Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Simming?

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
Sul Sul.
Yeah, I’m a kiwi (i.e. New Zealander) so it is Summer here right now. I know a lot of you will be in various parts of the northern hemisphere and therefore experiencing a variety of cold...

Uni is out for the year (until February) and looking for work only really takes so long each day. The result is I’m finding myself with time on my hands and I’m thinking about firing up the Sims again.

So tell me what’s been happing in Sim Nation while I’ve been gone? Are you and/or your Sims gearing up for Christmas? (I suppose Sims aren’t getting a ‘White Christmas’ yet, while awaiting real seasons?)
I won’t be able to get pets yet because A) broke student and B) my computer is getting too old to run the graphics. Doesn’t mean you can’t tell me about the fun you’re having with your new plickas. Help me get excited about our favourite virtual people again; woo!

So, go .. ..

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Not sure where you left off, but I'm having a blast with toddlers! As for the pets, I've given my two rotation families in the same save one Beagle, each. It's a little hard, since I just lost my last Beagle this past September. But, we don't control them, which is just fine with me. So far, they're getting trained, but I've also got at least one toddler in each household, too. It's crazy time. Bedlam, but lots of fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited December 2017
    That sounds crazy awesome @GalacticGal. Though I know what you mean about the sadness of losing your real life Beagle.
    I’ve had Sim toddlers and this is achieving what I wanted by reminding me that they’re super fun and I want to play them again. Thanks. (Just one at a time though, craziness in moderation you know).
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I'm playing my ancestors from the 18th century. Lots of children (I also have a mod).
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I’d like to see that. Have you shared/got any screenshots of that?
    Right. I’m updating the game and suddenly realise it seems to be taking FOREVER. Closer inspection reveals it’s downloading 3.9GB. What in Sim Nation is it downloading that it that huge!?! :o
    edited December 2017
    Then there’s the usual “But where to START?!”

Things I have enjoyed in the past:
    -an artist living in an apartment in San Myshuno
    -a scientist who even made it to Sixam via the wormhole generator (at work/the lab) while raising a family.
    -raising toddlers to young adults (unfortunately I always seem to stop there and restart. I DID get better on my very last game and the eldest even moved out to his own place and started dating)
    -a doctor (this one did reasonable, but didn’t max out before I restarted)
    - a collector (this was the scientist and she completed frogs and nearly metals, gems, elements; wish the MySims were a bit easier..)
    - a geek/nerd type who programmed and played video games at all hours.

Things I haven’t tried yet, but am thinking about:
    - adoption, rather than procreation
    - a serial romantic/player
    - a detective
    - a ghost, with probable resurrection

It could be worth noting that all my Sims have been:
    -human (no aliens or ghosts and I don’t own or particularly want vampires..)
    -monogamous
    -rather introverted; no crowds of friends, no crazy parties, no real experience with get together clubs
    But I think it’s about time some of this changed. I think I’d like a Sim who’ll “live it up” a little.

Ideas, Opinions ? ? ?
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    HI!!!
    Aussie here, summer simming is my usual thing. It gets too hot to want to do much else, other than sit under the ac, and create my own soap operas.

This has been the first year that I've played the sims all year round. I started dabbling with modelling comps last summer. It gave me something new and different to get out of the game. I'm thinking of branching into more story telling too, in the new year.

I'd suggest that you try some play styles you haven't tried before.

Try a serial romantic party animal. A total player. It can be fun to try to knock up the entire town.
    Or experiment with the GT clubs. I've got a mothers coffee club, a cabaret drag club, and several teen cliques.

One of my recent sim projects has been a rotational play save, with all of the sims that I've made then neglected in the past. I've got a bit of everything going on there. About once a week, I add another neglected blast from the past.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    edited December 2017
    Movotti wrote: »
    It gets too hot to want to do much else, other than sit under the ac, and create my own soap operas.
    I know what you mean, though depending what part of the country you’re in, you get hotter than us.

Aussie here, summer simming is my usual thing... This has been the first year that I've played the Sims all year round.
    Funny; I used to play year round. So I’m the opposite.

Try a serial romantic party animal. A total player. It can be fun to try to knock up the entire town.
    Or experiment with the GT clubs. I've got a mothers coffee club, a cabaret drag club, and several teen cliques.
    As you may have read above; I’m contemplating playing a bit of a wild child, serial romantic/party animal. The budding plan is two roommates in a cheap, city apartment. One into comedy/music/mixology/partying til dawn. The other, probably in Social Media. Photography? (All those Selfies) and Art/Food with a possibility to dabbling in Critic career.

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    As you may have read above; I’m contemplating playing a bit of a wild child, serial romantic/party animal. The budding plan is two roommates in a cheap, city apartment. One into comedy/music/mixology/partying til dawn. The other, probably in Social Media. Photography? (All those Selfies) and Art/Food with a possibility to dabbling in Critic career.
    These sound like some good ideas... so good I might have to borrow and expand on them. I think I need a new household, one with a comedy cabaret drag queen, a selfie obsessed social media queen bee, a party boy player, and a musician mixologist. A house in which the party never ends, and no one has a 'real' job. :p

And they're all going to be living on top of each other in a tiny, cruddy apartment.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    @Movotti. Sounds like a recipe for some chaotic fun. Bit too much for my tastes; but to each his own.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Right. I’m updating the game and suddenly realise it seems to be taking FOREVER. Closer inspection reveals it’s downloading 3.9GB. What in Sim Nation is it downloading that it that huge!?! :o

It was probably the Cats & Dogs pre-release patch. Unfortunately this patch changed a LOT of the games coding so most mods & cc broke. This was expected, but there was nothing modders & cc creators could do until cats & dogs was released. Hope you don't have too many mods or cc affected.
    Sounds about right @Starfree. I use that Command Centre or Master Controller or whatever the exact name is (I forget right now). The big one that tweaks the lifespans for me. It’s the only one I’ve let myself use for TS4. Used to have some CC clothes and furniture and stuff as well as NRaas ones for TS3.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Kiwi here. I made an allblack dog for the represent challenge hahahaha, waiting for an aussie to make an aussie player ;)

noibBaS.png
    He’s choice @mcrudd
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Good work! @mcrudd *waves Kiwi flag*
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    Kiwi dog :D Love it!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Love it @mcrudd :star::lol::star:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • theFellatheFella Posts: 297 Member
    @mcrudd kiwi Pride!!!!
    MeanBrilliantArrowworm-size_restricted.gif
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    edited December 2017
    ~ How do you enter that? @mcrudd I have a Southern Cross Dingo!
    yL5zvRx.png

~ I did get an E-mail for it,do I just upload it with #SIMS4PAWS (are the hash tags working yet?)Sorry got a thick head at the moment (Sinus!) LOL! ;)
    Post edited by aussiekarima on
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

edited December 2017
    ~ How do you enter that? @mcrudd I have a Southern Cross Dingo!

~ I did get an E-mail for it,do I just upload it with #SIMS4PAWS (are the hash tags working yet?)Sorry got a thick head at the moment (Sinus!) LOL! ;)
    Once you are done, be sure to add your creation to the Gallery using “Represent” in your title, and share with the wider community on social using #Sims4Paws #Represent

Hi Aussie, love your dingo <3 You just add the tags above and start your upload name with represent. If you would like to share it, you can share it over here as well http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931078/spcai-challenge-show-us-your-local-pride :)

He’s choice @mcrudd
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Good work! @mcrudd *waves Kiwi flag*
    February11 wrote: »
    Kiwi dog :D Love it!
    Love it @mcrudd :star::lol::star:
    theFella wrote: »
    @mcrudd kiwi Pride!!!!

Thank you all <3 Happy simming my friends :)
  • ginnymalfoy22ginnymalfoy22 Posts: 404 Member
    Oh wow @mcrudd love the All Blacks dog! And the southern cross dingo is really cool @aussiekarima
    Oh wow @mcrudd love the All Blacks dog! And the southern cross dingo is really cool @aussiekarima

I might be born in South Africa but I am a true Kiwi at heart <3
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,653 Member
    edited December 2017
    mcrudd wrote: »

I might be born in South Africa but I am a true Kiwi at heart <3

I was born in England ... ... thought I'd share that with you.
    Every time I go back to see my family, I realize why I'm better off in Australia - sunshine!
    Last time i went back for a month in June/July we had 3 days of sun, it rained all the other days :|
    Certainly don't go back for the weather!
    Mind you in saying that, I do miss a traditional cold Christmas. Little country pubs, quaint villages ... ...
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Thank you for the link & the info, I will put him their.he is up on the Gallery now,so thank you <3@mcrudd <3
    ~ Thank you @ginnymalfoy22 <3
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima