Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kris Kringle - from the Aussie site

Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
**There is still time do this for 2018 Christmas if people show enough interest soon, or we can keep it here for next Christmas, but if you feel we could manage it, I'm happy to run it for 2018.**

I've done this Kris Kringle, previously and it worked well. It involves making a house/garden for a member based on their answers to some questions about their preferences in colours, furniture styles, garden etc., that I will provide. Next a member is allocated to you secretly to surprise you with a house created in your personal style and taste. After a set time you guess as to who made it for you (your Kris Kringle) and then you can download your custom-made house to play in your game. It's a lot of fun if you have the time and we have Christmas decor to use now as well.

I will put my ideas up first and get some feedback, knowing it's a busy time of year for everyone. I'll gauge who is keen to participate and then decide if it's a goer or not. I've put up details below. :) Any questions can be answered after you've seen what's involved. Let me know ASAP and we can decide if it is worth going ahead with it or not.

If you are not a builder, you could download a relevant house from the community or ask someone to make an empty shell for you. Then you can deck it out that way if you choose to participate. You can use any of the packs you have and these cheats only *bb.moveobjects on *bb.showhiddenobjects and the *motherlode cheat as specified below only. but you will need to specify which packs you do have so your Kris Kringle will only used the things from those packs.

This is how it works:

You will have the normal starting amount when you arrive on a lot, plus the motherlode money once you've chosen a lot, to spend to your hearts’ content. If we all have a similar amount of simoleans it makes it fairer for everyone receiving their gift, just like real Kris Kringle.

Go to an empty lot and ‘motherlode’ twice for an additional $100,000 on top of what you already have with you when you arrive at an empty lot. So your total budget for Kris Kringle will vary depending on what lot you choose to build on.

A member will be randomly chosen for you to build a house for, from (You) their Kris Kringle. Next keep to this Kris Kringle thread and look at your given member’s preferences from the questions below and make them a house close to their preferences.

On a date specified once I know this is a goer, I will send you a PM with your given tag, under which only you and I will know, for when you upload your member’s house. Keep it in your library until the agreed date so anyone following you won't see you put it up on the community too early. On an agreed date I will add two pictures one of the front view and the other an overhead of the inside which I will ask you to PM to me. The pictures will be all in one thread under my name, so that way, no one knows who created which house for their person. Then we make our guesses during a couple of days, but I won't reveal your Kris Kringle's until all the guesses are completed.

I Usually give people 7-10 days to make the home for their person. No CC allowed with this as others won't have the same cc as you do.

After making your guesses, the next surprise will be for you to download your custom-made home from your Kris Kringle and check out the inside. You can then, if you choose, share some shots for us all to see.[/b]

Questions (List what packs you have here, then whomever is your Kris Kringle knows what they can and can't use in your home).

1. What is your favourite colour combination for your décor?

2. Do you prefer predominantly wood, carpet, linoleum or tile, or a mixture of two or more? Specify please.

3. What style of furnishings, windows, doors etc. do you prefer?
• Eclectic
• Contemporary
• Antique
• Other - specify

4. State how many bedrooms you'd prefer, and choose "one" of the following extra rooms you'd like in your house.
• Number of bedrooms
Choose only "one" of the extra rooms below.
• Games room
• Gym/Spa/zen room
• Bar/entertainment.
• Study
• Other – specify

5. What sort of garden is your preference?
• Tropical gardens
• Alpine or rock gardens
• English landscape gardens
• Topiary/sculptured gardens
• Natural or Zen gardens
• Water gardens – fountains, pools, water features etc.
• Cottage gardens
• Other - specify

6. What style of home do you prefer? Eg. Single, 2 story or split level?
• Modern
• Cottage/shack/log cabin
• Victorian
• Country
• Colonial
• Decked
• Mediterranean
• Other – specify

7. What setting would you prefer your house to be in?
• Near water, beach, lake or river.
• Nestled amongst trees and woodlands.
• In a city/apartment
• In a desert
• Other - specify

Answer all 7 questions quoting the numbers they are against here.

So it may look something like this if it were my preferences:
1. aqua, white and black or maroon and cream.
2. Mix of carpet and tile – don’t like wood unless it’s light such as Tasmanian Oak.
3. Contemporary furnishings – with lots of glass and light
4. 3 bedrooms and a study
5. A natural or zen garden with some form of water feature around. Not a sculptured garden.
6. Single story, Contemporary
7. Near water, beach, lake or river.

All Packs except Bowling Night Pack.

If you go into this you will commit to being one of the Kris Kringles, providing a home for another member and you will receive one back, remembering that some requests may be 2-storey and various other requests, so if you are not a confident builder, (although there are many here that can help)

You can answer the above questions now, but nothing will happen until later when I am on holidays from school. If you answer now and decide later it would be too much, due to real life getting in the way, LOL :) you can change your mind about participating, that's okay. Just give me some notice in a PM and I'll take you off the list.

If you need clarification for anything I've mentioned in here, please don't hesitate to ask.

Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    **TAG LIST - Please ask to be taken off or put on this list for future reference**

@Jendowoz0612 @chips46 @mcrudd @NZsimm3r @rosenero10 @dorkydora @Karritz @Figwit @mshadai @ClairkP @pmcavenett @fizzlegig @giggler36 @Kymar @Vivienne62 @VeritySim @Sorceress @Mordecais @Movotti @EuphorialQueen @uo_aaronjd @Eudanil @Oliana @Unfug013 @ShyMouseLissy @Oshtha @blunote00 @Aussie_Simmer @Shinzhia @kiwicrone @grevilliablue @kamb1403 @RoOoAr5 @darkamorpheous @abelhinha35 @harveyjames7 @@aussiekarima @uo_aaronjd @chalicen @ginnymalfoy22 @February11 @Savage_Patch_Kidd @bokylie1 @AlienWithABox @chesterbigbird @Mikezumi @leashahampton @Pary @SoulGal7 @theFella @imaginarycowplant @king_of_simcity7

• Options
    *reserved*

• Options
    *reserved*

• Options
    *reserved*

• Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    edited December 2017
    Awesome @jendowoz0612. I would love to take part again this year - here are my responses:

1. What is your favourite colour combination for your décor? Neutrals

2. Do you prefer predominantly wood, carpet, linoleum or tile, or a mixture of two or more? Specify please. Wood for the living areas, tiles for the bathroom/laundry

3. What style of furnishings, windows, doors etc. do you prefer? No preference but would like the same style throughout the house and gardens

4. State how many bedrooms you'd prefer, and choose "one" of the following extra rooms you'd like in your house.
    • Number of bedrooms 4
    • Bar/entertainment. entertainment area in the backyard with spa and pool if possible

5. What sort of garden is your preference? Something that fits with the house but would love a bench under a tree to sit and reflect

6. What style of home do you prefer? Eg. Single, 2 story or split level? No preference but would like the same style throughout the house and gardens

7. What setting would you prefer your house to be in? A rural retreat with trees and running water nearby

Btw, I was kamb1403 on the Aussie Forums - my name here is also my Origin ID.

Edited to add that I don't currently have Cats and Dogs - this is my christmas present so will have it on 25 December. I have all the other packs.
    Post edited by bokylie1 on
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    edited December 2017
    oh, gotcha, no problems. could you choose only one of the extra rooms under the bedroom option (number 4) thanks. In other words one of these, games, gym bar, or study. :)

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I will join in, but is it ok if I only type everything up tomorrow afternoon when everyone is at school and work and I can think straight LOL
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    oh, gotcha, no problems. could you choose only one of the extra rooms under the bedroom option (number 4) thanks. In other words one of these, games, gym bar, or study. :)

Done :) Sorry about that, was filling it in really quickly
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    imaginarycowplantimaginarycowplant Posts: 220 Member
    Dang it, I wish I could join just to do interior.
    I'm crappy at building
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Sorry not good on personal build for anyone it will be a disaster you wouldn't want it for me.
  • Options
    You can, @imaginarycowplant you can download a house or ask someone to do a shell of a house and then do you own decoration. @sawdust may be willing if you ask her. She is very good at building. :)

• Options
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I will join in, but is it ok if I only type everything up tomorrow afternoon when everyone is at school and work and I can think straight LOL

That will be fine, @mcrudd It will take a few days to get off the ground, we will need to firstly see if enough people are interested and secondly wait for them to add their details.

• Options
    Ok I'll join then
  • Options
    1. What is your favourite colour combination for your décor?
    Blues, Greys, Browns, Greens, Whites (not many blacks)

2. Do you prefer predominantly wood, carpet, linoleum or tile, or a mixture of two or more? Specify please.
    I love wood! I also like it in bedrooms for teen-elder but I prefer carpet in baby-children's rooms.

I do like rustic styled housing (cats and dogs kind of stuff) Just not fully modern because I don't like that style.

No. of Bedrooms Prefered: 3
    I'd also like a dedicated study.

Definitely cottage styled

A Country or Cottage styled home would be nice, I want to to be single story if possible.

In Brindleton Bay
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Wait until you know who you are Kris Kringle for, and then ask someone to make that shell for you with the right sized bedrooms, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Questions (List what packs you have here, then whomever is your Kris Kringle knows what they can and can't use in your home).
    I have all the stuff packs, game packs and expansion packs, my game is up to date with all the free content

1. What is your favourite colour combination for your décor? I like neutral or pastel colours.

2. Do you prefer predominantly wood, carpet, linoleum or tile, or a mixture of two or more? Specify please. I usually use tile in bathrooms, carpet in bedrooms and wood throughout the rest of the house, or if not wood carpeting.

Contemporary
    • Antique

• Number of bedrooms 2
    • Study 1

• Water gardens – fountains, pools, water features etc.
    • Cottage gardens

• Cottage/shack/log cabin
    • Country

• Near water, beach, lake or river.
    • Nestled amongst trees and woodlands.

Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    Hi, @mcrudd Could you choose only one of the extra rooms under the bedroom option (number 4) thanks. In other words one of these, games, gym bar, or study. :) I've separated it a bit from the bedrooms, hope that makes it clearer. :)

• Options
    Hi, @mcrudd Could you choose only one of the extra rooms under the bedroom option (number 4) thanks. In other words one of these, games, gym bar, or study. :) I've separated it a bit from the bedrooms, hope that makes it clearer. :)

All done, sorry my head is jumbled at the moment, not thinking straight
  • Options
    aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I would love to join in again this year,but I will have to wait,still have Sinus,so when do we start?
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    OOOOOh this thing again!

1. What is your favourite colour combination for your décor? Black and gold OR Pink, Purple and Teal

2. Do you prefer predominantly wood, carpet, linoleum or tile, or a mixture of two or more? Specify please. Marble and Metal OR wood and bright paint

3. What style of furnishings, windows, doors etc. do you prefer? Art Deco OR Bohemian/ Old world

4. State how many bedrooms you'd prefer, and choose "one" of the following extra rooms you'd like in your house. 3bedroom + meditation room (with a bar, "juicing" helps one to meditate) OR 3 bedroom + an art room

5. What sort of garden is your preference? Water gardens – fountains, pools, water features etc.

6. What style of home do you prefer? Eg. Single, 2 story or split level? 2 story, art deco OR 2 story Mediterranean

7. What setting would you prefer your house to be in? Desert OR Beach side

Yes, I want an art deoco house, with a water garden, in the desert. OR a Mediterranean exterior/bohemian interior beach side house, with a water garden.

I don't want much :p

I have all EPs except cats and dogs.
    I have all game packs except parenthood
    I have, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff and Vintage Glamour Stuff
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    ~ I would love to join in again this year,but I will have to wait,still have Sinus,so when do we start?

It will depend, Karima, we only have 4 at the moment so not really enough takers yet, so if we get about 6 or 8 then we can start as we will need at least that many so the guessing isn't to obvious. ;)

• Options
    edited December 2017
    I don't think this is going to be a goer, since only 4 are interested, and I think Movotti has been banned for some reason, but we can always do it next year, or perhaps for Easter or something.

• Options
    ~ We will have to do it with AU & NZ flair!LOL! & make it a seasonal thing! I love that idea! @Jendowoz0612
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Yes we could do a summer, autumn, winter, spring theme. Yes perhaps seasonal, would work, @aussiekarima, good idea.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    ~ Well it is unique to this part of the world! LOL!
    ~ I mean the weather is at odds with the rest of the world(I am not even sure that makes sense!LOL) ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif