
    GUYS you need to update your games it fixes a ton of problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!also it make the game cooler :mrgreen:
  • carlet80carlet80 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Why when you move a sim out the house to live on thier on why cant you still play that sims. I moved my sims children out to thier on own place and i cant play them all i can do is have the original family go visit. In sims 2 you were able to play any household in the neighborhood and u could build multiple families i one neighborhood.
  • 3utterfly3utterfly Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    xxdazedxx wrote:
    I have to agree with these:
    1)Genetics ****, they are completely random and/or the parent sim changes their hair in the mirror and the baby pops out w/the changed hair. What's up with that.
    2)Time, sims take forever to either do something or just get started doing something. The speeds don't seem very different to me.
    3)Sometimes even though two of my sims are dating when trying to flirt with one another the other sims thinks it's "awkward behavior".
    4)Traits have nothing to do with anything. Might as well not even have them.
    5)Bobble headed sims -.-
    And a lot of other things, like the fact that instead of adding they took a whole lot of options away. A sims 3 body shop add would be pretty cool.

I do still LOVE the game, just hope EA addresses these issues =/

the traits actually to change things. like klepto-you can steal, cook- you never burn the house. ect. but they all help in a little way. like good- you can donate to charity and then it brings up your mood for 24 hours. and other ones give dif stuff
  • ApelSuzanneApelSuzanne Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Can't have my toddler sim back from caregiver!! :twisted:
  • basher118basher118 Posts: 1,265 New Member
    edited July 2009
    When I first started playing Sims 3 I was annoyed to find that you cant touch the sides to move, you have to use the right button! Also when your sims go to work they take forever to get back because of "ultra speed"
  • LynarielaLynariela Posts: 3,297 Member
    edited July 2009
    basher118 wrote:
    When I first started playing Sims 3 I was annoyed to find that you cant touch the sides to move, you have to use the right button! Also when your sims go to work they take forever to get back because of "ultra speed"

Edge-scrolling. Options menu.

Ultra speed was fixed with 1.2.7, but yes, it was terrible on non-high end computers before the first patch. I hated that issue on my old computer!

I miss half-walls.
    Twitter, Twitch, and Gallery ID - Lynariela
  • basher118basher118 Posts: 1,265 New Member
    edited July 2009
    once i made a family and I made the lady pregnant. When I came back from playing a different family, she had the baby and called it Avery!
  • Poison28Poison28 Posts: 102 New Member
    edited July 2009
    What drives me crazy is that you can't put together stories with pictures in the game. You have to download them from the launcher and search for them in the images in the "make a story" thing. I sometimes lose the pictures because there are too many. It was also more convenient in TS2 if you forgot a name of someone or something like that.

I agree. :)
  • FredthelogFredthelog Posts: 159 New Member
    edited July 2009
    WhiteRoses wrote:
    I wish teen sims could get pregnant (I can't get the mods working) otherwise I love it
    Yeah me too. TS3 needs to get alot more realistic. Also, they really need to make it so that pregnant sims can wear anything! Not just maternity clothes. The same type of clothing every single pregnancy gets really boring!
  • zombiebovinezombiebovine Posts: 71 New Member
    edited July 2009
    -Lack of hair... This has always been a problem

-Release already made items in the store on launch instead of putting them in the game. Relax EA, we're going to buy your millions of expansion packs. Can't you give us the rest of the items you already had MADE?

-Maternity... This is just silly. I know that pregnant women have more options that a sports jacket, sweat pants, and that weird muu muu you insist they wear to bed. Can't I at least customize her patterns or change her shoes?

- No small wild life. I hope they add this in a future expansion but come on... Where are the squirrels and the birds? Geese aren't the only things flying around up there.

- No match maker. O_o I don't have time to find Sims wandering around town, my clock is ticking! There is also an AD for a matchmaking service on the side of the book store, seems silly that they couldn't just implement something on the phone and have to meet a random Sim.

- No necklaces.

- Slow speed

- No Goopy. : (
  • TheDs2TheDs2 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hair probably bugs me the most but that's nothing new - it annoys everyone <<;
  • Hang0Hang0 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The worse thing I know is how this game does nothing but expantions and takes all the player ideas and sells them back to its fan base.
    I have been playing the sims since BEFORE EA got their grubby hands on the game and yes some of it has been the same such as the expand packs but there used to be ALOT more content in the game to choose from.
    Now most of the same stuff is a STINKING cash shop 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    Its ALL about the money.
    EA I will tell you this, if this does not change and you folks keep bilking us out of as much as you can, I will STOP playing this game.
    there will be NO buying the Sims 4, or 5 or 99 for me.
    GIVE US THE VALUE we used to get with Maxis.
    I dont mind paying out money for the things that your company does R&D but I will NEVER pay for items created by its fan base then stolen and packaged for sale.
    And for the record, NO this will NOT put the company at a disadvantage, giving the paying customer its monies worth is 1: not a new concept, look throughout history, THATS the way most companies got so big. and 2: Will NEVER break the bank of the company. It is the business model that EA has now that will spell the END of this company. Even the younger generation can see a difference from a few years ago when most companies didnt set up a stinking cash shop for EVERY little item as this one has and gave VALUE to its customers.
    This may be a long rant, but I believe its one that needed to be said.
    ENOUGH of this BS is ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • vintagetwilightvintagetwilight Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2009
    cant see them at work or school!!!!! :x
    edited July 2009
    -Lack of hair... This has always been a problem

-Release already made items in the store on launch instead of putting them in the game. Relax EA, we're going to buy your millions of expansion packs. Can't you give us the rest of the items you already had MADE?

-Maternity... This is just silly. I know that pregnant women have more options that a sports jacket, sweat pants, and that weird muu muu you insist they wear to bed. Can't I at least customize her patterns or change her shoes?

- No small wild life. I hope they add this in a future expansion but come on... Where are the squirrels and the birds? Geese aren't the only things flying around up there.

- No match maker. O_o I don't have time to find Sims wandering around town, my clock is ticking! There is also an AD for a matchmaking service on the side of the book store, seems silly that they couldn't just implement something on the phone and have to meet a random Sim.

- No necklaces.

- Slow speed

- No Goopy. : (

about your hair comment, go to this website, http://ybboccobby04.bravehost.com/index.html and they have a ton of cool hairstyles for free that arent in the store!!
    edited July 2009
    TheDs2 wrote:
    Hair probably bugs me the most but that's nothing new - it annoys everyone <<;
    like i told zombie go to this website- http://ybboccobby04.bravehost.com/index.html awesome stuff not in the store, plus most of it is free!
  • LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    edited July 2009
    Renita wrote:
    No animations for getting in and out of a car.

This is SO annoying. :/
    They managed it on the sims 2, how come the car just APPEARS and the sim doesn't even open a door. :evil: It's sposed to be better than the sims 2.... :x

The Sims can't even swim in the sea.
    I know there is a lot more, like customization and walking around the neighbourhood, but does anybody agree that The Sims 2 was better? Even weather.. and Nightlife etc. They have nothing like that in the sims 3, I thought it'd be a follow up as in already have all the expansions from the sims 2 on the game.. :S
  • dmboyerdmboyer Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2009
    hmm... just one thing that bothers me - how 'bout Electronic Arts?

this game is not ready for public consumption - there are too many issues and EA has put far too small of a team together to develop and address them - corporate types call this 'resource allocation' - unfortunately EA does not see us an important consumer audience and has chosen not to address the ongoing issues with S3 through anything other than a nominal group of overtaxed employees

invariably, this is an issue about money - EA has not put the resources into Sims3 that the game and the players deserve, because enough people are purchasing the software based on franchise legacy - if you're upset, you need to get involved in the consumer aspect of your purchase - you bought a game that has constant issues during gameplay and online interactions - I'd rather have the issues fixed, but it doesn't appear that EA takes the worldwide S3 community very seriously (except to count the copies we've already purchased)

when I bought my copy of FIFA from EA, it just worked - no bugs, no updates - I know it's possible for EA to put out a consumer release that is relatively bug-free, if they are so inclined - in my opinion, EA has summarily ruined the Sims franchise with this incomplete release - here's hoping EA decides to address the issues with the appropriate level of resources and personnel rather than leaving their loyal customers to suffer

• jadman22jadman22 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    That people expect it to be Sims 2 with all of the expansion packs and better graphics. Seriously, if you don't like the game, don't play it. It's not as if Sims 2 ceases to exist.
  • waditahwaditah Posts: 20 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i would agree with others about the hair choices!!! not enough to choose from.
  • SweetSarcasimSweetSarcasim Posts: 44 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I can't get used to the timing in this game.

Seriously, I'm so used to time freezing for the other families and only the family you were playing is aging and progressing.
    Now whenever I play the game I see someone who is an Young Adult and by the time I see them again, they are Elderly.

It seems like time is going to fast for me or something.

:roll:
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2009
    The one thing that I dislike the most about Sims 3 is that I occasionally have a pregnancy where the baby is born and the father doesn't show up in the family tree. This usually occurs when I have my sims move to a new lot while the mother-to-be is pregnant. EA should fix this problem. No child should be without a father.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Alfo07Alfo07 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    They should put the drums in the sims 3 cuz if they can do it in sims life stories and sims 2 then y not sims 3 :?
  • Rrrjtl1Rrrjtl1 Posts: 75 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Don't know if this has been mentioned or not (didn't wanna sift through 154 pages LOL). But my biggest problem is that none of my single sims in the time stream so to speak will get married or even move out on their own.
  • Subucni524Subucni524 Posts: 1,659 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Fredthelog wrote:
    WhiteRoses wrote:
    I wish teen sims could get pregnant (I can't get the mods working) otherwise I love it
    Yeah me too. TS3 needs to get alot more realistic. Also, they really need to make it so that pregnant sims can wear anything! Not just maternity clothes. The same type of clothing every single pregnancy gets really boring!

The first day of pregnancy you can choose the outfit. Well, you can customize it, anyway. You just have to plan her outfit to be one of the things that pregnant Sims wear then change the look of it to whatever you want.

And teen Sims should never be able to get pregnant. End of story.
  • lilbutterfly0518lilbutterfly0518 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    :!: I love Sims 3 But Cant make our own towns?? Come on Sims 2 u can, 1 stinkin town to play on??? I WANT A NEW TOWN....Chop Chop Now!! lol