Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

AU/NZ check in. Welcome to our home away from home.

Comments

• sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    @grevilliablue Membership status has to be earned in both forums, unfortunately. I earned mine long ago because I wanted to start a showcase thread for my builds here. You will also need a photo hosting site like Imgur or Flickr to post photos here.
  • anniechristiina13anniechristiina13 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hey everyone! Annie here from Melbourne. Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather and almost ready for christmas haha!! I laughed alot reading all the comments in here. Awesome having a forum where we can use aussie slang and still be understood.. ;)

Have a good one! (:
  • fizzlegigfizzlegig Posts: 88 Member
    edited December 2017
    what is happening?!
    say-what33.gif
    ok but I'm gonna need a LOL button
    Origin ID: igrog71
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,645 Member
    Hot, humid, 30 degrees and sunny in Sydney today. Here's hoping it'll be a dry Christmas Day.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    Same here up in Brissie hot & humid fans going full speed
    edited December 2017
    Hi @fizzlegig its sad that the other forum is closing down soon, if there's anything that you want to keep like your showcase you can transfer it here as you won't be able to go back to, I probably do the same if I have time, I wish we could transfer our LOL button here :D
    Hey everyone! Annie here from Melbourne. Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather and almost ready for christmas haha!! I laughed alot reading all the comments in here. Awesome having a forum where we can use aussie slang and still be understood.. ;)

Have a good one! (:

We had a whole Forum to our ourselves not just a Board until EA pulled the rug out from under us. None of us are happy about it. :/
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    In case people haven't seen my thread about it...
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931649/aussie-christmas-stuff#latest

They're taking us seriously!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • fizzlegigfizzlegig Posts: 88 Member
    edited December 2017
    My only problem with the US forum is the sheer volume of posts, threads move way too fast for me to keep up :o
    Post edited by fizzlegig on
    Origin ID: igrog71
  • bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Sorry that I have been MIA lately. I have been offered a new job (5 mins from home) and have been trying to tie up all the loose ends at my current job. This time of year we should be winding down, however that isn't the case this year. I have popped on this morning, just to say hi and that I am still alive. After Friday, I should be able to check a lot more frequently.

Have a great day :)
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

Congrats @bokylie1 Hope it works out to be everything you want and need. :D
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited December 2017
    Good luck with your new job. @bokylie1 Wow! 5 mins from home is great!

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ Congrats @bokylie1 you will not be able to use the excuse, my car broke down for being late to work,as being 5 minutes away you can walk!LOL! ;)
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

~ Congrats @bokylie1 you will not be able to use the excuse, my car broke down for being late to work,as being 5 minutes away you can walk!LOL! ;)

When I said 5 minutes away, I meant a 5 minute drive - takes about an hour to walk and 30 minutes on the bus. If you get stuck at the 4 sets of traffic lights, it is more like a 10 minute drive.

Thanks @sawdust @Jendowoz0612 and @aussiekarima for the congrats.

• aussiekarimaaussiekarima Posts: 1,170 Member
    ~ I miss the LOL! button! What do we use Awesome for? have I gone back to school!? LOL!
    Webp-net-gifmaker-3.gif
    Gallery Link-aussiekarima

We should ask @EA_DarDar if we can have the LOL button back. I think the US forums may have had some issues with the LOL button, but we all know how laid back us Aussies and Kiwis are.

I don't think you can put a button back in for a single board. It would have to cover the whole forum. I have always wondered why they could not put in a thankyou button. It makes more sense to me than treating us like we're a bunch of 13yos with an awesome button.
  • BreezaaRoseBreezaaRose Posts: 105 Member
    We've had some weird weather where I'm located, it can be a clear sunny 36 degrees in the morning, then are hail/electrical storm in the afternoon :# :D
    mJoj-3.gif

Nooo dont take Awesome away I always use Awesome well most of the time that I like from a comment or someones build that is really is Awesome and everyone is Awesome aren't we and dont forget give me Awesome :D:D
    edited December 2017
    LOL @chips46 :):D (Gave you an awesome) ;)

Welcome @BreezaaRose :)

• BreezaaRoseBreezaaRose Posts: 105 Member
    Hello @Jendowoz0612 :smiley:
    I'm newto this forum but a 'LOL' button sounds good to me, it's a shame it's been removed :neutral:
    mJoj-3.gif

• Tatts65Tatts65 Posts: 84 Member
    G'day all. That Southern Cross pack sounds bonza doesn't it. I'd love to see one. :) Drier than a ... well, you know how dry ... in Brissie. 9am and I'm melting already. Have a great Christmas everyone. If I remember to log in, see you in the ANZ forum on the dark side.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,645 Member
    Just like to say a very merry Christmas and a happy new year to all from the southern hemisphere. Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Thank you, @February11 you have a great day also. :)

Hope everyone has had a great Christmas day!