Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Fed Up with Bugs and Gltiches

Comments

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @NorthDakotaGamer and @rjssim have you reported your bugs in the Bug report thread over at AHQ? If you haven't, then you need to and provide your computer specs and perhaps even a saved game or two that exhibit the bugs/glitches you are complaining about. Until EA/Maxis can replicate your problems, it won't get fixed. Also let them know how long you have experienced these bugs, what steps you have taken to correct them, what expansion packs/stuff packs/game packs you own and if you use any CC or Mods. It could also be that because you may be using a new graphics card or processor (just thinking off the top of my head) that could be causing your issues. Sometimes having something new that exceeds the games specs can cause problems as well as EA/Maxis haven't had time to add code to account for your new hardware.

If you reported the bugs on this forum, no one is monitoring the closed section any more. You'll need to join AHQ. At AHQ, there are perhaps solutions you may not have tried or others to further search for the cause of these problems and they'll help you find a solution.

This goes for anyone else who is experiencing problems. AHQ really is a good place to check and see if they can help you. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    @NorthDakotaGamer and @rjssim have you reported your bugs in the Bug report thread over at AHQ? If you haven't, then you need to and provide your computer specs and perhaps even a saved game or two that exhibit the bugs/glitches you are complaining about. Until EA/Maxis can replicate your problems, it won't get fixed. Also let them know how long you have experienced these bugs, what steps you have taken to correct them, what expansion packs/stuff packs/game packs you own and if you use any CC or Mods. It could also be that because you may be using a new graphics card or processor (just thinking off the top of my head) that could be causing your issues. Sometimes having something new that exceeds the games specs can cause problems as well as EA/Maxis haven't had time to add code to account for your new hardware.

If you reported the bugs on this forum, no one is monitoring the closed section any more. You'll need to join AHQ. At AHQ, there are perhaps solutions you may not have tried or others to further search for the cause of these problems and they'll help you find a solution.

This goes for anyone else who is experiencing problems. AHQ really is a good place to check and see if they can help you. :)

Thanks @Tremayne4260. However, I have already reported at the EA bug forums a few months ago (link in signature), the bug is sitting in open status.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited October 2018

I actually have reported all bugs. The AHQ is basically worthless though, as that is where I reported bugs. The suggested fixes are things I already did BEFORE reporting the bugs. Basically, it is just a waiting game until the bug-fixing team gets their butt in gear to fix the issues. So the game stays in an unplayable state.
  • Options
    Amistri2016Amistri2016 Posts: 65 Member

It's amazing though.....a lot of the bugs that are out now have been out since the 2014. What they need to do is fire the entire team & replace them with people who know how to properly test the game before releasing anything. It's what most gaming companies do. It is not like I signed up to be in a permanent Alpha version of this game!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Technically, the detective career is not broken, but programmed in such a way that in some cases, there will be no criminal to convict at a certain place, but only so-called decoys. There are mods to avoid this design choice, but still it is not a bug.

Also the walkbys in SanMyshuno are programmed by design so that they will in some cases be so busy that they won't stop to be greeted.

Is this what modders are saying? Because it worked every time when the EP was first released and I played several detectives and always found a suspect until the gender patch or whatever was in that patch that month was installed. I revisited to play a detective career in a new game and no longer could find any suspects. It's odd it worked just fine for me with several different detectives until a particular patch or month or year.

Yes as I'm a modder. I have seen the situations that come up when convicting a criminal and I also experienced it in my own game (without mods installed). It's still in the code (e. g. simFilter_DetectiveCareer_Decoy, situationJob_Detective_ApbDecoy, though they might have tuned it down with a recent patch, I didn't check.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2018
    Technically, the detective career is not broken, but programmed in such a way that in some cases, there will be no criminal to convict at a certain place, but only so-called decoys. There are mods to avoid this design choice, but still it is not a bug.

Also the walkbys in SanMyshuno are programmed by design so that they will in some cases be so busy that they won't stop to be greeted.

Is this what modders are saying? Because it worked every time when the EP was first released and I played several detectives and always found a suspect until the gender patch or whatever was in that patch that month was installed. I revisited to play a detective career in a new game and no longer could find any suspects. It's odd it worked just fine for me with several different detectives until a particular patch or month or year.

Yes as I'm a modder. I have seen the situations that come up when convicting a criminal and I also experienced it in my own game (without mods installed). It's still in the code (e. g. simFilter_DetectiveCareer_Decoy, situationJob_Detective_ApbDecoy, though they might have tuned it down with a recent patch, I didn't check.

Are you saying the game is coded not to send a suspect at all? But to have our Sims run around and the suspect never show up, ever? Because since about two years ago that has been what people and myself have been complaining about. Had to quit quite a few cases because there wasn't a suspect and one wasn't going to appear.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    To add to the list: Yesterday my sim was doing research on her computer and I didn't pay much attention. Until she went into a 4 hour depression and didn't want to do anything other than hide an cry. The reason? One of those notices was in the lower left screen corner chastising her for being a bad parent. Problem is she is single, lives alone, and is a virgin. A message like that should come up only if the sim is in fact a parent and has been doing a lousy job. Am not amused.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited October 2018
    Are you saying the game is coded not to send a suspect at all? But to have our Sims run around and the suspect never show up, ever? Because since about two years ago that has been what people and myself have been complaining about. Had to quit quite a few cases because there wasn't a suspect and one wasn't going to appear.

Not exactly. I'm saying that the game will sometimes send your policeman to a location where there is no actual suspect, but only decoys. If you go back to the police station and then start another manhunt, you should normally come up with a different scenario (including a suspect).
    The coding of those situations has been a hot mess in the beginning, but atm I think it's quite decent. I figure it was changed by a patch due to the numerous complaints.
    I only modded the decoys because I don't like ending up having my saves crowded with them (as they are hidden households, but will be used as townies afterwards - and they follow an awful dress code).

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited October 2018
    Immediate problem solved and original post deleted.
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    gingerale0811gingerale0811 Posts: 35 Member
    There seems to be an excess amount of bugs in the expansions. After getting the toddler pack, my friend's toddler's walk cycle suddenly started getting extremely glitchy, and sometimes he just sorta walks through things? He's never done it before, but after the expansion it happens all the time. The same thing happens in my game, but with adults, and only after I installed the Get to Work expansion. The expansions have a lot of problems in them, is what it looks like.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm thinking that with them rewriting the code to be Python 3.7 compliant, that's going to take care of the majority of the bugs. 3.7 reportedly also has tools that alert developers to code conflicts which should prevent a lot of future bugs. Maybe we should wait and see what happens with the conversion before we start talking about firing people and the like.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Good idea. Had another oddity today. Two sims were chatting, and a third walked through them! In TS2 that requires some tinkering via Simpe to add a few ghost characteristics.
  • Options
    Hiroko_samaHiroko_sama Posts: 15 Member
    So far my biggest complaints--and I doubt they'll address it; I'd die in shock if they do--are:

Welcome Wagon: Need a non-pricky way to opt out. I just moved twice in real life and there was nobody to 'welcome' us. And frankly, I'm perfectly fine with it. I feel like I just gave my neighbors a giant flip of the bird when I cancel it early.

Musical Chairs: If everyone is in the same room chatting in a group, Don't play musical chairs. Everyone can stand if there's no more chairs or go elsewhere. It's more annoying when I'm doing a large family in a starter home and have 3-4 guests.

Exterior Trims: I like doing an indoor grand balcony. I like having trims--something I missed with TS3 as it looked extremely bland without it. However, having an indoor exterior trim where you removed the floor to make it a balcony is incredibly tacky and rather annoying. Spent roughly 3 hours trying to get it right, even looked online for help, and still no luck.

None of it is "game-breaking" but it's a giant turn off and doesn't give me an incentive to invest my money into a game like that. And as a company who wants money, that's a big negatory Batman. That's the whole point in having a company: give people incentive to buy your stuff.
  • Options
    GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    lol.

So what frustrated me in TS3 was that my game crashes all the time, that's why I never even thought of downloaded any mods and/or CC. But that's fine because honestly, TS3 can be played without CC or mods. It just crashes ever so often. Now TS4 I don't crash that much, but man it's jam packed with bugs and glitches.

A quick history of my Sims 4 experience, I got the game when it launched, got bored after a few weeks, stopped playing for 2 or 3 years and then just got back a few months ago. Now, I have all the EP/GP/SP, and boy this game has been plagued with bugs and glitches that neither Maxis nor EA cares about. Because it seems to me from reading through The Sims's, EA's and reddit's forums, these bugs and glitches have been known and reported by multiple players and yet they still are occurring. Yes, I have played this game without CC or mods at all, and I still have experienced these bugs. So I no, I will not disable my CC or mods, just so to test if a CC or mod is causing the issue. This game is unplayable without CC or mod, let's face it TS4 is plum without 3rd party resources. And no, it's not my PC, I play other games as well, I don't experience them or if they do, and the game's company has a fix, they are fixed.

GTW professions are bugged, unless if they programmed to have the nurses and staff on the medicine career to just endlessly with each other or to patients? Is that what these NPCs are suppose to do, sim gurus? Or that the clues in the detective career, not match who the suspect is? Or that you cannot complete the 2nd level of the Music Aspiration, the only "fix" for that is a cheat. (That fix actually made me laugh, like plum??!?? Your fix is a cheat?!?! Are you sh*tting me right now?) What got me irked today though, is when I go to the spa I built for San Myshuno and take a yoga class, everyone is in a static form, while the time keeps running. I logged off game, and tried it again-- again, my sim and everyone else freezes!!!

I'm done. I have reported several of these bugs and glitches as well, but honestly, what's the point, if these have been reported before by several people, I do not understand why they have not been addressed yet?! It's been 2 years since GTW launched, and you still have the same issues. This game is a JOKE!!! A complete JOKE!!! Don't ever tell me to lower down the settings on my game, my PC is fine, I play max settings on my MMO games and other RPG, and I have no problems whatsoever, not only that my PC may not be alienware, but I know for a fact, that my specs exceeds your minimum requirements. If this joke of a developer (Maxis) and company (EA) was really wanted to fix these bugs and glitches they would have done this a long time ago, but well... I guess they do not have any intentions of fixing their broken game. They just want to hype it, stream it and avoid the bugs and glitches that come along with it, and then screw everyone after people buy their plum.

And yeah, I know I have been brutal in this thread. I'm frustrated because I want to love TS4, but I can't. For one, it's already a boring game, empty plum. If you add the bugs and glitches, it makes the game unplayable. So after that freezing glitch I got, I closed my game, and will be playing another game instead. I may just uninstall Origin from my system, it's a waste of digital space in my PC if I can't play TS4. I don't want to waste my money anymore on this god forsaken game.

Just a thought, how is it that TS2, that was on a game engine some 10 years ago (?), able to have a complete game at launch (with toddlers, 3 premade worlds (neighborhoods) and a long list of other worlds you can readily customize and add to your already existing worlds or start from scratch with those, world/neighborhood maps that aren't 2D, etc) and with very few bugs and glitches (if they were I remember they were fixed after a new patch/expansion pack was released)? And yet TS4, on a modern tech, have bugs and glitches galore, without any fix at all-- I swear, it feels like if they fix one thing, they break another. I think it's time to give up The Sims game. It was fun being a part and a fan of the game. But when developers like Maxis and companies like EA turn a good game and plum on it, it's not even worth it anymore. I feel sorry for Will Wright, his vision for The Sims was amazing. Time to move along (again), I guess. See you simmers. Enjoy your game-- IF you can.

PS: I posted this under Discussion, because I am not reporting a bug or a glitch, I am ranting about why they aren't being addressed.

Your last statement ! It’s so embarrassing Will wright set such a platform for the sims and we saw it heading in an amazing direction now it’s just rushy and unfinished it’s a disrespect to him and also to us as long standing simmers!
    They need to regroup their team and stop faffing around on social media yeah it’s nice they communicate with people on Twitter but seriously now start fixing bugs and issues with our game !! #HELPMAKESIMSBETTER
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Garethlex wrote: »
    lol.

So what frustrated me in TS3 was that my game crashes all the time, that's why I never even thought of downloaded any mods and/or CC. But that's fine because honestly, TS3 can be played without CC or mods. It just crashes ever so often. Now TS4 I don't crash that much, but man it's jam packed with bugs and glitches.

A quick history of my Sims 4 experience, I got the game when it launched, got bored after a few weeks, stopped playing for 2 or 3 years and then just got back a few months ago. Now, I have all the EP/GP/SP, and boy this game has been plagued with bugs and glitches that neither Maxis nor EA cares about. Because it seems to me from reading through The Sims's, EA's and reddit's forums, these bugs and glitches have been known and reported by multiple players and yet they still are occurring. Yes, I have played this game without CC or mods at all, and I still have experienced these bugs. So I no, I will not disable my CC or mods, just so to test if a CC or mod is causing the issue. This game is unplayable without CC or mod, let's face it TS4 is plum without 3rd party resources. And no, it's not my PC, I play other games as well, I don't experience them or if they do, and the game's company has a fix, they are fixed.

GTW professions are bugged, unless if they programmed to have the nurses and staff on the medicine career to just endlessly with each other or to patients? Is that what these NPCs are suppose to do, sim gurus? Or that the clues in the detective career, not match who the suspect is? Or that you cannot complete the 2nd level of the Music Aspiration, the only "fix" for that is a cheat. (That fix actually made me laugh, like plum??!?? Your fix is a cheat?!?! Are you sh*tting me right now?) What got me irked today though, is when I go to the spa I built for San Myshuno and take a yoga class, everyone is in a static form, while the time keeps running. I logged off game, and tried it again-- again, my sim and everyone else freezes!!!

I'm done. I have reported several of these bugs and glitches as well, but honestly, what's the point, if these have been reported before by several people, I do not understand why they have not been addressed yet?! It's been 2 years since GTW launched, and you still have the same issues. This game is a JOKE!!! A complete JOKE!!! Don't ever tell me to lower down the settings on my game, my PC is fine, I play max settings on my MMO games and other RPG, and I have no problems whatsoever, not only that my PC may not be alienware, but I know for a fact, that my specs exceeds your minimum requirements. If this joke of a developer (Maxis) and company (EA) was really wanted to fix these bugs and glitches they would have done this a long time ago, but well... I guess they do not have any intentions of fixing their broken game. They just want to hype it, stream it and avoid the bugs and glitches that come along with it, and then screw everyone after people buy their plum.

And yeah, I know I have been brutal in this thread. I'm frustrated because I want to love TS4, but I can't. For one, it's already a boring game, empty plum. If you add the bugs and glitches, it makes the game unplayable. So after that freezing glitch I got, I closed my game, and will be playing another game instead. I may just uninstall Origin from my system, it's a waste of digital space in my PC if I can't play TS4. I don't want to waste my money anymore on this god forsaken game.

Just a thought, how is it that TS2, that was on a game engine some 10 years ago (?), able to have a complete game at launch (with toddlers, 3 premade worlds (neighborhoods) and a long list of other worlds you can readily customize and add to your already existing worlds or start from scratch with those, world/neighborhood maps that aren't 2D, etc) and with very few bugs and glitches (if they were I remember they were fixed after a new patch/expansion pack was released)? And yet TS4, on a modern tech, have bugs and glitches galore, without any fix at all-- I swear, it feels like if they fix one thing, they break another. I think it's time to give up The Sims game. It was fun being a part and a fan of the game. But when developers like Maxis and companies like EA turn a good game and plum on it, it's not even worth it anymore. I feel sorry for Will Wright, his vision for The Sims was amazing. Time to move along (again), I guess. See you simmers. Enjoy your game-- IF you can.

PS: I posted this under Discussion, because I am not reporting a bug or a glitch, I am ranting about why they aren't being addressed.

Your last statement ! It’s so embarrassing Will wright set such a platform for the sims and we saw it heading in an amazing direction now it’s just rushy and unfinished it’s a disrespect to him and also to us as long standing simmers!
    They need to regroup their team and stop faffing around on social media yeah it’s nice they communicate with people on Twitter but seriously now start fixing bugs and issues with our game !! #HELPMAKESIMSBETTER

Hmm is that why to this very day he has remained an EA partner and part of the board and speaks how well he likes the direction of the game. He partners everything he does with EA - everything. If you don't know the whole story why are you making up things. It out there. He does not do things with his former games himself because he really does not get into series long term. He has said they scare him to death but he likes it when he has people he trust to further advance his games and he still get awards for them You got how he really feels so wrong - do partnership searches - Tons of info out there. EA will always have his partnership. He's made that pretty clear.

But his interest right now are mobile games. He loves them and he loves the idea of playing all out favorite game on all out choices of devices. He speaks much like EA if you ask me. Oddly I heard he is also a chairman on Second life with former EA CEO. Did you know Grant even worked on that game - if you want to call it a game - EA basically kept that place alive when it was failing - but then it is not really a game as much as a social network so no threat ayway.

Seems like Wills biggest passion right now is mobile. I have no idea if he partner that with EA or not - but he does say he want to make every persons life a game on mobile sounds veyr EA- ish to me. LOL.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    lol.

Hmm is that why to this very day he has remained an EA partner and part of the board and speaks how well he likes the direction of the game. He partners everything he does with EA - everything. If you don't know the whole story why are you making up things. It out there. He does not do things with his former games himself because he really does not get into series long term. He has said they scare him to death but he likes it when he has people he trust to further advance his games and he still get awards for them You got how he really feels so wrong - do partnership searches - Tons of info out there. EA will always have his partnership. He's made that pretty clear.

But his interest right now are mobile games. He loves them and he loves the idea of playing all out favorite game on all out choices of devices. He speaks much like EA if you ask me. Oddly I heard he is also a chairman on Second life with former EA CEO. Did you know Grant even worked on that game - if you want to call it a game - EA basically kept that place alive when it was failing - but then it is not really a game as much as a social network so no threat ayway.

Seems like Wills biggest passion right now is mobile. I have no idea if he partner that with EA or not - but he does say he want to make every persons life a game on mobile sounds veyr EA- ish to me. LOL.

Does it really matter if he stays on in any capacity if nothing is up to par? Not really. If, as a lot of players are saying, the game is broken in many aspects, EA/Maxis' job should be to appease the masses before moving on to any new content. I don't really care if Will Wright has interest in "mobile" games. If you are going to put your name on something, partner or no partner, your product best be able to stand up to all scrutiny otherwise why would you still want to associate your good name to ruin it?

I make no apologies for wanting what I paid for to work flawlessly. I have standards. It has nothing to do with my PC because I play plenty of competitive games, RPG's & MMO's along with World of Warcraft. I have no issues running any of those. I'll say it again....the products that EA/Maxis has put out all come with problems because they either lack the staff to run a test server first, can't afford it or simply don't care. I stand by my statement, they all need to be replaced instead of sitting around talking to people on social media saying absolutely nothing important! Instead they should be utilizing that "free time" fixing everything broken in the game!
  • Options
    Good idea. Had another oddity today. Two sims were chatting, and a third walked through them! In TS2 that requires some tinkering via Simpe to add a few ghost characteristics.

My newest along side having open umbrellas in my retail flower shop constantly on rainy days is the streaker. He comes inside my store & looks like he going to shop then takes off his clothes & runs outside in a circle blocking my door. No mods, none! LOL
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited October 2018
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited October 2018
    lol.

Does it really matter if he stays on in any capacity if nothing is up to par? Not really. If, as a lot of players are saying, the game is broken in many aspects, EA/Maxis' job should be to appease the masses before moving on to any new content. I don't really care if Will Wright has interest in "mobile" games. If you are going to put your name on something, partner or no partner, your product best be able to stand up to all scrutiny otherwise why would you still want to associate your good name to ruin it?

I make no apologies for wanting what I paid for to work flawlessly. I have standards. It has nothing to do with my PC because I play plenty of competitive games, RPG's & MMO's along with World of Warcraft. I have no issues running any of those. I'll say it again....the products that EA/Maxis has put out all come with problems because they either lack the staff to run a test server first, can't afford it or simply don't care. I stand by my statement, they all need to be replaced instead of sitting around talking to people on social media saying absolutely nothing important! Instead they should be utilizing that "free time" fixing everything broken in the game!

I agree whole heartedly with this.

I would also genuinely like to see evidence that Will Wright likes the latest sims games as I can’t find anything to indicate as such. The only thing I found was that he was working on a Mobile game, no mention of EA and that his last project he had partnered with them in has closed down.

But then this is a thread about bugs and glitches, Will Wright is irrelevant and bringing him into it in this capacity is going off topic and side stepping the actual issue.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    lol.

But if it is just the game at fault why is it not everyone has that problem. Sounds like it is not just the game. I play Sims 2 - 3 and 4 with NO issues. When I do encounter a bug it is a bug EVERYONE with a high end gaming desktop like I run also has that problem. Never - not ever has my Sims 3 or 4 crashed. Not once and I have played both game at over 12 hour stretches. But I know how to configure my computer. I know a lot about games and fixing simple issues and search for problem myself and correcting any usually minor issue. I have learnedin Sims 3 you work on a neighborhood that did not have lots or where you move trees or you turn lots you created problems and have to learn to fill in the hole you make by moving off lot trees, signs, rocks or anything offlit in Sims 3. You have to learn to find the grid and see the holes. You have to repair the routing you break working off lot or sims and animals get stuck and will crash your game. Sims 3 is a huge game and really needed to go to 54 bit as it really hogs resources and easily eat the ram - 3 and half gigs of ram is not good if you play sims 3 with all packs, any CC, or mods, and the whole store of content - it will run out of ram and crash. There are things you can do to help it. Keep caches clean, save often, reboot at least every few hours - enlarge you page file as high as you possibly can in a safe area. Don't place lots in areas not having lots. You are better off learning CAW and make your own huge worlds - and they can be huge madein CAW with no issues if you have a great gaming desk top. Use world by Rflong - no issues never crashes if you have a good pc and know how to properly configure. There are tons more ways to fix the game that usually the player unintentionally broke. Turning a single lot if you have a few butterflies or gems or even fish ponds on it quickly over load you lot as a single turn of the lot one space doubles the creature go all the way around once and you have a nightmare and the only way to fix it is drop done below grid and hand remove every single one of those spawners. Crashes stop. In neighborhood move a tree then find the hole down in the grid stick a rock in it on a Maxis made lot. On your own lot you can fix it you used caw but maxis made we can't place in caw to fix so you must fill in the hole or put the tree back exactly where you took it from and no more stuck sims or animals. But the routing will still be broke - they might have a hiccup lag spot but nothing will get stuck. don't use little fences one space away from houses you need 2 or sims and animals get stuck. But don't tell me it is broken when it is not out of the box as long asyou have configured you game proper. I do think that people who play games like sim should know how to configure proper and properly fix things they unintentionly did not realize they brokethem selves. It is a huge game and takes knowledge believe it or not and when played properly and done as it was designed and you get to know one as advanced a game over Sims 2 and it is far advanced compared to sims 2 design wise - then it takes more knowledge at having a flawless game with absolutely no help from Maxis - as you can do it yourself.

I do agree some of the Maxis made worlds - the city one and the IP one does have issues and could have taken a bit more work by Maxis to fix them or at least let us put them in CAW and fix them but that is not true for all Sims 3 Maxis world. The store world re pretty darn good though and most of the other Maxis world. But I'd guess a lot of things you have happening in Sims is not the game all by itself as it came out of the box. I have plenty of Maxis world I have done nothing to but added houses to empty lots and no issue and as I said I have never once crashed in all my years of playing Sims 3 from the second month it was out. I did have a few issues until I figured how to recognfigure that particular pc I had just finished building for Sims 3 as come to find out that pc was one quad core that had not been tested by EA because it was then Intells newest and they did not share. Well 6 month later I changed out that particular Intell and went back to Asus systems - not had a bit of troublem since. Oh and another big crasher of Sims game is a certain well known and not cheap antivirus is any Nortons product. The scanner is your enemy and even if it says it's off - it's not. Everytime it scans it isknown to crash many even top end pcs. Also Symmantic made also by Norton. You have that get rid of it. I wasted 600 dollars on a multi package from them and they don't give refunds.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    lol.

But if it is just the game at fault why is it not everyone has that problem. Sounds like it is not just the game. I play Sims 2 - 3 and 4 with NO issues. When I do encounter a bug it is a bug EVERYONE with a high end gaming desktop like I run also has that problem. Never - not ever has my Sims 3 or 4 crashed. Not once and I have played both game at over 12 hour stretches. But I know how to configure my computer. I know a lot about games and fixing simple issues and search for problem myself and correcting any usually minor issue. I have learnedin Sims 3 you work on a neighborhood that did not have lots or where you move trees or you turn lots you created problems and have to learn to fill in the hole you make by moving off lot trees, signs, rocks or anything offlit in Sims 3. You have to learn to find the grid and see the holes. You have to repair the routing you break working off lot or sims and animals get stuck and will crash your game. Sims 3 is a huge game and really needed to go to 54 bit as it really hogs resources and easily eat the ram - 3 and half gigs of ram is not good if you play sims 3 with all packs, any CC, or mods, and the whole store of content - it will run out of ram and crash. There are things you can do to help it. Keep caches clean, save often, reboot at least every few hours - enlarge you page file as high as you possibly can in a safe area. Don't place lots in areas not having lots. You are better off learning CAW and make your own huge worlds - and they can be huge madein CAW with no issues if you have a great gaming desk top. Use world by Rflong - no issues never crashes if you have a good pc and know how to properly configure. There are tons more ways to fix the game that usually the player unintentionally broke. Turning a single lot if you have a few butterflies or gems or even fish ponds on it quickly over load you lot as a single turn of the lot one space doubles the creature go all the way around once and you have a nightmare and the only way to fix it is drop done below grid and hand remove every single one of those spawners. Crashes stop. In neighborhood move a tree then find the hole down in the grid stick a rock in it on a Maxis made lot. On your own lot you can fix it you used caw but maxis made we can't place in caw to fix so you must fill in the hole or put the tree back exactly where you took it from and no more stuck sims or animals. But the routing will still be broke - they might have a hiccup lag spot but nothing will get stuck. don't use little fences one space away from houses you need 2 or sims and animals get stuck. But don't tell me it is broken when it is not out of the box as long asyou have configured you game proper. I do think that people who play games like sim should know how to configure proper and properly fix things they unintentionly did not realize they brokethem selves. It is a huge game and takes knowledge believe it or not and when played properly and done as it was designed and you get to know one as advanced a game over Sims 2 and it is far advanced compared to sims 2 design wise - then it takes more knowledge at having a flawless game with absolutely no help from Maxis - as you can do it yourself.

I do agree some of the Maxis made worlds - the city one and the IP one does have issues and could have taken a bit more work by Maxis to fix them or at least let us put them in CAW and fix them but that is not true for all Sims 3 Maxis world. The store world re pretty darn good though and most of the other Maxis world. But I'd guess a lot of things you have happening in Sims is not the game all by itself as it came out of the box. I have plenty of Maxis world I have done nothing to but added houses to empty lots and no issue and as I said I have never once crashed in all my years of playing Sims 3 from the second month it was out. I did have a few issues until I figured how to recognfigure that particular pc I had just finished building for Sims 3 as come to find out that pc was one quad core that had not been tested by EA because it was then Intells newest and they did not share. Well 6 month later I changed out that particular Intell and went back to Asus systems - not had a bit of troublem since. Oh and another big crasher of Sims game is a certain well known and not cheap antivirus is any Nortons product. The scanner is your enemy and even if it says it's off - it's not. Everytime it scans it isknown to crash many even top end pcs. Also Symmantic made also by Norton. You have that get rid of it. I wasted 600 dollars on a multi package from them and they don't give refunds.

I get what you are saying but I am going to say this: If you cannot use all the options given in the game unless you use a "work around" then you aren't getting your money's worth. There is nothing more to say. Happy Simming.
  • Options
    Will agree with you on Norton/Symantic. I 'fired' them ages ago in favor of other means of doing the same job after their antivirus totally trashed the PC I had at the time, forcing me to rebuild it from the motherboard up. Not fun. Not everyone has your level of experience/ expertise or your can run the world from your PC rig, so perhaps some slack cutting may be helpful.
  • Options
    gingerale0811gingerale0811 Posts: 35 Member
    A more recent bug from my game was that if one Sim were to try and initiate conversation with someone, they would walk like a block away from the target character's position, turn around, stand there for like 30 seconds, and then the little bubble showing that they were gonna do a conversation just up and disappears! Alongside that is when the conversation successfully starts, the other character has a tendency to walk directly THROUGH my Sim, tun around, and talk to their back! It is very strange, kind of funny to be honest, but also infuriating when the conversation happens like in the first sentence.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    lol.

I get what you are saying but I am going to say this: If you cannot use all the options given in the game unless you use a "work around" then you aren't getting your money's worth. There is nothing more to say. Happy Simming.
    And don't forget the options given in the game that were so terribly messed up that also modders couldn't fix them (one example being the parent's free holiday in Generations).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GarethlexGarethlex Posts: 159 Member
    edited October 2018
    @Writin_Reg get your facts straight and do YOUR research will wright sold maxis over to EA a long time ago so NO he has no say over the direction of the sims especially as he isn’t even part of EA lol!!?