Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living Events (Opera, Circus, Concerts)

ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
Ok, this is something that I had no clue existed before, because I have never had it happen to my Sim. I saw in a YouTube video a couple of hours ago that your Sims will get calls to go to these rabbit hole events later in the evening. I have not gotten a call or invite like this once.

What exactly triggers them to happen?
Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
Post edited by Arkane on

Comments

• AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited December 2017
    Any friends you have should randomly invite you to them from time to time. It's weird that you haven't gotten any calls. You’ll probably get a call eventually if you just wait it out. You have better chances getting invited the more sims you know.

Also I don’t know if this has anything to do with it, but maybe having higher relationships with people would help trigger it.
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    I'll have to check my relationships, but I definitely think a have high friendships with at least 4 from San Myshuno (where he lives)
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    Isn't it still broken anyway? There was/is a bug where the event never shows, even if you get the invitation. Maybe it's related.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    I'm not sure even if you have a good relationship it's not supposed to be too often I think they toned it down actually, it didn't work one time for me but several times with different sims it did I think it's a nice little touch.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • OlberOlber Posts: 80 Member
    Isn't it still broken anyway? There was/is a bug where the event never shows, even if you get the invitation. Maybe it's related.

Sometimes it does happen, sometimes it doesn't, for me. It's definitely not entirely fixed, since sometimes they only get the invitation but never the call to actually leave, but sometimes it does seem to work as intended.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

It's been working since the pets patch.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

They’re still broken for me, I get the invitation, accept, but nothing ever happens.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

They’re still broken for me, I get the invitation, accept, but nothing ever happens.

You're supposed to receive a push to go at 8p.m. Maybe it breaks if you leave the lot before that time? I don't know, but it's been working for many since the patch.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,222 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

You're supposed to receive a push to go at 8p.m. Maybe it breaks if you leave the lot before that time? I don't know, but it's been working for many since the patch.

Leaving the lot shouldn't break it. I once had a sim go straight from her retail lot to a concert, causing control to switch to the home lot She has been invited to a couple more concerts since then. Circus seems to be broken for me though, no push shows up..
    image.png
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    This has just started working for me since the C&D patch...I love it. Before it never worked.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    I think you just need a high friendship with other sims that you go out with a lot. It's usually the people I invite to outings, like the festivals. Usually my sim ends up not going, even if I accept the invitation. Sometimes it works, sometimes nothing happens. I get invitations every now and then but I haven't tried going since I got the cats and dogs pack so I don't know if it got fixed.
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    What I've only noticed from these rabbit-hole events are that Sims are usually only invited to them when they have no official career and basically have lots of free time. I really don't mind though, because it certainly gives my unemployed Sims something to do anyway. :P
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png