Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horrible redesign of thesims.com

What a shock! I am not so shocked that they have buried TS3, but they have also killed all the community links on the main page and removed them from the drop down menus. You have to go to a home page of a specific game (if you can find it anymore) before you find the link to the forums. And if you go to the EA Forums home page, only TS4 is listed. Next step - delete the forums entirely.

Comments

• Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Nah, they just hired new staff. They’ll keep this place around. They just want to get people buying the newer, more expensive games, so they put them at the fore. They are likely on the road to dropping support for the older games themselves, though.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Well, after 3 to 4 years since it finishing updates I suppose they would consider it a "Legacy" game.
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    They dropped the support years ago and I'm ok with the "legacy" label. When they redesigned the forums to spotlight the mobile game and TS4 and shoved everything else into "legacy" it was not that surprising.

But I always considered thesims.com to be a community website where you go to get the latest news (about all things Sims), read the blog and chat with other players. Splitting the focus into three home pages and pushing the community links two menus deep so they can redirect to sales seems cold and the opposite of customer friendly.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited December 2017
    They dropped the support years ago and I'm ok with the "legacy" label. When they redesigned the forums to spotlight the mobile game and TS4 and shoved everything else into "legacy" it was not that surprising.

But I always considered thesims.com to be a community website where you go to get the latest news (about all things Sims), read the blog and chat with other players. Splitting the focus into three home pages and pushing the community links two menus deep so they can redirect to sales seems cold and the opposite of customer friendly.

I hate the new design, but remember, The Sims 3 still has it's own dedicated website, while The Sims 4 is sharing with Freeplay and The Sims Mobile.

I think The Sims 3 is still getting a lot of special attention if you ask me.

It's also front page on "The Sims" website:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    At least that TS3 is not regarded a 'past Sims game' that they used for TS1 and TS2.

I mean lets face it, the biggest thread on the forums with other 2000 is the vibrant 'What happened in your game today?' thread. This over took the only big TS4 related thread that was the family play thread that many tried to close but was staple to the serious criticism that TS4 had and still has
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 ever thought that's because it's the one and only thread that most people consistently post in, including you? ;)
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I am confused about the new design. How do we find or start sims 3 threads now? Am I missing something?
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @Simulator4 There are other long standing threads that get a few replies each day or so as well and new threads get started often.

All positive threads though and nothing sinister
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2017
    LOL, I can't even see anything. I hit the big green letters above The Sims and it loads a page that says The Sims Video Games.com...and nothing on it, totally blank, white page. Refreshing doesn't help it, either. ETA: Forums now have New Zealand and Aussie at top, strange it would be at top since this is the USA site. I get they want to add them here, but why at toP? ETA: Just to be clear when my bookmark loaded today I thought I was on the wrong site because it said at top New Zealand forum..just sayin' I got confused for a second. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.