Howdy Simmers. Nice spread you got here for the holidays. To add to your eggnog and cheer, I have some delightful updates for you. A smattering of stocking stuffers, if you will. Snowy the Sandman, Surfin’ Santa, and Flip-Flop Wall Lights to brighten your décor. It’s just like Christmas but in the Summer. Come to think of it, it’s just like normal in Australia!
What’s in the stocking:
- ‘Soft, what light through yonder window…’ we improved the ambient lighting system, meaning the sun can shine through windows now.
- Not all Save files are created equal, or even at the same time.
- Sometimes you just want to pick up where you left off by hitting PLAY. Wait… what save was I playing last time? Looks like I can just hit PLAY and see.
- Woo! you can search for sinks again without un-placing your toilet.
- Master Volume settings are respected between game sessions. No more unexpectedly waking the rest of the house up with the sounds of…well… you know… anything.
- More reliable Tracer movement and improvements to the Virtual Cursor. I’ve got nothing to say about this; it is what it is.
- Am I the only one that makes laser noises when zooming around the screen? Well, now in-game noises will match better and drown you out.
- Improvements to hover tips being displayed at the correct times. We’re working on it kids. There’s a lot of hover tips.
- After you rotate an object in your house, why not copy the room and walls and expand to have more room to move around?
- Placing live wall art can be tricky, especially if you aren’t told where it can’t go. Now we’ll guide you in where it looks best. Everyone’s a critic, even the walls. They’re a bit easier to understand now, though. Of course, you could enable the bb.moveobjects cheat and put it where you feel it looks best.
- The Personality Panel tutorial won’t interrupt you anymore when you’re creating a Sim through Manage Worlds
- Like to move it, move it? Now you can. If you want to Move House after using Move Lot, you can. Just remember to always back it up, back it up.
- Removing the last item from a category in My Library won’t result in partial loss of functionality. This is why I never made it as a surgeon: Is this heart-shaped bit important? Oh. Oh, OK, let’s put that back then…”
- Adjusting the placement of your mailbox won’t prevent you from placing other objects.
- Using the Eyedropper tool no longer disables controller buttons.
- Rotating rooms will no longer cycle the Build Mode catalog at the same time. I like multitasking as much as anyone, but we have to draw the line somewhere.
- Flooring controls will continue to work after placing a floor pattern from a Styled Room. Even though that pattern really tied the room together, now you can use other patterns in other rooms.
- Backing out of holding an object from a Styled Room will no longer cause loss of functionality. If you drop something, you’ll be able to keep using your fingers now.
- While we don’t always agree with everyone’s design choices, we shouldn’t be the only judge of taste, so go ahead and select the Design Tool after managing a Styled Room. (We might still judge, but quietly. You know we’re watching you, right?)
- Exiting the Bride or Groom picker will no longer cause an unhappy ending. No, that WASN’T a sign from the universe that I was making the wrong choice.
- If you return to the Main Menu from the Objects by Function section, then that is your choice and we accept that. Shopping can be a daunting task, but now you can move if you just decide you have had enough of it.
- Not a speck of coal here.