Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Story of Oscar and Louise

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm excited - happy - Oscar is now a TEEN!!!!!!!

Screenshot-478.jpg

Screenshot-479.jpg

Screenshot-480.jpg

Oscars-Party001.jpg

Oscar-Teen001.jpg

I usually run with the hair and outfit they get on aging up until I decide if I can live with it or not. In Oscar's case I was prepared to keep the hair but the outfit had to go. So before he grabbed his piece of cake he had an emergency visit to Stylist. He got 2 everyday outfits and the rest of his outfits were chosen while keeping in mind his future is to become a Rock Star even though he still doesn't have a lifetime wish.

On emerging from Stylist I managed to save successfully. Shut down and reloaded so as to avoid Error 12 next time I save.

Oscar grabbed his piece of cake and went off to eat it. Everyone else stood around the cake and I left them to decide who will get cake and who will have to settle for the buffet.

It was taking quite a while for them to work it out. Then I was stunned to see Gaylord solve the problem. He picked up the whole cake and put it away in the fridge. I've never seen that happen before. It's all going to be in the video when I put it together.

Of course this means Oscar and Eric and Susanne are about to leave the boarding school and start their adventures. There won't be any more Oscar's Childhood videos as Oscar is no longer a child. The next set of videos will probably be Oscar's Teens. Or something similar.

Happy Simming all.
    The first episode of Oscar's Teen Years has been loaded to YouTube and is now available for you to watch.

https://youtu.be/KGMWmvl2m7M

Hopefully it won't be recommended for toddlers only by YouTube.

In this video two of the Children in the Boarding School age up to teen. Jeanette Bright and Oscar.

Jeanettes-Birthday001.jpg

Jeanettes-Birthday003.jpg

Jeanette had to age up first because she was older than Oscar.

Oscar gets a guitar for his birthday and plays us out at the end of the video.
    Screenshot-479.jpg

Screenshot-478.jpg

Two of the teens learn to drive. Several of the sims get some very lucrative wishes to improve their gardening skills so there is a renewed interest in gardening. This doesn't take much time up in the video but does result in the garden reducing in size and barren plants are removed and I think Error 12s are becoming less frequent.

Where to from here with this story...

I expect the next episode to be mostly at the boarding school as I tidy a few things up there. Most of the children left in the boarding school will be returned to their own homes. This includes the 3 clones - Sandy, Mary and Gavyn. Sandy and Mary are little mermaids and Gavyn is a fairy. Petal, the Plant sim will accompany Sandy and Mary to live on the beach with Mia Azul. Mary is a clone of Mia. Sandy is a clone of Salty Seaworth who is not living in this world. Gavyn is a clone of one of my sims, George Flower. Petal was originally picked in my Perfect Genetics Challenge videos and a copy of her was transferred to the Colourful Mermaids game and when that game was incorporated into my Big Game she ended up at this boarding school. I'm sending her back to live with Mia Azul along with the two little mermaids.

There is a stray child currently in the boarding school. He is Gregg Watson. I found him living alone in a house in town. I investigated and found he belongs to one of my old Sim families and his parents and siblings were living in Moonlight Falls. That world was overcrowded and I moved his family to Glenvale County.

Gregg has now completed his child skills. He'd already done his toddler skills years ago. I've decided, the first time Oscar and his buddies travel, they'll take Gregg to his family. We'll play in Glenvale County for a while. Gregg's family is a bit complicated due to me doing my usual thing of adding instant babies, mostly to liven things up a bit.

There is a group of three houses together in Glenvale County. The sims living in them are now interconnected.
    Houses-Now-In-Glenvale-County.jpg

The Bachelor family live in one of the three houses. Simis has died of old age but Jocasta, Michael and Bella are there in one of the three houses. I think I might have added Simis's grave to the local cemetery.

The Craig family live in another of the 3 houses. This is Gregg's family. His father is Ben who is married to Maggie. Maggie is a fairy.
    MaggieAndBen007.jpg

Maggie006.jpg

They have 3 children including Gregg who went mysteriously missing and is about to be returned to them. I think I've since given Ben a makeover with a new skin and hair.

The occupants of the third house are Agnes Crumplebottom and her two toddler daughters. I wanted her to pass on her genes and she constantly was getting into a relationship with Michael Bachelor. I didn't want that to happen but the game seems to have insisted. So I made her have two instant babies. One fathered by Michael and the other by Gregg's father, Ben.

To add more interest to the situation I added the occupied grave of Eric Darling to the graveyard. I'm sort of half considering resurrecting him and adding him to Agnes's house. At this point she doesn't know of his existence.

I have these little situations going on all over the various worlds and anything can happen. It could be interesting to explore further the goings on in these 3 households. I'll get Oscar, Eric and Susanne to stay with the Craig family for an episode or two to see what happens there.

This will also give another little girl a chance to age a little so she will be ready to be delivered to her family in Lucky Palms. I'd like to send Oscar and his friends to Lucky Palms next and will probably take that little girl with them. She will be delivered to her parents, Theresa and Charlie. Theresa is Eric and Susanne's aunt. Their parents also live in Lucky Palms and the trio (Oscar, Eric and Susanne) will stay with Percy and Lorna while they are in Lucky Palms.

I don't have any other screen shots to share at the moment. I've spent ages looking. I mostly just do videos now and taking screen shots messes up my videos so I avoid them mostly.

I hope you are able to enjoy the video.

Happy Simming
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Karritz: Awesome video. OOO, shiny lights. Are you ever planning on Oscar having an alien baby?
    :) Smile!

Puddinroy wrote: »
    @Karritz: Awesome video. OOO, shiny lights. Are you ever planning on Oscar having an alien baby?

Thank you. I hadn't thought of alien babies for Oscar. But I do plan for him to have lots of babies with Louise once he finds her. After that anything is possible.
    @Karritz: Your welcome. Cool

I've been diverted with thoughts of my Oscar's Childhood series of videos.

He's a teen now and I'm making plans for how his future will turn out so I can be sure to steer him in the right direction rather than let him just do a random wander through the many worlds he's about to begin visiting with his buddies Eric and Susanne.

First thing I did was find the save in Erewhon where their home was left burning fiercely after that evil alien, Fleur, called down a meteor strike that killed Oscar's Parents.

Elouise was sent to Erewhon to pick up Oscar as there was no trace of any members of his family having survived and he was a child needing assistance.

The thing no one knew was Oscar's older siblings had been out at sea with their mermaid friends and knew nothing of the meteor strike until much later. When they got home they couldn't find any trace of Oscar but they did find their parents' graves which they picked up before leaving Erewhon to start a new life in a new world, Our Beach City.

I managed to get a bit of video recorded of them preparing to leave Erewhon. It will appear eventually as part of the Oscar's Teen Years series of videos. I will add that story to this thread as it is all connected.

I believe the maker of Our Beach City is @Rflong7. I had previously played in her Beach City world and for some reason thought this was another version of that world. I discovered it isn't.

In preparation for the family's move to Our Beach City I thought I'd pack up their furniture from the Erewhon house and I'd build them a new place in Our Beach City. But they had so much stuff I decided to save the entire house to my library and placed it in the new world before demolishing everything above ground. Most of their living area was in the basement. That's the part I wanted to keep and I didn't want their Erewhon house (the part above ground) to be in the new world. I want it to look like they have a new house.

When I finally got Our Beach City open I discovered it was totally unfamiliar to me. It was also totally empty. Devoid of almost all buildings. I think I found a few buildings, maybe 2 or 3. So I placed the Jacobsen family and their old house onto a large lot away from the town.

The save for Oscar's Teen Years has at least 13 worlds plus the 3 World Adventures worlds and there are about 800 sims living in them. Most of those sims are sims I've made over the years.

I know there are sims I've made but not included in these worlds and I needed sims to populate Our Beach City.

I plan to eventually add this version of that world to the big save - otherwise known as My Big Game.

I needed to find sims that are not in any of the worlds already in my Big Game. I particularly looked for sims I've not played before. I have quite a lot of them. I make a new sim and then I move on. I have hundreds of old save games as well and many of the new sims I've made over the years were never exported so they are still in the save in which they were made and maybe played for a while or not played at all. One day I might go looking for some of those sims. Probably not though.

So I spent about 2 days scouring my hard drives looking for sims that were scattered around. I found a lot. I think I ended up adding about 100 to the new save. There are a few duplicates with sims in the Big Game, but not too many I hope. If I wasn't sure I left them out. But a couple of them I may have to change their name to make them into different sims. I already did that for one of them. Her name is Glory Flower and in the Big Game she is married to a werewolf and they have babies. I rarely play that world but I expect Oscar and his buddies will visit it eventually. So I named her copy in this world Minnie Flower. She's a fairy.

Next thing I did was add all of the rabbit holes I felt I needed in the world. There are a lot of them. I avoided rabbit holes that are combinations. This is a big world and I didn't come close to using all of the available lots. I think I managed to get all of the rabbit holes I needed into the world. I still need to landscape their lots. That'll happen eventually.

I also got as many venues for as many of the different lot types as I could find. I avoided some of the Late Night venues as I didn't want skyscrapers in the world and I didn't want to make myself any new venues that weren't skyscrapers just to have all venue types in the world. There are a few tall buildings. I added one of them, the others were already in the world but they are not near the town part of the world.

I used the Gothic Library as my library.

The world ended up being a mixture of old and futuristic builds. I included two rabbit holes from Into the Future. The Bot Arena and the Mercury Stellar Observatory. The Observatory is a very tall building but I put it way out of town near an airfield. I put the tiny military base rabbit hole there too. I noticed the Ford Focus Sky Diving Centre was already placed there. I had been planning to use it so that was good. It's designated as a gym but I added another gym in the main part of town. The Skydive Centre is no longer available from the store - it came with cars at one point. I don't use it as a gym as it's a rabbit hole. I have sent a sim there occasionally when they have a wish to get pumped otherwise I don't have much actual use for it.

I used a few of the venues that came from the store and that includes the gym and art gallery and the greenhouse. Most of the rabbit holes I used were from the store too.

I added a heap of sims to a few empty lots. Then I relented and placed some houses around town planning to let the game move them into houses. But then I moved them into houses without having too much regard to where each of them lived or if they even knew their new housemates. I added some extra empty houses. I noticed the game is moving them around.

Here are a few pics on what I've done with the world so far. I did it all as fast as possible so I suspect it'll gradually gain more character as I continue to play in the world.

There's a lot of screenshots so I'll add a spoiler. The first group are scenes around Our Beach City after I added rabbit holes and houses.
    This is the new above ground bit I built for the Jacobsen's new home with the ITF Observatory in the background.
    Our-Beach-City001.jpg

Our-Beach-City002.jpg

Our-Beach-City003.jpg

Our-Beach-City004.jpg

Our-Beach-City005.jpg

Our-Beach-City006.jpg

Our-Beach-City007.jpg

Our-Beach-City008.jpg

Our-Beach-City009.jpg

I used Verde Park (the festival grounds from one of the worlds) instead of Performance Park. I used the version where it is just a park, not a festival grounds. Hoping it works the same way as Performance Park as it has a stage. It mightn't matter if I don't have any Showtime performers in the game.
    Our-Beach-City010.jpg

Our-Beach-City011.jpg

Our-Beach-City012.jpg

Our-Beach-City013.jpg

Our-Beach-City014.jpg

Our-Beach-City015.jpg

When I picked up the Jacobsen family from Erewhon I wondered if I'd find a mermaid who had lived with them for a while before moving out. I unexpectedly found her when looking for something else. She had a puppy named Ollie. So I added them to the household before I moved them all to Our Beach City. This is little Ollie sleeping in his new bed in the Jacobsen house.
    Our-Beach-City016-Ollie-Sims.jpg

Olive is the teenaged older sister of Oscar. She's going to need to age up to Young Adult soon but I'll have to play them for a while first before I do that. I found she had an imaginary friend in her inventory. I found all of the Jacobsen's have imaginary friends in their inventory. I wonder if Oscar has one? Not sure about that. I'll have to check when I next load up his game. If I remember.

This is Olive, she's the eldest of Oscar's two older sisters. She's in the front yard of their new home in Our Beach City.
    Our-Beach-City017-Olive-Jacobsen.jpg

And some more shots around town.
    Our-Beach-City018.jpg

Our-Beach-City019.jpg

Our-Beach-City020.jpg

Our-Beach-City021.jpg

Our-Beach-City022.jpg

This is a sim I was glad to find. It's years since I've seen him and I have no idea what I named him. I added him to the world as a townie and came across him skating at the festival grounds. I used the Bridgeport Festival Grounds because I almost never play Bridgeport.
    Our-Beach-City023.jpg

Here is Millie Flower - she was originally Glory Flower but Glory is already in a seldom played world in the Big Game.
    Our-Beach-City024-Millie-Flower.jpg

Owen Jacobsen. He's Oscar's eldest brother and has their parents' grave stones in his inventory. He was in the military career but became unemployed during the move so I got him to join the military career again. He's starting at the bottom. Again.
    Our-Beach-City025-Owen-Jacobsen.jpg

Fleur Shukopoi is an evil alien in disguise. The rest of the household still have no idea that she is the one who called down the meteor that killed their parents and possibly their little brother, Oscar.
    Our-Beach-City026-Fleur-Schukepoj.jpg

Just a shot of town.
    Our-Beach-City027.jpg

Simone is almost engaged to Owen. I am still planning on something happening there. She is a mermaid and I sent her to investigate one of the many dive lots that came with the world. Unfortunately none of them came decorated. I've only decorated two of them so far. I overdid the décor of the first dive lot.
    Our-Beach-City028-Simone-Salmon.jpg

Here is Olwyn Jacobsen. She's a teen and is the youngest of Oscar's siblings. I found her imaginary friend, Wiggles, in her inventory and decided to get rid of it in my own unique way. I used Debug Enabler to force it to become live and now poor Olwyn has to find the potion to turn it real. Her logic skill is already at level 8 so it may not take her long to find that potion.
    Our-Beach-City029-Olwyn-Jacobson.jpg

Our-Beach-City030-Olwyn-Jacobson.jpg

Simone finally made it to the dive lot. As you can see it needs some work. I'll get to it eventually. She needed to swim as she had the dried out moodlet.
    Our-Beach-City031-Simone-Salmon.jpg

While she was there Rose Flower turned up. I'm not sure if Rose is already in my Big Game. If she is I'll have to change her a bit.
    Our-Beach-City32-Simone-Salmon-Rose-Flower.jpg

Sukie went to the first dive lot I decorated. It's somewhat overdone. I might change it a bit at some point. Move things around and remove a few spawner.
    Our-Beach-City33-Sukie-Sims.jpg

Our-Beach-City034-Sukie-Sims.jpg

Sukie will stay with the active household as she's a mermaid. I've discovered any mermaids I add as townies soon loose their mermaid status and become regular sims and I like her scale colour.

Olwyn is now discovering potions. She wants to find a Ninja Vanish potion. I want her to find a potion to turn Wiggles real. She's at level 8 of logic and still has not discovered any potions.
    Our-Beach-City035-Olwyn-Jacobsen-Wiggles.jpg

Little Ollie woke up. Looks like he may have made a puddle but Olwyn couldn't clean it up.
    Our-Beach-City036-Olwyn-Jacobsen-Wiggles-Ollie.jpg

Fleur Shukopoi and Owen Jacobsen in their home basement kitchen.
    Our-Beach-City037-Fleur-Shuokopoi-Owen-Jacobsen.jpg

Now this is where things get a bit unusual. I was working on my video for Episode 34 of the 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt. I wanted to verify what a Sim had wished for at the wishing well when they get surrounded by pink sparkels. So I decided to add a wishing well to a lot in town where everyone can use it. I put the Tree of Prosperity on the lot too so they pixies or the fireflies would visit the wishing well at night.

I found an empty lot in the middle of town. I added the wishing well and ToP. Then I needed to add a few more things. I added a few trees. Many different varieties. Some of these trees I've never used before as I tend to stick to just a few. Then I added some spring riders and a sandpit and some community rubbish bins.

I had decided I didn't want to add a huge wedding center to the world so I added a wedding arch in a corner then thought I'd place a few chairs and a buffet table (not sure how that'll work on a community lot) and some other décor around it to make it look special.

Our-Beach-City041.jpg

There was also a smallish fountain and the Twaillan statue and a fire pit as well. A few picnic tables and I thought that's it. Finished. Saved and realised we needed lights. I added some strings of coloured lights around the outside instead of using a fence and then scattered a few other outdoor lights around.

It was time to find out what my sim had wished for to produce the colours I am seeing in my video. My sims often autonomously wish for things and I have no clue what they wish for. So I decided my victim would be my least favourite evil alien and told her to present herself at the wishing well in town. She did as she was told.

Before Fleur arrived at the newly decorated lot Sandi O'Donnel turned up. She's another one I've rarely played and I'm not sure if she's in the Big Game already or not. Her hair is green.
    Our-Beach-City038-Sandi-ODonnel.jpg

Our-Beach-City039-Sandi-ODonnel.jpg

Our-Beach-City040-Sandi-ODonnel.jpg

Now, there are some things a sim can wish for that I won't use. But I wasn't thinking very hard about what each of those choices could do. So I wondered what colour she'd be surrounded with if she wished for love.

Fleur approached the Wishing Well and she wanted to steal a coin and she succeeded. Made me wonder if evil sims always succeed at that.
    Our-Beach-City042-Fleur-Sandi.jpg

I had been planning to get her to wish for Power and for Happiness to see what colours she got. So I saw she could wish for Love. I never let my sims wish for love at the wishing well. But I didn't think too hard and vaguely wondered what colour she'd be surrounded by. I was surprised she was holding a huge frog which she kissed and suddenly she had a elderly love interest.
    Our-Beach-City043-Fleur.jpg

She attempted wishing for wealth a few times and the fairies delivered her some simoleans each time.

She wished for happiness and power several times and never had any of her wishes granted. I also decided she could perhaps get that evil child that comes out of the wishing well occasionally and got her to wish for a child a few times and never got one.

Later on Oliver came to the lot and he wished for love, a child, power, and happiness. He didn't get a child. He got a frog which he kissed and he was rejected. It leapt back into the wishing well. When wishing for happiness he got surrounded by pink and later on gold lights. Wishing for power gave him green lights. So I think that answers my question. I was confused because I thought only pink was produced when they wished for happiness. I wondered about the gold. Don't remember seeing green before. Maybe the colours are random.

Some of the sims on the lot were hungry so I told Fleur to light a fire and toast marshmallows. She was soon joined by others. In th is pic we see, from L to R Pam Gates, Fleur Shukopoi, Ruben Gould (Fleur's Romantic Interest from the Wishing Well), Oliver Jacobsen and Maurice Smith.
    Our-Beach-City044-Pam-Gates-Fleur-Shukopoi-Ruben-Gould-Oliver-Jacobsen-Maurice-Smith.jpg

Maurice is a sim I made at some point. If he has high sculpting skill he'll be one of the sculptors I made a few years ago when I was trying to get a group of sims that can make all possible sculptures in ice that doesn't melt. I have a group of 4 that between them can do that now.

Then I realised the lot type is "Sports Bar". I briefly thought of changing it to Small Park or something similar. Then thought - why not add a bar? Then once I added the bar it needed 4 walls and a roof. The roof wouldn't comply with my wishes so I added a fence up there. That fence came with Katy Perry Sweet Treats, as did the bar and bar stools used in this new Sports Bar.

Our-Beach-City045.jpg

Our-Beach-City046.jpg

I have a mod that lets me use any bar as a professional bar. I tried to use it. I needed to click onto the bar. No go. The bar is shut. It opens between 11 am and 3 am and the in game time was 3:30 am. I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Happy Simming All.
    edited February 2022
    I took a little break from Oscar's Teen Years series. I didn't expect it to take over 2 years. But I had too many stories on the go and decided to complete the 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt before resuming my other stories. Well, Gerri has her 30+ grandchildren now and I didn't get a badge, but that's it for that story. I'll eventually add another world to this save, my Big Game, so Oscar will probably visit their world and meet up with Gerri's family one day.

I wasn't sure how long it would take me to find Oscar's save. And in the end it didn't take very long at all. I opened it up and confirmed Oscar is now a teen. Here he is with one of his boarding school buddies, Jeanette Bright.

Oscar-And-Jeanette-Bright.jpg

I had to refer to my spreadsheet to discover Jeanette comes from Barnacle Bay. She has no parents. She was probably living with an Inkbeard household. I do remember picking up a child without parents from one of the Barnacle Bay households. I thought she needed an education. She's a teen now and will age up in 299 days. So she will probably remain at the boarding school for the foreseeable future. When/if she ages up I'll probably send her to a home of her own somewhere.

I noticed the sims in this save have their imaginary friend dolls in their inventories. This was last played long before I started making those dolls real and giving them major makeovers. I'm wondering what I might do with some of those dolls.

Anyway, this is the series I'm going to start making videos for first. I'll make at least two videos before moving on to one of the other series I took a break from about 2 years ago.

Happy Simming
    edited February 2022
    I just found a mystery in my Big Game.

In the beginning Gobias Koffi was partnered with Patience. Patience had tried to get me the badge for a sim having 15 children. She failed. She had the 15 children but the badge didn't work. I have since got that badge and as a result I decided to try for the 30 grandchildren badge. It failed to be awarded.

Anyway, Patience had 5 children with Gobias. Prior to Gobias, Patience had been married to Marty Hansen (a sim I made for her). Marty and Patience had 5 children too.

Patience moved on from Gobias to have a fling with Ted Fields. Another sim I made. Ted was very young - just aged up to Young Adult. Patience finally ended up with Christopher Steel from Sunset Valley - she always does tend to go for him.

One of the 5 children Patience had with Marty was Haley.

One of the 5 children Patience had with Gobias was Percy. Percy married Lorna McCann from Dragon Valley and they had two children together, Eric and Susanne. Eric and Sussanne are going to accompany Oscar on his travels in this new series of videos.

One day when I was playing Percy's household he was trying to find a potion to make Lorna young again as she was an elder and her time had run out. Percy had long ago lost his Imaginary Friend doll. I couldn't find it anywhere. I've recently discovered that the Imaginary Friends all live in the Homeless Sims household until they are made real. So this will explain why that doll suddenly turned up running around town. I could see it when Percy was active. I managed to get it to Percy's place and he made the potion to make it real and he did that. The result was a young adult male named Bob Koffi.

Bob and Haley got married and had a son together, Harry Koffi. So Bob and Harry are named Koffi but are not truly related to the Koffi family.

When I was playing another household Haley ran off and left Bob with their toddler son, Harry. I finally found her living with Gobias Koffi and they had 4 children together before Gobias died of old age. I plan for Oscar and Eric and Susanne to stay with Haley for a while during their travels as those children need to do some aging up. They live in Lucky Palms.

Anyway, back to the point of all of this. When you start a new game in Sunset Valley, sometimes you get told Gaylord Koffi just died of hunger. Gaylord is the father of Gobias and you can find Gaylord's grave in the Sunset Valley graveyard.

Now, Gobias has 9 children (that I know of). The first 5 are with Patience and the other 4 are with Patience's daughter, Haley. Complicated relationships seem to abound in this save.

Gobias had died. I was setting up my Big Game for multi worlds and moving sims around and setting up the new worlds when I discovered none of the Koffi children were related. Gobias was the link I needed between them. I sent a sim to the graveyard in whatever world it was in which he'd died of old age. I think it might have been Twin Towns by @jillbg . I put Gobias's grave into the graveyard in Cake Island which I was setting up with many of his offspring and their families. I made him a playable ghost and moved him into the boarding school there, and used Master Controller to fix his family tree. His father Gaylord was still in his family tree.

The game wasn't being totally stable for me and Gobias disappeared. His portrait is blank. I was afraid all of the connections between his offspring might break again so I headed off to Sunset Valley and got Gaylord's grave and took him back to Cake Island. I made him playable. Then at some point I revived him and he's now a living adult and at the start of that life stage.

I just opened this game after 2 years. I wanted to have a quick look at each of the sims to remind myself who they were and what plans I had for them before I go to sleep. It's now almost 1 am here. I found Gaylord chatting to a fairy. I clicked on his family tree and got a shock.

Gaylord's Family Tree
    Gaylords-Family-Tree.jpg
    Note: Eric and Susanne are Gaylord's great-grandchildren and are in this family tree. The plan is for them to take Oscar on a journey to meet all of their relations. Eric is related to more than just Gaylord's descendants.

Gobias is still in it and his portrait is blank. But he's married to Morrigan O'Reilly and they have a daughter I knew nothing about.

Gobias's family tree (he's the blank square)
    Gobias-Koffi-Family-Tree.jpg

This is how I just discovered he's still in the game somewhere and has a new daughter named Connie Koffi. I don't even have O'Reillys in my spreadsheet so I don't even know where to begin looking for them. Maybe Oscar will find them for me when he sets out on his travels.

That's a mystery to try to solve in this series. Sims seem to produce such surprises. If I do manage to find this little family I knew nothing about I might be able to get Gobias reset or hopefully fixed so he's no longer an empty box in his family tree.

I'm off the sleep now. It's after 1 am. I'll try to look at the rest of this household tomorrow. It's huge - there are 19 sims living at the boarding school and it's in one of Rflong7's worlds Moonfall Island.

Moonfall-Island-Boarding-School.jpg

Happy Simming All

edited February 2022
    I've been playing Oscar's game. He's in the boarding school in Moonfall Island.

Moonfall Island is a world made by Rflong7 / Rflong13. I'm not sure which studio it's available in now.

I decided to get a screen shot of everyone who is currently living at the boarding school to familiarise myself on who's there at the start of this adventure. There are 19 sims living in that household at the moment.

My investigations of the state of play in this game have uncovered some side adventures, one of which is 'Where is Gobias?'

Our Stars of the videos in the 'Adventures of Oscar, Eric and Susanne' Playlist on YouTube

There is one video in that playlist at the moment.

https://youtu.be/KGMWmvl2m7M

(the 'Not Suitable for Children' was added because YouTube were offering Oscar videos only to small children along with nursery rhymes. This was never meant to be a children's story. It is meant for adults.)

Firstly, our main sim, Oscar Jacobsen.

Oscar looks different now he's a teen.

For more on Oscar and his co-stars see the 'Oscar's Childhood' playlist.

This is the link to the first video in that playlist

https://youtu.be/Jfn4mFi0H90

Firstly let's go back in time a little to refresh our memories.

Here are three pics of Oscar before he became an orphan, his original childhood home before the tragedy, and the aftermath of that meteor attack on his home world.
    Oscar-Child001.jpg

Oscars-Childhood-Home001.jpg

Oscar-The-Aftermath.jpg

Now we return to the present situation and the beginning of the rest of Oscar's life. Oscar has just celebrated his birthday and has now aged up to teen.

Oscar's still doesn't know what his lifetime wish will be - but I know it's going to be 'Rock Star'.

Oscar is an orphan after his whole family were killed by a meteor shower which was called down by an evil alien who lived with them. The story of the meteor attack and the evil alien and the loss of his family is in the first few episodes of 'Oscar's Childhood' YouTube series.

Oscar.jpg

Then there is Eric Koffi. Eric is a teen but is about half way through his teen years.

Eric-Koffi.jpg

Eric-Fishing.jpg

Susanne Koffi is still a child but she will be accompanying Oscar and her big brother, Eric, on their adventures to meet all of their huge extended family.

Susanne-Koffi.jpg

Eric and Susanne's parents are Percy Koffi and Lorna McCann.

Percy is the son of Gobias Koffi and Patience. That means Gaylord Koffi is Eric's grandfather. We will see more of Gaylord below.

Lorna was an elder from Dragon Valley when Percy was a young adult and they got married. When Lorna was about to die of old age Percy started trying to find how to make the Elixir of Youth so she could become a Young Adult again. Each day was filled with stress during this process as Lorna had got to the point where her days were no longer counting down - she was overdue to die.

Percy eventually got the elusive elixir which Lorna drank and her age went down to the first day of the young adult stage.
    Lorna004.jpg

Lorna006.jpg
    This transformation of Lorna was exciting because I'd never seen that happen before. And Percy also created the potion to make his imaginary friend real, something else I'd never done before. And it was fortunate that he did that because at about this time Percy's previously lost Imaginary Friend turned up at Percy's place and after Percy and Bo bo became very good friends, and that took ages, Bo bo drank the potion and was renamed Bob and went on to marry Percy's sister Haley. Our travellers will be staying at Haley's place in Lucky Palms at some point in this series.

Percy-And-Bobo003.jpg

Percy-And-Bobo005.jpg

Percy and the new young again Lorna were obsessed with each other.

Percy-And-Lorna001.jpg

They wanted babies and had Eric but they just couldn't make themselves look after him all they wanted to do was go to work and spend the rest of their time out partying.

Haley001.jpg
    Eric's aunt Haley used to visit when his parents were out partying and rescue Eric from the snow.

Eric was eventually moved to the boarding school and became a permanent resident there. He's moved from world to world over the years and is now almost grown up. Some time after Eric was removed from his parents his baby sister, Susanne was born and neglected just like Eric was so she too moved permanently to the boarding school where she grew up with her big brother.

Oscar is going to accompany Eric and Susanne as they begin travelling in an effort to find and get to know their entire, huge, extended family. A lot of their relations live in Lucky Palms so we will be heading to Lucky Palms a few times in future episodes.

The staff of the Boarding School in Moonfall Island.

Note: There are several boarding schools in this Big Game. Many of the worlds have a boarding school. Most are not currently occupied but our travellers might stay in them occasionally when visiting worlds without a base camp and none of Eric's relatives live there either.

Coral Carpenter was made by me reasonably recently, probably about 3 years ago. She hasn't been played much and has been hanging out at this boarding school.

She is in the Education career and is at level 3 (Substitute Teacher).

She recently attended a Charisma class and then visited the Gothique Library in town to read a Charisma skill book to help her gain progress in her job. She had no Charisma skill points before attending the class. She now has 3 Charisma points which is the minimum for her current job.

Coral-Carpenter.jpg

Coral is a Young Adult and is learning basic skills such as cooking, fishing and gardening as well as whatever else she needs to know. She's also reading recipes and fishing bait books. When she is fully skilled and has read all necessary books she might be moved to a home of her own somewhere to make room for another unskilled young adult to move into the boarding school.

The young adults get accommodation and an education in return for taking care of toddlers, children and teens that are at the boarding school to get to know each other and to learn skills and read books.

Elouise Britton is another relatively new sim. I think I made her before I made Coral. She's at the boarding school to develop skills and to assist with the younger members of the household. Elouise is in the culinary career.
    Elouise.jpg

Elouise is the sim who bravely travelled to Erewhon to collect the newly orphaned Oscar. She took him back to the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island.

Harvey Miller is another relatively new sim.

He was probably made after all of the other sims in this household. I think he was made to try to even things up a bit. I'd been making lots of female young adults and rarely added a male to the game so I made a few males. He was one of them.

He came to the household with no skills and has been learning as well as taking care of the younger residents. He is in the Fortune Telling career.

The caravan Harvey works at is on the lot next door to the boarding school but he still has to catch a car pool to and from work. The caravan is closer than the location the car waits for him to drive him to work.
    Harvey-Miller.jpg

Kaylie Flower is new. I made her a couple of years ago but have scarcely played her. She's based on a favourite fairy of mine. I made her to try out the glittery pattern on her everyday outfit. I keep thinking I ought to put her into something more suitable but don't do it. At least not yet.

She's learning skills and works in the Political career. She's level 3. When I wanted to get a pic of her she was heading off to talk to Elouise. I stopped her and told her to stand in the light from her fairy house. She immediately put the handcuffs thought bubble up. I thought that was a bit amusing so decided to show it to you too.

Kaylie1.jpg

Kaylie3.jpg

Isabel Howe is a sim I made long before any of the others I've mentioned so far but she's never really starred in a game.

I put her into the boarding school because I needed assistance with a bunch of toddlers and she needed to learn skills. The toddlers are now grown to children and getting ready to leave the boarding school.

It's time Isabel focused on learning some skills. I think she'll be one of the last to move out of here. Isabel is in the Magician Career and is at level 1. She will begin to progress when she has learned lots more skills and read all necessary books.

Isabel-Howe.jpg

Isabel-Howe001.jpg

Gaylord Koffi is the father of Gobias Koffi. I got him from the graveyard in Sunset Valley where he is buried. I made him a playable ghost and then got tired of him being a ghost so he got revived. I forget how now.

Gaylord needs to learn lots of skills and read books. He is in the Music career and is at level 3 (Stagehand). Here he is heading off to work.
    Gaylord-Koffi.jpg

Gaylord and Harvey were sitting together reading recipes and fishing bait books. Gaylord had to leave to go to work.
    Gaylord-And-Harveymiller.jpg

The Wolff family

The final young adult who has been assisting the staff of the boarding school is Erica Wolff from Moonlight Falls. Erica is a werewolf and comes with the world which comes with the Supernatural Expansion Pack.

I found Erica living with her two children. I grabbed the toddler and child from her and then decided to add her to the boarding school too as she needed to learn some skills. Currently she's focused on recipes and fishing bait books. She's in the athletic career and she's a werewolf.

Erica-Wolff.jpg

Erica-Wolff-2.jpg

Erica's children have learned their skills and aged up while being at the boarding school.

Wilhemina Wolff is now a teen and Gator Wolff is now a child

Wilhemina-Wolff.jpg

Gator-Wolff.jpg

Gator has a high level of logic skill and has managed to make the Imaginary Friend Metamorphium potion. He'll keep it in his inventory and probably use it when he returns to his home in Moonlight Falls. He has his imaginary friend in his inventory. They continue to be friends.

Whilemina and Gator are continuing to cram their skills and are trying to find all of the potions before leaving to go home to Moonlight Falls with their mother. Whilemina still needs to find out how to make the potion she needs to turn her imaginary friend real. I don't know why I'm doing this but they have imaginary friends in their inventories and I just have to make them real.

The other teens

I found Jeanette Bright living with a family in Barnacle Bay. She has no parents. She must have been homeless and somehow got added to the Inkbeard home by the game. I picked her up and sent her to boarding school after returning the Inkbeard children to their homes after attending boarding school in Barnacle Bay.

Jeanette.jpg

Jeanette recently aged up to teen. She doesn't have many skills although she did complete her child skills. I'm thinking of keeping her at the boarding school until she is a young adult and ready to move out to a home of her own.

Most of the teens currently at the boarding school are in this pic. They are doing their homework. Well they were in the pic I meant to show. But it's vanished. Not even on my hard drive any more. Jeanette was about to sit down to do her homework at the table when this pic was taken.

Whilemina Wolff, Jeanette Bright and Oscar. Eric had done his homework already and was out the back fishing in the new fishing hole so didn't make it into this pic.
    Whilemina-Wolff-Oscar-And-Jeanette-Bright-Doing-Homework.jpg

The Children

Gavyn Flower. He is a clone of George Flower. George was living with the mermaid household in the Colourful Mermaids short series of videos. George was an attempt at having a Fairy Mermaid hybrid. It wasn't very successful. George was cloned to produce Gavyn when George was still a hybrid. I wanted to see what the resulting baby would be. Gavyn is a fairy.

Gavyn-Flower.jpg

Since George lives alone in Moonfall Island Gavyn will be easily transferred to his home as soon as he's ready to go. He is working on finishing a few skills and reading fishing bait books as well as trying to find potions.

Gregg Watson is a bit of a problem.

He was born in game to Maggie Flower and Ben Craig. Maggie and Ben were married and had several children and two Plumbots together. Then they got terribly corrupted. Babies disappeared but I managed to get them back, Plumbots disappeared but I've now located them and will return both to the household soon. They also changed their names from Craig to Watson. I am at a loss trying to work out how or why that happened.

So according to my spreadsheet Maggie and Ben Craig live in Moonlight Falls with their sons Brendan and Billy who are both fairies. Ben is human as he was made long before we had Supernaturals in the game. Ben is a bit chunky and was probably first made in 2009 or 10. They also have their Plumbot Ebony living with them.

Their Plumbot Silver is not with them. Neither is Gregg.

The spreadsheet also says Ben and Maggie Watson live with their children in Moonfall Island and it gives the address.

Gregg's family tree says Maggie and Ben Craig are his parents and their other children are his brothers.

I decided to try to find the Watsons at their home in Moonfall Island. When I went there the only occupant of the house was a Plumbot named Silver.

I have a plan. When everyone is ready to return to Moonlight Falls I'll send Silver and Gregg with the Wolff family. I will collect a few toddlers from two families in Moonlight Falls and return to Moonfall Island where the toddlers will join the boarding school for training. I've had these toddlers on my mind for a few years and am keen to play them for a while.

I think some of you will remember my werewolf toddler Jane Oxley. Here she is with her father, Eddie.

Eddie-And-Jane002.jpg

She will be coming to the boarding school to do toddler training as well as one of her cousins who is the son of her uncle Phil and his wife Gloria. Gloria is a fairy, Phil is the first werewolf I ever made in my game. I'm keen to see his toddlers trained at the boarding school too.

So the travellers who will be leaving Moonfall Island to go to Moonlight Falls first will be Erica, Whilemina and Gator Wolff and Gregg Watson/Craig and the Plumbot Silver.

I will need a sim to return to the boarding school with the toddlers so might take Oscar and one of the staff members. We will need someone capable of carrying each toddler to accompany them.

Gregg is trying to find the potion to make his imaginary friend real.
    Gregg-Watson.jpg
    Gregg-Watson-1.jpg

That leaves four more children

Petal Jayne is a Plant Sim who was originally picked in the Perfect Genitics Challenge and was saved to my library and then added to the Colourful Mermaids videos set in Cake Island.

Petal was sort of adopted by one of the female sims I made when I first started adding custom skins and hair to my game. I think this is the Sim I'm thinking of.

Sim002.jpg

Her name is Sarah Jayne and I already set her up as Petal's 'mother' and that's why Petal's family name is Jayne. Sara is living in Moonfall Island with Mia Azul. They have a house on the beach. I will fix their family tree so that this sim is Petal's mother.

I discovered this sim is living in Moonfall Island so I plan to return Petal to her and fix Petal's family tree to show her as Peta'ls mother.
    Petal001.jpg

Mary Azul is a clone of Mia Azul. She has no family in her family tree. I plan to make Mia Azul her mother and return Mary to that household. I think it's the same household that Petal will be returning to. Mia Azul lives in a house on the beach with a few other sims.
    Mary-Azul1.jpg
    Mary-Azul2.jpg

Sandy Seaworth is a clone of Salty Seaworth. If I can't find Salty in this world I'll move him in with Mia Azul and keep the three children together.

Sandy-Seaworth.jpg

While on the subject of mermaids. Maya Ocean continues to show up at the boarding school and uses the facilities. I'm pleased to see she's still a mermaid and living happily somewhere in Moonfall Island.

This is just a couple of shots of Maya Ocean visiting the boarding school uninvited.
    Maya-Ocean2.jpg

Maya-Ocean.jpg

Finally that leaves little Kirsten Faulks. I noticed Kirsten as a child wandering around the world. I assumed she was a homeless sim but I kept seeing her so I checked and found she is one of my sims. She was born in game to Sally Bartlett and Kim Faulks.

I need to track Sally down. She's somewhere in one of the other worlds. In the big game Sally has had a lot of babies and most of them have different fathers and she always has the baby and leaves it with the father while she moves on. Kirsten is one of those babies. Most of the others take after Sally but Kirsten seems to have more of a physical resemblance to her father.

A pic I found of Sally. She's not in this world. I don't think Kirsten has ever met her mother.
    Sally003.jpg

Kirsten Faulks. She has a lot to learn and will probably be at the boarding school until she's a teen.
    Kirsten-Faulks.jpg

That's it.

I have aging set to longest available in the game. Only sims in the currently active world age. This way I can go pick up toddlers to train when I'm ready without worrying that they'll be elders before I get to them - if they live in a different world from the boarding school. I got caught out with little Kirsten as I didn't realise she was in the world until she'd aged up to child.

Happy Simming All

Post edited by Karritz on
    Hello All

I've been playing my game all day today. It's been a bit tiresome as there's been a lot of save, shut down and relaunch going on.

A couple of you mentioned the name Hetal. I agree it's unusual - it took me a while to work out what you were talking about at the time. Then I realised I'd mentioned Hetal in a post.

I became aware of her when I got a message from the game telling me she'd just aged up to Young Adult (or teen - I can't remember now). I only saw her for a few seconds but I thought she looked very colourful and deserving of a screen shot so you can all see her.

Here she is.
    Hetal-Anjali-Tourist.jpg

I don't know what world she came from. I haven't come across her again. Don't expect to either. I don't think any of my sims ever met her.

I have more than enough recorded to make a video but it'd be a boring video. I've had them emergency skilling and reading books. Now that's done it's time to start moving sims around. I'm pleased I wrote out my step by step instructions on what to do when it's time to take the Wolff family back to Moonlight Falls because I remembered it just as they were arriving and I realised I had forgotten the plumbot. Looks like it'll get it's own special trip to Moonlight Falls to be returned to its family.

When I was finalising things and checking everyone had read or learned enough to go I suddenly got thrown across to the Steel household. I found Bonnie on fire. I wasn't able to save her.

I was recording the entire thing with Grimm arriving and her lying on the floor and then realised I didn't have OBS running so I paused the game and loaded OBS and got the end bit and we saw Grimm standing there before disappearing. Bonnie's red/orange ghost was floating behind Grimm.

Bonnie-Died.jpg

Bonnie was the wife of Dan Steel. They are from an old game I found from 2010. I added Dan to Patience's family tree. In the old game Dan was the son of Patience and Christopher Steel. In this big game Patience and Christopher had a son so when I added Dan to the family that son got a brother. Of course, In the Big Game Patience has 14 other children as well, but not with Christopher.

Bonnie and Dan have 6 children ages range from child to teen. They live in a mansion on the edge of the ocean. They are quite close to the Moonfall Island boarding school but not right next door.

Here is Bonnie's urn.
    Bonnie-Steel-Died-Of-Fire.jpg

Dan Steel is the half-uncle of Eric and Susanne.

I did briefly think about shutting down without saving but I couldn't endure another hour of sims sitting reading books. So she's in a golden urn on a golden side table on a golden half circle mat in the family living room in front of a huge window looking out over the ocean. I saved after she died and then thought about adding the side table and mat and putting the urn on it. Then it gave me Error 12 while I tried to save. So I relaunched and she got a different side table from the one in the picture. The one she now has is painted gold. This one is more white.

Previously I had sent sims off to the 3 World Adventure worlds to buy fishing bait books and recipes and the skill books from each world.

The first travellers were Gaylord, Oscar and Wilhemina . Oscar really wants to kiss Wilhemina for the first time but she isn't interested - her eyes are for Eric.

Just a pic of China.
    China.jpg

Wilhemina and Oscar fishing. Oscar was keen but she wasn't interested. They did manage to catch a few fish. Meanwhile Gaylord was out and about picking fruit and exploring.
    Wilhemina-And-Oscar-In-China.jpg

I spotted Felix Flower, a tourist, in China. He is one of my sims. Hopefully Eric and Oscar and Susanne will come across him at home at some stage. Felix started out in the Fairy Village I made in Barnacle Bay.

Felix-Flower-In-China.jpg

We had a full moon one night during their time at the boarding school in Moonfall Island. Erica, Wilhemina and Gator all transformed to werewolf form. Next morning Erica had to rush off to work and didn't have time to transform back to human form. It made me wonder how her co-workers felt that day but noting special seemed to happen.

Here's Erica rushing off to work in her werewolf form.
    Erica-Wolff-Off-To-Work-In-Werewolf-Form.jpg

Oscar, Kaylee, Eric and Jeanette chatting and enjoying the view at home one day. Home was Moonfall Island Boarding School.
    Oscar-Kaylee-Eric-Jeanette.jpg

Big brother Eric was reading a bedtime story to his little sister, Susanne.
    Eric-Reading-To-Susanne.jpg

Kirsten Faulks looking a little less frightening than she did last time I posted a pic of her. She lives in Moonfall Island. I'm thinking of holding her in the boarding school for a while as her father seems to have an active social life and she tends to wander around town alone and not doing her homework.
    Kirsten-Faulks.jpg

This is Kirsten's father, Kim Faulks
    Kim-Faulks.jpg

She seems to have inherited his mouth.

Spooky Day arrived. All of the children and teens got into costume and tried to go trick or treating but they had no luck. So they all went home and had a party of sorts. It wasn't an official party but they were all hanging out together in the big main room and one of them was playing guitar and others were dancing. Unfortunately there were no screen shots I was too busy trying to get it onto video. So I think I'll have some fun and colourful things to include in the video. I'll start working on that tomorrow.

Finally the day arrived for the sims from Moonlight Falls to return home from Moonfall Island boarding school. Sadly I forgot to move them into Silver, the plumbot's house so she could travel home with them. Silver will have to do it alone at some later time.

Here are the travellers, Erica, Eric, Oscar, Wilhemina, Gator and Gregg
    Going-Home-Day.jpg

Gregg, Gator, Wilhemina, Eric and Oscar all have imaginary friend dolls in their inventories. I didn't make them real back in Moonfall Island because of overcrowding and I don't really want my computer to actually blow up. I made one of the imaginary friends real there because it came alive unexpectedly and I decided to make him real. His name is Pat and he belonged to Mary Azul. I haven't given him his final makeover yet - not game to due to overcrowding. I'll fix him up when I send Mary home.

Gregg is going back to his family and made his imaginary friend real. Here are Gregg and Russel, the imaginary friend made real. I was trying to do something different with Russel's face. I'm not sure it worked. He seems to have a huge head. I'll see what he looks like when he ages up to teen before having another go at him.

Gregg-And-Russel.jpg

The final imaginary friend to be made during this visit to Moonlight Falls is Gator's imaginary friend, previously peanut but now known as Perry.
    Perry-And-Gator.jpg

I will get Perry and Russel to learn the basic child skills. Here they are working on their block skill. Next it'll be toy oven then they'll be sent back to their own homes.

Perry-And-Russel.jpg

Russel-And-Perry.jpg

Perry-Was-Peanut.jpg

Finally Whilimena and her imaginary friend Hesper watch TV. Hesper has since been made real but I've not begun giving her a makeover yet. That'll be for tomorrow as it's way too late here now. I need some sleep.

Whilimean-And-Hesper.jpg

That's it from me

Happy Simming

EDIT: While in Moonlight Falls the travellers are staying at the old boarding school. This build is the original from Sunset Valley. The very first boarding school started in Dragon Valley but that was mostly just done by moving a few toddlers into other sim's homes and training them all together. It started out as my toddler school. I gradually turned into a boarding school idea where sims of all ages can learn skills and get to know each other.

Oscar's Teen Years Episode 2 is now available for you to watch. It sure took long enough to load and process. I don't know exactly when it was finally finished but it was still processing at 81% when I turned my computer off last night. So it would have been over 24 hours to load and process. I hope it's worth it.

It is available in HD so that'll probably explain why it took so long to load and process. The file size I loaded was about 3 times the size it would have been if I'd loaded it as SD.

https://youtu.be/LIn9a4H61lc

I've got two alternate titles and we'll see how the story develops to find out which one is more appropriate. I'm thinking the main title will probably be 'The Adventures of Oscar, Eric and Susanne'.

In this episode we meet the 19 occupants of the boarding school. We see them interact and get up to all sorts of activities - some are things I've told them to do and some are what I unexpectedly come across them doing.

There are very brief visits to all three World Adventure Worlds, otherwise we stay at the boarding school in Moonfall Island throughout in this episode.

I hope you enjoy the video
    I'm having a bit of a rant at myself here - I didn't actually make a big mess of things but I did make myself a lot of extra work that I'm going to have to fix up before I can continue with Oscar's story.

It's all about my spreadsheet that I use to keep track of all of the sims. I need it to make sure I can return the boarding school residents to their homes when they are ready to go home.

Well, I haven't touched this game or the spreadsheet for a couple of years. And since I did episode 1 of 'Oscar's Teen Years' - or 'the adventures of Oscar, Eric and Susanne' I added a heap of new worlds to the game. I had to do this because the game was getting totally unplayable due to overpopulation of several worlds. For example, Sunlit Tides didn't have any spare lots or houses. I was shoving more than one family into a lot. They needed separate homes. The computer/game was struggling with all of the sims. So I moved a heap of sims out of a heap of worlds.

In episode 3, which I have started work on, I sent Oscar and Eric to Moonlight Falls boarding school with Erica Wolff and her children Wilhemina and Gator. And I sent Gregg Craig (Watson) with them as my spreadsheet says that's where his family is. Well, I had no problem returning the Wolff family to their home. I needed to extend it a bit to get them all to fit but all is good for them now. Erica has a teenaged son there who didn't get to boarding school yet but I decided not to bother with him for now. He may get there at some point or he may just age up to YA without learning much more than he already knows.

I found the Craig house with Gregg's parents' names on it and all but it was empty. There was no sign of them in the world. So, it dawned on me that I'd probably moved them out to another world - but which one?

I looked at my save file and found several worlds that are not mentioned in my spreadsheet.

The worlds in the save now are:
    Barnacle Bay
    Bellatrix - NEW (not in spreadsheet but I remember moving sims to it)
    Cake Island - (this is why I can't put the 30 Grandchildren families into the big game and have them live in Cake Island. I'll have to add a new world for them)
    China - World Adventures
    Chocolate Cake Island
    Cotes d'Ambonnay - (too hard to video sims at home in this world as all houses are very tiny so I'll be moving any sims living there out to other worlds)
    Dark Harbor (this is where the McFluff Story main characters are currently living)
    Dragon Valley
    Egypt - World Adventures
    Erewhon - where Oscar used to live with his original family before the meteors destroyed everything
    France - World Adventures
    Glenvale County - NEW (not in spreadsheet but I remember moving sims to it)
    Grey Meadow Islands - NEW (not in spreadsheet but I remember moving sims to it)
    Hidden Springs - This is where Old Gertie McFluff started out and still lives. Oscar and Louise belong here too. It's not in the Oscar videos yet but will play a big part in his story once he becomes a YA.
    Isle of Sims III - NEW (not in spreadsheet but I remember moving sims to it)
    Legacy Island III - not exactly new but I emptied it of everyone a long time ago and now I think I might have moved a few sims back there.
    Lucky Palms
    Moonfall Island
    Moonlight Falls
    Norbrewych - NEW (not in spreadsheet but I remember moving sims to it)
    Sunlight Tides

So, between now and when I do the next episode I'm probably going to have to fully update my spreadsheet to include all sims in all worlds. That might take a year or two so I'll have to manage the best I can.

I already have almost enough recorded for Episode 3. But I can't return Gregg to his family so he'll go back to Moonfall Island until I can work that out. But I started my census in Moonlight Falls and found a few young sims in desperate need of an education so I'll quickly work on them and stay in Moonlight Falls for a bit longer.

I think I'll take Isabel as the travelling sim while I go searching for Gregg's parents and everyone else I need to find. I don't want Oscar and Eric and Susanne to become elders while I do this with them. They will only age while they are in an active world. I do have base camps in most of the worlds. And I added lots of new sims that were not already in the game as I did this.

Gregg has his father and their Plumbot ebony in his relationship panel. I tried getting him to ring his father but wasn't allowed to because he didn't know this celebrity well enough. He was able to chat with the Plumbot but this didn't help discover which world the household now lives in.

When I start Isabel on her travels I will only take her to the new worlds I've added to the game but not the spreadsheet. I'll gradually update other worlds as Oscar visits them.

Another thing I discovered. There were missing sims from Moonlight Falls. I consulted my spreadsheet and discovered that I had left sims behind in the boarding school in Chocolate Cake Island. I do remember it was overcrowded and the game was having big problems so I probably left a few students behind until I moved a few out of the Moonfall Island boarding school. I have 19 in Moonfall Island boarding school before moving the Wolff family out. I'll have to send Isabel or Elouise to Chocolate Cake Island to try to collect the resto of the young sims from there and move them to Moonfall Island so they can complete their education and go home to their families.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,016 Member
    @Karritz Good luck getting your spreadsheet organized after time away from it. And sending your missing sims back where they belong. When I'm away from a game for a long period of time, it always takes me awhile to remember what I was doing when I quit! :D

I watched the 2nd episode about Oscar. Good to see him as a teen! Here are a few quick comments about some things that stood out to me. ...Gaylord has an interesting story line. ...The trampoline scene was funny, seeing the sim jumping up so high! ...Neat that the Maya the mermaid just showed up on your lot. ...That is an awesome educational boarding school you've created for sims. I like the other school lot too. ...The werewolves were great. Sims 4 doesn't have any, except with mods. ...I love those little fairy castles. Sims 3 has some imaginative items. ...Oscar was sure working hard clearing the garden. ...I liked seeing the sims mixing potions at the chemistry tables. ... It was cute seeing the young sim playing with her Imaginary Friend. ...I'd forgotten about kite flying! ...That was a great mini dungeon adventure. ...LOL at the fainting coward! ...All the kids doing homework after school was also cute. ...I enjoyed the video. Great selection of activities. :)
    edited March 2022
    An update after completing my census of Isle of Sims III world in my Big Game.

I've got a few screen shots - not everyone in the world is here. But I did add a lot of them in the end.

The history of this Big Game.

It started in about 2010 in Sunset Valley when I decided Patience would have 15 babies for the badge to get a sim to have 15 babies. She had the babies but no badge. I worked out why and had another go with a different sim and it worked.

I loved playing with all of Patience's 15 children and did so for a long time. But eventually put them away thinking I'd go back to them one day.

The way I did it was she moved out each time she'd had 5 babies and moved in with a different daddy sim to have 5 more. This is why I didn't get the badge. You have to stay in the same house throughout.

At some point, early in this original Sunset Valley save I discovered the game had turned Gobias into a witch and Christopher Steel into a Werewolf. That's when I turned off Supernaturals in my Options. I want to control who becomes a supernatural in my games.

Later on I added a mod from NRAAS that I discovered was turning all of the toddlers in the game into Fairies. I got rid of that mod but I kept the little fairies as fairies. But no more were turned into supernaturals.

Initially I made a husband for Patience. His name was Marty Hansen. They had their 5 babies and she moved out to live with Gobias Koffi and stayed there until they had 5 babies. Then she moved out to live with a brand new sim I made for no real purpose, Ted Fields. Patience and Ted had 4 children together before Patience got involved with Christopher Steel. She always does that if he's in the game anywhere. She has a thing for Gobias too. She's a heartbreaker but hasn't achieved her lifetime wish yet - ever.

It was in this game that I first started playing a household and moving different sims through it. I wanted Patience to have time with all of her children so she moved into a large house and different children would stay with her for a while and they got skills and moved back with their father to allow others to move in with Patience. I found the children that had moved back with their father would often drop by after school and some would even stay the night. That was interesting and fun. I had no control over them but they would usually find a spare bed and spend the night with their mother.

Once I got mods in my game I thought I could more with them.

I packed them up in a NRAAS Porter save and moved them, with a few friends from Sunset Valley to Dragon Valley. I played there for ages. At the time I packed them up to move some of the children she had with Marty were teens and some were becoming young adults.

Henry Hansen met and married Siobahn Murphy and Percy Koffi met and married Lorna McCann. I didn't like that marriage but I found it impossible to break them up. Percy had just become a YA and Lorna was an elder. Haley Hansen kept getting involved with an elder too until he died of old age. I kept breaking them up but she kept going back to him. I made a couple of sims for her but she wouldn't have anything to do with them. They eventually married others from Dragon Valley and are in the game somewhere.

In Dragon Valley these oldest children of Patience were beginning to have babies. I was rotating between the houses trying to teach the toddlers their toddler skills and read toddler skill books. Eventually that got too much and I started moving them all into a single house. Then I got the idea of having a toddler school and I moved all of the townie toddlers in too.

Eventually Dargon Valley became unplayable and I used NRAAS Porter again to move everyone from Dragon Valley into Sunset Valley 2nd Edition Final world. It comes with some sims in it. It uses Sunset Valley but extends the playable area to most of the world and adds lots of extra lots and houseboats and sims. I don't know where all of the sims used to populate the world came from. I suspect some came from the Exchange and I know at least one came from Twinbrook.

At some point I decided to build a boarding school while in Sunset Valley 2nd Edition Final. I started training toddlers, children and teens from town. Originally I had a group of nannies who were permanent nannies. Then I decided to let them leave and moved in new nannies. Now I use the boarding school for training sims of just about any age. Nannies get skills while there too and once they have learned enough they move out and others move in.

When Sunset Valley 2nd Edition Final became unplayable I moved the all to Beach City and then to Twin Towns but always I ran into problems. Then they were all moved to Legacy Island III. Same problem.

Next I got the idea of using NRAAS Traveller mod and started using it to move households to other worlds. Then those worlds were all becoming unplayable for the reason of too many sims in town. So I added new worlds and moved sims around. But when did this I failed to update my spreadsheet which is why I'm now doing my census of all of the worlds in the game.

I have now completed my census and updated my spreadsheet for Moonlight Falls and Isle of Sims III.

Below I have listed some of the sims I found in Isle of Sims III.

Firstly relatives of Eric and Susanne. I found a few of them in Isle of Sims III

The first 5 babies Patience had were with Marty Hansen. I found one of them in The Isle Of Sims 3 world.

Henry Hansen with his wife Siobahn (Murphy from Dragon Valley) Hansen and their two children Richie and Raymond.
    I haven't played with this household very often or for long. Richie and Raymond have been to toddler school and primary (child) school. They need to go to teen school yet and might end up back at the boarding school for a while to do that.

Henry Hansen - son of Patience and Marty Hansen
    Henry-Hansen.jpg

Siobahn Hansen - Wife of Henry - originally Siobahn Murphy from Dragon Valley
    Siobahn-Murphy-Hansen.jpg

Raymond and Richie Hansen - teen sons of Henry and Siobahn
    Raymond-Hansen.jpg

Ritchie (the eldest of the two and he's had the most education)
    Richie-Hansen.jpg

======

I found a two of the children of Patience and Gobias Koffi in Isle of Sims III
    Gary Koffi and his wife and children and Plumbots

Gary is an adult
    Gary-Koffi.jpg

Fran Koffi (formerly Fran Flower - one of my sims I've used in a few games so she might be familiar to some of you). Fran is a fairy.
    Fran-Koffi.jpg

Brandi Koffi - daughter of Gary and Fran. Brandi is a toddler and a fairy and has no skills. She needs to go to boarding school soon.
    Brandi-Koffi001.jpg

Vince Koffi - son of Gary and Fran. Vince is a toddler and a fairy and has no skills. I see boarding school in his future.
    Vince-Koffi.jpg

The family has 3 Plumbots.
    Perl
    Perl-Koffi.jpg
    Gabe
    Gabe-KOffi.jpg
    Grant
    Grant-Koffi.jpg

I already showed you the Finnegans

Gabbi Finnegan is Gary Koffi's sister and the daughter of Patience and Gobias

Gabbi married Aaron Finnegan from Dragon Valley

Aaron Finnegan is an elder now and Gabbi is an adult
    Aaron
    AaronFinnegan001.jpg

Gabbi
    GabbiFinnegan001.jpg

Aaron and Gabbi have 2 teenage children - Andy and Doris

Andy has been well trained in toddler school and child boarding school
    AndyFinnegan001.jpg

Doris missed out and just aged up to teen without any skills. Doris looks a lot like her grandmother, Patience, with dark hair.
    DorisFinnegan001.jpg

====

Patience and Christopher Steel had a son, Craig. In this save Christopher and Craig and werewolves.

I found Craig in this world. Isle of Sims III. Craig was Patience's 15th child. He is still unmarried but I'll need to get him married soon if he's to have any babies before he becomes an elder.

Craig Steel - werewolf. Craig has inherited his mother's looks.
    Craig-Steel.jpg

NOTE: I have since given Craig a brother. Dan Steel was found by me in an old save from 2010 and he had a wife and 6 children. I added them to Patience and Christopher's family tree as another son. He was a son of that couple in the save I found him in. I've got Dan and his family living in Moonfall Island. Recently there was a tragic accident in the game when Dan's wife, Bonnie, burned to death.

That's it for the descendants of Patience in Isle of Sims III.

Oscar, Eric and Susanne have three households to visit in this world to get to know 6 of Eric and Susanne's cousins.

Some of the other sims I have in this world as townies. I do play them occasionally. They are all sims I made or who were born in game to sims I made.

Deb Dee is in my studio on the Exchange. I had her in the fairy village for a while but she isn't a fairy. She's single.
    DebDee.jpg

Don Genie was made by me to add a bit of trouble. He is a bit of a trouble maker. He flirts a lot and breaks their hearts. He is a Genie. No family for him yet.

DonGenie.jpg

Errol Flower. A fairy I made with some difficult traits to add some fun. He was introduced while I was playing in Beach City. I never saw him with the hair or outfit he's wearing in this picture. He tends to need to breath into a paper bag occasionally. He's still single.

Errol-Flower.jpg

Errol-Flower001.jpg

I found out old friend (from 30 Grandchildren series) Klaus Warner. He seems to be in the military career in this world. He will be familiar to anyone who watched the 30 Grandchildren series of videos.

Klaus-Warner.jpg

Louis Flower, a fairy toddler needing training. I didn't get pics of his parents. Both are old sims of mine. Elaine is a human made well before Supernatural was released, and her husband Jack Flower is in my Studio on the Exchange. Louis inherited his father's occult state. Louis needs to learn some skills - boarding school is in his future.
    Louis-Flower.jpg

Rose Flower. I think she's sharing a house with someone but is not romantically involved with anyone. She is in my studio on the Exchange. I have played with her in a few games but not recently.
    Rose-Flower.jpg

This sim is one I made relatively recently. She is Monique Potter. I made her initially as part of a small group of sims to live on a tiny island. Eventually I got so bored with such a tiny island that I abandoned the save. I eventually added the entire group to this save while it was in Twin Towns. I haven't played with her much. One of the others is currently married to Haley, Patience's wayward daughter, and they live in Lucky Palms.

Monique was used as my travelling sim when I wanted to move sims to and from Hidden Springs. She spent some time there in limbo while I played with others. Eventually I went to get her and she has now been moved to Isle of Sims III. I still haven't played much with her and I think she has about 1 skill. I feel I ought to marry her off to someone. I'll have to check traits to see if I have an available male sim for her to be with so they can have babies. I'd like it to be Craig Steel but I don't know if they have any compatible traits.
    Screenshot-47.jpg

The thing about Hidden Springs is I never really played in the world with the sims I placed there. Then I wanted to merge the McFluff Story videos with this Big Game. So I moved any of my sims I still had living in Hidden Springs to other worlds and then I replaced the .nhd file for Hidden Springs in this save with the .nhd file I had for Hidden Springs in the McFluff Story save. That's how I got Old Gertie and all of her cronies and their homes into this Big Game. Now they are spreading around different worlds in this Big Game.

One thing I learned during this census is that fairy toddlers who get hungry can, and do, spin into their tiny form and enter the fairy house to drink pollen punch. I saw both Louis and Vince do this. I got at least one of them on video while doing it so you'll see it if you watch the video when I put it all together.

Now I have to move on to the next world. I wonder who I'll find there.

Happy Simming all.
    Hello All

I had a busy day yesterday doing my census of the sims in Moonfall Island. I found a few in my spreadsheet that were not in the world, but I already knew about them and that's what prompted my census. And I found a heap that were in the world but not in my spreadsheet.

The method I used was
    1. I added a column in my spreadsheet where I put the day's date that I found them in the world.
    2. I clicked on the computer and chose NRAAS | Master Controller | Sim | Make Active | Homeworld. This gave me a list of sims I could make active in the current world. This was very helpful because other lists of sims I got included service sims and others I didn't want to know about.
    3. I updated my spreadsheet with the details in which I was interested and added the date in my new column.
    4. After working through ALL of the sims I could make active using Master Controller via the computer, I checked my spreadsheet by filtering on the HomeWorld column and seeing if there were any blanks. That told me who was in the spreadsheet but not updated. A quick check verified the ones not in the world.

So now I know who is in Moonfall Island as well as Moonlight Falls.

Because I made each household active I updated the details I wanted in my spreadsheet. And I thought it might be a good idea to check a few other things. I found a surprising number of sims were frozen. That explained why my teens had not had any success with trick or treating earlier. They only knocked on one door and stood and waited for that sim to emerge. When I got to that house doing my census I found the sim frozen just inside the front door and he was extremely sad. I reset him using ResetSim cheat. That fixed. There were a few others in similar situations.

Apart from resetting a few sims, other things I did were use Master Controller to pollinate at least one couple. I think I might have done it twice. The couple I remember doing it to was Triton King and his girlfriend, Cheryl. Cheryl is a mermaid I made and added to the household of the sim who I found frozen inside his front door. I had expected to find Triton King living in a large household of fellow mermaids. But I did remember seeing a message that Triton and Cheryl had taken their relationship to the next step and so, since he's nearly an elder in this game now, I thought they perhaps should start having babies. I did consider getting them married but decided not to as I was doing so much else to the whole world at the time. It'll be fun to have a baby or two of his in this save. I have his clone in the Isla Paradiso Bunch save. And I think I might have added those sims to a world in this save too.

This is the house the group of mermaids live in.
    Mermaid-House.jpg

I didn't want to take up much room on the beach so made the bottom level really small and expanded the size of each floor as I went up. I did this a few years ago. Recently I discovered somewhere in Europe people really built houses that got wider as they went up higher because they got taxed on how much space the ground floor covered.

I remembered to give each mermaid the 'permanent mermaid' lifetime reward. A few had lost their scales, including Triton King, but I was surprised that most still had them. One of the mermaids I made was the only problem as I couldn't remember exactly what her original scales looked like so I improvised. She has scales now. Of course, they lose their scales where they are no longer a mermaid. Two of the sims that had lost their scales I left without the mermaid occult state because they were sims I made and had added mermaid to their already existing occult state. One was a fairy and the other a witch. The sim who had been frozen just inside his front door was the fairy who had previously been a mermaid too. It was never successful with him and his tail often looked like he was walking around in a sack. The witch had worked better but I decided she could be just a witch for now.

I found a most of the sims I encountered has lots of stuff in their inventories. I sold all the small pets that go into cages or terrariums because they die in their cages and terrariums and it was going to be easier to just sell them, particularly since I often found 30 or 40 or more of them in each inventory. Other things I put into chests or the Supernatural cabinets. When I went to the Steel household the game kept freezing and it was just about impossible to play. I started emptying Dan Steel's inventory. He is the father of the household. I found he had hundreds of several different harvestables in his inventory. The standout was over 800 neutral crystal flowers. Once I emptied his inventory the game ran much better. When I emptied the inventories of all 6 of his children as well the game simply flew along. And since then I can save several times and the memory is being released much better now. For example after 4 or 5 saves I shut down and reloaded due to me being nervous. The memory usage still looked ok to keep going. Looks like I'll be emptying inventories in all of the worlds as I go along.

Back to George Flower. He was the one stuck inside his front door. I moved his little clone, Gavyn Flower, from the boarding school to live with George. I used Master Controller to make George adopt Gavyn so Gavyn is now his son. While Gavyn had been at the boarding school there had been a stray imaginary friend doll standing on the floor and I ignored it for ages but eventually I just had to clone it a few times to make sure everyone at the boarding school at the time had a doll.

Gavyn had been playing with his doll and I decided to make it real. I gave him his makeover and was happy. Then I cleaned out the family inventory. There was Gavyn's original doll. I pulled it out and put it on the floor to decide what to do with it. I was thinking of trying to transfer it to the boarding school to give to some other doll-less toddler or child or teen. As I was thinking of how to do that when the thing went live. I had a second or two of astonishment followed by panic followed by a decision to get Gavyn to make another potion to turn this second imaginary friend real. Then the second little IF became real and got his makeover.

Gavyn Flower with his two Imaginary Friends made Real, Ray and Bart. Previously Rags and Bo bo
    Gregg-Flower-With-Two-IFs-Made-Real.jpg

I was feeling poor George had been so lonely stuck inside his front door with no other sims living with him and how he has 3 little boys to play with. As I left the lot I saw the three children running around squealing and laughing as they played tag while George played in the sprinkler - and yes it is Autumn and the trees are all frosty. I left them to it before someone started complaining about the cold.

Eventually I got to the point where only the boarding school was left for me to deal with. It was time to send Mary Azul and her Imaginary Friend Pat with Petal Jayne home. They all live together with their mothers in a house on the beach. I

used Master Controller to get Mia Azul to 'adopt' Mary and Pat. And Sarah Jayne 'adopted' Petal to make them all officially little families. Mia Azul also 'adopted' Sandy Seaworth. I haven't found Salty yet. Sandy is a clone of Salty, and Mary is a clone of Mia.

When I had them all living together in a big house in Cake Island and I was making the 'Colourful Mermaids' videos I cloned George Flower, Mia Azul and Salty Seaworth just to see what would happen. At the time George Flower was a mermaid/fairy. I really wanted to see what his clone would be. Little Gavyn turned out to be a fairy. Back then George had red wings but they've gone white now. Gavyn has the red wings though.

Next thing was to make the imaginary friends real. Mary Azul had already made hers real while at the boarding school when I found her playing tag with him. So I got Petal to make hers real first. It turned out to be a little girl I named Coco. Then Sandy turned his real and he got a little boy named Richard. I saved after giving them makeovers. I was getting my screenshots when I heard a child singing to an imaginary friend. There was Pat, Mary Azul's IF made real singing to his imaginary friend. Where did that come from. That was when I realised I hadn't given Pat a proper makeover yet. He was still wearing his IF outfit. Mia Azul adopted Pat and Richard, and Sarah Jayne adopted Coco. Now I have to go back there and sort Pat out and his imaginary friend too.

Mary, Pat, Richard, Sandy, Coco and Petal at home.
    Mary-Azul-Pat-Azul-Richard-Sandy-Seaworth-Coco-Petal-Jayne001.jpg

Here they all are again but with Mia Azul and Sarah Jane joining them.
    Mia-Azul-Sarah-Jayne-And-Kids.jpg

That's it from me for now.

I'm getting back to work on sorting this spreadsheet out and the sims too.

Happy Simming all
    Today is the day for finding out new ways to break the game.

Petal, the Plant Sim was getting very hungry. She was starving. Now, Plant Sims don't have the hunger need because they absorb nutrients from their environment. I realised she had some sort of a bug, or the game did. So I decided to do the gentle ResetSim Petal Jayne which would/should just fix her quietly. It turned out that was a very bad idea. The following pictures show the instant result.

Reset-School1.jpg

Reset-School2.jpg

Reset-School3.jpg

The Steel children are all still mourning the sudden and unexpected death of their mother, Bonnie.

I left the game running in the background to write this and wanted to check something so clicked the focus onto the game and it shut down. So this will have never happened when next I load the game.

All I wanted to do was reset Petal quietly without disturbing her school day. I failed in that one - but she did get reset.

I have seen this sort of thing happen before when I've tried to reset a sim at work in a rabbit hole. I sort of hoped it wouldn't happen with the school - but of course it did. At least I got to see how many little sims are squeezed into that tiny school with their teachers. The teacher with the long curly blonde hair used to be a witch and mermaid. Now she's just a witch. I will leave her like that. She used to have bright pink scales. There seems to be a romance blossoming between her and the male teacher. I noticed he was her romantic interest when I fixed her inventory and recorded her location in my spreadsheet. I wondered how she knew him, and now I see it clearly. They are both at the school in the education career. Coral from the boarding school is the other teacher.

I'm thinking of playing the Steel household at some stage and trying to get Bonnie's ghost to eat Ambrosia. I have done that before with other sims who have died inconveniently and it works, but if the ghost doesn't want to eat and other family members are happy to eat the Ambrosia instead it can be a time when lots of life fruit and death fish are needed.

I had the three newly made real imaginary friends working on their child skills.

Paul-Richard-And-Coco.jpg

They had completed cooking and were onto the blocks. Looks like I'll have to start again. I think I saved after giving them their final makeovers. Pat has now lost his hat and his features have changed a bit. As well as a new wardrobe. Little Richard likes to look aggressive and mean. He's hot headed and a perfectionist. It'll be interesting to see how he gets along with others. I didn't choose their traits. I just accepted what they had.

I'm so close to having my spreadsheet completed for Moonfall Island. I just needed to tie up a few loose ends at the Azul house and add details of a few of the occupants of the boarding school before I move on to a different world.

Happy Simming
    edited March 2022
    It's been so long since I played this game that I needed to refresh my memory of where everyone is. I can't get it all sufficiently clear in my head after such a long break.

To refresh my memory, I've been doing a census of all of the worlds in the Big Game.

The currently active boarding school is in Moonfall Island which is just one of many worlds full of sims.

MoonfallIslandBoardingSchool.jpg

I have boarding schools in several of the worlds in the save and will often use them as temporary base camps when shuffling sims between worlds. I have also built smaller base camps and placed them in other worlds.

Some of the worlds don't have base camps or boarding schools yet so the sims just have to hope there is an empty house or lot for them to land on when arriving in the world.

This is the lot I use for my sims to arrive on in Isle of Sims III. I've been thinking of turning it into an official Base Camp.

Norbrewych002.jpg

It is a tiny houseboat designed for only one sim. I just need a spot sims can land on as they don't need to stay there for long.

This is the original boarding school building and I've placed it in a few different worlds. I originally built it on a flat lot in Sunset Valley.

BoardingSchool002.jpg

Some of the worlds have far too many sims in them and I'm going to need to add extra worlds to the game and move sims from overcrowded worlds into them. That's how I got so many worlds in the game in the first place. The number of sims grew that there were too many for just one world.

There are 13 worlds in this save apart from the 3 World Adventure worlds. I need to add at least one or two more worlds to assist the game in coping with all of the sims I have in the game. This save is used for two different video series as both stories require a save with multiple worlds and I decided to combine them in this one save.

When I finish my census and am ready to start moving sims around I think I'll look for medium sized unpopulated worlds. If you have any you'd like to recommend then please let me know about them. I do have quite a few worlds I downloaded and haven't ever installed and others I have installed but not used in the game yet so I may not need to find any new worlds to download.

I needed to remove the beautiful Coates d'Abonnay world from the game as the existing buildings in it were too tiny for me to easily record sims living in them. There were only 5 sims in that world as I'd already moved the rest out a couple of years ago. I moved most of them to Lunar Lakes last week. The problem is Lunar Lakes is a store world and it is already full of sims that come with the world and I really don't need more sims that aren't already part of the story in the game. So now I'm trying to decide what to do about that. I might keep them all in the world and ignore them for the most part. Or I might move the three households I already placed in that world to a different world, but I like the look of the world. The other possibility is to use a mod to totally annihilate all of the townies from the world. I think at this point I'm leaning towards the idea of moving my three households to a different, empty world and removing Lunar Lakes from this save.

Time came to send some sims home and I chose this group to be returned to Moonlight Falls. Eric and Oscar went with them as I needed at least one sim to return to Moonfall Island. In the end they stayed there for a while after the Wolff family moved out and I realised the household had no sim older than a teen in it but it seemed to work ok.
    GoingHomeDay.jpg

I managed to get the Wolff family home with no problems. If you've been watching my videos for a while now you'll know I have a thing about Imaginary Friends. I need all of my young sims to have one and I need to make it real and give it a major makeover. So Gator and Wilhemina each had imaginary friends and they had both made the necessary potion to make their imaginary friend real so they did that before I sent them back home with Erica. I'm sure when I first picked up Erica, Wilhemina and Gator that they were living in a house without the other two members of the household and that's why I took Erica too. But when I returned them to the world they came from Erica's husband and other son were living in it. So I moved them all in together.

Anyway Gator turned his IF real and here they are, Perry (the IF made real after makeover) and Gator.
    Perry-And-Gator.jpg

Wilhemina made Hesper real too and this is a pic of Hesper before makeover. I'm a bit annoyed that I forgot the get a pic of Hesper after makeover. She's gorgeous. Anyway, if you watch the video when it gets to that bit you'll see her.
    Wilhemina-And-Hesper.jpg

So after sending the Wolffs home I decided I'd return Gregg Craig to his family. I found the house and their name was on it's description but it was empty. So Gregg and his IF made real, Russel, had to return to Moonfall Island.
    GreggAndRussel.jpg

So that was one reason I had to do my census. I needed to find what I'd done with Gregg's family. I've got a spreadsheet with all of the worlds and sims and some info on each one in it. I will need it to help me get this story done when Oscar, Eric and Susanne start travelling to spend time with all (or most) of Eric's relatives.

Speaking of Eric's relatives. His grandfather, Gobias Koffi, died of old age some time ago. He had vanished from the game but I had already added Gobias's father, Gaylord Koffi, to the game so that held the Koffi branch of the family tree together. Then I had a look at Eric's family tree one day and noticed something totally unexpected.

GobiasInFamilyTree.png

Not only was Gobias still in the game somewhere, the game appears to have arranged for him to get married and have another child. I needed to find Gobias, and his new little family.

That's what I've been doing for the last several days.

Finally, yesterday I found Gregg's family and Gobias's new little family in Glenvale County. I had previously moved a lot of sims to that world but hadn't recorded any of them in the spreadsheet. The world wasn't in the spreadsheet at all. So yesterday I worked through adding them all. I have got about two thirds of it done.

Here's Greg's family. His mother Maggie, his father Ben and his two younger brothers Brendon and Billy (the toddler)
    Brendon-Billy-Ben-Maggie-Craig.jpg

I had already come across Gobias's tombstone in the graveyard of Cake Island. Then I found it is also in the graveyard of Glenvale County. I'm not sure what to do about that. I think I'll try to ignore it for now.

Then I found his new wife, Morrigan Koffi living with her parents in Glenvale County. Her parents are the O'Reillys from Dragon Valley. Her sister, Fiona, lives alone in a small house. I found Connie Koffi living in a third house with River McIrish.

Richard-Wheloff-Connie-Koffi-River-Mc-Irish001.jpg
    Richard Wheloff is visiting Connie Koffi and River McIrish.

So I've found the mystery sims and will get to work on the next video now. I'll complete my census after I've got a video up. I need to have the spreadsheet up to date so I can know where to find sims I want Eric to take Oscar and Susanne to meet.

That's it from me for now. Happy Simming all.
    It took a while but finally the video made it onto YouTube. I had to wait an hour or so this morning for it to finish loading.

https://youtu.be/OF_YSRZj1gY

In this episode the sims have a party in the boarding school. It was not an official party. The children and teens got into costume because it was spooky day but they had no luck with their attempts to go trick or treating. So they went home and autonomously went into party mode. Every child and teen had a different costume so it was fun. The adults didn't get into costume though.

After the party Erica Wolff called the travel agents to return home to Moonlight Falls. The travellers were Erica, Wilhemina and Gator Wolff as well as Gregg Watson (Craig) and of course, Eric and Oscar. On arrival at Moonlight Falls they stayed at the boarding school there and made Wilhemina, Gator and Gregg's imaginary friends real. The child imaginary friends learned the basic child skills and did a little fishing.
    Erica, Wilhemina and Gator returned to their home and found Dwayne and Waylon had moved into it while they were gone. So I just put them all back in there together. I suspect the game will move them around again if it deems necessary. I extended their basement a little to add two new bedrooms and a bathroom and left them to it.

Wilhemina-And-Hesper.jpg

It turned out to be impossible to return Gregg to his family as they've left the world. I have no idea where they went. In order to verify if they were sill in the game Gregg rang his father and they had a long distance chat. This situation led me to spend a few days, over a week, doing a census of the worlds in the game. I found Gregg's family. They were living in one of the worlds that I didn't have installed in this game so I had to find out which worlds were used but not installed and did some installing. The census is incomplete but I've done about half of it. I'll get back to it when I need to.

During my census of Moonlight Falls I found a few young sims who had no skills and were about to age up. I moved them to the boarding school and they learned a few basic skills. There are five werewolf toddlers who did all of their necessary toddler skills and read their toddler books, and two children learned their basic child skills and did some fishing. The children are Tawnya Wolff and Sophie Rodgers. I don't think Tawnya will be in most people's games. Not sure about that though. I hadn't encountered her before. She is the daughter of Pappy Wolff and Dede Wynn. I found them mourning the recent death of Pappy. There was another child who got trained too. A friend of Tawnya's but she didn't make it into the video and I don't remember her name. I became aware of her when I found her at Tawnya's house and the girls were playing. The teens I trained included Daydream Ivy, Zoe Durwood and Zac Durwood.

Oxley werewolf toddlers.
    Oxley-Toddlers-At-School.jpg

There is one short scene at the boarding school. It was a few days after the Wolff family returned to their home. It was the night of the Prom. I tried to get Eric to go but he couldn't. I think I must have done something to the boarding school to stop the children and teens from going to school. None of them went and I was wondering if I'd deleted the school but it is there and the Wolff family all had no problem attending school after they returned home. Anyway, Eric had to miss the Prom but he had visitors just before it started. They were Waylon and Wilhemina. Waylon was in his werewolf form and had words with Eric before bounding off. Then Eric and Wilhemina had a chat and some flirting. It was all quite romantic. It'll be interesting to see how that develops.

Eric teaching Jane Oxley to walk.
    JaneLearningToWalk.jpg

Daydream Ivy with the toddlers
    DaydreamIvyWIthTOddlers.jpg

The video ends just before the toddlers are returned home. The Durwoods are still at the boarding school as is Gregg and his imaginary friend made real as well as Oscar and Eric. The next episode will begin at the point this one ends as Zac Durwood picks up one of the toddlers at the end of this video. Then he wandered off into town carrying the toddler. I didn't have time in this video to follow his progress as I was wondering if he'd put the toddler down and walk off without him. It was all a bit scary.

I just put the recorded video together for the next episode. It's all over the place. I will see what I can do with it. I might find myself trying to recreate bits that didn't get recorded.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,016 Member
    @Karritz I watched your Oscar video, Episode 3. I love that large covered wrap-around porch for the boarding school. Because of bad weather, I tend to use a lot of sheltered areas in Sims games. Useful for gardens too. ...Cute scene with the kids bobbing for apples. ...That kitchen set in the school was one of my favorites. I forget what it's called. ...I love Sims 3 fairies. The wings are so pretty. Sims 4 doesn't have fairies, only a fairy costume. ...I found Imaginary Friends really annoying after they became live dolls. I always gave them the potion as soon as I could! ...Fun seeing the curfew scene with the boy getting a police escort home. ...So many toddlers! Do the adults take care of most of their needs on their own, or do you have to direct a lot of their actions? ...LOL at the little werewolf clawing at the planter. ...I like watching your videos. Since I'm not playing Sims 3 anymore, it's great to see all the items and activities I used to love. I enjoy Sims 4, but Sims 3 has a lot of things to offer too.

You asked about the code to unlock career rewards. These are the only ones I remember for Sims 3 that might help:
    • buydebug [on|off] - lets you buy anything, including locked objects (must enter testingcheatsenabled true in console first)
    • If that doesn't work, maybe try typing the command "help" (without quotes) to display a list of all cheat codes (might need to first type testingcheatsenabled true to get an advanced list).
    edited March 2022
    @lanlyn thanks for the comment and info. I will try typing help and see what I can find out. The rewards are hidden in Buydebug. I have found a mod that'll unhide them but I haven't tested it yet. I have way too many mods in my game already so will try to find out that shortcut using help.

For some reason I love giving the imaginary friends a makeover. I can see no logical reason for the fact that it is so much more fun than making a new sims from scratch. :D

I do tell the sims in the videos to do things occasionally but mostly I just see things they do autonomously. For example that scene between Eric and the two Wolff teens happened autonomously. But I wasn't able to get a usable video of it. All the surrounding objects were pure grey and by the time they rendered Waylon had bounded off the the scene was just about over. So I was thinking I'd have to not use it at all. But I wanted to. So in the end I managed to set it up again and got video of it this time. That's the first time I've done that sort of thing. I do often save as and then go back to a previous save to video a bit more of something that has happened and I missed most of it when it initially happened.

Of course I have to tell them to do most of the things they do such as teaching toddlers their skills, or develop their own skills using various objects or reading skill books or recipes. But a lot of it is me reacting fast if I see a sim doing something. That's why often it's just a short snatch of a scene when something happens. Such as when I caught Maya Ocean at the Wishing Well, I had no idea she was on the lot. Then later on she left and I just saw her in the background and tried to get a bit of her leaving on video. Since then I've found other mermaids at that wishing well but didn't get it on video. I'm wondering why they keep visiting it. When I first built that boarding school I had a lot of sims from other worlds that I was moving to the world living at the boarding school so it is possible they were living there for a while when I was building it and remember the wishing well. I know the boarding schools do attract sims who have been at them and then been moved to their own homes.

So the videos are a combination of me telling sims what to do and sims just doing things. The challenge is to make a story out of the series of short videos and screen shots I have at the end of playing.

I'm glad you're enjoying them. I have lots recorded for another video but am not sure when I'll be able to get it made. Hopefully soon.

Happy Simming
    My census of all of the worlds in my Big Game continues. Once I've got it all worked out and running smoothly I'll be able to continue with videos for Oscar's story. I need to do the census because when I tried to return some sims from the boarding school in Moonfall Island to their homes I found their parents no longer lived in the world and I had no idea where they'd gone. There are about 13 worlds in the game and the parents could have been anywhere. Last time I looked at this was about 2 years ago so my memory failed me. I thought they could be in one of about 4 worlds I'd added relatively recently and I could have searched those worlds but I decided my spreadsheet supporting this game was so out of date it would be better to do a full census of all of the worlds. If I didn't do this census I could find myself constantly wondering where to find sims that Eric, Susanne and Oscar were planning to visit for one of the future videos.

Now my census is almost complete. It has taken all of March and now we are into April and I'm still working on it.

I've decided worlds with 80 or less sims in them run more smoothly in this game on my computer.

Things I've found during the census...
    Barnacle Bay has 93 sims and has memory issues so I'll need to move about 10 to 15 sims out of that world.

Bellatrix has 53 sims in it and seems to run well. There are not many empty houses or empty lots and it is a very distinctive world so I probably won't be moving more sims to it.

Cake Island has 89 sims and is borderline. I think it'll be more stable if I move a household or two to a different world.

China will be ignored due to it being a World Adventures world and I don't have my sims living there.

Chocolate Cake Island is very difficult to play due to the excesses I added to it. The boarding school there is unique and has lots of stuff in it. To add to its woes I added a large 64x64 garden across the street. In order to do anything at all with this world I've had to remove all sims except for the boarding school which is currently holding about 6 sims who need to go home to their families when I find where their families are. I will probably replace the nhd and ExportDB file for this world with a fresh version once I get all sims out of it and then it will probably be available for me to move sims from over populated worlds into it.

Cotes d'Ambonnay is a beautiful world and I had 5 sims living in it. I tried using it for my videos but found the houses too tiny for me to easily manage to record sims in action for my videos. And it's a medieval world which isn't really the theme for the video series I'm working on. So I've removed the sims from the world. It's still in the game but I won't be placing any sims for my video stories in it again.

Cornucopia is a world I looked at previously and thought probably too small for my videos but I had a little play with it recently and enjoyed it. I have now moved 39 sims to it from Dark Harbor. It runs beautifully.

Dark Harbor - I left this world to last as it is currently the main focus for my McFluff story videos. It also contains most of my favourite witches and a few households that are related to Eric and Susanne. There were about 83 sims in the world. When I sent my sim there I started my census and discovered many of the residents had extremely overfull inventories. I started emptying inventories and when I tried to save I got Error 12. I wasn't expecting this as the world wasn't using a large amount of memory.

I proceeded to waste about 2 days trying different things with Dark Harbor and always got Error 12. So I moved 39 of the sims and some of their houses to Cornucopia.

I returned to Dark Harbor and tidied up a few households with problem inventories and tried to save. The world now has 48 sims in it and several empty lots. I expected it to run well and save. I got Error 12.

I've also had issues with sims becoming corrupt in this world. Losing their bodies and on resetting them with Master Controller they get entirely new appearances. They are unrecognisable. One child couldn't be retrieved even with a strange new body. So I've decided to move all sims out of the world.

This morning I've been looking for another world I've not used before in this game. I had a close look at several worlds and finally decided to use Glenvale City. I have just installed it and will launch and start setting it up after I finish this post. Once I'm happy with it I'll start moving the remaining sims from Dark Harbor to Glenvale City. It is a flat, unpopulated world so shouldn't give me many problems. I need unpopulated worlds as I already have about 1,000 sims in this game and I don't want any more in it.

My spreadsheet tells me Dragon Valley has 1sim in it and that sim is Blossom Flower. But Blossom Flower is definitely living in Dark Harbor. I haven't had a look inside the world yet and will do that last of all as I don't think I have any sims in it that I would want to include in my story videos I'm making in this Big Game. I am considering DV as an empty world available for me to send my sims to from other worlds with too m any sims living in it. The original population from Dragon Valley are now well entrenched in my Big Game and are scattered all over the other worlds in this game so I definitely don't want any of the sims that ship with Dragon Valley to be living in it unless I move them there from other worlds.

Egypt is another World Adventures World and I don't want to send my sims to live there. They do visit occasionally though. Especially to buy things they might need or to do some collecting or fishing. All of the tombs have been completed so it is just a vacation world now.

Erewhon is where Oscar was born and some of his family and friends from his early childhood are still living there although he believes they all died in the meteor attack that killed his parents. There are currently 9 sims living in that world and I don't want to move any additional sims to it yet. Or maybe ever.

France another World Adventures World where my sims can visit but not live.

Glenvale County is a flat rural type of world where I moved sims from other overpopulated worlds a few years ago and failed to update my spreadsheet. The census is now complete and there are 70 sims living in the world. It runs beautifully. I've now completed my census of this world and updated my spreadsheet.

Grey Meadow Islands a lovely world where I moved sims from other overpopulated worlds a few years ago and failed to update my spreadsheet. There are 69 sim living there and it runs beautifully. I've now completed my census of this world and updated my spreadsheet.

Hidden Springs is the world where the McFluff story began as did Oscar's original game that inspired his series of videos. The census of the world is now complete and there are 52 sims living in it. They are mainly the sims that shipped with the world, but Old Gertie McFluff is still living there with her 15 cats. I plan for Oscar and Louise to live there eventually. I had previously had both Old Gertie and Oscar and Louise living in that world together and each household knew the other household and I thought that was fun so I decided to combine both video series into a single Big Game. Mostly because trying to maintain two completely different games with so many worlds in them would have been overwhelming for me to try to manage.

Isle of Sims III is a world where I moved 43 sims from over populated worlds. I have now completed my census of that world and have updated my spreadsheet.

Legacy Island III is a world I previously had most of my sims for the big game living in. It soon became unplayable. It is currently empty and I don't plan to move sims to it again. It seems to need more memory to run that other worlds I'm using. This could be due to it having a resort and some hidden islands.

Lucky Palms has 113 sims in it. It seems to run well but I think I'll move a few out soon. A lot of Eric's relations live in this world including his parents and grandmother, Patience.

Moonfall Island has 54 sims in it and it could benefit from having a few less. This is probably due to it containing my currently active boarding school which is often overpopulated.

Moonlight Falls has 93 sims in it. Most of them are original sims that came with the world. It is difficult to save and needs to have more sims moved out to other worlds.

Norbrewych is a world I moved sims to from over populated worlds a couple of years ago. It has 31 sims living in it and runs well. I probably won't want to move more sims to this world.

Sunlit Tides has 93 sims in it. Mostly they are original sims from the world. I have already moved numerous sims out of this world. The problem I had at that time was there were no empty houses or lots and the world was bursting from so many sims living there. This is a world (along with Barnacle Bay) from which I first started moving sims.

cy518f285cai.png

edited April 2022
    Here is some more information on my current efforts to conduct a census of the worlds in my Big Game.

I left Dark Harbor to the end and I'm over half way through the census of that world. But I have a huge problem with it. Nothing I do will allow me to save it. I keep getting Error 12. The thing is that the memory usage appears to be much less than the 3GB level that usually causes me problems. I simply can't send a sim to it and save without getting Error 12. Even if there is only about 2.2 GB of memory used it still gives me Error 12. Very frustrating. I use Window's Resource Monitor to check memory use.

I've tried lots of different things and have decided the next step for me will be to start a series of new games and have a look at a few of the worlds I have installed that I haven't used yet. When I find two that I like, I'll start moving Sims from Dark Harbor.

There are a lot of sims in Dark Harbor and that could be my problem. It is an important world for me as it has most of my witches living in it and some important branches of the main family begun by Patience. But most of all The McFluff Story main characters of the new generation live there. I can't continue my McFluff videos without them.

I've found I can save if I send a Sim from Dark Harbor to China and then Save. But the problem when she returns to Dark Harbor from China is the Game has lost all information about the appearance of the sims. They have no bodies. They are invisible. I can play with them in a limited fashion, but not see them. I tried using Master Controller to reset the lot and they get brand new bodies and clothing so they are totally unrecognisable. I tried this twice and got the same result both times. I did eventually, the next day, try it again and this time the Sims in Dark Harbor were mostly good. Only one had permanently lost her body. I managed to get her back by going back to an older save.

When my sim was in China I saved with a new name after I replaced the nhd and ExportDB files for Dark Harbor to the new save from a very recent previous save. This fixed the problem with invisible sims and much less memory was used. I saved when in Dark Harbor and still got Error 12. So I'm working on fixing the problem by moving sims out to other worlds.

I'm finding a few extremely full inventories and I think there might be a few really big gardens in Dark Harbor. But the world seems to be corrupt.

I think I need to keep the population of my sims down to 80 or under for the worlds to run nicely.

I have 6 worlds that are giving me problems. All have over 80 sims in them. Their populations are in the range of 85 to 113 sims. I'm going to add a few new empty worlds and move sims to them from the 6 worlds that are overpopulated.

I've found Legacy Island III won't hold 80 sims comfortably, probably because it has a resort and hidden islands.

Dark Harbor is the only one that won't let me save at all.

I'm not sure how I'll manage to get the sims out of there and maintain relationships with other sims in other worlds. I thought I might be able to use NRAAS Porter mod to pack up a few households that don't have family relationships outside of the world and move them together.

I managed to move 39 Sims from Dark Harbor to Cornucopia which was totally empty. I used NRAAS Porter Mod to do it. I included families and a few single sims with no relatives. I checked family trees to be sure I wasn't going to leave family members behind in Dark Harbor as the links would have broken outside the packed group of sims.

I decided not to worry about friendships as that would have been way too complicated.

Since Cornucopia was empty, and to unpack the sims packed with Porter mod you need at least one sim in the world. So I made a new fairy using the gem skins from Moonskin93. Her name is Elaine Flower and she's fairy mascot for Cornucopia. Not all worlds have one of these fairies but a few do. I think Elaine is the 5th or 6th that I've made.

Elaine-Flower001.jpg

I put her into a tiny house that came with the world. She has ocean views.
    Elaine-Flower002.jpg

Elaine-Flower003.jpg

I replaced most of the furniture and added some extra bits and pieces to make her comfortable.
    Elaine-Flower004.jpg

Some of the households I Ported to Cornucopia had houses I wanted them to continue living is so I saved a few of their houses to my library and placed them into the new world. When the sims were unpacked in Cornucopia, those who ended up in the wrong place got moved into their own homes. Others just had generic homes with no special contents in Dark Harbor so I let them find a new home in Cornucopia.

There was a problem with one household. The youngest daughter had been partially removed from the game in Dark Harbor. She was mostly no longer in the household but she was invisibly still hanging around. She didn't have a portrait in the portrait panel on the left of the screen. No amount of resetting or any other thing I did returned her to the household and she was never seen except in lists of sims. I was thinking I'd have to try to use the mod to totally annihilate her. But I didn't want to lose her so I launched an earlier save and got a copy of her. Previously I'd tried saving a child alone in my library and couldn't get him out again. So I grabbed another sim not currently in the game and he escorted her in the library. I placed this pair into an empty house in the new world. I planned to annihilate him when she was back with her family. Then I unpacked everyone with the help of Elaine Flower.

During the unpacking process the mod warned me there appeared to be a potential doppelganger in the world. I allowed the mod to deal with it and it had identified little Karen and she ended up back with her family as good as before and I didn't need to fix the relationship. She was automatically moved from the household of her escort.

Here is the affected family, they are the Thompson Household. The child, Karen, is the one who was too corrupted to appear in the game but the mod merged the copy of her I got from a previous save back into the family using her information that was still there.

The-Thompson-Household001.jpg
    Karen and her mother are witches. Karen's parents are both really old sims from around 2010 or 2011. Her father is sitting at the desk. And she has a teenage brother.

A couple of the households made it into their own homes but others had to be moved around.

Sims with no home that came from Dark Harbor found themselves in new houses that came with Cornucopia. I discovered the houses were not totally completed with the required furnishings. A few of them had no kitchen sink and other things were missing so I had a look at them and updated and added items to each one.

Some of the houses I brought from Dark Harbor were on lots that didn't fit into any existing lot in the new world. So I had to add extra lots and this led to problems with them sinking into the ground so I had to use the SetImportedTerrainOffset cheat to get them into the world. Some of them are a bit wonky but they will do.

Another problem I had was getting their street addresses. But I managed to get a workable address for each of them in the end. I need to record the addresses if I use the boarding school. I need to know where to return sims when they are ready to go home from boarding school. This is how this census began when sims were not found living in worlds my spreadsheet indicated the belonged in.

The process of moving 39 sims from Dark Harbor to Cornucopia took me all day.

Once I had bulldozed houses in Dark Harbor and removed 39 sims from it leaving only about 43 still in the world, I emptied a few more inventories and decided to save. Same problem - Error 12. I think the world is corrupt so I will now move the remaining sims to another world. I won't be able to pack all of them into a Porter file because several of them have relatives living in other worlds and I don't want to break that relationship. It'll be way too hard to fix it for all of them if I break it. So the witches and some other sims will be packed into Porter files and the others will just have to travel to their new world. I think I've identified 16 sims that will need to travel to their new world. That seems to be too many for one journey. I'll think I might just travel with the parents of those households as they connect to the family members in other worlds. I should be able to port the children and reconnect their family trees with their parents when they unpack from the Porter file. I'll see what happens.

As you may know, one purpose of all of this is to allow Eric to know where all of his relatives are living so he can take his little sister, Susanne and his friend Oscar to visit. I have found lots of his relatives and my spreadsheet is set up to let me filter on every sim that is descended from Eric's grandparents. Patience and Gobias are Eric's relevant grandparents. He doesn't know his grandparents from his mother's side of the family as her parents were not supplied. Her name is Lorna McCann and she came with the Dragon Valley world.

On my travels I managed to get a few screen shots of some of the inhabitants of other worlds.

I found Eric's parents living in Lucky Palms. They haven't moved so my spreadsheet told me exactly where they are.

Lorna McCann is from Dragon Valley. She was an elder when she married Percy Koffi. Percy had just aged up to Young Adult at the time. They partied on together until she was past due to die of old age. Then Percy decided to learn to make potions. He made her a Young Again potion so now she's younger than he is. He also made the potion to turn his imaginary friend real so he used that one too on his Imaginary Friend. That was the first time I'd ever made an imaginary friend real.

Here are Lorna and Percy - Koffi or Eric's Parents.
    Erics-Parents001.jpg

Eric and Susanne were born after Lorna became young again. But their parents ignored them so I moved them to the boarding school permanently. That's why Eric has so many skills and I've played with him so much.

Percy Koffi riding his broom in his home world, Lucky Palms.
    Percy-Koffi.jpg

I came across this scene. Grant Genie teaching his toddler son, Donald, to Walk.
    Grant-Genie-Teaching-Donald-Genie-To-Walk.jpg

I found the sims in many of the worlds are extremely active in attending classes and gaining skills and visiting all sorts of venues in the world. I didn't realise how active they all are until I had to catch them each to get their information for this census.

This sim was found living in another world. She is a level 10 acrobat. I'd love to get some video of her performing. Maybe that'll happen in a future episode when Eric and friends visit her world. I made a big tent with a showtime stage in it and I had her performing in that a few years ago and got lots of screen shots. Now that I made videos I want do get her performing again and record it.

Megan-Genie001.jpg

Megan-Genie002.jpg

I have no idea where the screenshots of her performing are.

That's it from me for today.

Happy Simming All.

edited April 2022
    I'm still working on moving my sims out of Dark Harbor.

I sent some to Cornucopia and I posted about them already.

The rest have arrived safely in Glenvale City.

Dark Harbor is now empty of my sims.

The thing I ended up doing was starting a new game in Dark Harbor. Then I shut down the game and copied the nhd file for Dark Harbor from my Big Game save and replaced the nhd file in the new game in Dark Harbor. Then I launched the game. It mostly seemed to work.

The only issue I had was with one household. I have a sim, a son of Patience, named Tom Fields. He is important to the story and pops into it occasionally. Somehow he managed to become a bigamist. He has a long time wife and family in Lucky Palms which is where his main residence is. Then he visited family in Dark Harbor and caught up with an ex-girlfriend from their boarding school days. They got along very well and soon there was romance and babies and getting married. I thought this would be typical sort of thing for a child of Patience. She is a heart breaker and has had a series of partners. It's just that Tom has taken it to another level.

Well, during my census I found Tom living happily with his wife and family in Lucky Palms. So I didn't expect him to appear in the game when I launched it. He wasn't in Dark Harbor, but when I loaded the game with only the Dark Harbor nhd file he was suddenly in the house with his second wife and children. This was going to give me problems. Although it may have been a great solution for the two wives.

So I got Isabel to travel to Glenvale City with the Hansen family. This is Marty with his second wife, Marcie and their 4 children. Marty was married to Patience and they had 5 children together before she moved out to live with Gobias and have 5 more children with him. Marcie moved in with Marty as a live in nanny but they eventually decided to get married and have a family together. It was this family who Isabel took to Glenvale City. Before they travelled I saved the Hansen home to my library and I placed it in Glenvale County. There is plenty of space in this new world. And it is not populated so I can move all of the sims still in Dark Harbor into the world.

After placing the Hansens I sent Isabel back for the Harmons but that didn't work. Tom's second wife is part of the Harmon family. The Harmons are from a very early game I was playing soon after Sims 3 was released.

In order to not lose all of my witches and the Harmons and Tom's second family and a few others I tried the desperate and tricky step of copying across the Dark Harbor nhd file from the Big Game save to the new save I just made.

When I launched that new save with the old nhd file in it I was stunned to see an absolutely perfect Tom living with Donna and their three toddlers. I'd just had Donna active and Tom wasn't in the world but when I opened the same nhd file in a fresh save there he was.

I decided to worry about that later. I packed up the Harmons, including Donna and the toddlers using NRAAS Porter. Then I did it again, but this time I included Tom in the packed file.

Then I saved the Harmon houses to my library.

Then I packed up all of the remaining sims from the world and saved most of their homes to the library.

Then I launched the Big Game and opened it with Isabel in Glenvale City. I put the Base Camp from Dark Harbor into Glenvale City as that helps greatly when sims are travelling around.

I sent Isabel to Lucky Palms to pick up the valid version of Tom and they travelled back to Glenvale City together.

I placed the houses from my library. Some needed me to place new different sized lots but I eventually got them all into the world.

Next I unpacked the Harmon file without the extra version of Tom. I moved the version of Tom that Isabel had brought from Lucky Palms into the house with Donna and the toddlers. I checked their family trees. Their family trees were messed up. Donna had the toddlers in her family tree. Tom had Donna and the toddlers in his family tree. But they didn't know each other. I was faced with some mind numbing issues to fix the family trees. It could probably have been done but I didn't like the idea of trying to fix it.

So I shut down and relaunched, still with the Tom from Lucky Palms in the Base Camp with Isabel. This time I unpacked the version of the Harmons with Tom in it. When it was unpacking the mod asked me if I wanted it to automatically handle potential doppelgangers. I said YES!!!

Then I moved Tom in with Donna and their family trees were all good and they were all together as a family. I still have to return him to Lucky Palms.

I managed to get all of the Harmons into their various houses. All but one of the five Harmon children are Young Adults now but Donna is the only one to be married. The others are all single and found homes around the world. I redirected a few of them and spent time with each household upgrading fridges and stoves and beds etc. And emptying inventories. Then I saved and had a sleep as it was late at night her by then.

Next day I unpacked the witches and the rest of the occupants of Dark Harbor into their houses.

One family, The Kelly's from Dragon Valley were living in a dark house. You may remember the dark grey stone build I refreshed and made all white and shiny for the 30 Grandchildren Game. Well, they were in that house, but their version was before I spent a day giving it a makeover. So I didn't get a copy of their house. I checked and none of their personal stuff was in it so I just picked them up. And I placed the shiny white version of that house into Glenvale City and moved the Kellys into it. I spent a bit of time with them redecorating and left them to it.

Then I focused on the Bombay families. The Bombays are mostly all witches. They are from a few different previous games. One game was played in Alpine County. It was where I was trying to get my male witch, Gene Bombay, to have babies in as many different ways as possible. All sorts of things went on including me adding a moodlet to give him an alien pregnancy. It wasn't until much later that I learned witches can't have alien pregnancies. But he had the moodlet and the pregnancy proceeded and Sophia was born.

I captured Sophia's mother and her alien brother Orthopox and they were packed in the Porter file with the Bombays.

Gene lived with three female witches and one of them seduced Orthopox and had a baby with 54% Alien DNA.

Altogether there were about 30 Bombays in that world. There are more of them in other worlds including Moonfall Isalnd. They all know each other and some are related to each other. I first played some of them in Dragon Valley. Except a couple of them may have been played briefly. I initially made 15 female witches and then I made a similar number of male witches. The reason was to attempt some badges relating to witches. I forget the details now but I never got them. Mostly because I lost interest. I found the effort a bit boring. But I had all of those witches I'd made and wanted to use them somehow so I made the Witches Village in Dragon Valley. Most of the houses the Bombays now live in were built up on that plateau in Dragon Valley. They are tiny buildings with large to massive basements.

And as I was placing all of these witches into their rightful homes it occurred to me that the children have imaginary friends in their inventories. And you know what I like to do to imaginary friend dolls. So I interrupted my placing Bombays into their homes to work with each family as I came to it. I got them into their correct home and then I turned each and every imaginary friend real. So far I've completed 2 households. I am working on a third. But I'm getting a collection of interesting imaginary friends made real.

It's late here now and I'm tired so I'll continue working on it tomorrow.

And something else I did wrong and have to decide how to fix. Remember I posted pictures of Amethist yesterday. Well, I forgot Blossom Flower was living in Dark Harbor and she was packed with the Bombays. So now I have two special gem covered fairies in Glenvale City. I want only one of them in each world so I might move Amethist to another world that doesn't have a gem covered fairy. She could possibly go to Glenvale County.

But I did get some screen shots today so I'll share some here to give you some idea.

This is Bernadette Bombay. She's 54% alien DNA and born in game as mentioned above.
    Bernadette-Bombay.jpg

This is Fabian Shukepoj. He is the Imaginary Friend made real of Sophia, the alien baby born to my male witch, Gene Bombay.

I thought his pose amusing. I don't have any poses in my game so this is something he came up with on his own. I just screenshotted it.
    Fabian-Shukipoj002.jpg

I almost gave him green alien skin but decided not to - for now.

Fabian-Shukipoj001.jpg

I almost lost the made over version of him. I tried to save one too many times and got an Error 12. But it did let me 'Share' him so I have him in my library and as a .Sims3Pack file. Now I've got to decide what to do with the unmadeover version of him that I saved previously. Maybe I'll make that version with a green alien skin. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Gene Bombay's dog had some old bones in his inventory and he managed to reconstruct a couple of things with them.
    Dog-Constructing-Found-Bones.jpg

Gotta get those inventories emptied.

This is Britney Bombay - one of the children born in the game where Gene was trying to get babies in all sorts of different ways. Britney was cloned from dna Gene got from Bunnie Bombay. So she came out of a machine.
    Britney-Bombay001.jpg

I didn't get a pic of her imaginary friend once it was made real and made over. Fabian is the only one I got a pic of unfortunately. Lucky I managed to save him. I wasn't looking forward to making him over again.
    Britney-Bombay002.jpg

Belinda Bombay is the daughter of Bess and Gene Bombay. She was just born as a result of them trying for baby.
    Belinda-Bombay001.jpg

That's it. Tomorrow is another day. I've almost completed working through the Bombays so I have the Rackets to do next and the Shukepojs and I'm sure there'll be a few others. It's just the older Rackets. Shark is in Lucky Palms having babies with one of Patience and Marty's daughters. You'll see that mixed up family at some stage when Eric and Co visit them on one of their holidays to Lucky Palms. They'll be visiting Lucky Palms a few times as several of Eric's relatives live there, including his parents.

Happy Simming All

EDIT: One thing I've noticed is that since I've been using Traveller mod to set sims in other worlds to not age, the previously aged up sims are reverting to their previous youthful stages. You can see Bernadette as a child in a screen shot I got today. She's sitting in on a chair in the background of one of the shots I posted above. And yet, in a screen shot I got of her a few days ago and also posted above, she's a teen. She seems to have reverted to being a child. I've noticed this happening with lots of young sims. I'm finding that interesting and wondering if I'll see it happening in other worlds when I visit them again.

edited April 2022
    This morning I decided to use Isabel to take Ted back to his family in Lucky Palms. I wasted ages looking for Isabel. She has completely vanished from the world. I've had her waiting for me in the Base Camp. She's been running around town getting up to whatever SP decides to tell her to do. I've been turning all of the imaginary friends belonging to the young witches real. That's taken a lot of time.

In the end I just sent Tom off to Lucky Palms on his own. I remembered he has a doll in his inventory and was thinking I might try to make it real and use it as my travelling sim. When we arrived in Lucky Palms he arrived in the Base Camp I placed there a few days ago. I checked his relationship panel and immediately noticed Isabel is now living in Lucky Palms. That's so annoying. I never sent her there she just went. She's got herself a job there too.

After a bit of messing around I managed to get Tom back with his Lucky Palms wife and family. Then I identified two households I want to move to Glenvale City. I have only 43 sims living in GC and there are over 113 living in Lucky Palms.

I'll send a witch who was never part of the witches village in Dragon Valley so she doesn't know any of the Bombays.

TT039.jpg

She was made years earlier and added to the Big Game when they were in either Beach City or Twin Towns. She has a plant sim child with her that she picked. So I'll move them first. Then I'll come back again for the Hanson family. This is Mark Hanson.

Lucky Palms is a world principally filled with sims who are descendants of Patience. Mark is not descended from her. His parents are Marty and Marcie and they already live in Glenvale City because they were living in Dark Harbor. Mark is their eldest son and he is married and has 6 children. I didn't remember he had 2 babies, maybe it's 3 babies, plus two toddlers and a child.

I got a few screen shots of some of the imaginary friends I made real in Glenvale City. They are mostly teens but there are some children. I lost one of the children because of Error 12 after I gave him a makeover. Funny thing is I was very unhappy with his makeover and thought I'd probably have to do it again at some stage. So I wasn't too sad when I lost him. I thought I'd saved him after he became real and just lost the makeover but when I reloaded he was still a doll in his owner's inventory. So he got made real again and this time he was a she. So I made her over and am happy with her. Here are some pics.

There is a 40x40 lot in this world that is surrounded by a street with houses. And there is a 30x30 park that came with Katy Perry Sweet Treats Stuff Pack. I placed the park in the middle of the empty lot.

KPSTPark.jpg

Some of the Bombays were visiting it. You can see Valmae, the one reading in the background, and a plant sim named Joseph who was picked by and lives with Gene Bombay, and a child playing in the sand. The child is Helen Bombay. Valmae just adopted her. She's the one that replaced the boy I lost after his makeover I didn't like.

Valmay-Joseph-And-Helen-Bombay001.jpg

I was determined to get a screen shot and maybe some video too, of the doll becoming live. The game throws you up to look down at it from above and I wanted to get a pic straight on and after numerous failures I finally managed to get a couple of pics of it happening from the angle I wanted. This is Hesper becoming live and Hesper was eventually made real and became Helen.

Helen-Becoming-Live.jpg

And the little witch, Jasper, is her owner and is watching his doll turn live.
    Jasper-And-Helen-Becoming-Live.jpg

Jasper is Valmae's son. He's at school when I got the screen shot in the park.

I did some redecorating while I was making all of these imaginary friends real. I added the sofa and table and bookcase in the back. At the time I was wondering what to do with the ugly free wooden floor. I tried to recolour the tablecloth on that little round table and missed and did the floor instead. I liked the effect and decided to keep it. So they got a blue floor. Looks a lot better than the free brown wood.

Redecorated.jpg

The teen looking at the flowers on the round table is Sophia. She is an alien child born to Gene. Her mother and brother also live in the world and her alien brother is the father of one of the other little sims I posted about yesterday.

Redecorated-ABit.jpg

I also added extra bedrooms and bathrooms so everyone can have a sleep, not that they'll use them because I won't be playing these households much.

I've got a couple more random newly made over imaginary friends made real.

Here's Lance, previously Lucky.

Lance-Bombay.jpg

Lance was the doll owned by James Bombay. James is an evil sim and he is a clone of Gene Bombay. He aged up to teen while living in Dark Harbor and I didn't get a chance to dress him so, if you watch my videos, James is the one you might see around town dressed as an Egyptian. I decided I'll leave him like that for now and maybe do something else with him when he ages up to Young Adult, or if I ever play his household.

The final newly made over Imaginary Friend made real is Carla. She was previously Cosmo and her owner is Joseph, the plant sim you see in the park in the screenshot above. Gene Bombay picked Joseph.

Carla-Bombay.jpg

Carlas-Career-Outfit.jpg
    This is Carla getting her career outfit. I dress them in Stylist and I've started giving them their career outfits first. Because I used to spend ages going through all of the hairs trying to find the perfect hair for them and then I'd carefully do all of their outfits to suit them with that hair and get to the career outfit and about 9 times out of 10 it will give them some random new hair that looks terrible. By then I'm over the whole process but I have to go back to the hairs and search and try to find the one I chose or, if that's too difficult something similar.

Sometimes I just keep the hair the career outfit gave them because it's something I would never have chosen myself but it looks ok so I keep it as otherwise I'd never have a sim with that hair in my game. I also keep some of the outfits the game generates for them, but not often.

There are a heap of other imaginary friends made real but I didn't get pictures of all of them. They will be seen in future videos once I have this game fully sorted out.

I also have to add Glenvale City to my list of worlds not to allow foreign sims to age in as I added it after I set that up in all of my worlds. So far only two of those worlds have been updated to recognise the additional world.

That's it from me for now. I'm back to transferring sims around to even out the world populations a bit.

Happy Simming All.

@Karritz: Awesome makeovers of all the imaginary friends made real. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top