Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This CC looks odd, any fixes?

So no matter what type of eyelashes i pick, i get these weird glued things on the eyes. Any way to remove it? x.x Or any other eye lashes CC that works?
9z3sDPGLSnys7Otk_03fqQ.png

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited December 2017
    it is the result of a conflict.
    try removing any rings or other kinds of accessories the sim is wearing to see where the conflict lies.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @WiggleyTuff do you have the latest versions of Kijiko's eyelashes? They updated them in November after the cats and dogs patch.
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    @Bananas_45 Im not sure, i only see the files a bit down on the site so i dont think they are the newest:/
    http://kijiko-catfood.com/3d-lashes-version2-for-skin-detail-experimental/
    The ones from November isnt downloadable so dont know what to do
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    it is like @cyrustheloser says, this is just something that happens because of a conflict. If you look at the description of the eyelashes it says
    These lashes and rings can’t be used at the same time because the lashes are mapped on rings’ texture area.

The little bits of silver on the lashes are from the texture of whatever ring the sim is wearing. your sim can't wear both at the same time.
    Karallyne wrote: »
    it is like @cyrustheloser says, this is just something that happens because of a conflict. If you look at the description of the eyelashes it says
    These lashes and rings can’t be used at the same time because the lashes are mapped on rings’ texture area.

The little bits of silver on the lashes are from the texture of whatever ring the sim is wearing. your sim can't wear both at the same time.

Awh so no wedding rings for my sims? Unless i get another eyelash cc?
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited December 2017

You can just use the regular version of the eyelashes, which takes the place of the glasses slot instead, and doesn't conflict with rings.

The only reason to use the skin detail version you're using is if you have a sim who uses glasses and you would like the eyelashes to show underneath. But the issues with the texture mapping is why they are labeled as an "experimental" version.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)

You can just use the regular version of the eyelashes, which takes the place of the glasses slot instead, and doesn't conflict with rings.

The only reason to use the skin detail version you're using is if you have a sim who uses glasses and you would like the eyelashes to show underneath. But the issues with the texture mapping is why they are labeled as an "experimental" version.

Omg thank you so much:D I generally dont add glasses to my sims, i pretend they all use contact linces if they have bad eye sight:P
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited December 2017
    As for the download page, that you linked they replaced the updated Nov file with the newer updated Dec file. It's a bit confusing the way they explained it but, all the downloads work and are current. In case anyone needs them.

Edit -sorry, I didn't know about the Dec update when I first mentioned it.
    Post edited by Bananas_45 on
  • MaddisansMaddisans Posts: 23 Member
    Ok, so I have no idea how to create a thread to describe the issues I've been having with these eyelashes recently, and I can't pos a picture for some stupid reason so I'll explain this the best I can.

So I downloaded the version 2 of Kijinko's eyelashes and on my sims it either looks transparent plastic or thick black plastic. No, I don't have any rings on these sims and yes, I do have laptop mode on. However, before the eyelashes looked fine in laptop mode, not sure what's going on recently that's making it look weird. Another thing is that they look perfect in CAS, it's just when I play the game.