Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dogs taking down clothesline laundry?

I know it's just a stuff pack and they rarely have inter-pack features, but it would be great if dogs could take down clothes that are hung out to dry as a way of troublemaking. It's just that we've had dogs IRL who do/did that, and it can be something that adds a little more depth to the dogs in this game.
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Comments

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes, this would be hilarious. And possibly annoying to some players. Gives them a reason to put the clothesline somewhere else and make sure the dogs can't get to it.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    This would be really funny to do. It would bring more life to cats and dogs+ laundry stuff pack
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    As long as that interaction isn't constantly spammed.
  • CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    edited December 2017
    My 1 year old pup does this and ruins ALL my clothes, all the time, cake's them in mud and flings them around. Would be a hilarious in-game feature! (live above said, within reason!) :D
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    That sounds like it could be really fun, maybe pets could be taught not to do it like with other things in game. But idk so far into development if they haven't thought of it already I doubt it will happen. I think the extent of pets interacting with this stuff pack content will be cats walking on surfaces and pets fixating/being scared of the white goods.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    As long as that interaction isn't constantly spammed.

Yep. As with all things, it needs to be tuned right. It would be annoying if overdone, yes.
    rinre33 wrote: »
    That sounds like it could be really fun, maybe pets could be taught not to do it like with other things in game. But idk so far into development if they haven't thought of it already I doubt it will happen. I think the extent of pets interacting with this stuff pack content will be cats walking on surfaces and pets fixating/being scared of the white goods.

Yeah, it doesn't seem likely, but I just wanted to throw this out there. Maybe if they had extra resources, they can do it. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Taking down the clothes? Pssh, that's nothing.

Once I was hanging my laundry on the line when my dog decided the laundry basket would be a good place to pee.

I had to redo everything.
    wJbomAo.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Taking down the clothes? Pssh, that's nothing.

Once I was hanging my laundry on the line when my dog decided the laundry basket would be a good place to pee.

I had to redo everything.

Wow. Now that's devious.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited December 2017
    I had a clothes line years ago when we bought our first house. Had two dogs, too. One a purebred Cocker Spaniel, the other a mutt. The mutt we adopted. He was cute. Neither of them bothered the laundry line since it was over their heads, but the mutt enjoyed a curious ritual whenever I walked out into my back yard with a basket full of wet clothes to hang. He would untie the laces on my shoes! Once he undid both shoes, he left me alone, even when I stopped to retie them. LOL What a riot he was. He did this without fail every load I took out to hang.

ETA: I know the moment I edit this the word plum will be removed. Like my mutt of a dog, EA has this cute little ritual it likes to enact. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/