Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name 1 THING that BOTHERS you about SIMS 3.

Comments

• Seannelson11Seannelson11 Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2009
    No 'Next Song' option on the stereo :/
  • gwennabygwennaby Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No Memories! Life seems so meaningless without them. :cry:
  • Thesims2kelly13Thesims2kelly13 Posts: 998 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Rabbit holes. :cry:
  • Teasim2Teasim2 Posts: 28 Member
    edited August 2009
    when i have filled my promised wish bar and i get another easy wish, i can't fulfill the wish for points without losing another wish.

this is unlike the aspiration system where you could fulfill any desire, but could only lock one or two. (given the choice i prefer this one)

it seems like it would be easy to award points for fulfilled but not promised wishes. (after all, it works that way in real life)
  • Ka1teeKa1tee Posts: 77 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Only one thing?

No Strangetown
  • Mitchie31Mitchie31 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    How the freaking hairstyles aren't so cute! 8) Ugh!!! I also hate how there aren't expansion packs! Will there ever be??? I know you said one but sorry!
  • DrewskiluhvDrewskiluhv Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Well i love the game!

But i would have to say the thing that bothers me the most is.. When you throw a party.. If you have a long list of friends and you are trying to pick out each specific person that you want to come to the party.. It will send you back to the top of the list of friends after you invite someone. Kinda annoying when you are on a laptop =/
  • TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited August 2009
    Having to run the Launcher to start the game. (But I think you can skip this by running the game directly, I haven't tried it yet though)

The Launchers immediate need to connect to the internet when you run it. (it takes a while when you're using dial up)

Hitting Esc key to skip video upon starting the game. (Isn't there any way to skip this, I know how in Sims 2)

The lack of hotkeys in other functions of the menu. Inventory and Journal have their hotkeys, so why not the rest of the other tabs?

They can put the hotkeys in a row like how Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars / Red Alert 3 did with their tabs on the menu.
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • Playerdepain77Playerdepain77 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Only one thing?

No Strangetown

It's mentioned in the newspapers a lot :p
    (strangetown syndrome, Random natural disasters that happen to it, and people from there are apparently against space exploration XD)

The only thing that bugs me is the crappy guy clothing options.
  • Surfer1Girl5Surfer1Girl5 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    No curly hair styles
  • lotrrotk1991lotrrotk1991 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    How bout the extremely limited hair options for males. All i want is a crew cut. I love the game but i don't want every character to look like they're either in a hipster rock group or are a creepy old man.
  • lettuceoutlettuceout Posts: 241 New Member
    edited August 2009
    MischeM6 wrote:
    The thing that bugs me most is when a spouse dies they are not attached in the family tree, it REALLY REALLY ANNOYS ME!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Agreed.

I can name several things that bother me about this game. But I shall only name one.

The supernatural.

And the energizer was nifty, altough a bit of an eyesore.

...weather, of course!

Hot tubbity-tubs.

The option for a desert terrain.

STRANGETOWN WAS AWESOMMME.

The lack of breasts on the skinny sims.

The TS2 website.

I miss TS2 in general, really.
  • suicidespatsuicidespat Posts: 1,864 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The lack of genetics for hair color..it's mom's or dad's or something ramdom...no in between(all the kids having their parents hairstyle is annoying as well)
  • FruitLove2004FruitLove2004 Posts: 178 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The one thing that I miss the most are the cut scenes, :( I can't remember what they were actually called, But I'm talking about when something like "The first kiss" was about to take place or they were about to Whoo hoo, It would cut away to a slow motion cinema scene. :-) Do you all know what I'm talking about :?: Well I hope so, Anyway that's one of the things I miss :!:
  • Beckey_TynanBeckey_Tynan Posts: 154 New Member
    edited August 2009

I would really LOVE to be able to customize EVERYTHING in the game including the Mysterious Mr. Gnome, color the stairwells and well everything. EA was not truthful when they said you could customize EVERYTHING because you can't.

Sincerely,

Beckey_Tynan

• jonettegjonetteg Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i hate that there is no sims body shop, the hair selections, and especially the set up of the sims 3 site, i prefer the way the sims2 site is. I also find it difficult and limited when creating a sims face. i guess thats more than 1. and i hate how difficult it is making relationships.
  • NunyaDammeBiznisNunyaDammeBiznis Posts: 89 Member
    edited August 2009
    when a married sim wants to massage (amorous hug, woohoo, etc) with their spouse and the choice doesn't show. I have to keep going through interactions, wasting time until it finally shows up. I also hate social needs on an infant. I kept the little larvae in the parents room, but the brat kept waking them up because he was lonely. I banished the child to sleep outside. Daddy is in the medical field and desperately needs his sleep. I really do not like the larvaes, but they need less care than a toddler, so I keep them for a bit. The infants in 2 were more interesting. I know people complained about them just wearing a diaper, but that is more preferable than them just having head and upper torso. Put the kid in one of the items that should have come with apartment life, but they got really greedy and put in the store instead, and they really come to life. They put their feet in their mouth and behave like a baby. These larvae look like miniature Buddhist monks. They just lie there and meditate until they get lonely.. ooh poor baby gets lonely. I put it out in the yard so it can be lonely all alone instead on making the rest of the family miserable too. They are born wide awake. Most of my sims "try for baby" as they are going to bed at night. So the little larvae is born at night wide awake when everyone else is going to sleep. It carries over into toddlerhood, until I can straighen them out, they spend all night awake, but in their crib with nothing to do.
    The daredevil sims are really boring. They do things extremely (but it looks just like how every other sim does it) and they want to eat dirt. What's so extreme about eating dirt. I can eat dirt and I am not a daredevil. They should try to do wheelies on bicycles using a red neck's last words "Hey, watch this!" Do something really extreme, grab a fish out of a fishbowl and swallow it alive. Childish sims play with a mirror all the time. How stupid, not childish, just stupid.
    I had to seperate the words red and neck because it replaced it with "****" Why? It had no profanity. Get real jerks.
  • MustardoMustardo Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My problem is that you don't have as much choice of interaction with the sims 3 but the sims 2 has loads! :roll:
  • monypm97monypm97 Posts: 56 Member
    edited August 2009
    One teen babysitter for 5 infants kind of sucks. In TS2 you could hire multiple nannies.

Im worse than you, I hire a nanny for 1 infant, and she watched tv all day, the baby was dirty, very, VERY hungry, felt lonely and tired, and she only broke my tv!!! :evil: :evil:
    Cant change the height of my Sims. I want most of them (not my own personal sim) to be taller than me.

Actually, once they said it was like that, but now is not...
    if only I can put a pic of her as my default pic on here!

You actually can!!

A question, wasnt there a spanish forum around here, how do I change the language? I know how to speak english(kinda) but most of times Im not on the mood. :(
  • AmoebiusAmoebius Posts: 2,577 New Member
    edited August 2009
    it bothers me that i can't customize everything (especially fences and stairs but also other things) like its mentioned on the sims3 front page and in commercials

and sorry a second one :) - rabbitholes bothers me too i don't like this buildungs in my city
  • KayO199XKayO199X Posts: 722 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I can't stand the fact that sims that are born within the game always have voice track#1 at normal pitch as they grow up. This includes both the child, and grown-up voice, both are always track#1 at normal pitch. Never have I seen a sims who was born in the game who had voice track#2 as a child, or voice tracks#2 and 3 as an older sim.

I wish sims would inhearit their parents voice. I also wish there was a way to change a sims voice in the middle of the game.
  • cleo76xzerracleo76xzerra Posts: 199 New Member
    edited August 2009
    glitch of toddler - child lack of trait =[ the trait i pick never stays there :(

I had the same issue on 2 of the toddlers.
  • cleo76xzerracleo76xzerra Posts: 199 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I believe that the designers are trying so hard to make it better in a new way that they are forgetting the # 1 rule: never change what was a hit, listen to the customers not the HQ's. And deadlines are only an excuse when you have 2 games with EP's and SP's behind your belt.

Do not invent a bike!
  • karremans1karremans1 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2009
    There Is No teacher job at the school
  • Simon1559Simon1559 Posts: 109 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You only get red chimineys.