Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it me or are some features really different in UC?

EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
Since getting The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, I began seeing some differences between non-UC and UC game.
For example, when I didn't have the Ultimate Collection, I got a warning when there were 5 hours left before the final exams in college. When playing the Ultimate Collection, I never get these 5-hour warnings anymore.
Also, before the Ultimate Collection, I was able to set the 24-hour clock (sims age on 18:00) instead of 12-hour (sims age on 6:00 pm). After getting the Ultimate Collection, I always have the 12-hour clock no matter if it is turned on or off.
What differences have you noticed?

Comments

• NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    I do get the 5 hour warnings and have a 24-hour clock WITH the UC. :o
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I get the exam warnings too playing UC
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Strange, I don't even after repairing the game...
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I also get the exam warnings each time. I don't know about the clock, I never changed it. The aging mod I have changed it to midnight for aging, so I never bothered.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I've got the clock and the 5 hour warning.

Did you update your Graphic Rules.sgr files?
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I've got the clock and the 5 hour warning.

Did you update your Graphic Rules.sgr files?

No.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2018
    I get the warning, too. But things I know they won't wish for are things like a flower bed, a shrub, etc. it's very rare having all EPs and SPs installed and maybe due to TS2UC. Not sure. But they seem to not roll as many wants (don't change as often) as they did with separate EPs installed instead of the UC.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don't get that warning with the UC. Strange.

Really? You don't get a pop up telling you finals will start in 5 hours? That is very strange. I wonder why some people don't have it. :/
    edited January 2018
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Really? You don't get a pop up telling you finals will start in 5 hours? That is very strange. I wonder why some people don't have it. :/

Regional difference?
    I do not have any mods or CC. I have installed this two times, but same results.
    Post edited by EgonVM on

Definitely not. I just checked with my university sim. No mods and cc is 5 skin tones and two hairs.
    EgonVM wrote: »

Regional difference?
    I do not have any mods or CC. I have installed this two times, but same results.

Definitely not. I just checked with my university sim. No mods and cc is 5 skin tones and two hairs.

Maybe EgonVM is right. Maybe it is a regional difference. Seems like a very odd and random difference though.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I get the warnings and the clock options and I'm USA region.

What regions are everyone in?
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    I get the warnings and the clock options and I'm USA region.

What regions are everyone in?

I'm USA also and get them.
  • Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    I get warnings and clock options and I'm in PAL region.
    edited January 2018
    I live in one of the Baltic countries near Russia and I don't get these warnings and clocks.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
    I’m in the UK and don’t get five hour warnings.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I'm in the Netherlands and do get them. Maybe it has to do with you 12-hour clock? Or you language settings? Maybe it was not installed propably, I had some troubles too with UC.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • spoopyspoopy Posts: 21 New Member
    > @MidnightAura said:
    > I’m in the UK and don’t get five hour warnings.

same-o

tbh i didn't even know these existed until this post

lmao like bye
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    I'm from France and i do get the five hour warnings, it's weird that some of you don't get them.
    I don’t get them on my pc. I had to uninstall and re install and deffo do not get them. Would have to check and see if they appear on my game on my Husband’s pc.
  • horseypotatohorseypotato Posts: 23 Member
    Im in the UK and I do get the 5 hour warnings, weird that some of you dont :o
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I'm also a UK Simmer and I get the warnings with the UC. That's a strange thing to have missing, even for The Sims!
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Just wondering is anyone playing in ultra speed and sometimes ultra speed in all these games can cause a glitch, I don't play in ultra speed so in a total vanilla game, maybe that is the problem (Custom content?) or the mod that shortens the days of college life?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Just wondering is anyone playing in ultra speed and sometimes ultra speed in all these games can cause a glitch, I don't play in ultra speed so in a total vanilla game, maybe that is the problem (Custom content?) or the mod that shortens the days of college life?

I'm constantly in Ultra speed and get the warnings. I don't have a mod to shorten the number of college days.

I do have a mod that will force finals to not be at night, which can happen, especially if you don't fully empty out a dorm before moving the next batch in.