Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The McFluff Story

KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
edited March 1 in Nominated Threads
The McFluff Story, Episode 1 is now available on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Nx5keShIgfg

Meet Gertie and five of her cats at home in Hidden Springs

Gertie McFluff is a witch.

Gertie will have no descendants - however this will be a multi generational story.

Gertie is going to build a magical story that involves a lot of cats. She has great ambitions for her cats. Gertie is trying to find, or create, a spell that will turn cats into humans.

Gertie starts the story with level 10 in many different skills. She visits the local cat shelter to adopt stray cats. The story opens with just Gertie and her initial five cats.

Needless to say, this story will involve a lot of cats and if you watch the videos you will see what 15 cats get up to when they all have high free will.

Gertie will further develop her skills and we'll see high level inventing, sculpting and elixir making in this story. She might even visit some of the World Adventure worlds at times to research her passion to find an elixir or spell that will turn cats into humans. Unfortunately, although Gertie lives a very long life, she never quite manages to fully accomplish her dream.

Her dream is from her wish to communicate with her animals. She's hoping, when they become fully human they will retain some of their feline qualities although she isn't clear on precisely which feline qualities she'd like to retain and just how human she wants them to become. She just feels they are trapped in a limited existence while they are just purely cats.

The story is set in a time and a place where genetic engineering isn't being done or even though of - it is all just magic. And she needs to find spells to accomplish her dreams.

Gertie has no descendants, and when she dies she leaves her findings and her cats and her large home to her namesake, Gertie Green who will eventually manage to succeed in creating a spell to turn her cats into humans and we will see her perfect the spells.

Along the way Gertie will invite various sims to share her home. Eventually her best friend Iris Green moves in. When Iris moves in we will be on Generation 1.

Gertie Green will appear in Generation 5.

The sims are all on high free will and as a result the things that happen in the story will be a mixture of what I direct them to do and interesting things they decide to do for themselves and I'll take us along to see what happens when they get up to something on their own volition.

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    This morning I recorded some video for the McFluff story.

The next episode will be longer.

Gertie adds seven more cats to her growing menagerie.

I decide to extend the house a little and add a basement. Therefore, this episode will include a bit of building and decorating.

Gertie needs simoleans to pay for the house extension so she goes to the Festival to pick flowers.

I added the Stones Throw Greenhouse and Gertie went there too. She caught a little bird but nothing else much had spawned yet.

I added my Indoor Outdoor Wedding Venue to it's usual spot in Hidden Springs. At the moment it is there mostly for décor purposes - but you never know, one or more of the Green family may want to use it for a wedding in a future generation.

I have the game on free will and one of the new cats decided to go fishing. It took Choco all night to travel to the fishing hole and catch a fish. I did manage to record some of it and hope I got the fish catching. Choco ate the fish before returning home. The sun is already up in the game and Choco is still running home.

Since Oscar and Louise also live in Hidden Springs and I'm doing a video about them too I added Oscar to their house in the hope we might see him out and about occasionally. I won't control him in the game though - he's just another townie. I did make sure he is in the music career though and he already was in it so I left him to it. I might add Louise later on but not for a while.

I also added my Supernatural Park. Since Gertie is a witch and I want this story to be magical I thought the addition of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon, Arboretum, and Vault of Antiquity would be good. They are all on the one 30x30 lot I usually place it on in Hidden Springs. It also has some fairy houses, an ablutions block and fountain of youth. The Fountain of Youth came with Hidden Springs so belongs there.

I suspect I may end up making more than one episode out of this morning's recording.

Another thing I did was to build the walls for two extra bedrooms in the basement. I do plan to add extra sims to the household. They'll be there for a while to do some specific things I want to start doing. They will move out before Gertie's best friend arrives to stay. Once she arrives though, we'll be onto Generation 1.

In the basement, I added more cat beds and some scratching posts, an all in one bathroom next to the inventing table. There is one sculpting station too and I added the necessary items for making elixirs and storing them and the insects Gertie will need to make her elixirs. She also has a gem cutting machine.

I usually sell any small pets as soon as they are caught, but I am thinking of allowing her to keep her bluebird. It seems appropriate to have a caged bird with a household full of cats. >:)

the reason I usually sell small pets is they tend to escape or die. Whatever, they don't last long. But I have a mod, I think I have it in my mods folder too, and if I do happen to have put it into my mods folder this little bird might last somewhat longer than usually happens. Consequently, I think I might buy a bird cage too.

I have the game on high free will so the household occupants will determine a lot of what happens. Like this morning when I went looking to see that all of the cats had a bed and were using it, I found Choco was off on a hunting adventure all on her own volition. So I followed to see what might happen. I would have never thought of sending a cat to the complete other end of the world to catch a fish. She gained a level in hunting in the process.

Complications...

As I said previously, Gertie has no descendants, that is why she is generation 0. But she just expressed a wish to grow a Forbidden Fruit. Complications may be about to happen. I'm clutching at straws here - it occurs to me plant sims aren't really descendants and they don't get pregnant so I might stick to that idea if she does, in fact, manage to grow the forbidden fruit and it ends up adding a plant sim baby to the household.
  • Options
    Episode 2 of the McFluff Story - Generation 0 is now available on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/s18EAf6jH_0

In this episode you'll see me building an extension on the side of the house and starting a basement. ConstrainFloorElevation False cheat is used.

Seven new cats are added to the household - that makes it a total of 11 cats so far.
  • Options
    The McFluff story episode 3 is now available on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/zng-59lCUk8

We meet the six new cats. Gertie builds a miner and catches fire. She goes drilling and collects some suns at the greenhouse. Then she meets a unicorn.
  • Options
    Episode 4 of Generation 0 of the McFluff story is now on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/MFcppW1fnw4

We follow Choco McFluff when she goes off mysteriously during the night. She travels across to the other side of their world to go fishing in a pond.

Gertie McFluff does some inventing and visits the Stones Throw Greenhouse to find Suns and flowers to sell to pay for extensions to her basement. She needs her home to be ready for her expected visitors who are due to arrive soon.

We extend the top basement and decorate it then add the second top basement and add a spiral staircase down to the new second basement.
  • Options
    Episode 5 of the McFluff Story is now up on YouTube

https://youtu.be/34aJmGC9Tmg

It is eventful, introduction to the final four cats, Gertie uses her miner and goes exploring, collects flowers, suns and seeds and sells them. Then she borrows simoleans to complete her house to get it ready for the sculptors who are arriving in Episode 6
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Bookmarking so I remember to watch them! ;)
  • Options
    ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    I'm caught up so far! They are fun to watch :) Also I love the sound of your voice you have a great narrating voice ^_^ cant wait for the next update! Bookmarked!
  • Options
    I'm caught up so far! They are fun to watch :) Also I love the sound of your voice you have a great narrating voice ^_^ cant wait for the next update! Bookmarked!

Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying the videos. I'm working on two at the moment as well as doing other things. I hope to have another one up in a couple of days or so. Not exactly sure when. I'm doing the intro to Louise for the Oscar and Louise video and that'll take a lot of work/time to set up.
  • Options
    edited February 29
    I'm about to start the narration for the next McFluff Story video.

Here are a couple of pictures of random events that I came across and will include.

Firstly, I found Peter, the magic gnome, sitting on an ice end table while it was still on the sculpting station.

Peter_Cat_Gnome_On_Ice001.jpg

Then soon after Fred, one of the sculptors, went and autonomously played chess on the ice chess table.

I thought it was a great opportunity to start playing with the coloured lighting and added red lights on two sides of him and the table. Here's the result.

Coloured_Ice001.jpg

I might make the other table and chairs a different colour - perhaps cyan.

I hope to have the video up on YouTube tomorrow.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    The long awaited Episode 6 of The McFluff story is finally up on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/TIN4VttGNxc

The main thing with this video is the arrival of the sculptors and the sculptures they are making. We still see (and hear) plenty of the cats and Gertie does some sculpting and inventing.

Enjoy and Happy Simming
  • Options
    Here's the link to The McFluff Story Episode 7

Lots of sculpting action, cats make their presence felt and Gertie keeps herself busy inventing, mining and gardening plus she fits in a few other little activities. We do manage to see some of June's reactions to her sculpting too. Lots of fun.

https://youtu.be/AAk-QCiNweI
  • Options
    The McFluff Story Generation 0 Episode 8 is now on YouTube

https://youtu.be/m7sP4T0Pa7I

This is the final episode of Generation 0. Next episode we will meet members of Generation 1.

In this episode the sculptors leave in a rather unusual way and it remains to be seen if or when they may pop up again in the McFluff Story.

This video runs for 10 mins plus a few seconds.
  • Options
    I accepted a challenge - here's what I had to say....

OC Meme

1. What is your name?
    Gertie - Gertie Annabel McFluff actually but most people know me as Old Gertie

2. Do you know why you were named that?

No idea

3. Single or taken?

Taken, single but taken.

4. Stop being a Mary Sue!

Don't be sexist. My Powers and abilities are the result of losing my youth to study and practice and development of my skills.

5. What’s your eye color?

Brown

Gertie004.jpg

6. How about hair color?
    Brown

7. Have you got any family members?

15 cats

Cats002.jpg

8. Oh, how about pets?

Lots of cats

Cats001.jpg

9. That’s cool, I guess. Now tell me something you don’t like

Cats

10. Do you have any activities/hobbies that you like to do?

Working out how to make my cats be more human

11. Have you ever hurt anyone in any way before? Physically

Probably

12. Ever… killed anyone before?

Not yet

13. What kind of animal are you?

Cat - I'm a witch actually - but I identify with my cats

Socks_Mc_Fluff005.jpg

14. Name your worst weaknesses

Having a cat obsession

15. Do you look up to anyone at all?

Cats

16. Are you straight, gay or bisexual?

Haven't had time to work that out yet - too busy with the cat problem

Gertie006.jpg

17. Do you go to school?

No - I did too much of that in my youth - now I just try to work it out for myself - that's the fun

18. Ever want to marry and have kids one day?

No. I have cats

Peter_Cat_Gnome_On_Ice001.jpg

19. Do you have fangirls/fanboys?

Not that I know of but most of my cats seem to like me ok

20. What are you most afraid of?

Not being able to work out how to find a way to make my cats more human

Gertie005.jpg

21. What do you usually wear?

My adventuring outfit - found it once while tunneling for minerals to use in my experiments.

Gertie.jpg

22. What’s one food that tempts you?

Catnip - I just love to see what it does to my cats

23. Am I annoying you?

A bit - but you don't seem to be too much of a problem - yet.

24. Well, it’s not over!

Oh no.

25. What class are you (low class, middle class, high class)?

Depends on who's around at the time.

26. How many friends do you have?

15 cats and 1 human but I haven't met her yet but I have a feeling she's coming soon. She's green. Iris Green.

Iris001.jpg

27. What are your thoughts on pie?

What's pie?

28. Favorite drink?

Juice

29. What’s your favorite place?

My place - I'm in Hidden Springs at the moment, but I'm thinking of moving to Cake Island

30. Are you interested in anyone?

Not really - too busy trying to solve my cat problem

31. That was a stupid question.

Well - you asked it.

32. Would you rather swim in a lake or the ocean?

I prefer to avoid swimming anywhere - but definitely not in the ocean - cats aren't too fond of getting wet.

33. What’s your type? ¨

Of what?

34. Any fetishes?

Cats

Gertie_Again.jpg

35. Camping or indoors?

Indoors with my cats

McFluff_TheEnd001.jpg
  • Options
    The McFluff Story - Generation 1 Episode 1 is now on YouTube

https://youtu.be/mWzHI1D6oHU

In this episode we meet the Green(e)s. They are housemates and live in a beach house in Dark Harbor, a medium sized world made by @Rflong7 .

We also meet the Wilsons who are another family living in Dark Harbor.

• Options
    I have now got Episode 2 of Generation 1 of the McFluff Story on YouTube.

Here is the link to The McFluff Story, Generation 1, Episode 2

https://youtu.be/XVc3NH109fY

Gerry and Iris don't have much time getting to know each other in this video as they are both kept busy doing different things. Their jobs are not compatible with them spending time together - that's a problem I might have to find a solution for at some stage if it isn't going to take forever for them to become friends, let alone get engaged. And the do have to get engaged to each other before I send them to Hidden Springs where they'll move in with Old Gertie and get married in the Indoor Outdoor Wedding Venue which is in Hidden Springs and waiting for a wedding.

Remember the huge house with the greenhouse roof that I placed in Dark Harbor? Well they throw a party and Iris is invited so we get to have a look around inside it in this video. Plus we meet all six of the sims living in that house.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    I'm sorry I've not uploaded a new video in this story for a while. I will get onto it soon. I have the video recorded for the next episode but have to put it together into a video soon.

I've been sick and then got diverted into setting up a huge group of worlds with over 600 sims in them to continue the Story of Oscar and Louise and also the McFluff Story. I'm going to try to tell both of those stories with the single game. It has numerous worlds - I haven't counted them all but will be adding a few more before I start recording video in it. Until then the videos will continue on as usual.
  • Options
    The McFluff Story is now on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/DmtOvrb3sP8

This is the first video I've made for YouTube where the game in the video is in the Big Game I set up a few weeks ago. You will meet a few of the locals, some of whom you probably haven't seen before but many of you will find most familiar if you've been watching my forum posts over the years.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    Here's the link to The McFluff Story Generation 1 Episode 4

https://youtu.be/843APUC-_qw

Sorry it took so long. I'll start on the next episode of this story now - it's the second half of this one and there might be a third half as well depending on how much junk I recorded when recording the original video. I think I stopped it at an interesting point. I gave extra info on Marty because I thought he was important.

This is the first episode of The McFluff Story that I've recorded as part of my Big Game. It's the same save as I'm using to record/play Oscar's Childhood now that he's moved into the Boarding School in Chocolate Cake Island. Oscar didn't make any appearance in this video as it was shot entirely in Dark Harbor. There are 13 worlds in that save plus the three from World Adventures and almost 800 Sims. There is plenty of scope for fun and games in it.

I hope some of you get a chance to watch the video and enjoy it. I am following an ongoing story with each of my video series.

Each series has a play list with all videos in the correct order from the first to the latest one loaded.

This story had several episodes of Generation 0 before moving onto Generation 1.

I put Generation 1 into a different world initially so we could have a chance to get to know them. Once this series of videos I'm making from the material I already have recorded have been posted, I'll be moving them all in together so Old Gertie will continue to be in the McFluff Story videos soon. Iris and Gerry will move to Hidden Springs to join Old Gertie.

For any new people who haven't met her yet - this is Old Gertie McFluff
    GertieTraitsAndLTW.jpg

Iris Green
    Iris001.jpg

and her future husband, Gerry Greene
    Gerry-Greene001.jpg

I discovered Gerry seems to have a 'thing' for the Gyroscopic Conductor and that's where I go to first when he's at home and I'm not sure what he's autonomously got himself up to. It came with Showtime - I think it might be limited edition content. Not sure. All I can say for sure is you will see it in action if you watch this video.

Iris and Gerry together
    Iris-And-Gerry001.png

Fortunately Iris and Gerry are both Cat People. This is fortunate because there are 15 cats living with Old Gertie in Hidden Springs. The long term objective is to find a spell that turns the cats into humans. Old Gertie is a witch and she accidentally turned some humans into cats thinking it was a temporary thing - but it was permanent and she doesn't know the spell to undo it. They don't know it yet, but Iris and Gerry are going to help her work it out. They are not occults of any kind so it could be difficult. In the meantime they get up to all sorts of fun and games.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    The video is up and ready for you to view at your leisure.

https://youtu.be/ChgUM-Q3_8M

This is The McFluff Story Generation 1 Episode 5.

It is a continuation of the same story Episode 4. Now I'm going to work on Episode 6. That should get it up to the point where they are ready to leave Dark Harbor and move in with Old Gertie in Hidden Springs.

Iris-And-Gerry006.jpg

In Episode 5 we see Gerry pick his forbidden fruit.

Dan-Greene001.jpg

Iris attends another late night party. This time I find her at the home of the first sim I ever made. My very first ever attempt at making a sim was a mother and daughter pair, Jen and Emma Hawkins. I played them for a few minutes and decided they were boring and made Patience. If you've been following my games over the past few years you will know all about Patience.

When I was digging through old backed up copies of games and things a few months ago I found lots of things I'd saved from June 2009. I've already shared Ella with you and made a video of her playing in the sprinklers for YouTube. I Originally made Ella as a baby sitter for Patience when I'd been playing with Marcie for too long and wanted something different for the same role. Later on I made Maria for the nanny of Patience's children and she soon got shelved too but now is happily married with 5 children in my Big Game. I don't have any special plans for Jen and Emma Hawkins. They are just living together in a house in Dark Harbor waiting for inspiration to strike.

The video shows general progress towards their goals and there are a few fun happenings - the highlight for me happened after Iris returned home from the party.

• Options
    The McFluff Story Generation 1 Episode 6 is now available on YouTube

https://youtu.be/68W8H2pgfdc

This video begins with us getting to know more about Blossom Flower - because she keeps turning up where Gerry is when he goes to the Greenhouse or Al Fresco Market. And that led to some of the witches living near where Blossom lives.

After that I go back to Gerry and Iris and their home. I finally managed to move the trees that were growing up through their floor from the level below. And Iris picks her Forbidden Fruit. Next thing they set of for China for some quality time alone - just Gerry and Iris. I'm hoping once they are away from their jobs and other sims they'll concentrate on their relationship. They won't be doing any adventures in China just being a couple who are getting to know each other. Some fishing, excavating, and swimming might be permitted though.

Happy Simming
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,019 Member
    @Karritz RE: McFluff Episode 4. Nice filming of Gerry in the gyroscopic conductor. ...Good idea to use the fish gate with the IP fence. It looks great. ...Fun backstory for Gertie and her cats. I'd forgotten about that! ...I enjoyed seeing some of your other sims and the family tree. Blossom Flower's skin is cool. ...Lovely night beach scene with the horses. ...I liked the small garden area around the platform with the Forbidden Fruit in the center.
  • Options
    @lanlyn thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. This is a story that in ongoing. It will be getting lots of new videos. Currently it's up to the beginning of Generation 1 and I'm planning to take it up to Generation 5. But I rotate the videos I make so there can be long gaps between episodes. I think it's going to be a fun story.
  • Options
    @lanlyn I thought I'd add that the reason I go off and introduce the 'townies' I've placed in the various games/worlds is so they will become familiar to you and you'll have some idea of who they are when you see them wandering around town. Sometimes if they appear to be doing something interesting I'll follow them in later episodes but mostly they won't get much of a mention. They'll just be background sims. However, it is always possible one day I might get an idea and decide to start a whole new series on any of them. I hope not though as I have way too much to do now without adding any extra stories to my channel. But you could bump into them in other series. Especially when you are watching The McFluff Story or one of Oscar's stories because they are all being played and videoed in the exact same game. So it will be possible to maybe occasionally have the main characters in one of the series seen as background characters in some other series that is about McFluffs or Oscar.

All other series have their own games and even their own Sims 3 folders.
  • Options
    @Karritz It's easy to get sidetracked by townies! I sometimes spy on them with NRaas to see what they're doing, especially if they've been in one of my households before. I like how you give time to different sims and explain how they relate to each other. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @Karritz RE: McFluff Episode 5. Love the banana plant. Adds a bit of variety. I like the artwork too! Your games are so full of neat CC content. ...Congrats on your new plantsim baby, Dan! ...An alien abduction too. HA! ...LOL at the babysitter in a tux! He does seem like a townie sim worth grabbing up. ...So cool that you have your original 2009 sim. She's a cutie too.

...I've seen a mailman play chase with a raccoon a couple of times, and a few of my sims have too. It was a surprise when I first saw it! I thought only pets would play with raccoons.

OxEfWAGMEmpyHSNVdcfyQWI1_V2gLPadopBBl2a9wEEhXgW17CNZ--sB3NvCWzcGsURPTM1hvzuYy0mqBqD2s6FmwmYIvzmBnZ0wQf1havtQxKWp6gM7vlwf4-B8a0Cr8S_qxdeXFGA1uvk9DGsMU6w3FCTiUL_-muBsqDH_QzHXZVuGcKgD6liEQiOA0XFvO0g7ut5VvD80IsxOFyE-ppW1rJopD2XRwix1eDwM2sCLXxey4xKZG5JS6SUYPfxJIezVwtxqZ6a6GF14QNyLZwDlxAgJEm01hFiLZjONhFV0cfc1YQJJwllFQWzhADoKne7ifoRufqgv1doKq1-5AOdDLVfgEF2Q22lntpQwGiOXuaeGy4pDKF9CapKPKqNaCWwghbCv8hp5p6Vf4PVFbz1Ov7yOSt4W-vJ59IcOZJVQi-yn_QeZca44FL22hCtK-NjfFJPtfRvUUQLAl7Pl3-pjjrGQnJzVFxbyuxbigDGLpbjQumndv6C9s98M-GCwtllEgfros0CsM7sLas74pVcnwllA74jLjQt8Z7G843O5b45FMMhDnNavOixEjAHi5uzHusdirIplDBRQ-66sjEfK1XrwchanYrPb1Q0TIi9nwU4xAIrQtoryxsLEv5eKkR6gafmwi4N9YLh2cRz5jsMYF0JghwpPqW6gKQ3lMTUbndQrw5UQvkV4yA=s1600-w1600-h896-no
    And one time, my sim tried to pet a raccoon and got bit!

0GGSq9gQKaIXrs0Ct5TZCR_q61nzQ1Qnrd4cozfJ-oQqXsa-bgCnm4nsNzaPbVN7RiMti0CNNInuTWCEfXHhmukrFhufmRII3501xnAj-r1mePsZu0f-VetQ9Y9U-Qf1ffTQM3nCnGwsy2exZiErEeY1NM2tShC-XpV9BkJbAviq5pQAhCjt6d8yv8D8rbbM010OoQ4oR-eBNtOD1Jk9ttaP_VkKVcdwQPiiLnv0DKw3tGZRVo29bHK3z0jHs0OuxgweSo-ThWdBsPI3OzXCkNFf_YTSx8Knr5bXFkGx5_sgL82aASYst6Xo4EfcZS5nGqsQYWWdUmBcEOq5hRvkXYuk0z0cI0ZN-cHVVn_60JLGJOCbQGuxl68xCXG68NCm0LT1dGKL3aXX0RFJDd4kwBi7tFUif7OWaRPB6km3r0nP8yFAmcSNm6h7Blw2kJREW-Cm-J0qADlfljdP6GLL0qqPd8I2-30Wjy6uzHrVcxFiJqgvqJvFAnhCZvxId_5AoEpYQNWy89nEbJh57j2a0ZfktSpxB7iJR0eCnl3X9yjOKdT1qZ7nfW9EtXagxCSLWeYpuOfq41ut2RpCochIFHlyStbK26eAUQUetUSYxdc1vNRs9Q58OHnyJoQAM7VwzjxRNGLAx0ehenQmIQLnWiEwZSIUQFgzlQ9jWQIY-6XJiXN994JUoo_Fe-Ox-A=s1600-w1600-h896-no

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top