Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• LOVETHESIMSFOREVERLOVETHESIMSFOREVER Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    xocAnDii wrote:
    How when i click ultra speed it's the same as normal speed ugh so annoying waiting for your sim to be fully rested.

I totally agree!!
  • Rengo808Rengo808 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Losing my Sims due to save error....2 times now :x
    I feel like I'm playing at my own risk of losing all the progress again...omni plants all maxed skills and maxed job skill levels for me and my sim spouse grrrrr. If it happens again I'm gonna put in for a refund
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited August 2009
    Maybe I am just too old but I would like to rebuild the downtown community myself. I would also like to see the sims interacting in all the buildings.

I totally changed my downtown area. The lots are fixed, but there are still a lot of options. My park is green with lots of trees, a gazebo, a playground, etc.
    But I've also seen a game where the player had put two lanes down on the park area and put the shops, spa, city hall and police station there, with a little bit of grass in-between and some fountains.

I've also seen a great lot that had the business tower and science building from Riverview and the thieves' warehouse all on one 'industrial area' lot that fit the space in Sunset Valley where the Landgraab Science building is now.

I built a new gym, and a museum to take the place of the art gallery. I've seen games where people built new libraries, too.
    My museum has a 'restaurant' - basically it has juice bars, a fridge, etc. but at least it's a place where they can eat and drink where I can see them. :)
  • KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited August 2009
    Ladygeek wrote:
    martymcfly wrote:
    open the cheat window shft/ctrl/c (shft/ctrl/windows Key/C on some HP computers), type in testingcheatsenabled true and hit enter. Click on the mailbox while holding down the shift key. Click Make All Happy and that will max the motives on all. If you leave the cheat on, you can right click on your mouse, hold it down and while doing so, slide the motive bars left or right.

Thanks so much Marty I will try this and see how it works.

Also, if you type in 'testingcheatsenabled true' before starting the game from the main menu, you can adjust the individual sliders for relationships as well as motives.
  • dragon1988dragon1988 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Archivist wrote:
    It makes the fan in my computer blow really loud. I had to find a way to keep my PC as far away from my monitor as possible so that the noise wouldn't bother me as much. Luckily, the game put me in a room-rearranging mood. :)

that just your computer not sims3
  • dragon1988dragon1988 Posts: 43 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Rengo808 wrote:
    Losing my Sims due to save error....2 times now :x
    I feel like I'm playing at my own risk of losing all the progress again...omni plants all maxed skills and maxed job skill levels for me and my sim spouse grrrrr. If it happens again I'm gonna put in for a refund

lol your computer isn't good enough
  • Smarty_Sims3Smarty_Sims3 Posts: 46 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    We can't make our own custom neighborhood. :cry:

I agree
  • cath1995xcath1995x Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    that you cant swim in the sea at the beach?? :evil:
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited August 2009
    Aww, I only get to list one thing? Because not being able to make your own neighborhoods would be one of those things.

Also:

If sim women are allowed to safely have their babies at home, the impending child's father should not be such a wimp about it and fly into a screaming panic if he's in the same room as his laboring partner. I think the role of fathers in the birthing process progressed beyond that decades ago. :roll:
  • DisphasiaDisphasia Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It irritates me that most of the clothing and hairstyles are soooo ugly. We need more fashionable clothes. I hate that my sims look like my granny. :?
  • chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    edited August 2009
    It bothers me that I can customize everything in the game until my sim gets pregnant and she's stuck in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 clothes.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Sims3girl1Sims3girl1 Posts: 190 New Member
    edited August 2009
    MY COMLIANTS IS.......WHY IS THIS GAME SO AMAZING UGH LOL IT IS SOOOOO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • StragStrag Posts: 99 New Member
    edited August 2009
    That when Sims visit most buildings, you ca'nt see them in it. And they just go in and... disappear. I was hoping we'd get to help them do their job, sort of like in Urbz. :S
    And that when they go to a restaurant, it's really customised like all the options in the TS2 when you went out.
  • stonee206stonee206 Posts: 27 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    We can't make our own custom neighborhood. :cry:
    Totally Agree :x
  • Simerica_63Simerica_63 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited August 2009

I really don't like that you cannot place empty lots where you want to, you have to choose from already empty lots!

Always loved building a lot, but building in Sims 3 makes me nervous.

There's far to much short hair and hair with helmets, a hat or a cap.

Sims do have very quick a low energie. When they wake up, have a breackfast en go to their jobs, they return far to much tired! The only thing they can do is go to their bed, spending the evening on sleeping to get new energie for the next day.

I also don't like the look of the NPC Sims. Why are they always that ugly??

Why do Sims look so different afterwards? I made a beautifull Sim in CAS. But after I send her in to the neighbourhood, she didn't look pretty at all!

Why are their faces puffy, no mather if they are fat or skinny? I don't like that!

Why is it so difficult and so less options to propose other Sims and mary them?

Even a simple kissing is a difficulty. Most of the time I don't get a option for that. I only get this option when my Sims are relaxing on their bed, wich I find a very strange behavior for Sims who just had met eachhother.
  • rachrn83rachrn83 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Definetly wish there was an option to place children up for adoption. And my most recent pet peeve that I noticed is, I have a male sim who divorced his wife, but they had two toddlers together. So he moves out and remarries. I wish he had the option to call the ex-wife to have her bring the children by. He can go to the house and see them, but he doesn't have any interactions with his biological children yet because his relationship with his ex-wife is not high enough...what kinda crap is that??? Although I do like now how relationships such as ex-wife, half-siblings and step-children are recognized, that is pretty cool. Just wish those two things were changed.
  • winehousefan22winehousefan22 Posts: 427 New Member
    edited August 2009
    HAIR!!! IT'S HIDEOUS!
  • rayes7mrayes7m Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Lack of options ! (:
  • ChloeBrookePChloeBrookeP Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree. Broken launcher! SOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating!
  • tinarusselltinarussell Posts: 114 Member
    edited August 2009
    Sozerius wrote:
    Arent there enough replies in this thread?

All of these threads are necessary to the game designers and technical crew.
    Besides you have thousands of players and not everyone is able to read every single previous post to see if their item was already mentioned, so some get mentioned more than once.

They watch these constantly for improvements in their upgrades and patches as well as expansion packs and future games.

They are vital to keeping any game up to what the public wants as well as working great to make more customers happy and coming back.
  • tinarusselltinarussell Posts: 114 Member
    edited August 2009
    rachrn83 wrote:
    Definetly wish there was an option to place children up for adoption. And my most recent pet peeve that I noticed is, I have a male sim who divorced his wife, but they had two toddlers together. So he moves out and remarries. I wish he had the option to call the ex-wife to have her bring the children by. He can go to the house and see them, but he doesn't have any interactions with his biological children yet because his relationship with his ex-wife is not high enough...what kinda crap is that??? Although I do like now how relationships such as ex-wife, half-siblings and step-children are recognized, that is pretty cool. Just wish those two things were changed.

I totally agree. It is the same way if you have children by someone that you are not married to. Even if you invite him over he won't go near the kids and won't hold them, talk to them or anything unless they are older and you prompt them.

• MizzSimzzWizzMizzSimzzWizz Posts: 30 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sims only have bigger ***** when edging on fat.
  • Simerica_63Simerica_63 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited August 2009

Before Sims 3 came out a lot of people and also I hoped for beautifull pictures for our uploads, especially for the houses.

It's such a pitty that they after uploading look like Sims 1 lots!

• rayes7mrayes7m Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Before Sims 3 came out a lot of people and also I hoped for beautifull pictures for our uploads, especially for the houses.

It's such a pitty that they after uploading look like Sims 1 lots!

I'm with you in this one. It's different. But I feel it's more cartoonish than realistic.
  • kdog6486kdog6486 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :thumbdown:
    Catasyne wrote:
    i really miss going into restaurants and stores with my sims and all the interactions they had at night clubs, bars, coffee shops etc. The fact that they just disapear into a building now really takes a lot out of the game :(

i never had a sim game other than sims 3 but that sounds so much fun to be able to go in with your sim! I hope sims 3 creators read this and change it! [the more i think about it the more i agree it does take alot out of the game] :(:cry::cry: