Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• X8_BlissX8_Bliss Posts: 17 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I can't change my sims' favorites (color, food, music) after they're born. And after the 1.3 update, my children will never be fans of custom music from my favorite bands. I once reset the game 18 times because I wanted my baby sim's favorite music to be custom music, and now I'm afraid I will never have children who like custom music again.
  • AnthonyPlyr231AnthonyPlyr231 Posts: 225 New Member
    edited July 2009
    That We Can't Make Our Own Lots and that the Building Floor Level should At least be 10 floors...
  • MoccaPlayer4MoccaPlayer4 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have a few. I absolutely loathe those teenage babysitters. They charge $75 and don't even take care of the children. I also hate that children crawl all the way into another room when they are being fed on the floor. Major waste of time! And I miss the garden club :-(. And being able to go to University. And why do ALL the sim children/teens go to the same school? Not very realistic.

Also, what's the point of having favorites? It makes no difference to the Sim. Sims should get good moodlets when they are surrounded by their fave color, or when they eat their fave food etc.
  • SuperradSuperrad Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't like how hard it is to control NPCs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm having trouble moving other sims into the neighborhood. The game tells me I have to change my active household even if I have no intention of playing them. I'd just like to see some people around town every once in a while, you know? The people I want, not someone with the name 'Cycl0n3 Sw0rd'.
  • shaylan221shaylan221 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have a few. I absolutely loathe those teenage babysitters. They charge $75 and don't even take care of the children. I also hate that children crawl all the way into another room when they are being fed on the floor. Major waste of time! And I miss the garden club :-(. And being able to go to University. And why do ALL the sim children/teens go to the same school? Not very realistic.

Also, what's the point of having favorites? It makes no difference to the Sim. Sims should get good moodlets when they are surrounded by their fave color, or when they eat their fave food etc.

My babysitter actually fed/cared for my toddler. He was at the house all night even though both the parents were there. Go figure.
  • St_lukeSt_luke Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Bring back AFRO'S!!!! (hair)

mysig_296717007.jpg
  • aqua0612aqua0612 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The fact that when I am playing Sims 3 everything goes smoothly, but then after 10 minutes or so, the game gets slightly darker, I mean i can deal with it but seriously, is anyone else Having this problem?????
  • x0holly0xx0holly0x Posts: 412 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Superrad wrote:
    I don't like how hard it is to control NPCs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm having trouble moving other sims into the neighborhood. The game tells me I have to change my active household even if I have no intention of playing them. I'd just like to see some people around town every once in a while, you know? The people I want, not someone with the name 'Cycl0n3 Sw0rd'.

Cycl0n3 had his name changed becuase he wanted to be called what he is online. Its funny, i am sorry you are not a fan of his coolness. :lol:
  • Smurffette007Smurffette007 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Even the original Sims has hot tubs... Why doesn't the 3rd generation of Sims have them too? Oh&having kiddie pools and small above ground pools would be nice. The kind the typical person can afford. No ones kid plays in a huge pool as a young kid! Well, I didn't.
  • LINCE918LINCE918 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Khf334 wrote:
    Besides story progression which I don't really like. (It freaks me out to have my sims aging without me playing although I like aging. Just only when it's in my control.)

I don't like how many families are in the neighborhood. It makes it difficult to create my own town.

I agree with every comment here but especially this one re ageing while not playing the family..also I used to love making a boy sim and a girl sim and getting them to fall in love now its so much harder. Also I hate going back to the basics again. I miss Weather and pets most of all. Apart from that I love the game and am hooked again!
  • LINCE918LINCE918 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Just remembered another thing that I am really dissapointed about is that no one visits anymore. In The Sims 2 family used to come over to visit I miss that. Also it seems hard to make family even friends then you can loose them too. That doesnt seem right.
  • nefertiti781nefertiti781 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    We can't make our own custom neighborhood. :cry:

yes iam the same it would be great to build your own custom neighbourhood if you want to do this you would have to delete everything from one of them but that s just too much
  • MsDeeDee9MsDeeDee9 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    what i dont like is that i really dont know how 2 use everything, like when i want 2 have more then 1 fam in the same NH but they wont save when i switch households
  • Jezebel1765Jezebel1765 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    We can't make our own custom neighborhood. :cry:

I enjoyed making my own neighborhoods in the previous sims. It would be great to be able to do that on Sims3.
  • torterra444torterra444 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    When a TV or computer goes on in my view the game crashes
    :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
  • KanyeWest101KanyeWest101 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't like how The Sims 1 had more stuff than what they have in The Sims 3 like robots
    I want a robot in The Sims 3
  • JessieeKatieeJessieeKatiee Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Zin779 wrote:
    Also nothing at the beach onlying fishing how boring.
    My Sims can't even look for shells or paddle in the sea..

^ And SUNBATHING
    I used to love it when my sims got burnt. It made me laugh. God, I'm so evil to my little simmies :D
  • GwwyynnGwwyynn Posts: 27 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Alot of the animations are totally unrealistic
    1. Getting in and out of the car
    2. Giving a child or baby a bottle it just appears from nowhere whereas on S2 they went to the fridge
    3. Changing diapers they just do it in the air i prefered going to the changing table

there are more t=but they're the main ones lol

Actually though, I am SO GLAD that they do not have babies leaving bottles all over the floor or that the nanny keeps going back to the fridge for another bottle when they can't give a bottle to a child, also leaving bottles all over the floor. They did that in Sims 2 and it was extremely annoying.
    edited July 2009
    XxEmoBobXx wrote:
    The CURFEW!!!!!!! :evil:

My Sim (Alice, a child hobo) that I got off Roburky, was over sleeping in someone's bed at a neighbour's home and then come 10, she's exhausted, almost passing out, but she's woken up by an unseen force and takes her bike and rides home, where she promptly passes out on a bench. I wanna disable the curfew! Someone said that you have to ask to sleep over. How do I ask to sleep over?

I have not seen that option, but it's probably like it is with adults where you have to know the person pretty well first.

Personally, I think the curfew is hilarious. But, I would like to see some more unique-to-age options for kids such as - more ways of getting into trouble; having secret hideouts and hangouts for kids; maybe having a kids store or game place they can go to, learning how to drive, etc.
    edited July 2009
    jerilyn wrote:
    I never played the Sims2, just 1, but i do not like that i cant inneract with the careers, like superstar and etc.. i liked being able to go into the nightclubs or the stores and date too, photo ops, sing, or whatever. The jobs are important but not being involved sucks.

Yeah they did not have that in Sims 2 but I also really liked that career interaction in Sims 1.
  • CharlotteAnneCharlotteAnne Posts: 46 New Member
    edited July 2009
    What drives me crazy is that you can't put together stories with pictures in the game. You have to download them from the launcher and search for them in the images in the "make a story" thing. I sometimes lose the pictures because there are too many. It was also more convenient in TS2 if you forgot a name of someone or something like that.
  • CoachShogun20CoachShogun20 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't like how hard it is to build a starter house. Everything starts getting too expensive.
  • Roxas982859Roxas982859 Posts: 749 New Member
    edited July 2009
    No weather or pets yet! :-(
  • xxdazedxxxxdazedxx Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have to agree with these:
    1)Genetics ****, they are completely random and/or the parent sim changes their hair in the mirror and the baby pops out w/the changed hair. What's up with that.
    2)Time, sims take forever to either do something or just get started doing something. The speeds don't seem very different to me.
    3)Sometimes even though two of my sims are dating when trying to flirt with one another the other sims thinks it's "awkward behavior".
    4)Traits have nothing to do with anything. Might as well not even have them.
    5)Bobble headed sims -.-
    And a lot of other things, like the fact that instead of adding they took a whole lot of options away. A sims 3 body shop add would be pretty cool.

I do still LOVE the game, just hope EA addresses these issues =/
  • paigeduckpaigeduck Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I hate how after the sims propose to each other, the one that proposed just stands there with his arms wide (waiting for a hug) looking stupid