Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Genie Skin-Tone de-distorter?

Hello everyone, I've got a small question.
Is it possible (even through mods) to remove the Genie skintone distorter? And if possible can it be one sim only?

I'm making a human skin-toned genie and the filter similar to vampires is a bit of an annoyance, though I don't mind it on everyother genie or vampire, any help is heavily appreciated.
L9q8VGi.png

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    The skin you refer to only shows in CAS (fortunately). In game genies look just like any human sim.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2017
    I was confused too. My genies don't look any different from other sims until they float away in a pink cloud instead of walking.

But I use CC skins. I keep reading people complaining about the genies glow but I've never seen it so I generally don't say anything when people ask how to get rid of it. Can't get rid of something I don't see in my game.

Penny_Haley001.jpg

This toddler genie seems to have inherited her father's skin. He's Salty Seaworth - a mermaid. Her mother is a genie and is in the picture above.

Wendy002.jpg

Gerri005.jpg

Gerri aged up to child

Wendy007.jpg

Wendy aged up to child

Wendy and Gerri are daughters of Haley (seen at top and below) and Salty.

My three YA genies close up.

Josephene001.jpg
    Josephine

Haley001.jpg
    Haley

Jeanie001.jpg
    Jeanie

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    My genie is blue. Aren’t they supposed to be blue? He’s always been blue, in CAS and out of it. But he’s from the lamp, I didn’t create him in CAS.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    My genie is blue. Aren’t they supposed to be blue? He’s always been blue, in CAS and out of it. But he’s from the lamp, I didn’t create him in CAS.

All the genies that have come from the lamp in my game have been blue. I haven't noticed anything else about them though (like a glow or any other effect on their skin). I use default replacements, but I know if they would alter genie blue skin tone.
  • Options

I change their skin in CAS if I don't want them to be blue.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2017
    I don't play with lamps, but seem to get a fair number of newly arriving blue-skinned genies by way of SP Immigration. Sometimes I just step in and replace the skins myself, other times I don't bother.

This is Salvatore, one of my favorite inactive resident sims, born in-game. He's a teen and will marry into my main household eventually, though I've played him actively as a traveling companion on vacations taken by my sims (Traveler mod). He's also a vampire-fairy-genie triple hybrid, all genetic (Hybrid/SP mods), so may not helpful here but just felt like sharing. :)

g83srlj84h9l3wd4g.jpg

He will go to Uni with my actives when they are all a bit older and, although he can of course conjure up perfect meals on demand already, his major will be Fine Arts and he will go into the Culinary career. Nothing wrong with learning to do things the "old school" way. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    This is a genie, without any CC.

silas-portrait2_orig.png

They really show up normal in the game, with or without CC.

(can’t use comparison pictures with other sims right now because I got a message Photobucket is finally going to bork all my old pictures if I don’t pay the ransom)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I released a djinn from the lamp only recently, and noticed, that his skin (no CC) looks totally different in CAS, than it does in game. In CAS he appears nearly grey, in game he´s bright blue, without any glow.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    I released a djinn from the lamp only recently, and noticed, that his skin (no CC) looks totally different in CAS, than it does in game. In CAS he appears nearly grey, in game he´s bright blue, without any glow.

That's interesting. I've never taken a genie in CAS or created one in CAS.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    This is a genie

olmjFmo.jpg

This is a genie summoning cake

r1F5F4W.jpg
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    TreyNutz wrote: »

The only way I've had a playable genie is from CAS. I might have had one from a lamp once as I remember finding a lamp in a child's inventory once and I have no idea how he got it. I think that's the only lamp I've ever had.
  • Options

All djinns from the lamp are face ones, so I made him over in CAS. I actually changed the skintone later to be less blue, because he looked like a smurf.

• Options
    Karritz wrote: »

The only way I've had a playable genie is from CAS. I might have had one from a lamp once as I remember finding a lamp in a child's inventory once and I have no idea how he got it. I think that's the only lamp I've ever had.

I've had a child sim bring a lamp back from a field trip to the mausoleum. Mostly I get the the lamps from sending sims through the dimensional gate of the PlasmaPunch Gyroscopic Conductor (requires an upgrade). Or I spend points for them.
  • Options

I've had a child sim bring a lamp back from a field trip to the mausoleum. Mostly I get the the lamps from sending sims through the dimensional gate of the PlasmaPunch Gyroscopic Conductor (requires an upgrade). Or I spend points for them.

I do have an upgraded Plasma Punch Gyroscopic Conductor. Not in the game I'm currently playing though. I only sent a few sims on an adventure but they didn't bring anything back.
  • Options

I do have an upgraded Plasma Punch Gyroscopic Conductor. Not in the game I'm currently playing though. I only sent a few sims on an adventure but they didn't bring anything back.

It's fairly rare, for the lamp at least. In one game I used NRaas Retuner to up the odds for the lamp. :p Usually though I just send sims repeatedly on the adventure until they come back with one. That can take a while to pay off.
  • Options

It's fairly rare, for the lamp at least. In one game I used NRaas Retuner to up the odds for the lamp. :p Usually though I just send sims repeatedly on the adventure until they come back with one. That can take a while to pay off.

There are some things that I have almost infinite patience with - but getting things from those adventures isn't one of them - except when unexpected things happen. Last time I had a sim using the drill she made on the inventing table, and she started drilling lots of tunnels at the festival grounds, she came back with some amazing things and I kept on drilling.

So - if someone returns with something really interesting from a gyroscopic adventure I'll probably suddenly become addicted to it too. :)

• Options
    One of my sim children brought the lamp home from a school trip (never happened before). I kind of forgot about it until much later, than I had to make room in the houshold. Here are some pictures.
    Screenshot-x5797.jpg
    Here he is freshly summoned. He has some kind of glow going on - I remember being excited about his silver eyes, but in CAS, they were golden.

Screenshot-x5805.jpg
    I already changed his hair and face. Later I also changed his eyes.

Screenshot-x5831.jpg
    Freed from the lamp in game. No glow.

Screenshot-x5905.jpg
    Less blue. I think, he´s adorable, and I want his babies.
    Um. I mean, I want my sims to have his babies.

Screenshot-x5921.jpg
    Eric, who freed him from the lamp (who also was the child who found it), fell instantly in love with him, even if I´m pretty sure, he was straight before.
    The djinn´s name is Julius, btw. (game-given).

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Genies still tied to the lamp indeed have glowing eyes and they’re gingers.

Zwerver_1341_zpsoftcn3oz.png

Same genie after she was freed.

XuSwvcX.png

I love the white hair colour you chose for him, beautiful combination. Even when I feel a slight association with papa smurf hahaha ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 - he had that greenish-brown default colour that often pops up. He actually has very light bluish-grey streaks and tips in his white hair (can´t really see it), to go with his whole silver-blue outfit.
    He kind of does look like a smurf. Perhaps I should give him a beard. :D

I like the red-blue combination of your djinn, but the brown works as well. She´s pretty.

• Options
    edited December 2017
    The smurf comparison actually once was made by someone concerning a genie in my story that got traumatized and therefore lost his hair colour.

iJ4vuym.jpg

Poor man, traumatized, sob sob, very serious scene guys; "he looks like papa smurf" rofl :D A fairy got him his original colour back, but I now realize I should have left it like this, it looks great.
    All genies have that red shine (you just see it with the females because the males wear that turban). I love that combination as well, but once freed she appeared with black hair.
    5JZ57S6.png