Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best Pc / Laptop to play the sims 4 with best grahpics?

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    DaissyD wrote: »
    Hello everyone! :)

I currently play sims 4 on my PC, but I study in a different country and I travel a lot. I want to invest in a good laptop which would allow me to play the game with all expansion packs and custom content smoothly with no lags, but also be able to record it at the same time for videos.

Do you have any recommendations?

And do you think this one would be good - Gaming ASUS ROG GL553VE-FY022, Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ 3.80 GHz, Kaby Lake, 15.6", Full HD, 8GB, 1TB, DVD-RW, nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Endless OS, Black

Thank you all in advance :)

Asus ROG makes a good gaming laptop. Always do research on the web for reviews of the specific model your looking to purchase. That laptop meets requirements to run the whole game and should run on ultra. We can only tell you if a computer meets requirements or not. What we can't tell you is if you will get no lag or game bugs that could effect your game play. As far as recording while gaming, you would need to ask someone who records while gaming who might have similar computer specs.
  • Bhawkins0402Bhawkins0402 Posts: 75 Member
    Hello all - my laptop is going on 5 or so years old, so its time to upgrade! Was thinking about getting the below laptop (first link) . Would it run Sims 4 okay? I currently have all EPs, GPs, and SPs with the exception of Toddler Stuff, Vampires, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, and Cats & Dogs. I would pretty much only be playing Sims 4 on this laptop, with the occasional Netflix movie here and there. Also, it would be nice if I could get Cats & Dogs, but it's not the end of the world if it won't run it. I think my second option (second link) would run it all, but is more out of my price range. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Aspire-E5-575-72N3-15-6-Full-HD-7th-Gen-Intel-Core-i7-7500U-8GB-DDR4-1TB-HDD-Windows-10-Home/568834734

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-Gaming-Laptop-15-6-FHD-Screen-Intel-core-i7-7700hq-2-8-3-8-GHZ-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-Graphic-Card-8GB-DDR4-Memory-1TB-HDD-80WK00T2US/366996887
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    edited February 2018
    I would not get the first laptop as it may play the game now (at lower settings) there is no telling when you might not be able to play any more, even a patch can mess up some people playing on underpowered computers and thus having to get yet another new computer and you just wasted money on that computer that has became useless. The 2nd laptop is fine however some other people on here have said that Lenovo laptops can have bad cooling so there may be better options out there like Asus or MSI but you will still probably be fine with it anyways.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
    Hello all - my laptop is going on 5 or so years old, so its time to upgrade! Was thinking about getting the below laptop (first link) . Would it run Sims 4 okay? I currently have all EPs, GPs, and SPs with the exception of Toddler Stuff, Vampires, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, and Cats & Dogs. I would pretty much only be playing Sims 4 on this laptop, with the occasional Netflix movie here and there. Also, it would be nice if I could get Cats & Dogs, but it's not the end of the world if it won't run it. I think my second option (second link) would run it all, but is more out of my price range. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Aspire-E5-575-72N3-15-6-Full-HD-7th-Gen-Intel-Core-i7-7500U-8GB-DDR4-1TB-HDD-Windows-10-Home/568834734

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-Gaming-Laptop-15-6-FHD-Screen-Intel-core-i7-7700hq-2-8-3-8-GHZ-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-Graphic-Card-8GB-DDR4-Memory-1TB-HDD-80WK00T2US/366996887

The first laptop does not meet requirements. It may have issues running the game. It is not designed to run this game. It is designed for light computer tasks.

The second meets requirements
  • Bhawkins0402Bhawkins0402 Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2018
    cale2003 wrote: »
    I would not get the first laptop as it may play the game now (at lower settings) there is no telling when you might not be able to play any more, even a patch can mess up some people playing on underpowered computers and thus having to get yet another new computer and you just wasted money on that computer that has became useless. The 2nd laptop is fine however some other people on here have said that Lenovo laptops can have bad cooling so there may be better options out there like Asus or MSI but you will still probably be fine with it anyways.

Thanks @cale2003 and @phoebebebe13 How about the one below? It sucks because the Acer Aspire I have now runs the game okay, albeit a little slow (but I think that's more due to old age as it ran fine the first couple years). I just wish I didn't have to spend so much money for one game.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-ROG-Strix-GL553VD-15-6-Gaming-Laptop-GTX-1050-4GB-Intel-Core-i7-7700HQ-16GB-DDR4-1TB-7200RPM-HDD-RGB-Keyboard/864583913
    cale2003 wrote: »

Thanks @cale2003 and @phoebebebe13 How about the one below? It plum because the Acer Aspire I have now runs the game okay, albeit a little slow (but I think that's more due to old age as it ran fine the first couple years). I just wish I didn't have to spend so much money for one game.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-ROG-Strix-GL553VD-15-6-Gaming-Laptop-GTX-1050-4GB-Intel-Core-i7-7700HQ-16GB-DDR4-1TB-7200RPM-HDD-RGB-Keyboard/864583913

Asus Rog have much better cooling
  • DaissyDDaissyD Posts: 2 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > DaissyD wrote: »
    >
    > Hello everyone! :)
    >
    > I currently play sims 4 on my PC, but I study in a different country and I travel a lot. I want to invest in a good laptop which would allow me to play the game with all expansion packs and custom content smoothly with no lags, but also be able to record it at the same time for videos.
    >
    > Do you have any recommendations?
    >
    > And do you think this one would be good - Gaming ASUS ROG GL553VE-FY022, Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ 3.80 GHz, Kaby Lake, 15.6", Full HD, 8GB, 1TB, DVD-RW, nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Endless OS, Black
    >
    > Thank you all in advance :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Asus ROG makes a good gaming laptop. Always do research on the web for reviews of the specific model your looking to purchase. That laptop meets requirements to run the whole game and should run on ultra. We can only tell you if a computer meets requirements or not. What we can't tell you is if you will get no lag or game bugs that could effect your game play. As far as recording while gaming, you would need to ask someone who records while gaming who might have similar computer specs.

Thank you for the help! :)
    DaissyD wrote: »
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > DaissyD wrote: »
    >
    > Hello everyone! :)
    >
    > I currently play sims 4 on my PC, but I study in a different country and I travel a lot. I want to invest in a good laptop which would allow me to play the game with all expansion packs and custom content smoothly with no lags, but also be able to record it at the same time for videos.
    >
    > Do you have any recommendations?
    >
    > And do you think this one would be good - Gaming ASUS ROG GL553VE-FY022, Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ 3.80 GHz, Kaby Lake, 15.6", Full HD, 8GB, 1TB, DVD-RW, nVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Endless OS, Black
    >
    > Thank you all in advance :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Asus ROG makes a good gaming laptop. Always do research on the web for reviews of the specific model your looking to purchase. That laptop meets requirements to run the whole game and should run on ultra. We can only tell you if a computer meets requirements or not. What we can't tell you is if you will get no lag or game bugs that could effect your game play. As far as recording while gaming, you would need to ask someone who records while gaming who might have similar computer specs.

Thank you for the help! :)

Your very welcome
  • EllenstorrsEllenstorrs Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey guys! I need help and fast. I’m going to get a new laptop because my old one has broken. My dad says I can have a Lenovo laptop but which ones can run the sims smoothly with mods and a lot of cc? I’m not good at specs so it won’t help to tell me what specs a pc needs for it to run ts4. I was looking at the Lenovo thinkpad L470. It has core i7 and 16 gb of ram. 1929x1080 graphics. AMD Radeon R5 M439/ Intel HD Graphics 620 and I think 2gb of video ram. I also need to be able to use word and all of that for schoolwork. Is this possible? Thanks xxx
    Hey guys! I need help and fast. I’m going to get a new laptop because my old one has broken. My dad says I can have a Lenovo laptop but which ones can run the sims smoothly with mods and a lot of cc? I’m not good at specs so it won’t help to tell me what specs a pc needs for it to run ts4. I was looking at the Lenovo thinkpad L470. It has core i7 and 16 gb of ram. 1929x1080 graphics. AMD Radeon R5 M439/ Intel HD Graphics 620 and I think 2gb of video ram. I also need to be able to use word and all of that for schoolwork. Is this possible? Thanks xxx

Lenovo thinkpads are not designed for gaming or running this game. I also can't find the lenovo l470 with the specs you posted.

You need on laptop for this game specs below

Video card Nvidia GTX 960m, 970m, 1050, 1050 ti or 1060.

Processor you need an i5 or i7 intel quad core. The intel quad core will have "HQ" or "MQ" after the series numbers . You do not want a "U" processor. those are only dual core

ram 8 gb

hard drive space 500 gb or more

windows 64 bit

• SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    Hello i'm looking into buying a new desktop and i'd like help finding one that can run all Sims 4 expansion, game and stuff packs on Ultra and Sims 3 with all packs without lag and crashing and on high settings because I want to try it out. I don't even have an idea of where to start so any assistance would be great.
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Ellenstorrs wrote: »
    >
    > Hey guys! I need help and fast. I’m going to get a new laptop because my old one has broken. My dad says I can have a Lenovo laptop but which ones can run the sims smoothly with mods and a lot of cc? I’m not good at specs so it won’t help to tell me what specs a pc needs for it to run ts4. I was looking at the Lenovo thinkpad L470. It has core i7 and 16 gb of ram. 1929x1080 graphics. AMD Radeon R5 M439/ Intel HD Graphics 620 and I think 2gb of video ram. I also need to be able to use word and all of that for schoolwork. Is this possible? Thanks xxx
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lenovo thinkpads are not designed for gaming or running this game. I also can't find the lenovo l470 with the specs you posted.
    >
    >
    > You need on laptop for this game specs below
    >
    > Video card Nvidia GTX 960m, 970m, 1050, 1050 ti or 1060.
    >
    > Processor you need an i5 or i7 intel quad core. The intel quad core will have "HQ" or "MQ" after the series numbers . You do not want a "U" processor. those are only dual core
    >
    > ram 8 gb
    >
    > hard drive space 500 gb or more
    >
    > windows 64 bit

Hi again, but would a Lenovo legion Y520 GTX , Core i7, 265gb ssd, 8gb of RAM, 1929x1080 graphics work
    I tried to post a link but it didn’t let me..
  • dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    @Ellenstorrs
    Hi, I recently bought the Lenovo Legion Y520 too. Except I went for the one that has an i5 processor but also a 1TB hdd in addition to a 128 ssd drive. It runs the Sims 4 perfectly on ultra settings, and I'm really really glad for that extra storage on the 1TB hdd. So I'd recommend this one, with more storage. I made sure to put the Sims 4 and its folder on the second bigger harddrive.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Ellenstorrs wrote: »
    >
    > Hey guys! I need help and fast. I’m going to get a new laptop because my old one has broken. My dad says I can have a Lenovo laptop but which ones can run the sims smoothly with mods and a lot of cc? I’m not good at specs so it won’t help to tell me what specs a pc needs for it to run ts4. I was looking at the Lenovo thinkpad L470. It has core i7 and 16 gb of ram. 1929x1080 graphics. AMD Radeon R5 M439/ Intel HD Graphics 620 and I think 2gb of video ram. I also need to be able to use word and all of that for schoolwork. Is this possible? Thanks xxx
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lenovo thinkpads are not designed for gaming or running this game. I also can't find the lenovo l470 with the specs you posted.
    >
    >
    > You need on laptop for this game specs below
    >
    > Video card Nvidia GTX 960m, 970m, 1050, 1050 ti or 1060.
    >
    > Processor you need an i5 or i7 intel quad core. The intel quad core will have "HQ" or "MQ" after the series numbers . You do not want a "U" processor. those are only dual core
    >
    > ram 8 gb
    >
    > hard drive space 500 gb or more
    >
    > windows 64 bit

Hi again, but would a Lenovo legion Y520 GTX , Core i7, 265gb ssd, 8gb of RAM, 1929x1080 graphics work
    I tried to post a link but it didn’t let me..

@Ellenstorrs What is the video card? does it have two hard drives? 256 gb ssd plus a 1 tb? You will need two hard drives . @dopaminedroid the i7 is better than the i5 and the 256 gb ssd is better than 128. Always get a larger ssd when you can . I would never get a computer with only 128 gb ssd on c drive

There have been reports of Lenovo Y series having heat issues Do your research before deciding to buy . There are better laptop companies out there .

• dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    edited February 2018
    @phoebebebe13
    I know a i7 is better than a i5, but an i5 quad core is still fine, while only a 256 harddrive is not enough, just like you said earlier. I did research and read and watched several reviews of several laptops and their parts, and I bought this laptop based on the specs I was recommended on this forum. No one specified the c drive had to be bigger and people said it was fine to relocate stuff to the second drive, so I went with it. I did not find any issues with this laptop except some people disliked the numberpad placement and the battery life. I only found battery heating issues with the Thinkpad series, not the Legion. There are better gaming laptop companies, of course, but those charge more for the same or lower specs, and for a lot of people it's not justifiable to to spend hundreds more of their money when a cheaper option is available and fine too. Laptops with both a 265 ssd and an additional hdd cost quite a bit more, I found. I know Dell has an affordable Inspiron with the 1TB hdd (no ssd), while most seem to have just a ssd now with not a lot of storage, when I was browsing a bunch of brands and stores in this range. Not every laptop is available everywhere and for the same price either (and in store versus online). I made my choice based on specs, price, reviews, and local availability. It cost me €1,000 plus monthly insurance here, probably cheaper in the US. This laptop appears to be great for what I need it for (and it seems similar to what @Ellenstorrs is going to use it for, also taking into account their dad's preference for Lenovo, that's why I shared my experience), if someone needs and can afford a better one, that's great, go for it, and I'll be a bit jealous. So far I'm really happy, though. I'm not a connoisseur, but his is my experience with all the browsing and researching I did.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
    edited February 2018
    @dopaminedroid Bigger is always better when it comes to SSD especially if someone is using programs that take advantage of the SSD. I have two hard drives. One is a 256 gb SSD on both my laptop and desktop. I play the sims 3 on my SSD. The sims 3 takes advantage of the SSD while the sims 4 does not.I find 256 gb SSD to be small and wish I had a 500 gb SSD . I do have to transfer game files over to my 1tb hard drive while gaming on the 256 gb ssd. I personally would not get a 128 gb SSD on C drive It's too small for me and maybe some others who need a larger SSD. SSD hard drives have come down in price since I bought mine. My laptop is now 3 years old and my desktop 2 years old.

If people ask us for a laptop we will go find laptops in the person's budget and post the best hardware for the price. If people have a lower budget, they may get a smaller 128 gb SSD on c drive. If it was me, I would save a little extra money to be able to afford a larger SSD. I would advise anyone to do that should they need the larger SSD. Not everyone needs the larger SSD and can get by with a small ssd on c drive and have the second 1 tb hard drive.

I know in the past some lenovo's Y series have had heating issues. They make them with different hardware so one might be better than the other. Your laptop might be fine on heating while a different Y model with different hardware might get heating issues. Why I warn people to check the specific model they are interesting in buying for possible issues.

Your posting pounds. I do know the USA sells the cheapest gaming computers compared to other countries. We also have the best variety in choosing gaming computers. The UK is not far behind the USA. Other countries do not have the availability of many computers to choose from so their prices will be higher. For about or a little over 1000 pounds you could have bought a custom laptop which is the best way to go where you pick out your own hardware and it's certified not generic. Custom is always best. This is where you can get a 256-500 gb SSD on C drive for a much better price than a massed produced laptop off the shelf.

In the end, As long as you bought a laptop that suits needs , that is what matters most

@Ellenstorrs wants a lenovo. Some people have to stick to a certain brand , though i don't agree with this. Especially if they're in the USA or UK they would have better options overall. They just need to be aware if the laptop only has one hard drive , it will not suit their needs. If they have a 256 gb SSD plus the 1 tb hard drive, it would be fine. We have seen a few people who have bought laptops on the cheaper end. All the hardware meets requirements however they only come with one 256 gb ssd which in the end they have issues trying to run the game on. Windows 10 needs room to run and so do other programs besides the game.

Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
  • SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    I was hoping someone could tell me if this PC will be able to run Sims 4 with all packs installed and also Sims 3 with all packs on high settings smoothly?

CyberPowerPC - Gamer Xtreme VR Desktop - Intel Core i5-7400 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive
    Windows 10 operating system
    7th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-7400 processor
    8GB system memory RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics
    2133 megahertz RAM speed

I was hoping someone could tell me if this PC will be able to run Sims 4 with all packs installed and also Sims 3 with all packs on high settings smoothly?

CyberPowerPC - Gamer Xtreme VR Desktop - Intel Core i5-7400 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - 1TB Hard Drive
    Windows 10 operating system
    7th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-7400 processor
    8GB system memory RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics
    2133 megahertz RAM speed

It meets requirements to play both games and should play on ultra. We can only tell you if a computer meets requirements or not. We can not tell you if the games will run smooth with no issues due to game bugs etc.
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > @dopaminedroid Bigger is always better when it comes to SSD especially if someone is using programs that take advantage of the SSD. I have two hard drives. One is a 256 gb SSD on both my laptop and desktop. I play the sims 3 on my SSD. The sims 3 takes advantage of the SSD while the sims 4 does not.I find 256 gb SSD to be small and wish I had a 500 gb SSD . I do have to transfer game files over to my 1tb hard drive while gaming on the 256 gb ssd. I personally would not get a 128 gb SSD on C drive It's too small for me and maybe some others who need a larger SSD. SSD hard drives have come down in price since I bought mine. My laptop is now 3 years old and my desktop 2 years old.
    >
    > If people ask us for a laptop we will go find laptops in the person's budget and post the best hardware for the price. If people have a lower budget, they may get a smaller 128 gb SSD on c drive. If it was me, I would save a little extra money to be able to afford a larger SSD. I would advise anyone to do that should they need the larger SSD. Not everyone needs the larger SSD and can get by with a small ssd on c drive and have the second 1 tb hard drive.
    >
    > I know in the past some lenovo's Y series have had heating issues. They make them with different hardware so one might be better than the other. Your laptop might be fine on heating while a different Y model with different hardware might get heating issues. Why I warn people to check the specific model they are interesting in buying for possible issues.
    >
    > Your posting pounds. I do know the USA sells the cheapest gaming computers compared to other countries. We also have the best variety in choosing gaming computers. The UK is not far behind the USA. Other countries do not have the availability of many computers to choose from so their prices will be higher. For about or a little over 1000 pounds you could have bought a custom laptop which is the best way to go where you pick out your own hardware and it's certified not generic. Custom is always best. This is where you can get a 256-500 gb SSD on C drive for a much better price than a massed produced laptop off the shelf.
    >
    > In the end, As long as you bought a laptop that suits needs , that is what matters most
    >
    > @Ellenstorrs wants a lenovo. Some people have to stick to a certain brand , though i don't agree with this. Especially if they're in the USA or UK they would have better options overall. They just need to be aware if the laptop only has one hard drive , it will not suit their needs. If they have a 256 gb SSD plus the 1 tb hard drive, it would be fine. We have seen a few people who have bought laptops on the cheaper end. All the hardware meets requirements however they only come with one 256 gb ssd which in the end they have issues trying to run the game on. Windows 10 needs room to run and so do other programs besides the game.

It says on the website that it has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti / Intel HD Graphics 630. I can’t post the link and it’s also a Swedish website so that wouldn’t really help. The reason I need a Lenovo is because it’s the only brand I’m allowed to buy... (because my dad says so and idk why)
    @dopaminedroid @phoebebebe13 I’m sorry I can’t post the link but it’s in Swedish... Thanks for all the help :smile: :)
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > @dopaminedroid Bigger is always better when it comes to SSD especially if someone is using programs that take advantage of the SSD. I have two hard drives. One is a 256 gb SSD on both my laptop and desktop. I play the sims 3 on my SSD. The sims 3 takes advantage of the SSD while the sims 4 does not.I find 256 gb SSD to be small and wish I had a 500 gb SSD . I do have to transfer game files over to my 1tb hard drive while gaming on the 256 gb ssd. I personally would not get a 128 gb SSD on C drive It's too small for me and maybe some others who need a larger SSD. SSD hard drives have come down in price since I bought mine. My laptop is now 3 years old and my desktop 2 years old.
    >
    > If people ask us for a laptop we will go find laptops in the person's budget and post the best hardware for the price. If people have a lower budget, they may get a smaller 128 gb SSD on c drive. If it was me, I would save a little extra money to be able to afford a larger SSD. I would advise anyone to do that should they need the larger SSD. Not everyone needs the larger SSD and can get by with a small ssd on c drive and have the second 1 tb hard drive.
    >
    > I know in the past some lenovo's Y series have had heating issues. They make them with different hardware so one might be better than the other. Your laptop might be fine on heating while a different Y model with different hardware might get heating issues. Why I warn people to check the specific model they are interesting in buying for possible issues.
    >
    > Your posting pounds. I do know the USA sells the cheapest gaming computers compared to other countries. We also have the best variety in choosing gaming computers. The UK is not far behind the USA. Other countries do not have the availability of many computers to choose from so their prices will be higher. For about or a little over 1000 pounds you could have bought a custom laptop which is the best way to go where you pick out your own hardware and it's certified not generic. Custom is always best. This is where you can get a 256-500 gb SSD on C drive for a much better price than a massed produced laptop off the shelf.
    >
    > In the end, As long as you bought a laptop that suits needs , that is what matters most
    >
    > @Ellenstorrs wants a lenovo. Some people have to stick to a certain brand , though i don't agree with this. Especially if they're in the USA or UK they would have better options overall. They just need to be aware if the laptop only has one hard drive , it will not suit their needs. If they have a 256 gb SSD plus the 1 tb hard drive, it would be fine. We have seen a few people who have bought laptops on the cheaper end. All the hardware meets requirements however they only come with one 256 gb ssd which in the end they have issues trying to run the game on. Windows 10 needs room to run and so do other programs besides the game.

It says on the website that it has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti / Intel HD Graphics 630. I can’t post the link and it’s also a Swedish website so that wouldn’t really help. The reason I need a Lenovo is because it’s the only brand I’m allowed to buy... (because my dad says so and idk why)

The video card is fine. Just make sure you have another 1tb hard drive to go with a 256 gb SSD.
  • CMekiCMeki Posts: 4 New Member
    @Ellenstorrs
    Hej! While you're getting great help from some really awesome people here, I just had to comment when I read your post. If you want help in Swedish, you can get great help at either the Swedish The Sims forum (just change to Sverige in the right top corner of this site). On the Swedish forum you can also post links and pictures even if you are a new member. Another option is Swedish EA Answers HQ - which also has a the Sims board. (and you can post links)
    answers.ea.com
    If you are not redirected to the Swedish forum automatically there is a link on the English front page, then you can choose the correct board in the left top corner. :) If you choose the wrong one I'll find you anyway :)

If there is something you're unsure of and want me to double check the computer, I check both forums several times a day! I can also help you with what would be the best per price range on Swedish store pages, wherever you want to but it :)
    @CMek @Ellenstorrs

If someone posts the specs in Swedish or a link to the computer , we can still read the specs. I think user @WiggleyTuff is in Sweden and user chesterbigbird is better at finding computer webs in other countries .
    @phoebebebe13 (even though they do not work for me)

Yes, I know (I read DxDiags in different languages every day, the language is just a minor thing, I know), but if she can't post a link as a new member that does not really help. Also, getting support in your first language can be a lot easier, especially if you're not very tech savvy. :)
    I am a helper at AHQ (just like you are one here) and help many simmers every day with their tech issues over there, mostly at the English boards though, because fewer people post at the Swedish one. But IF she is Swedish, and IF she would prefer support in Swedish, I just wanted to tell her that she can get the same quality of support in Swedish. No matter how good you are at reading tech specs you cannot give her that :)
    Yeah sure if WiggleyTuff is swedish, they can, but we still do not allow other languages on here so she'd still be forced to change to the Swedish version of the forum :) Where WigglyTuff is >very< welcome to come by from time to time! :smiley:
    Oh, I can't even use smileys? xD
    Haha, why do we have a button for them then, lol ^^
    (you don't have to answer that, just thought it was funny)