Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Options
    malinda1malinda1 Posts: 325 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i wish you could lock the doors.
    omg ppl need privacy!
  • Options
    gendressgendress Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2009
    SynnSoon wrote:
    The speed times. I could bypass everything else if the game's speed wasn't so frackin' slow.

My system plays the game perfectly fast and I have all the graphics cranked to max and the resolution set to 1920x1200. Of course I also have 4GB of RAM and dual SLI graphics cards (1GB video RAM each). I play lots of graphics intensive games so I got a system that could handle it - it's overkill for Sims 3 but I love it.

I'd recommend looking into upgrading your graphics card and possibly also the RAM so the game runs faster for you.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Do not invent a bike!

Sorry to be a nitpick but don't you mean "Don't re-invent the wheel"?
  • Options
    aengusiaengusi Posts: 27 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My sims don't get fat, and it doesn't show a baby bump or anything if one is pregnant. :x

• Options
    edited August 2009
    The one thing that bothers me the most is there are no curved stairs when building a house. I have always wanted to design my dream house in Sims but I can't without curved stairs. The entire layout is completely wrong with straight stairs for my dream house.

Also what about split level stairs? or building tri-level homes? I cannot recreate my boyfriend's house or my house in Sims 3 because of the stair limitations. They really need to factor that in.
  • Options
    cleo76xzerracleo76xzerra Posts: 199 New Member
    edited August 2009
    gendress wrote:
    Do not invent a bike!

Sorry to be a nitpick but don't you mean "Don't re-invent the wheel"?

There are many ways to say it. This is just one of them. In the end it all boils down to what they are trying to do with the game.

• Options
    peterb91peterb91 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i hate the fact that there is no animation for getting in/out of the car and that it suddenly appears in/out of the garage... the sims 2 was more realistic in that.. u could see the sim getting in/ out of the car and when he drives into/out of the drive way..! that was cooler!
  • Options
    AsegaiAsegai Posts: 79 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Just 1 thing... wow that's a challenge.

Everyone has already mentioned the lack of divingboards, car animations and lockable doors.

So, if I have to come up with something I haven't seen anyone else post about (doesn't mean nobody has, just that I haven't seen it) I would have to say it's the rassafrassin curtains. Out of about 7 of them only 2 or 3 actually fit the windows. Wass up with that?
  • Options
    simsamoverdrivesimsamoverdrive Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It really does annoys me that we can only save three outfits for a single sim when you have given us so many customizable options for fashion/accessories!

It is a good idea, and it makes changing my sims clothes so much easier, but if i could just save 2 or 3 more outfits it would make the wardrobe so much more interesting :)

Its just the little things haha :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TimBitTimBit Posts: 281 Member
    edited August 2009
    Asegai wrote:
    Just 1 thing... wow that's a challenge.

Everyone has already mentioned the lack of divingboards, car animations and lockable doors.

So, if I have to come up with something I haven't seen anyone else post about (doesn't mean nobody has, just that I haven't seen it) I would have to say it's the rassafrassin curtains. Out of about 7 of them only 2 or 3 actually fit the windows. Wass up with that?

Omg, I know! Everytime! I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this a tad annoying.
  • Options
    ShunpeiFuzzySocksShunpeiFuzzySocks Posts: 44 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Like some people have said, I'm annoyed with how babies grow up. They either have one hair colour, from mum or dad, they tend to get their parents hairstyles, and most of the time when my sims age up into teens/yound adults they're fat, and I have to waste so much time having them exercise.
  • Options
    DreamsthatkillmeDreamsthatkillme Posts: 80 New Member
    edited August 2009
    gendress wrote:
    The one thing that bothers me the most is there are no curved stairs when building a house. I have always wanted to design my dream house in Sims but I can't without curved stairs. The entire layout is completely wrong with straight stairs for my dream house.

Also what about split level stairs? or building tri-level homes? I cannot recreate my boyfriend's house or my house in Sims 3 because of the stair limitations. They really need to factor that in.

Yeah the stairs in the sims 3 is what bothers me...I hate that you cant customize it to match everything its like you can customize everything else but the stairs how does this even make sense?
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    gwennaby wrote:
    No Memories! Life seems so meaningless without them. :cry:

I agree I miss them :(
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Simlily wrote:
    All the little graphics glitches I have. In "Create A Sim", the sim I'm making is completely pitch black from head to toe, or this weird turquoise color, except for the eyes and the hair, which are both normal. It bothers me because when I am creating a sim, it's kind of a hit and miss situation, and then when I have made my sim, either I am okay with it, or its awful, because I couldn't see anything when I was making the sim. In addition to that glitch, my sims often appear bald, appear to have less hair than they do, or appear to have stringy silvery hair when they don't. UGH. It's so annoying. But, I still LOVE the Sims 3. I would like it a lot more if there weren't any glitches, though.

I dont think thats a glitch you just need a better computer and better graphic card.
  • Options
    XCherokeeX1965XCherokeeX1965 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I guess the ONE main thing is, I have shelled out about 155 US dollars for the game and 'parts' and i have ad's on the sims pages i visit, does EA need help from sponsers to keep this site open? Thats the only way to narrow down to one, otherwise, i like the game ok. helps me spend more time with sims2 that i quit playing while waiting for sims3.
  • Options
    MillypinkhatMillypinkhat Posts: 22 New Member
    edited August 2009
    the hair is rubbish !!! and my game crashes if its on too long too much and noy alot of things for the sims to do ....
  • Options
    Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Another thing I just realized, certain items like the sink and the TV break very easily so you have to CONSTANTLY repair things. In the sims2 that didn't happen as much.
  • Options
    helinchelinc Posts: 97 New Member
    edited August 2009
    the other day when i was playing one of the sons moved out and its annoying that u can only play 1 household at once. i think that once ur sim has moved out that u should sstill be able 2 control them without starting a new game!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Another thing I just realized, certain items like the sink and the TV break very easily so you have to CONSTANTLY repair things. In the sims2 that didn't happen as much.

if u upgrade the machanic skill then there is a unbreakable option
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    gendress wrote:

also they have that annoying triangle bit under then. i remember in sims 2 u could have stairs that were kinda just floating.
  • Options
    DeanPlyr985DeanPlyr985 Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2009
    The fact we cannot create our own neighborhoods. :(
    2qxq5qd.jpg
  • Options
    monypm97monypm97 Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2009
    You can customize stairs by painting them with wall paint, and you can customize paint, so, you can customize stairs. :)
  • Options
    skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009

spiral stairs would definitely be a plus!

the thing that leaves me "hanging" and disappointed in the game is, when I finally get to the
    point where I can buy the science facility, or whatever business, (and the game promised me
    I would have "full control") ... I thought, at that point, I could have more control over the
    site ... like re-doing the landscape if I wished, or repainting the outside ...

Actually I had hoped and thought that, when I bought the business, I would actually be able to
    go inside that building, but well, no.

I hoped to put my butterflies I saved up into the huge glass dome at the science facility, but
    that was not possible.

Unless I am missing something.

• Options
    skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009

may I wish one more thing?
    :lol:

I wish to have those clusters of butterflies in my Sim's gardens at their home.

I thought maybe if I named the butterflies and released them in the yard or house,
    they would stick around, but mine haven't.

I know you can put a butterfly in a small terrarium-type thingy, but that doesn't
    seem to be as fun as just having them around in clusters around the flowers.

(to me, anyway)

maybe the mad scientist could mix the fish with the butterfly and make a flying fish,
    that'd be cool.

• Options
    suitcasesuitcase Posts: 103 Member
    edited August 2009
    There's a few things that bother me, but one of the biggest ones is there's no curly hair. Sure, there's wavy hair, but no curly hair.
    What's up with that?