Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loving in the Limelight

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

WooHoo

Saturday is a bit overcast, but still a nice day. Alexandra and Jared finish up some morning chores and training and then go to the beach for a few hours. They talk and listen to music as the sit on the blanket that Alexandra spread out across the sand. Jared surprises her with a sailboat ride up the river and back to the beach. It was beautiful on the water with the wind sending them flying across the waters. Alexandra takes a picture after they get back from the sail for her memory book. They sunbathe on the beach relaxing in the sunshine from the stresses of the week.
    39583590791_f4f12e53b0_c.jpg
    39583590891_edc679f5a8_c.jpg
    38687830545_2d07b0de7f_c.jpg
    39583590621_ea4f86e7a3_c.jpg
    38875225164_a40166af64_c.jpg
    24716299147_9219ab57be_c.jpg

Brian and Melee slept in from their late night. They both had celebrity tasks to perform and once they were finished they went to the Haunt where they could relax. They ordered some drinks and after finishing those they jammed on the stage for awhile.
    39554598332_9cbd86ca5c_c.jpg
    39554597892_333b186cc5_c.jpg

Melee got a text from Alexandra asking if they wanted to meet at the coffee house for dinner. They did and the four of them enjoyed a great meal and because of Jared's celebrity level it was free. Back to Waylon's Haunt they went. The boys played pool and the girls played juice pong and got a little bit juiced.
    25677482528_2fc83bb6bb_c.jpg
    25677481798_1c3935e5dd_c.jpg

Jared decided to try the newest toy at the Haunt and rides the bronco. Of course, the others have to try it as well and they all enjoy a rockin' ride.
    24680419667_da23ba24bb_c.jpg
    24680419477_ace82472b0_c.jpg
    25677480538_020197e13c_c.jpg
    25677480208_c8d13be936_c.jpg
    25677479888_febba7e734_c.jpg

Jared and Alexandra go upstairs to bed on arriving home. Melee and Brian decide to watch the stars. After watching the stars they head upstairs and instead of going to their separate rooms they head into Brian's room. WooHoo!
    24680417817_bf3522ee16_c.jpg
    24680416157_944e028bf1_c.jpg
    24680415687_ef945b6143_c.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited January 2018
    @bekkasan When I read the title of this chapter I got all excited thinking it was Jared and Alexandra who would woohoo!
    What a great day at the beach! A beach picnic, sail boating and sunbathing is a little too outdoorsy for my taste, but if I had someone like Jared taking me I would reconsider ;)
    Great pics of the bronco riding :D
    Congrats to Brian and Melee on their first (it is, isn't it?) woohoo :)
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • Options
    hehe, that wasn't a fair title was it? Yes, it was their first, I really wasn't expecting it, they usually part going up the stairs, but this time ended up in his room and bing bada bang......woohoo.
  • Options
    I'm surprised they waited this long! The moment my sims have autonomy, there's no stopping them! LOL
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited January 2018
    I'm behind but got one in - that gourmet picnic made my mouth water! Gotta go eat now, but that picture of Jared, pant pant. :)

Okay, I read one more, LOL at Jared looking at the creator. :D
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the comments. :) Even with autonomy I do control them if I want them working on specific skills or reading an autonomy book or an opportunity so I probably interrupt the autonomy too much. I just can't sit on my hands and watch.

@ZeeGee Thanks for the comments. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2018

New jobs and promotions

Brian and Melee doze and awaken in each others arms. They were a bit startled and gaze at each other in dismay. "We didn't?" Melee asks.
    "We did." Brian answers, a bit peeved that she does not seem to recall what he thought was an amazing experience. She grins at him and pokes his arm. "Of course we did. We've been dancing around each other for weeks now. This was bound to happen. Any regrets?" Brian looks at her and responds, "absolutely none. You?" Melee shakes her head, "No, you are amazing and it was better than I dreamed it would be." Brian puffs up with her compliments and pulls her close in his arms. "You were amazing, shall we?" "Absolutely," Melee nods and nuzzles his neck and pulls him to her in a passionate embrace.
    25677479618_717bd6134f_c.jpg
    24680417477_444815aee8_c.jpg
    25677478818_517599cd94_c.jpg

Melee is still entertaining at children's parties and decides that as much as she enjoys being a free spirit, it is not paying the bills. Nor is she getting better gigs from word of mouth. She is tired of dumpster diving. She does not mind collecting, but that is not what she wants to do the rest of her life. She signs up with an agency to help get more experience required by the proprietors before they will allow her to perform at their venues. She works hard and eventually gets a notification that she will be paid more. She will also get sent out for more sing-o-grams. Oh, joy she thinks. A writer sent her a song that he wrote for her after hearing her singing and playing guitar at the park. She plans to learn and perform 'Oogie Fever' later today at the park.
    39554592642_59d1213f29_c.jpg
    39696851721_8db8bc4ecd_c.jpg
    24716293557_4363340e66_c.jpg
    38987960544_4a257d969e_c.jpg

She decides to talk to the proprietor at the park to see if he will hire her. She dresses in one of her glitziest outfits. She wants to look like a star, not a starving artist. He lets her audition for him and he agrees to let her perform Thursday afternoon. (Creator is very impressed that the proprietor did not look anywhere but Melee's face while they were chatting. Wonders if @CravenLestat was able to do that!)
    39696851901_f033905a7c_c.jpg
    38987961284_77439a2d2e_c.jpg
    27918074949_78f884a8aa_c.jpg

Alexandra continues to work on improving her dancing as she wants to be a versatile actress able to play any part with the skills necessary. Jared works on his martial arts skills if he is going to have to continue to beat up burglars since this is not the safest neighborhood and they cannot afford to move at this point in their careers.
    38987959964_6d06027a1a_c.jpg
    27918074419_0cec36b702_c.jpg

They enjoy playing and jamming together as they both improve their musical skills. Alexandra starts her job and she and Jared read and study the scripts together, critiquing the scripts and Jared has many ideas for rewriting them to improve the scripts. Jared was recently promoted to production manager and he will soon have to choose between directing and acting. He still wants to be a director. He was paid a hefty bonus for assisting the mayor by producing a short film and speech for him, as well as doing a cameo in a play at the theater. He decides to build something that they all can enjoy and uses some of the money from the collecting and his bonus, and fences in part of the property and buys a hot tub. He and Alexandra are the first to enjoy the hot tub.
    39696852251_237fddd012_c.jpg
    38987961914_3eb01321b8_c.jpg
    38987961094_8b7ba9db75_c.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan Melee is very cute doing her sing-o-grams :) I'm sure she won't miss the bunny suit ;)
    Love the pic of Alexandra at the barre!
    It looks like everyone is progressing well in their careers. It won't be long before they are rolling in money and living in a mansion in a safer area :)
    I hope your sims can leave the hot tub alone. I had to put mine away :p
    Great update :)
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the comments. I think I'd rather have them in the hot tub then clubbing, but, I'm not a club hoping gal like I was while in nursing school. :wink:
  • Options

First show

Melee arrived early for her show. She set the stage with the help of a couple of stage hands. All her friends were working and wouldn't be able to come for the start of the show since it started so early in the afternoon. She was nervous and kinda glad they would not be there in case she really messed up. She spoke to the proprietor to try to calm her nerves and then changed in the rest rooms and got on the stage.
    27918074019_30e74f62c8_c.jpg

There were a few people in the park, a couple having a late lunch or early dinner. Another playing piano at the edge of the lot. The proprietor finally went over and asked her to stop. She started off the show with one of her favorite songs and as she started singing her nerves calmed and she went into her zone. All she cared about was the music and the song and having fun. It showed in her performance as the piano player moved closer to the stage and the couple sat on their picnic blanket and watched the show. Brian and Jared arrived and came right up to the stage to cheer her on. Alexandra arrived just in time for the finale of the show. She hurried on the stage and gave her a big hug congratulating her on a successful show. The reviews were in and report that a new star is on the horizon. The four of them were starving and had a celebratory dinner at the diner.
    38987959274_845fa4b79d_c.jpg
    38987958654_ed169443ef_c.jpg
    38987958274_2562cd2349_c.jpg
    38987957824_8abda786b6_c.jpg
    38987957524_b7e87f912f_c.jpg

They had all settled in bed when the alarm went off downstairs. Jared hurried down and was able to stop the burglar from making off with the computer and book case. The burglar tried to run off just as the police arrived and she and Jared had a knock down fight. Jared was successful in stopping her, but, he sustained a few injuries from those huge weapons (bo.obs) she has. The burglar is apparently unable to walk completely upright presumably also related to those assets of hers. The police were grateful to Jared for assisting with the capture...uh duh, he captured her period, no assisting to it. They sent a 500.00 simeolean check to him.
    (Creator thinks a 12 year old boy helped design the townies, bartenders, and homeless in Bridgeport as they all have huge and somewhat misshapen assets)
    38987957144_28242a29f1_c.jpg
    38987956644_86c9bc711e_c.jpg
    38987956184_b37f9f12cd_c.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan It looks like Melee's first performance went really well :) So happy everyone finally made it :)
    It's so true about the Bridgeport females! :o
    I'm glad Jared won and they didn't lose anything! Of course, I would be surprised if he lost although the game does throw random carp at us from time to time!
    Great update! Loved your description of the burglar :p
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments. :) hehe, a couple of the bartenders have been almost deformed looking they were so endowed. I thought a first it was the stripes on the shirt that made this burglar looks so funky, but, nope, it is just the assets. :)
  • Options

Moving?

After Jared was promoted to production manager he received a call from his agent telling him he needed to move to a penthouse apartment to go along with his new job and celebrity status. Jared has been to enough parties at those penthouse apartments to realize there is not even room to swing a cat, (why do people want to swing cats? I don't!) let alone have room to grow. Sheesh the last party at the Wogan's was ridiculous with one baby on the floor and two toddlers roaming around the apartment and you had to be careful not to step on them with all the adults invited.

He loves his brownstone and having Brian, Melee and especially Alexandra living with him over these last several months has been a wonderful experience. He grew up in a home with parents who were not present even when they were at home. When he was little he had a wing to himself with his nanny and valet who changed frequently as he parents did not believe in them being close. He only saw his parents for 30 minutes a day before they had dinner and not everyday at that. The house was filled with other servants who were not allowed to befriend him. He loves having a best friend like Brian to hang with and talk with. Melee with her singing and playing and cooking just makes the house a happy place to be. Alexandra, with her quiet smile and funny sense of humor and awesome kisses that he loves so much, makes the house a home that he has never had. He doesn't want to go back to living in a sham world that has no life in it.

He decides to talk it over with his friends and find out what they want too as they are getting famous and their careers are starting to soar. He asks everyone to meet him outside at the firepit. He lights a fire and tells his friends what is on his mind.
    24828098557_7873018a78_c.jpg

Brian told them that he had got a call from his agent as well. His agent explained that his recognition and status would be better with a more prestigious address. I told him I was not interested in moving, and that if someone didn't want to hire me based on my address then I don't want to work for that person anyway. "I might be a party animal and enjoy the night life, but, when I'm home, I want the stars over my head, not the city lights."
    38987954694_0872e395da_c.jpg

Melee explains that she did not get a call from her agent, but, as far as she is concerned they can keep their concrete apartments. She wants to live where trees grow, flowers bloom and the grass is green. She is perfectly happy here where she can jam in peace and feel the grass between her toes and has friends she can count on to help her when she needs help.
    38987954094_591574e500_c.jpg

Alexandra adds that she would prefer staying in the house also. She explains that she is not comfortable in the city and prefers living in the outskirts. "Someday, maybe we can afford a house in the country and would want to move, but this is a wonderful home and perfect for our needs now." Jared smiles happily at Alexandra and he knows that someday will come and they will have that house in the country to raise children. It will be awhile, after all, money does not grow on trees.
    Jared is happy that everyone's feelings mirror his. "So far we have been fortunate that the paparazzi avoid this area of town and rarely invade our privacy here. If that starts to happen we have enough funds set aside to build a fence around the entire property to keep them out. They would be more troublesome than the occasional burglar that we get."
    27918069679_b370dde685_c.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the comments. I think I'd rather have them in the hot tub then clubbing, but, I'm not a club hoping gal like I was while in nursing school. :wink:

You’re a NURSE?! That’s so exciting. Me too! Most of my colleagues think my simming addiction is ridiculous! And props to you for partying during nursing school. It’s tough B)

Okay, back to the story. Trying to get caught up...
  • Options
    Love these couples! Excited for Melee’s concert, though I found myself wishing I could hear it. Maybe next time?! Hint hint. ;) Glad they decided to stay in their cute country place. The city’s nice to visit but wouldn’t want to live there.

Bridgeport bo.obs: isn’t that the EP that added the bo.ob slider? Guess they decided to take full advantage.

@Mikezumi was wondering why I had missed throwing fish in the game until I realized you were just avoiding the censors :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @bekkasan What a COLD childhood! Poor Jared :'(
    Well, money does grow on trees ... at least in this game! LOL
    I do love the sound of a house in the country! :)
    Of course they want to stay where they are for now! It's a great brownstone and they are good friends - life is wonderful for them now!
    Post edited by Mikezumi on
  • Options
    @ZeeGee A lot of nurses I've worked with are not gamers. I dunno why? Silly nurses! You are a smart nurse. It is a great hobby for anyone, let alone nurses. :) Those bar hopping days are definitely gone. :) Mostly was just on Friday or Saturday nights.
    Thanks for the comments. I need to find a how to do video's for dummies video. I have no clue how to do video's. I'm not sure hubby's puter could handle much more in it right now. So perhaps when I get my new one. I do believe that was the bo.ob slider addition to the game.

• Options
    @mikezumi I'm sorry I missed your comment earlier. I didn't refresh this page until I was getting ready to put in a few pics.
    Thanks for the comments. Hehe...I kinda figured you would pick up on the tree comment. :) Usually my humans don't have money trees, but, it is tempting since the whole concept is fantasy anyway. :) No one is interested in gardening except Melee (Craven had her at level 7 when he put her on exchange) and I don't want her to worry about that. She has enough to do to learn all her instruments and find a few rocks to sell each day. Maybe if someone just happens to run across one that would be different. They have started getting those lovely gifts in the mail from companies so she will be able to quit collecting rocks soon. Jared has made several investments locally for additional income.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @ZeeGee A lot of nurses I've worked with are not gamers. I dunno why? Silly nurses! You are a smart nurse. It is a great hobby for anyone, let alone nurses. :) Those bar hopping days are definitely gone. :) Mostly was just on Friday or Saturday nights.
    Thanks for the comments. I need to find a how to do video's for dummies video. I have no clue how to do video's. I'm not sure hubby's puter could handle much more in it right now. So perhaps when I get my new one. I do believe that was the bo.ob slider addition to the game.

It IS a great hobby for nurses! It’s the only thing that can switch my brain off work. :)

To video all you have to do is press the ‘v’ key on your keyboard! Then if you have a YouTube account, upload it from your Sims 3 folder. That’s how I started about a year ago with a 20 second video of a sim on the catwalk. You learn as you go.
  • Options

@zeegee I did not know it was that easy! I'll have to see if I have an account.
    Sims has been a great way to veg out when I need to just chill.

• Options

Winding roads

Jared decides to practice his meditation after the others went to bed. He finds such inner peace he is able to zenport. He zenports up to his room and goes to sleep.
    38879523945_fd2c135316_c.jpg

Melee auditions for a gig at the coffee shop and he tells her to get more experience. She goes back to the park and auditions there. He tells her to get more experience! She already played his park once and had an awesome review. Silly proprietors! She is feeling so bummed she totally blows one of her Sing-o-gram songs. She has three more Sing-o-grams and the clients are all hanging around outside the business office. She sings all three songs successfully and advances a level with the last one.
    38987955484_6fef7e42fe_c.jpg
    38987954834_98657bbc70_c.jpg
    38879523875_0ed488cfc5_c.jpg
    24908335737_54a5c1fe30_c.jpg
    38879523175_1ae94773b3_c.jpg
    24908335307_91ca31fdeb_c.jpg

Jared and Alexandra come by after work and shared an appetizer and watch Melee as she sings.
    24908336077_001e1fec43_c.jpg

Bryan went by Waylon's and rode the bronco. The bronco busted poor Bryan.
    38879523505_6ac52a50b3_c.jpg

Melee decides to go back and audition at the coffee shop once more. All he can do is tell me more experience again she thinks to herself. This time she must have impressed him as he assigned her a time to perform a show. While chatting with him Bryan came by and thought that Rocky Tanker was standing a bit too close to his girl. Melee started telling him about the show and Bryan takes her in his arms with an amorous embrace to let Rocky know Melee is his girl.
    38879522765_f560ec3993_c.jpg
    24908334877_a2cd541d01_c.jpg
    24908334747_b0d2b0f443_c.jpg

Jared and Alexandra both had wishes to play guitar in the park. They perform an impromptu guitar concert and before they left made 103 simoleons.
    24908334117_19f2a35fca_c.jpg

Jared decides he wants to show Alexandra a place he found when he first came to Bridgeport. "Lets go for a drive. Have you been up in the hills yet?" he asks.
    "Just as far as Mick's place," Alexandra tells him.
    They ride across the bridge and up the winding roads. The trees thicken and the houses are fewer and more isolated. Jared slows as they reach the last curve and in front of them is a large rustic log cabin lodge that is nestled between the mountains, a beautiful lake behind, a pool in front.
    "It's beautiful!" Alexandra exclaims.
    "It was a resort, but, has never really done very well. Mismanaged I believe. Lets go around back and you can see the lake. I explored these hills when I first came to Bridgeport and fished some in the lake as well."
    24934112097_ab14b753b2_c.jpg
    39772690512_9557b66dc5_c.jpg
    24934111517_e6701c0f1e_c.jpg

Bryan and Melee go home after she finishes talking with the proprietor. He invites Melee to enjoy some private time in the hot tub.
    39771892482_4a9f968903_c.jpg
    25931165038_c5e172f5fd_c.jpg
    38904462135_2c8df66f2b_c.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan The only time I see my sims reach that level of meditating is when they are dead and the ghosts meditate when they arrive stressed! In the early days of playing WA I did let a few get that far but mostly I don't like my sims idle for that long so release them to do their own thing.
    Bronson Littler! I always had a soft spot for him! One of my favourite sims is a son of his :)
    How silly that the proprietor told Melee to get more experience!
    Poor Bryan, although his face doesn't look that upset about falling off!
    Finally, the proprietor sees the light! Congrats! And good for Bryan staking his claim :)
    What a lovely spot Jared showed Alexandra! Great place for romantic getaways! :)
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thanks for the comments. :) hehe, Bryan was showing off big time and the last trick he tried got him tossed. I laughed so loud hubby woke up from his cat nap.
    I think you will like my next set of pics and story. :)
  • Options

Time

Jared shows her around the back of the lodge and they walk over to the lake and Jared takes her hands. "It is so beautiful here. I had to share this place with you."
    "It is beautiful. The sun is setting and the golden glow is awesome." Alexandra takes a few pictures with her camera to capture the beauty of the area and then turns the camera on her and Jared and they kiss as she snaps the picture.
    24935278357_49823c9c54_c.jpg
    38906672435_d51b74b92c_c.jpg
    24935278077_b090e12151_c.jpg

Jared feeling very romantic in the beautiful setting takes her hand and spins her in a dip kiss. Alexandra heart is beating rapidly from the passion in his kiss. He lifts her in his arms and she wraps herself around him and they kiss as the sun sets behind them throwing shadows from the mountains around them.
    28027068249_ebff9d43e3_c.jpg
    28027068069_329b6668db_c.jpg
    39805620971_8338b7541f_c.jpg
    39805620571_cf433424d7_c.jpg

Jared reluctantly releases her and they walk to the bench and cuddle together and talk and kiss and kiss and talk. "I want to buy this property if I can convince the owner to sell it. Well, I know I can't afford it yet. I've made a few investments in town in our names and once they start paying off I might be able to make an offer on it. It would make a nice resort if fixed up and managed properly, or even a home if renovated properly." He looks at Alexandra expectantly.
    Alexandra blushes and agrees it would be an awesome setting to build a home. She didn't even mention a resort he notices.
    It is late and both are getting tired. They reluctantly leave and head back to the house.
    39805620461_67b35dbdda_c.jpg
    39805620201_2f44756b84_c.jpg

Jared and Alexandra say goodnight outside her room. He goes to his and she to hers.
    38906671605_7734f9f757_c.jpg

As he was finishing changing his clothes he hears a soft knock at the door. "Are you asleep yet?", Alexandra calls out.
    "No, come in. Are you ok?" he asks concerned that she may not be feeling well. First thing he notices is she looks just fine. As a matter of fact she looks gorgeous and sexy in a nightgown he has not seen before. She usually wears pj's.
    "I'm fine. I wanted to talk, well, not talk really, I wanted to let you know that, well..." her voice cracks and she stutters and sighs. She starts again determinedly. "I want us to have a full relationship. I'm ready. I don't want to wait any longer. I can't stand sleeping in my bed by myself and dreaming about you and wanting you with me." She looks at him to see his reaction to her words.
    24935276007_1de92b9e1f_c.jpg
    39805619051_02d10d3f87_c.jpg

Jared reaches out and touches her face. "I've been waiting to hear you say this. You are sure? There will be no going back. I love you and want you with me always." She touches his hand. "I love you. This is what I want. We belong together."
    Jared takes her in his arms with a passionate kiss pours his feelings out. They end up on the bed, cuddled together, kissing wildly and soon under the covers sharing their love.
    24935275657_d7fa0abfa7_c.jpg
    28027065849_2761a8933c_c.jpg
    28027065739_5d65a78204_c.jpg
    24935273267_b578315dea_c.jpg
    38906670315_25687bed10_c.jpg
    39772690282_b4cb3b0781_c.jpg

Jared wakes up and finds Alexandra standing at the foot of the bed watching him. He jumps up and hugs her tightly kissing her. "It wasn't a dream." He maneuvers her back in the bed and tells her "Lets skip work and spend the day in bed." "Brilliant idea!" she answers. They dive back under the covers.
    28027065099_9a5f6f0638_c.jpg
    24935272717_12cf60ee4c_c.jpg
  • Options
    @bekkasan All those passionate kisses! <3
    It would be the perfect place for them!!!!
    Go girl!
    Woohoo! And you got feets! <3
    Definitely deserving of a celebratory day off work :p