Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loving in the Limelight

Comments

• cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @bekkasan You totally had me fooled! If I hadn't just read mikezumi's comment I would have had no idea that you didn't have slow dancing in your game. :lol:
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I don't have Supernatural and I have slow dancing! Which I totally thought you had @bekkasan How'd you fake it? With poses?
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@coco Thanks! The poses were mostly very good poses. There was one I tried that didn't work as Jared was all inside her dress....it was actually funny and could make the bloopers if I had taken a picture of it. :)

@ZeeGee and @Mikezumi Slow dancing came with Seasons. I'm sorry, I missed that in Mikezumi's comment last night. I was sleepy. :) The only two EP's I don't have in right now are Pets and Seasons. Too intensive for my current puter. Knock on wood I may have a new one by summer. I'm going to start looking, pricing or getting one built. :)
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @bekkasan I don't have Seasons or Supernatural installed so I definitely don't have slow dancing ;) I am always getting confused what comes with each EP although I have read up on the ones I don't have installed. I do own them all but am very slow at adding stuff and also doubt this laptop could handle too much more. I like my settings on high and don't want to sacrifice that for a couple more EPs. One day I will have a room set up so I can actually buy a desktop. I just wish I wasn't a hoarder! Not only do I have all my junk but I seem to have acquired many boxes of my mother's possessions when I cleared out her apartment when she died. I keep meaning to go through the boxes and see if my brother and sister might want anything but I doubt they want more either. I know I could donate some to charity, and I did donate a lot when she passed, but it feels too final getting rid of her things.
    @Mikezumi I noticed with the crowd I have in France right now, and especially on the gondola lot, my graphics are taking a huge hit and it takes about 45 seconds to load the venue whenever I zoom back to it. I'm ready to send them home and disband the household! My settings are in the mid range on most, but high on the sims themselves.
    I've got tons of boxes from my Mom and Dad. Dad's are books that he loved and wanted me to have. I don't have anywhere to put them right now. Mom's is sewing and quilting stuff and I can't even get to my sewing area right now, but, am starting to get that itch to quilt again. I will have to move boxes to even get to a machine! sigh.
    @bekkasan and @Mikezumi There is a mod that adds a waltz interaction that’s very nice. It’s like dancing, the more a couple does it the better they get. I’ll try to link later, in a rush this morning.

I’m having the same issues right now. Clearing out my Mom’s house is just overwhelming. What to keep? What to throw? Am I missing someth8ng she would really want? Everything is getting packed away on boxes and going into storage. Will she ever even need it again? I’m sorry you’ve both lost your moms. How do you deal with losing your mother? I’ve never faced that before and the grief of what could have happened and what she’s lost is setting in. But as horrible as this has been, it could have been much worse.

Ugh, sorry. Let’s get back to the happy occasion.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Love the picture of Bridgeport on the first page: :smile:

39357703921_009f17833a_c.jpg

I was thinking of Bridgeport earlier as that is where I want to send my Sims when they next go 'floating!' :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@ZeeGee I would love to have the link for the waltz mod when you have time. :)
    My Dad passed away last year and they had moved just a few months prior to an assisted living home as Dad needed more help than Mom could give. In downsizing they packed up stuff and labeled boxes for each of us and Mom went ahead and gave me her sewing stuff as she can't sew anymore because of issues with her eyes. She is still with us, cranky as all get out, but love her anyways! It was hard enough losing Dad. I stayed away from the forums for a month or so, little things would make me cry. I smile more now thinking about him, the memories are good ones and miss him very much, but I know I'll see him again someday. Seeing Dimitri cry made me smile as I remember how Dad was when I got married. It will be hard when Mom goes, but I know I will be able to smile again with the memories.

@king_of_simcity7 Thanks! This is the first time I've played a long game in Bridgeport and I've enjoyed it very much. I did do some culling of some of the venues as there are just too many party places. I also got rid of a few of the apartments that were empty. I left the lots empty for the most part.
    @ZeeGee Thank you :) That mod would be great but only when you have time :)
    My mother's been gone for a few years now but I won't lie, it was very hard losing her. I was always forgetting she was gone and every time I heard something on the news or some gossip she would have loved I would reach for the phone then be sad all over again when I remembered I couldn't talk to her anymore :( I still miss her but the pain does lessen. Because you are doing all you can for your mother, that will help when her time does come (let's hope it's a long way off) because you won't be feeling guilt on top of the sorrow. *hugs*
    I lost my dad 40 years ago. That was hard in a different way because I was a lot younger and the shock of losing him when he wasn't even 50 was added to the grief.
    I have my memories and the belief that I will see them again and that helps.

Dreams come true

Jared and Alexandra leave the others enjoying the reception and make their way to the honeymoon suite. They admire their shining golden rings and Jared wonders "Now, where is this present that Emily apparently got for me? Melee told me I was going to love it."

"How about you help me off with this dress and I will show you the present from Emily," Alexandra smiles at him and turns her back so he can help loosen the gown. It falls to the floor revealing Emily's gift.

Jared nods, "Yes, she is right I love it and I sure do love my wife wearing it. I've dreamed of you becoming my wife since the day I met you. I hope you will always know how much I love you. I will do my best to always show you just how much you are loved."

Jared gets a bit frisky and loves tickling his wife and one thing leads to another and they jump in the bed and love under the covers. They snuggle together after and Jared wraps his arms around Alexandra and whispers "I love you" as they both drift off to sleep, husband and wife happily cuddled together.
    27571339477_876ccc0b2b_c.jpg
    42441399271_c79bd22f61_c.jpg
    27571339077_05741054ab_c.jpg
    42441398891_ea16b950cb_c.jpg
    27571338607_d54af1bff2_c.jpg
    42441398631_a7a78de575_c.jpg
    28568361308_1694fe648d_c.jpg
    42441397981_4a481e1d01_c.jpg
    28568361028_4a78e28fda_c.jpg

(When I logged back in the game before I got the headline effects turned off this was Alexandra and Jared's dreams)
    41759774354_1422e402fb_c.jpg
    Yep! The wedding gift was a hit but I bet Jared wouldn't care if she were wearing a granny nightie :D
    I love the "get frisky" interaction and it was so cute seeing Jared and Alexandra doing it :)
    Glad you gave them rings to admire :) I find CAS (and Accessories in particular) painfully slow so it's very rare for my boys to have them as much as I would love it :(
    Blocks? Is she thinking of (or carrying) a baby? :)

@Mikezumi It can be very slow, but the good thing is I select cc only button and I don't have many cc accessories so that will load fairly fast. I got them added to the main outfits I have them wear. The wedding rings I use are cc.
    I love the get frisky action too and wish it was available to pick at other times.
    I have a feeling that she will get a new outfit about 12 hours after they go home! :wink:
    @bekkasan You use the mod that can't be mentioned, yes? If so, it can be available for you for all their lives :)

@Mikezumi I do have that mod, but, had not seen the interaction until after they were married. hmmm, may have to check into why it wasn't showing up. It might be that those settings didn't import properly. I'll check it and then see if Melee and Brian can get frisky. :) Thanks!
    hehe, figured you deserved to know first. I checked her status when I logged in and one of the risky's must of worked. :wink:
    I think it comes with the My Love buff so look for that in the settings.
    @Mikezumi Thanks! Got if fixed now. Will have to change that in all my saves. :)
    Found the waltz mod! http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1163/

Got the latest video posted! Now time to read...
    @bekkasan and @Mikezumi Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories and experiences. Sandy, your dad sounds wonderful. And your cranky mom was funny. One of my grandma's was cranky, very cranky, all her life. She had a stroke and was suddenly really nice! Weird, huh.

Love the new chapter. Can't wait to see that baby! With that combination of genetics, you can't lose. :)
    @bekkasan Are those venues in France or did you build them? If you built them, are they available for download? I might or might not be planning a wedding... o:)>:)
    @ZeeGee Thanks for the link :) I have bookmarked it but don't know if I will use it since it is for dance male/female dance partners.
    I will watch your video tonight - can't wait! :)
    @ZeeGee Thanks for the mod! I just downloaded it and will try it out this weekend for sure!
    The venue is one I built using the gondola stuff as well as lots of other stuff. It has tons of cc in it so had not planned on sharing it.
    I am on my way to your thread to watch the video as I drink my morning coffee!
    edited June 2018
    @Mikezumi Really? I’ll try that out and see what happens.

@bekkasan Ok, I’ll just make my own then. *dramatic sigh* ;) ETA: Oooh, I found an awesome one by Karritz
    Post edited by ZeeGee on

Love in the air

The romantic atmosphere of Champs Les Sims is the perfect place for a honeymoon.
    27623170477_a0a6c40fac_c.jpg

Or even a second honeymoon.
    40685822080_0a09377067_c.jpg
    40685821670_87156d240c_c.jpg

A place for young couples to renew their love.
    27623170207_3c9350770e_c.jpg
    27623170067_53a2489b0c_c.jpg
    41599481165_ae45020f86_c.jpg

A place for former couples to rediscover each other.
    42502299861_8ff0f39f32_c.jpg

The lovers enjoy romantic gondola rides around the canals of the gardens.
    40685818900_b85559a742_c.jpg
    41599481525_f2263946c1_c.jpg
    41599481315_b123f15c45_c.jpg
    41599476685_e139c33b83_c.jpg
    41599482825_71775c394f_c.jpg

For the more adventurous couples a romantic balloon ascent complete with complimentary nectar is enjoyed.
    28621031238_cf01e22de3_c.jpg
    28621029668_32ac0f8c14_c.jpg
    28621029568_cea432f917_c.jpg

Love is in the air! Love all the love. <3 Who was that with Matthew Hamming?!