Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sawdust's Build's - Origin ID sawdust123

Comments

• Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Ta @aussiekarima. I got a few more to get out yet. A Library, a Museum and a residential. All in the same area of Oasis Springs. :)
  • Options
    Data Storage Tower 13 - Library
    Lot size 20 x 15

Gallery Link

More Pictures

This is a Library to go in my Sci-fi area of Oasis Springs. It has three playable levels, the lower level is the tech area with computers and gaming rigs. The middle level (also where you enter the building), is the reading area and the third level is for children and toddlers. There is a balcony at the rear of the building that can be accessed from the street or the third level for playing chess. The bookshelves should be fully stocked including the skill books. If they're not, please let me know. The top level (unplayable) is where I put the bookcase to get the skill books but for some reason it didn't work so I had to manually add all the books from debug. Whether EA has changed the rules regarding adding skill books, I don't know but I have added them before without trouble. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate the heads up. :)

zW38XoX.png
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited March 2018
    Wow it looks excellent. By the sounds of it there looks to be a mix of Final Fantasy and Sims 4 or something like that I read, coming out, so this would fit in nicely. :)

• Options
    Thanks @Jendowoz0612. Not sure about the mix thing you mentioned so no idea if it would fit. :D
  • Options
    Tatts65Tatts65 Posts: 84 Member
    These builds look fantastic @sawdust as usual. I love the stories and descriptions. :)
  • Options
    Thanks @Tatts65. I got 2 more to finish for the area. A museum I'm currently working on and another smaller residential for a "rocket man". I'm half way through the museum but decided to hold off on it untill I get the Jungle Adventure pack so I can have an archaeology table in the basement. :)
  • Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Lovely build, it will fit right into your Sci-fi Neighbourhood, you always come up with something unique & fitting the theme you are doing, I love it♥ <3
    ~ Jen I think you are referring to this -- The Final Fantasy team announced today that they are collaborating to bring new content to The Sims 4. To commemorate the Launch of Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition “Noctis’ signature Prince’s Fatigues” will be added to The Sims 4. (it is a full male outfit!) And players that play final Fantasy will get two Sims (male & female) characters to play with in the game of Final Fantasy XV (they did a swap it looks like!) In my E-mail from The Sims, it had a male & Female dressed in Llama outfits,in the game, or with a FF XV background shot! Is that what you mean @Jendowoz0612 ?
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    Thanks @aussiekarima. :)

How come you get the email. I reckon I've tried signing up for that on numerous occasions only to never get anything. Maybe I need to check if there's a "don't send me anything" box that I have checked in the account. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @aussiekarima Now you mention it, I recall seeing something with a pic of a couple of the FF XV characters wearing llama suits. It may have been in one of my PS emails. That could be interesting. :)@sawdust I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the build.
  • Options
    I think someone at EA read my last post because I got an info email from The Sims today. :D
  • Options
    Conservation Tower 23 - Museum
    20 x 15 Lot

More Pictures

Gallery Link

A museum to go in my Oasis Springs Sci-fi area. It has secure entry so remove all metal before passing through the scanner. The security guard has a ray gun and he's not afraid to use it! ;)

The ground level holds Anthropology and Zoology displays including the famous exhibition "Evolution of a Sim" on loan from the Simsonian Institute. It also has an interactive area that you can't interact with but does produce displays when turned on. (all right , you got me, it's just a TV).

First floor is the Archaeology and History display section. If you own Jungle Adventures you can place your own displays here.

Second floor holds the Astronomy and Planetary Sciences display. Don't forget to turn on the Galaxy Light Show or sit a moment and ponder the Solar System display.

Third floor is the Art and Architecture level. Here you can view the work of Masters or try dabbing a little paint of your own. Don't forget to check out the town display.

The basement holds a research area where you can recreate wood images or place the archaeology table (I left room for it) and brush up on your skills. This area is strictly for Authorised Personnel Only, but we won't squeal if you sneak in. ;)

Z68c6Iz.png
  • Options
    ooh very nice, @sawdust. I love it. When can we download all these?

• Options
    ~ Jen I know they are in the Gallery as I just liked & Commented on the tower in game! @Jendowoz0612 ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    @aussiekarima

Thank you, Karima

• Options
    There all up @Jendowoz0612. I was going to wait but decided to stop purchasing Sims stuff. This will most probably be my last build.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Got them, thanks. Did you purchase jungle adventure? Why are you stopping? You are so good at it :)

• Options
    I can't justify supporting a game I don't play or like. I've only come this far because of the support I have received from people like yourself for my builds. I actually had never intended to purchase the game at all. After I read what was included in the initial release notes and what was not, I strongly suspected I would not be happy with it. It turns out I was right. I find the game shallow and undisciplined. The moment I read the Sims would be driven by emotions I knew the game would be chaotic just as it does in real life when people base their actions on how they feel.

By the time this version is finished it would have cost over $900 dollars minimum and more like $1,000. No game is worth that amount of money in my opinion.
  • Options
    You have a valid point there, @sawdust. If it weren't for the fun I get out of the modelling comps, I probably would be the same. Do you know if a new version of Dragon Age is in the works at all?

• Options
    It's in the making @Jendowoz0612 but it is still early stages. It could be another 3 years or even more away yet. The game I'm hanging out for above all else is Elder Scrolls 6. It's been over 7 years since Skyrim and even though I still play it, I really would like some new scenery. Getting a little tired of the snow. ;)

I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online mostly the past year but now I've completed all the quests I'm basically left with just the Multiplayer stuff and most of it's too hard for me, plus I'm not keen on the competitive nature of MMOs. I like adventuring and taking my time checking out all the crooks and nannies. You don't get to do that with others.

I bought a new game called Northguard yesterday. It's a strategy similar to Age of Empires. I completed the first part of the campaign. It took a little getting used to the controls but it wasn't too bad once I got the hang of it. I do struggle with the isometric view though as things are so small to my eyes.

Anyway, catch up with me with an email if you want cos I'm not likely to come back here very often, if at all. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @sawdust Your builds a fantastic. I shall miss finding new ones if you move on to other things. I find I go through cycles with games; they consume all my free time and then nothing. Now I think about it, it's the same with reading. :smile: I've not played much by way of Elder Scrolls if any at all. I love open world RPG as my fave genre but I rage quit a lot as I'm not very good at combat. POV must also be third person as I get motion sick watching my hand bounce around the screen. (UGH! Fallout 4!!) I play WoW sometimes as my MMO. Even that I also usually play solo and spend time questing and roaming about the countryside. I also find the cost of games in general somewhat prohibitive. Buying a game is a treat so I have to consider what I'm really looking for. Unfortunately, stuff packs for Sims is not usually one of them. And I'm finding all sorts of bugs in my games lately; the game flow halts, random things wind up in household inventory for no reason, saying the Sim is at work/school when they're running around the lot, and other small things which get in the way of the enjoyment of general game play. I don't mind the chaotic nature of Simming as I find it a good time sink that doesn't require a lot of planning or concentration. But that said, it does make game play boring sometimes. Which is why I'm enjoying the Murkland challenge. Because that actually is challenging.
  • Options
    Thanks @Tatts65.

Jendowoz06112 has asked for a special build of a Zoo as she has a lot of custom animals so that will be my last one I think and it will be my only one with CC. I'll keep the CC to a minimum, just the one file of the animals.

If things get slow I might still build something now and then but I can't stay with this game it's far too frustrating for me. I was getting to the point of dreading finishing a build because I knew I would have to play to test it. My stomach would literally start to tie up knowing the Sims would do something to drive me insane. That's not why I play games. :)
  • Options
    ~ I was looking forward to what you would come up with for Nukecrest, but if you are not enjoying yourself then it is understandable, I will use you Acropolis builds for there instead! ;):)B)
    ~ Thank you for sharing your amazing builds with us all,for all your time as well, thank you! <3
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    I have put Crimson Peak on the Gallery. The house based on the movie of the same name. For details and pictures see here.
  • Options
    ~ Thank you I love the Creepy house, such grand architecture! (did the Vampire pack help?)
    ~ I will be downloading this!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    This is a build I did for the Build and Share #98 competition. An Old English Cottage with a slight retro/eclectic vibe. Complete with greenhouse and outdoor entertaining including pool.

Four Seasons Cottage - 3 bed, 2 bath - 30 x 30 lot - Cost $115,556.

See here for more pics
    kcPAe3P.png
    D3ZHdX0.png
    fcHGqm4.png