Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    > @JoAnne65 said:
    > TreyNutz wrote: »
    >
    > I hate the Theaters. My sims get wishes to see movies or symphonies or a concert and there's never one playing when I think of it. There are no movies ever showing at night during the weekend (???) and rarely anything else going on in that rabbit hole to explain why. And for matinees the sim has to get there before 3 pm. Really? Only 3 hrs of movies on a Saturday or Sunday? Who programmed that?
    >
    > Except for the fact that the rabbit hole has a career attached to it and offers some classes, it's pretty much useless to me. Even when playing sims in the Journalist career.
    >
    >
    >
    > So agree with this! I'm fine with the rabbitholes by the way, but the theatres are badly done in that respect.

Agreed as well! The theater was just awful. And while the "games" at the stadium were slightly better, they still weren't ... not by much at least.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    The fact that custom content ( especially in Hair ) is so much better than Ea's hair. Why did the employees of the Sims 3 game Not make good content ?

OK, Some of the store stuff is great and other things.. But it always made me think again about the hair , that ordinary people can make it better than the people who actually made the Game...

A lot of the stuff is like that. What gets me is that EA SP was put out and its pure unadultered garbage. Then get the modding community come in and fix it all, and EA never fixes their version. Really disappointing.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    It would be nice if sims could get in between a fight. If they see a fight happening, it would be awesome if they could stop the fight. Sometimes, it may work easily, other times it may take more, maybe depending on the relationship of those in the fight. I could go on, but why do so when it would never happen.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    My only complaint with Sims 3 is how long it takes to load up on my notebook, and the fact that it only runs at about 15 fps on my notebook. Then again, it has integrated graphics, and even EA tech told me that it doesn't meet system requirements, despite it being new in 2012. So when my hard drive on my notebook was nearly full, (15 GB left), and it was time to either buy a new hard drive for it or upgrade my computer, I got a new computer - this time a gaming desktop with Windows 10, and downloaded Sims 3 on Origin. Now I just have to copy my downloads folder and custom music over.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    I really dislike all of the constant notifications and opportunities! I spend the majority of playing the game clicking the x option. Especially when I am in a crucial part of the game! I have to x out and start over again because the opportunities take precedence over what you are doing at any given moment. I know I can suppress opportunities, but a small few are worth going for.
    I guess that's it. The constant clicking! Ahhh!

Loading is fine but I am a bit wary about installing Island Paradise, which I bought on Amazon. I haven't heard too many positive things; apparently there is a lag issue but I so want to jet ski!
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Sims always choking on their food. It's annoying & pointless.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited December 2015
    Awful clothing combinations for randomly created sims! You definitely know when you have this problem when people wear a wife beater, with riding pants, and loafers! Especially when they change to their career clothes if there's not a specific outfit assigned, like my sim wears a LAB coat to their SPORTS AGENT career! No, just no! One of the main things that's bothersome that's not really something that came with the game itself, I don't like is when people create these great looking CC shoes, and then when you bring them in to the game they sink right through the floor :( Your sim is literally walking through the ground. :(

On that same vein, I despise it when my sim changes into her "work clothes" for her Journalism job....um, dingbat you are wearing your jammies, I do know how to fix it but it's still annoying.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited December 2015
    It would be nice if sims could get in between a fight. If they see a fight happening, it would be awesome if they could stop the fight. Sometimes, it may work easily, other times it may take more, maybe depending on the relationship of those in the fight. I could go on, but why do so when it would never happen.

Agreed, it would be interesting to have another Sim either try to break it up or join in...
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I like that idea! And wouldn't it be funny if the peace-making sim collects a few slaps as well. Or the fighters turn against them in perfect harmony :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited December 2015
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    I really dislike all of the constant notifications and opportunities! I spend the majority of playing the game clicking the x option. Especially when I am in a crucial part of the game! I have to x out and start over again because the opportunities take precedence over what you are doing at any given moment. I know I can suppress opportunities, but a small few are worth going for.

Loading is fine but I am a bit wary about installing Island Paradise, which I bought on Amazon. I haven't heard too many positive things; apparently there is a lag issue but I so want to jet ski!

@Ciane has a save uploaded on... Mediafire, I think... where she solved many of the lag causing issues. If you don't want to download her saved world, you can find her thread where she gives all of the steps that you can do yourself. It made IP playable for me without the laaaaaaag. If I were a bit more organized, I'd be able to give you the link for it, but alas...

Wait! I lied... here you go: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-lag-save-files-in-1st-post#latest
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2015
    Bugs, horrible launcher, kids faces, rabitholes, no actual vacations only adventures. A side from that it's a great game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    @Sigzy05 I don't care about what you said but please change your signature.

I'm not gonna say what I don't like because I know like 2% of the game while I have all expansion packs for years, but I don't agree with that the hair is ugly. I don't like most cc-hairs actually. (It makes me kinda jealous) but that's just really, really subjective.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »

I'm not gonna say what I don't like because I know like 2% of the game while I have all expansion packs for years, but I don't agree with that the hair is ugly. I don't like most cc-hairs actually. (It makes me kinda jealous) but that's just really, really subjective.

What? o.O
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    @Okblondee7 You don't need to be in Isla Paradiso to make use of the new activities that came with IP. I've actually found IP to be the best possible expansion to make holiday's possible for families. You can scuba dive, windsurf etc in all worlds, including the WA worlds. Isla Paradiso is a mess, but the EP itself brought a lot of nice stuff to the table.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    GITTE2001 wrote: »

What? o.O

I'm a little bit allergic for Ariane Grande.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    MiyuEmi wrote: »
    @Okblondee7 You don't need to be in Isla Paradiso to make use of the new activities that came with IP. I've actually found IP to be the best possible expansion to make holiday's possible for families. You can scuba dive, windsurf etc in all worlds, including the WA worlds. Isla Paradiso is a mess, but the EP itself brought a lot of nice stuff to the table.

Very true. While I can play fine in Isla Paradiso now, I still can't snorkle - but I chalk this up to my current horrible computer stats, not Ciane's world fixes. And while the world is a bit dicey without the fixes, I can windsurf just fine in Sunset Valley or any other world with water. Install it; the added game play is fun. *Need to try running a resort again...*
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    The pregnancy walk, pregnant women don't walk with a lean back. That would cause even more back pain. They walk just like non pregnant women with their backs straight. I also didn't like how they would start the walk before the baby bump appeared. So I got a mod that makes them walk normal when pregnant
    giphy.gif

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited December 2015
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I hate the Theaters. My sims get wishes to see movies or symphonies or a concert and there's never one playing when I think of it. There are no movies ever showing at night during the weekend (???) and rarely anything else going on in that rabbit hole to explain why. And for matinees the sim has to get there before 3 pm. Really? Only 3 hrs of movies on a Saturday or Sunday? Who programmed that?

Except for the fact that the rabbit hole has a career attached to it and offers some classes, it's pretty much useless to me. Even when playing sims in the Journalist career.
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I hate the Theaters. My sims get wishes to see movies or symphonies or a concert and there's never one playing when I think of it. There are no movies ever showing at night during the weekend (???) and rarely anything else going on in that rabbit hole to explain why. And for matinees the sim has to get there before 3 pm. Really? Only 3 hrs of movies on a Saturday or Sunday? Who programmed that?

Except for the fact that the rabbit hole has a career attached to it and offers some classes, it's pretty much useless to me. Even when playing sims in the Journalist career.
    In my game you can only go to the theatre at 5pm. Don't know why they can't go at any time before 12 am
    giphy.gif

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    In my game you can only go to the theatre at 5pm. Don't know why they can't go at any time before 12 am

That's true for Monday-Thursday in my game. On the weekends though there are only matinee movies from 12 pm to 3 pm. On the weekends there's usually nothing at all showing at the theater after 5 pm. Sometimes there's a play, concert, or symphony, but that's really rare.

I don't recall whether Friday in my game follows the weekday 5 pm schedule or the weekend matinee only schedule.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I don't like rabbit holes. I also don't like it when Sims go swimming in the fall/winter
  • ThatoneaccountThatoneaccount Posts: 358 Member
    Whenever my sims get a tattoo, their age seems to go all the way back to the beginning >.<
    Can't believe EA ignored that one.
    Also, bland townies with bland faces. This isn't as big of an issue because I know the default townies' genes will override the bland townie faces.
  • CodyleeMalfoyCodyleeMalfoy Posts: 100 Member
    edited December 2015
    I don't like the loading screen. It used to take about 20 minutes. Now it only takes about 5 or 10 but it's still long because I am a very impatient person :joy:
  • AJbackstAJbackst Posts: 146 Member
    They take too long to get dressed. Love you guys, but I'm not waiting 3 hours for you to change your shirt and pants!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2015
    Rabbitholes are so underestimated. They are beautiful, they often define the look of a city/world and they're practical. I don't need to follow my sims to school or work (all the time) but I do like to see where they're going. And I like sims can take courses in them. Ode to the rabbithole B)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Surreal wrote: »
    Okblondee7 wrote: »

@Ciane has a save uploaded on... Mediafire, I think... where she solved many of the lag causing issues. If you don't want to download her saved world, you can find her thread where she gives all of the steps that you can do yourself. It made IP playable for me without the laaaaaaag. If I were a bit more organized, I'd be able to give you the link for it, but alas...

Wait! I lied... here you go: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-lag-save-files-in-1st-post#latest

@Surreal, you are awesome! Thank you so much for the link! IP, here I come! :)