Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars of course

I always want ways to make money. So, how about being able to repair old clunkers and sell them either from home or from a shop. I would love to own a car dealership where we repair and sell cars. Why buy a car, well for the materialistic trait of course. And the bro trait to talk about cars. Also to make woohoo in the driveway, to sit in the car and listen to music and for teens to make out in the car. Who doesn't like washing a car! I would like to see the car collector aspiration maybe. You can purchase different style cars to repair in the driveway from classic cars to sports cars to motorcycles. Who knows. As for actions I know there is a loading screen but why couldn't EA bring back what we had in The Sims 2 where the sims have the animation of getting in the car and backing out of the driveway and then pull up a little just for pics before going into a loading screen. Come on EA. But yeah, I would like to see a full working auto mechanic shop that puts the car up on the machine so you can change the tires and such! That would be cool to have sims pull into the the lot and wait in the building while the car is worked on. Work your way up from a cheap mechanic shop to a sports car/antique car dealership! Maybe even have your toy dog on your lap as you drive out of the driveway! hehe

Comments

• QueenlokiQueenloki Posts: 59 Member
    A cars stuff pack would be cool. Then there could be lots of different styles of cars, and maybe even some motorcycles.
    Bah weep granah weep nini bong
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2017
    I always want ways to make money. So, how about being able to repair old clunkers and sell them either from home or from a shop. I would love to own a car dealership where we repair and sell cars. Why buy a car, well for the materialistic trait of course. And the bro trait to talk about cars. Also to make woohoo in the driveway, to sit in the car and listen to music and for teens to make out in the car. Who doesn't like washing a car! I would like to see the car collector aspiration maybe. You can purchase different style cars to repair in the driveway from classic cars to sports cars to motorcycles. Who knows. As for actions I know there is a loading screen but why couldn't EA bring back what we had in The Sims 2 where the sims have the animation of getting in the car and backing out of the driveway and then pull up a little just for pics before going into a loading screen. Come on EA. But yeah, I would like to see a full working auto mechanic shop that puts the car up on the machine so you can change the tires and such! That would be cool to have sims pull into the the lot and wait in the building while the car is worked on. Work your way up from a cheap mechanic shop to a sports car/antique car dealership! Maybe even have your toy dog on your lap as you drive out of the driveway! hehe

I love this, all of it. :) The only thing I might add is that vehicles shouldn't teleport as soon as they get off the lot. The neighborhood is open. So I wouldn't mind seeing the vehicles drive all the way to the end of the neighborhood before disappearing.

I would love a mechanic career to go along with those DIY car projects. The career could be similar to the vet career, in that, the mechanic needs to look at the "symptoms" of the car to determine the cause and then to fix it.

An automobile sale podium would be nice to have again. For storytelling purposes, it would be nice to take Sims teens to buy their first clunker. Or for a young adult Sim who has landed their first job to go buy their first brand new car.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

Making out in cars shouldn't be limited to teens. I want young adults thru elders to to that as well.
    Queenloki wrote: »
    A cars stuff pack would be cool. Then there could be lots of different styles of cars, and maybe even some motorcycles.

A Gamepack,Expansion or Patch would be required for cars. A Stuffpack is too small.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I always want ways to make money. So, how about being able to repair old clunkers and sell them either from home or from a shop. I would love to own a car dealership where we repair and sell cars.

Yes yes yes! I miss my junk car and mechanics garage so much! In TS3 I had my teen mechanic go and collect cars from the junk yard (I also miss this feature) and he'd work really hard on them and eventually he'd sell the car at his uncle's garage. I liked the interaction of having them work on the car together, he didn't know his father so his uncle was his father-figure, so it was a bonding experience. And he'd also also romance his girlfriends in the car like that scene in Titanic! :D And I'd love a motorcycle too.

I'm not really that bothered about not actually driving around in them. Because for me it was more about the interactions around the car and actually getting to work on it like a mechanic. But I agree that it would be nice if the car actually reversed off the driveway like in TS2, rather than simply evaporating. One does not simply evaporate.

One-Does-Not-Simply.jpg
    When we get cars I don't want all cars to be fixer uppers just some. Also I'm hoping for convertible cars.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    When we get cars I don't want all cars to be fixer uppers just some. Also I'm hoping for convertible cars.

I think it'd be nice if we could have junk versions of all the cars as cheaper options BUT we could also buy brand new cars directly for buy mode and/or an in-game car dealership. Maybe it could be an interaction on the computer, 'search for new car', and you get a pop up where you can browse through the different cars and see their reliability and condition. A bit like adopting a dog but... cars.

So maybe the reliability would go down the more you use it. So you could buy a brand new car but after a period of time the chance of it breaking would go up, and you'd have to keep sending it in for repairs. But maybe there could also be really good upgrade options: 'new engine'; 'premium oil', that sort of thing. And you can actually upgrade a car to be unbreaking at high skill (or high cost). So you could buy a new car and not look after it and find it gets in really bad condition really quickly. Or you could potentially buy a junk car and look after it so well it becomes super-reliable!

So I'm thinking condition and reliability are the two factors of a car. Both degrade over time but both can be improved through good maintenance and upgrades. So a brand new car would look really shiny and nice, a mid-level condition would look a bit scruffy and rusty round the edges, and finally a car would get in such bad condition it would become a 'junk' car.

I really like the way we can find parts of junk cars in Need for Speed, and how we can upgrade those cars and make them awesome. So I'd love that kind of thing in the game for my mechanic Sim.

Need-for-Speed-Beetle-Resurrection-879x507.png

47f619294a691a4cc891f5d08e521ed1.png
    gOKazZp.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    nfspayback-derelict-superbuild.png.adapt.crop191x100.628p.png

I freakin love that Beetle! <3___<3 Since both games are EA I'd love some kind of cross-over thing like they did with Battlefront.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2017

I think it'd be nice if we could have junk versions of all the cars as cheaper options BUT we could also buy brand new cars directly for buy mode and/or an in-game car dealership. Maybe it could be an interaction on the computer, 'search for new car', and you get a pop up where you can browse through the different cars and see their reliability and condition. A bit like adopting a dog but... cars.

So maybe the reliability would go down the more you use it. So you could buy a brand new car but after a period of time the chance of it breaking would go up, and you'd have to keep sending it in for repairs. But maybe there could also be really good upgrade options: 'new engine'; 'premium oil', that sort of thing. And you can actually upgrade a car to be unbreaking at high skill (or high cost). So you could buy a new car and not look after it and find it gets in really bad condition really quickly. Or you could potentially buy a junk car and look after it so well it becomes super-reliable!

So I'm thinking condition and reliability are the two factors of a car. Both degrade over time but both can be improved through good maintenance and upgrades. So a brand new car would look really shiny and nice, a mid-level condition would look a bit scruffy and rusty round the edges, and finally a car would get in such bad condition it would become a 'junk' car.

I really like the way we can find parts of junk cars in Need for Speed, and how we can upgrade those cars and make them awesome. So I'd love that kind of thing in the game for my mechanic Sim.

Need-for-Speed-Beetle-Resurrection-879x507.png

47f619294a691a4cc891f5d08e521ed1.png
    gOKazZp.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    nfspayback-derelict-superbuild.png.adapt.crop191x100.628p.png

I freakin love that Beetle! <3___<3 Since both games are EA I'd love some kind of cross-over thing like they did with Battlefront.

I really love the bolded part. It would give real meaning and game play to the idea of owning an in-game car. Add to that, it would give a trait, such as Vehicle Enthusiast, real legs to stand on.

Cool ideas. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I don't want to be negative here because I too would have liked vehicles of several types for Sims 4. However think of how far you could actually use one. The neighborhood sections are hardly big enough for our sims to have a decent jog let alone use any type of vehicle bigger that a skate board. It really is a shame I think they really low balled the neighborhood sections. Again I want to stress I liked the ideas I just think the reality would be disappointing in Sims 4. Perhaps they could be saved for Sims 5 if we get an open world and an opportunity to really drive.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If they gave us cars like we had in S2 where your sim gets in and drives to the end of the lot only, now, they would drive to the end of the neighborhood. Unfortunately, this game is not set up that way. So, at best, the car would appear at the curb and then you and it teleport.

However, I don't think that will happen either because this game just isn't set up for cars to be driven on the roads (which are really just paint, not a route for cars anyway).

If we get cars, I think they will be undrivable objects meant for hobbies like a new mechanic still or for making out in.