Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basic If/Then Scripting

So I'd like to understand the basic syntax that might allow more flexibility in my variable control. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

In fixing my Child Vampire Manifestation mod, I found a lot of changes had been made to the sims.aging.aging_tuning module, and a lot of stuff has been delegated to new agingTransition tuning files. This, to me, seems to open up a few possibilities in terms of things I'd like to do with the game. One of them is to make a vampire's lifespan, in general, twice the length of a human's.

Now, when I look in the agingTransition_Human_Teen file, I see this snippet of code:

<V t="literal" n="_age_duration">
<U n="literal">
<T n="value">13</T>
</U>
</V>

Obviously, one of the ways to accomplish my goal is to make some kind of statement that, if the sim has Vampire_Manifested trait, then the value is 26 instead of 13. But I'm a bit out of sorts in terms of how I'd write that in there.

Has anyone done something like that before? Any thoughts?
Hey new members! Wondering where the "create discussion" button is? Turns out you need 30 posts and 50 points (points come from people reacting to your posts) in order to start your own discussions. Head to the welcome categories and post away and you should get there in a day or so.