Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is your CC folder?

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    67,7 MB

I use some things from Nords Sims (skin overlays and some other CAS items), Luumia Sims (vanilla skin and lighting mods), LittleMsSam (mods and bug fixes) plus some miscellaneous mods (more CAS columns, a no intro mod, and an appliance placement fix).

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• BleubellBleubell Posts: 457 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    CC?

None.

Couldn’t imagine it.

tumblr: brooklynsims / cc finds blog: brooklynsimscc
    thank you thread
  • meadowraynemeadowrayne Posts: 38 Member
    I don't even want to know. I download a lot of Sims 4 houses, just for the CC.
    The only thing I don't like is the creators that ONLY put stuff on patreon. -_-
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    26.6GB. Half of it is Buy mode stuff (13.7GB), 7.54GB for CAS, 4.51GB for Build mode, and the rest are mods and poses. I really like decorating.
  • Hak_vinHak_vin Posts: 32 Member
    In total I have almost 16 GB and growing~
  • LemontailLemontail Posts: 360 Member
    Around 1.63 GB for me, as I prefer to keep CC usage on check and I'm a bit picky.
  • _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm such a huge control freak that my mods folder looks like that:

Screenshot-3.png

I wonder if anybody's got something neater than that😂
    As you can see I have everything categorized, this helps me keep my cc in check, makes updating mods easier and prevents my game from being broken.🙂
    (24.4GB in total so this is much needed)
  • MissSimersPageMissSimersPage Posts: 2 New Member
    Man I have about 53.3GB in total now and counting
  • RetroidRetroid Posts: 17 Member
    I need to preface this by saying i'm a nut and a CC hoarder.... 64.9GB and growing :D lol...
    BTW i didn't know where to ask this, but once I can share links, is it ok to share links to loverslab cc or other NSFW mods or cc if given a warning about the nature of the link??? Thanks for any info, i just started posting a few minutes ago and have yet to see anything specifically about it.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    At one point, about 5GB with a lot of stuff. Anymore, with updates becoming a lot more often than usual, it's being kept down to basically just MCCC, UI Cheats and a few other things. That, and the amount of CC was really bogging my game down.

If I do download CC, I download it individually on my own. I've been having a little trouble with CC bundled with custom Sims and the like. Some of it is broken and out of date, despite the Sim itself only being a recent upload.
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    666 mb 😈
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I don't play with mods, but I love CC for CAS. I have 2.77 GB (1,006 files)

- Toddler – 38 files
    - Child – 56 files
    - Hair – 246 files
    - Men Clothes – 107 files
    - Miscellaneous– 67 files
    - Shoes – 61 files
    - Women Clothes – 431 files
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • PrincessKharisPrincessKharis Posts: 1 New Member
    For Sims 4 I currently have 38GB.

[for Sims 3 - 22GB For Sims 2 - 12GB and Sims 1- 8GB] I lost alot after a crash so I learned very quickly to back up! Most of it I cannot replace now especially the Sims 1 stuff
  • painting_trees89painting_trees89 Posts: 27 Member
    I have over 800, but I only use them sometimes to see what they look like in the game. I usually remove them because they tend to make my game run crappy. There's def some awesome creations out there.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Retroid wrote: »
    I need to preface this by saying i'm a nut and a CC hoarder.... 64.9GB and growing :D lol...
    BTW i didn't know where to ask this, but once I can share links, is it ok to share links to loverslab cc or other NSFW mods or cc if given a warning about the nature of the link??? Thanks for any info, i just started posting a few minutes ago and have yet to see anything specifically about it.

No, you cannot share links to NSFW content on this forum, nor certain other fan site forums. Always read the FAQ and forum rules. However, there are FB groups for that (which can kick you out if you are under the age limit). I also have probably as much cc as you....but I divided my cc into several Mods folder so my game would load and run more smoothly. (I don't have the patience to wait 2 hours for my game to load.) I name my saves according to which Mods folder I used for that save. And each Mods folder has a text file in it indicating last time the game was run with that Mods folder, the title of the Mods folder (example: Mods Dec 2019) when not being used in the game, and sometimes names of nondefault community lots in the game or what happened in the game. Serves as a replacement for memories, since the screenshot system doesn't work unless you know which save the screenshot came from. (You can still tag screenshots as memories though.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • DryricefieldsDryricefields Posts: 5 New Member
    1.92 GB with 365 files, only use most of them the rest are there cause I don't know which is which :|
  • Elliee1984Elliee1984 Posts: 302 Member
    Well, turns out I have about 55 GB of CC, roughly 25 000 files. Might have a slight problem :D. Fourtenately my game runs perfectly, takes less than 30 secs to load. Would really like to clean up my mods folder though because I really don’t use it all. Anyone who has tips on the best way to go about this please share! :#
  • Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    edited January 2020
    Elliee1984 wrote: »
    Well, turns out I have about 55 GB of CC, roughly 25 000 files. Might have a slight problem :D. Fourtenately my game runs perfectly, takes less than 30 secs to load. Would really like to clean up my mods folder though because I really don’t use it all. Anyone who has tips on the best way to go about this please share! :#

You can use sims 4 studio to look through all your CC and delete it from there. It makes life so much easier when you’re a CC addict lol. It also let you see if the CC is broken and you can also tag different pieces to allow on random sims or not. It’s great! Really easy to use.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • DemonQueenHanaDemonQueenHana Posts: 12 New Member
    I have 16 GB (4319 files) right now, and I download more every day.
  • starrling33starrling33 Posts: 87 Member
    18 gb. 9,883 items. Way more than I wanted to have.
  • KingmiamiKingmiami Posts: 5 New Member
    Used to be something like 2 Gigabytes, then I realized how plumming awful it is when one of your mods break in the sea of CC you've installed. So now I've started over with just 82.4 MB of cc and mods.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    4.6 GB. I've been on a CC-acquisition binge. There's just so much good stuff...
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ljbnomadljbnomad Posts: 11 New Member
    Um, I am a little CD, and I, first, just discovered Sims 4 about 3 weeks ago. Then, when I had a question, I found out there were mods. Then. . . something about hair. . . andI discovered CCs. Ohhhh, my. So, I have been looking thru, choosing, and organizing. I have hit maybe 2000+, covering traits, jobs, hair, cosmetics, clothes, furnishings, etc.
  • Sigma1202Sigma1202 Posts: 40 Member
    24 GB I also have 1564 files in the mods folder