Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

50 % Off

I just got Cats & Dogs for 50% off on Origin!
You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I did too.. I'm so excited I finally held out for a sale!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I was so surprised. I finally decided to get it & when I logged in, it was half price! First time that's happened! :D

You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I got it, though pets are usually way too time consuming in Sims. From what I recall of TS3 pets, the cats were way too needy. Stupid me gets a cat thinking they'll be like cats in RL and finding out they act more like dogs. The first odd thing I've noticed in TS4 pets is that my cat outside needs a litter box, which is ridiculous.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Me too! I was waiting for a sale to get it and was not expecting 50% off so soon! But yay! I’m glad because I really felt like playing it recently but did not want to cave and pay full price. Glad I waited
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Ok, EA, now we're talking...
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Phoenix_ForcePhoenix_Force Posts: 44 Member
    That's odd, maybe I'm looking wrong but when I open Origin it's only 30% off. Perhaps it depends on where you live?
    Origin name: Duuuc
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I just got it for 50% off too. It's my first EP, but I really wanted it since I'm a *huge* animal lover. So far, I'm impressed with what I'm seeing. I created my cats, and their behavior is so much more realistic than TS2 Pets or TS3 Pets.
  • theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

Just my luck, I want Cats & Dogs so bad, wait for a sale, (cussing) I have no way to buy it now!!! Have to wait till my debit card gets loaded with money.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • MzUnique09MzUnique09 Posts: 13 New Member
    I just got it for 50% off too! Can't wait to play
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I see you can also gift it for 19.99 if you already own it. That's cool. Would make some nice Christmas gift if you have Simmer family members. I'll have to check on my family - and see if they all got the pack. My family are also big animal lovers - so probably have it already. I'll still check - just in case.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Just my luck, I want Cats & Dogs so bad, wait for a sale, (cussing) I have no way to buy it now!!! Have to wait till my debit card gets loaded with money.

The sale goes on until January 4th I believe. So you have a little time.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Dawn767Dawn767 Posts: 38 Member
    Cats and Dogs 50% off in Origin and so soon after release date....? I haven't been playing Sims 4 in over a month (a long time for me) and I wonder if I should pay $20 on another Sims 4 pack hoping I will like the game better, or spend $20 on Sims 3 University when I know I love that game. (lost the code for my original Sims 3 games)
  • theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

#WRITIN_REG
    Cool, thanks for the heads up, I'll be able to get it.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    edited December 2017
    That's odd, maybe I'm looking wrong but when I open Origin it's only 30% off. Perhaps it depends on where you live?

For me it's alos 30% off. I guess I live in the wrong country... I'll wait for the next sale and hope it will be 50% for everyone. :/
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    that's strange... my origin said 30% off on C&D, what happen EA?

The Sims Game
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Dawn767 wrote: »
    Cats and Dogs 50% off in Origin and so soon after release date....? I haven't been playing Sims 4 in over a month (a long time for me) and I wonder if I should pay $20 on another Sims 4 pack hoping I will like the game better, or spend $20 on Sims 3 University when I know I love that game. (lost the code for my original Sims 3 games)

Cats and Dogs doesn't make Sims 4 better -- it gives Sims 4 cats and dogs. If you love Sims 4, this is a very good thing. If you prefer Sims 3, you probably should just get University.

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It still in not tempting, even at half price. I will wait for a pack that includes small animal pets. My pet BIRDS are still missing from my simself household.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm really enjoying it so far. I waited this time because in the past I usually ignore cats and dogs and hated the mess they left in sims yards... but I also wanted the new stuff and world. I've been playing in the new world and it's very pretty to me (if a little confusing at times). I've played one house with a pet for awhile and they are cute as heck, they didn't seem as needy to me as past pets and the CAS is incredible. I switched over to a non-pet household just to see how much "bother" pets are to non pet owners.. and they don't seem to be any bother at all as of yet. Even living when in Brindleton Bay. They run around in the background but don't seem intrusive on the sim lives that don't have or want pets. I haven't seen them in other worlds either (yet), but I haven't used lot traits for encouraging that. I love the new furniture also.. I like the country feel and it expands what I have well.. especially paired with some of the Parenthood furniture. I'd been hoping for more secluded wooded like areas also for my nature/hermit type sims and it has two lots that are basically surrounded by trees.. no sidewalks... they do have the mailbox of course and walkbys. I haven't explored it all yet though... but doing so has been enjoyable. I'm happy with the purchase. If I hadn't had initial misgivings I wouldn't have caught the sale so I'm fist pumping here.
    egTcBMc.png
  • chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 75 Member
    I bought it at this price. I could do without it though. I ended up being much more interested in playing with the MCCC mod that I downloaded. So far, I have only played one premade family. Sims 4 continues to lack all the little details and nuance that made Sims 2 my favorite game and this doesn't change with this expansion. It's just another half baked bare bones add on for a half baked game. For example, in Sims2, when owners clean out the cat box, they actually sift through it and make groaning disgusted noises just like in real life lol. In 4 they go over to it and a bag magically appears in their hand then they walk with NO EMOTION over to the garbage to throw it out. MEH
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I gave in to temptation last night and am happy to say my computer has not exploded yet. As Hermitgirl stated I also have not been bothered by pets in other worlds so far. Brindleton Bay is gorgeous but a little difficult to navigate. My sim seems to take the longest possible route to get anywhere. Perhaps he is enjoying the scenery.
  • Dawn767Dawn767 Posts: 38 Member
    I ended up buying Cats and Dogs - Sims 4. And like Chrstal27 says: MEH. Gonna play it again today...better than cleaning the bathroom...
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I wish I had waited now. :p
    I only wanted it for the new world, which I really like. Well, once I replaced the awful looking grass. :D
    The pets, I am not sure I want to be bothered with them. I have time to try them out, so no rush.
    TS4 is progressing so slowly for the EPs I really want.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds