Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• JoselenJoselen Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2009
    When I'm given an opportunity to cook a meal for another sim, and it doesn't show the option to bring the meal over to that sim! v.v
  • mickykoo11mickykoo11 Posts: 587 Member
    edited September 2009
    i hate that there's such few clothes for children, and some of it's pretty ugly and they don't even go together(the skirt, baggy jeans, over-coat thing)
  • blockdudeblockdude Posts: 20 New Member
    edited September 2009
    First of all, it annoys me that my Sims (who are neither Neat nor Slobs) will put dishes on top of their perfect-condition dishwasher. I also would like to see what my Sim is doing at work, even if it's just a picture. (Picture of socializing, slacking off, etc.) And the portrait of the active Sim (above the time) only changes clothes when in a different mood - I'm not sure why, but this really should be fixed.
  • iBuggiBugg Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I have three.

1) That the people don't look as good as in sims 2. I mean, I really liked the way that sims looked with custom content on in sims 2 and they don't look as good in this one.

2) CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO DOWNLOAD 'Modded' CUSTOM CONTENT. Tried it once. Crashed my game. Not trying it again till someone makes a 'Downloading modded custom content for the truly technologically challenged' guide.

3) I absolutely hate the way lipstick looks! It's hideous!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • SyphoncordSyphoncord Posts: 24 New Member
    edited September 2009
    What bothers me is my city keeps dieing. And I have to keep puting new households in so it dosent become a ghost town.
  • RaginCajunPrincessRaginCajunPrincess Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2009
    THE ONE THING THAT BOTHERS ME ON THE SIMS 3 IS THE WAY THEY GET INTO THEIR VEHICLE. ITS LIKE THEY HAVE A REMOTE CONTROL FOR IT... ON SIMS 2 THEY ACTUALLY OPENED THE CAR DOOR AND ENTERED THE VEHICLE....OTHER THAN THAT ITS PRETTY COOL!!! :)
  • CaseyPorter415CaseyPorter415 Posts: 513 New Member
    edited September 2009
    i dont know if this has been mentioned yet but some of the town people age too fast. I wanted one of my sims to propose and invited that sim over and when they came it was already an elder. I didnt even recognize the Sim.
  • SyphoncordSyphoncord Posts: 24 New Member
    edited September 2009
    What bothers me is my city keeps dieing. And I have to keep puting new households in so it dosent become a ghost town.
  • ScifiSOSScifiSOS Posts: 240 Member
    edited September 2009
    I hate how the game keeps turning one of my baby sims into a seed(when i click to have her held) and even if I reload it doesn't go back. I also hate the way they get into the car, how my fridge also turned into a seed o-o, and how they age waaay to fast. The main thing I really hate about sims though is how long it takes for them to sleep. It's like full speed does not help at all. Surprisingly the third highest speed works faster than the fourth for me.

• charles10charles10 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2009
    downloads cant download free town or anything from the exchange whats the point of it if you cant use it ?
  • ELFGIRL1968ELFGIRL1968 Posts: 65 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I like Sims 3, but I'm about ready to play Sims 2 again. I miss all the interactions, hobbies, great hair, great places to whoo hoo!. I especially miss the Photo Booth and Hot Tub whoo hoos!

I hate, hate, hate the Sims 3 Store! What a complete rip off. Isn't EA making enough money as it is?

I like redesigning in CAS better than playing, at this point.
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited September 2009
    How there is no function for the Sims 3 to work like Sims 2 neighbourhood. I want my Sims to age, yeah, but I don't want the whole neighbourhood to age too. I'd rather play a family until they get to a point where aging up is near possible, so then I can play another family to that point too.

At the moment aging and story progression is turned off, which then makes another problem - aging up. Using the cake only happens once, you ahve to use the testingcheats enabled cheat, which is a bit tedious at the best of times...
  • odatrufodatruf Posts: 44 New Member
    edited September 2009
    that the game exits itself whenever it wants

and town dies off too easily
  • FSPRICEFSPRICE Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Designing houses and creating Sims is the only part I really like anyway. If it weren't for the custom content sites out there that offer more items for free, I would have taken the game back to the store and demanded a refund. I assumed that EA would have improved with each game, but it seems Sims 3 was a big let down in regards to content included with the game. EA is just out to rip us off and make us spend spend spend to enjoy a game that we have already paid for.
  • FSPRICEFSPRICE Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2009
    1. Hate that I can't control the height of my sims...all my women are exactly the same height as my men. Nothing against short men, but in real life not everyone is the same height..lol.
    2. With all the technology today, why do Sims still talk in jibberish? If they can take classes to learn other skills, why can't they have a language class..ha!

There are so many other things about this game that irritate me to no end, but what's the point really in sharing them all? EA is making money off all of us whether we are satisfied with the game or not.
  • zgamer8zgamer8 Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yep!!
    Post edited by zgamer8 on
  • zgamer8zgamer8 Posts: 84 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yep!!
    Post edited by zgamer8 on
  • tinarusselltinarussell Posts: 114 Member
    edited September 2009
    My player Alex had a daughter just 4 sim days ago and she's grayed out in the family tree! She just died...don't even know why. I can't believe the game doesn't even tell you when your own children die. It's driving me crazy because I don't know how she died.
  • UnluckywolfUnluckywolf Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2009
    I only have 2 things that bother me. One is that each household you create is completely outside the other, whereas in the Sims2 all households you created were neighbors and players. If you want the sims you create to be neighbors in this you have to make an unplayable copy and place it in that household's town. The other is that after your Sim reaches its lifetime wish, that's it for your lifetime wishes whereas in the Sims2 it would give you a new goal to pursue. :?
  • TinwhistlerTinwhistler Posts: 217 New Member
    edited September 2009
    My player Alex had a daughter just 4 sim days ago and she's grayed out in the family tree! She just died...don't even know why. I can't believe the game doesn't even tell you when your own children die. It's driving me crazy because I don't know how she died.

If you have your sim read the next newspaper soon after a death it should say who died and why
  • cpteehsparrowcpteehsparrow Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Is that the game doesn't meet the computer requirement
  • JoselenJoselen Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Don't know if this problem was already mentioned, but another small problem I've noticed is that whenever I have a sim go from one room to another (or one task to another) they tend to freeze in motion for a couple of "in game" seconds. :?
  • GwwyynnGwwyynn Posts: 27 New Member
    edited September 2009
    LoCatus wrote:
    Spending the simoleans to grill up a "Perfect Quality" platter of Grilled Salmon or Tri-Tip Steak down at the park, only to have some neat freak come toss it all in the trash before anyone has a chance to grab a plate..

:lol:

Definetly! Also, if your sim goes to a restaurant or bar, orders something, and another sim comes up, takes it, and eats or drinks it before you can even hold it! I've had it happen several times. Annoying! And you have to pay for it. Please fix this.

Would like to see new computer generated sims moving into empty homes in the neighborhood without me having to do it - or at least an option to have that happen since I'm sure some people would not want that happening in their neighborhood.

Thanks for fixing it so there are no more babies popping up from one parent and looking exactly like them, but I would like to see more babies when there is a mother and father.

Need a bit more genetic mixing of children and also - randomize their hair so it doesn't always end up having the same hairstyle as their parent. Need some curly hair and some more styles - especially for children.

Any way you could give the ability to have different heights of the people? It bothers me they are all the same height. Also, would like the option to have babies and toddlers age faster than everyone else. Honestly, I get bored with that after about 5 sim days and it makes it hard to have more babies because you can end up with several babies or toddlers at the same time.

Twins don't always age at the same rate.

Would like to see what sims are doing in the "rabbit holes" even if I have no control over it.

Please put more lots.

Have more interactions for children. Other ways to get into trouble besides staying out late. Need some hangouts. Need more part-time jobs.

Am looking forward to that new expansion. Looks like fun.
  • marc780marc780 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2009
    my one complaint is when the whole family goes different places and nobody wants to go home and you have to find where they all went!

I was fustrated by this too but the answer is that you have to click on the Sim that drove, and look in their inventory. If you went by family car, the car will be in the inventory (of the sim that drove). Just click on the car, then click "go home" and everybody will run like hell for the car lol.

Also you can just send one sim home, probably one of the parents if its a family, then click on their cell phone (inventory) and select "call everybody home"
  • JenaiT02JenaiT02 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I hate that even though I turned Story Progression off, sims in town are still popping up with babies and no father in sight.