Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Fed Up with Bugs and Gltiches

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »
    We have two high end gaming rigs in the house. Both are overkill for the sims and aren’t built with the sims specifically in mind but for other more demanding games. I don’t have a lot of bugs but I do have some. I get occasional Simulation lag when you ask a sim to do something, high chair bugs, pets clogging up the queue despite them fixing it bugs, teleporting bugs, sims wearing silly outfits to festivals bugs, the calender bug where sims go to school and then come home early or late. My niece has the game on console and even on the PS4 Pro I see the same pc bugs pop up there.

None of which is the fault of any pc we own. It’s the game. Both games are unmodded and have no cc. This is a game so buggy it gets monthly bug fixes, this is a game so buggy it’s had four patches for seasons and still bugs remain but bugs to this day still remain for Get To Work which I’m sorry after four years is unacceptable. I am one of the luckier ones as my game runs fine in spite of the bugs. I play all four sims games and the sims 4 is the buggiest of the lot.

I think that was my initial point as well. I for sure had worse bugs on my old underpowered laptop that couldn’t play sims 3 at all. But I do still have them on a very powerful gaming rig, not as severe by any means but they are still there. I just got accustomed to them I guess on my older laptop and unless they are glaring they don’t really bother me. I will say I made an effort to play 3 recently on my new desktop and just couldn’t. It wasn’t the game itself but the fact that it still loaded really slow and had massive lag on a brand new computer. Sims 4 may have more general bugs, but they can be fixed. Sims 3 had a severe core problem that affected most players causing unimaginable lag and slow downs. Sims 4 bugs are being fixed more now though than in the beginning. I am actually seeing GTW bugs from years ago being fixed in patch notes. I think their team is bigger and better now. I may be wrong but I don’t think we will have to wait as long with seasons bugs. We have better communication with them than ever so to me that says something. I will say I do think they have a hard time reproducing a lot of bugs because they play so differently to us when testing the game. So I give them a little benefit of the doubt there as far as time goes (I think I’m one of the only ones though, I’ve gotten yelled at for defending them before). I do wish they’d be more insightful on what was being worked on and what they weren’t worried about fixing. I know they can’t fix it all so it be nice to know what they weren’t going to fix. I’m sure I’m not alone with this.
    That’s a bold statement? “Most players”? You have a source for that? “Unimaginable lag and slow downs”? Why have I never ever seen any lag in my game? Like, not at all? They absolutely left Sims 3 with bugs that were never taken care of, but it seems like they’ve just continued that habit. Nothing has changed. Don’t get me wrong, I fully appreciate Sims 3 is demanding and temperamental for people with low end computers or people who prefer to play with lots of CC, Sims 3 isn’t very CC friendly. But to use that as an excuse for Sims 4 issues and problems is something else. And to state it was like this for “most” players is unfounded.

Um okay....this was a little rude and unnecessary. I never said it was an excuse for sims 4 having issues, I was just pointing out the sims 3 had issues that cannot be fixed which is not the case for the sims 4. And I am so glad you do not have issues on the sims 3 but I do. I have used five different computers for sims 3 over the years and all of them had lag. My brand new gaming computer has lag with the base game, which is ridiculous. Also I played it for a long time on a decent gaming laptop, so please save your it was only low end computers argument. Plenty of simmers had issues on very high end gaming rigs, just like with simulation lag now.

I also say most players because it seemed to be a common issue according to players on here with the game. Just because it did not happen to you does not mean it was not most players nor does it mean it was not an issue. It seemed to be a massive issue when the game was still being made. Maybe it was not most players, but it certainly seemed to be the case from what I saw. You do not have to attack me because you do not have issues. That was not even what most of my post was about and again I never said it was an excuse for sims 4 having issues. I am baffled to how you even go that. But then again, I am baffled that someone could get so irritated at a simple post about my experiences with a video game.
    Not sure what you consider rude? Unless ‘bold’ means something different than I meant? Saying ‘most’ players as if that’s a fact is bold isn’t it? Meaning ‘daring’? I mean, what’s ‘most’? 90%? 80? How do you know? Most Sims 3 players I know never considered the game ‘unimaginably, massively laggy’. And if my reply was unnecessary is up to me I think, I don’t think it was, otherwise I wouldn’t have posted it.

This topic is called “So fed up with bugs and glitches”. Downplaying that feeling (‘they can be fixed’) and then in the same breath mentioning Sims 3 had ‘a severe core problem’ as if that’s supposed to be an extra comfort for the people being fed up with bugs in Sims 4 (presuming for a moment for argument’s sake it’s true) is excusing the issue. “Hey, it’s bad but don’t complain, it was worse in the past.” Even if it were, so what? Apart from the fact that this is completely off topic because this topic is about bugs, not performance. And in no way related to people being fed up with Sims 4 bugs and glitches.

I played Sims 3 on three computers. An old one that caused stuttering after a few EP’s so I bought a new one. That one ran the game smoothly, sorry but it did. Then I bought Sims 4 and my computer couldn’t run that game so I bought a new computer and TS3 runs smoothly on that one as well, the only difference is that I get more sims on community lots now plus loading the game doesn’t take 11 minutes anymore but 4. Lag? Never, not even on the first computer. Freezing? Yep, in some worlds, caused by routing issues. Must add I played the game vanilla for years and still don’t use much CC. When you play the game on a decent computer with a decent amount of mods and CC, performance is fine. But again, this topic is about bugs, not performance. And it’s about Sims 4, not Sims 3.

I had 2 pcs each for Sims 1 and 2, 4 pcs for Sims 3 (I would have had 3 but lost one when my power back up system got hit by lightning and did not protect my computer - but the company I had that backup system from paid for that replacement) and so far for Sims 4 I'm on pc 2. I was hoping to upgrade my 8 core processor to a higher version, and I was looking into the next video card coming out soon - but got diagnosed with Cancer again just recently - so upgrades not a priority for sure. In prospective suddenly the pc doesn't really matter.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    We have two high end gaming rigs in the house. Both are overkill for the sims and aren’t built with the sims specifically in mind but for other more demanding games. I don’t have a lot of bugs but I do have some. I get occasional Simulation lag when you ask a sim to do something, high chair bugs, pets clogging up the queue despite them fixing it bugs, teleporting bugs, sims wearing silly outfits to festivals bugs, the calender bug where sims go to school and then come home early or late. My niece has the game on console and even on the PS4 Pro I see the same pc bugs pop up there.

None of which is the fault of any pc we own. It’s the game. Both games are unmodded and have no cc. This is a game so buggy it gets monthly bug fixes, this is a game so buggy it’s had four patches for seasons and still bugs remain but bugs to this day still remain for Get To Work which I’m sorry after four years is unacceptable. I am one of the luckier ones as my game runs fine in spite of the bugs. I play all four sims games and the sims 4 is the buggiest of the lot.

I think that was my initial point as well. I for sure had worse bugs on my old underpowered laptop that couldn’t play sims 3 at all. But I do still have them on a very powerful gaming rig, not as severe by any means but they are still there. I just got accustomed to them I guess on my older laptop and unless they are glaring they don’t really bother me. I will say I made an effort to play 3 recently on my new desktop and just couldn’t. It wasn’t the game itself but the fact that it still loaded really slow and had massive lag on a brand new computer. Sims 4 may have more general bugs, but they can be fixed. Sims 3 had a severe core problem that affected most players causing unimaginable lag and slow downs. Sims 4 bugs are being fixed more now though than in the beginning. I am actually seeing GTW bugs from years ago being fixed in patch notes. I think their team is bigger and better now. I may be wrong but I don’t think we will have to wait as long with seasons bugs. We have better communication with them than ever so to me that says something. I will say I do think they have a hard time reproducing a lot of bugs because they play so differently to us when testing the game. So I give them a little benefit of the doubt there as far as time goes (I think I’m one of the only ones though, I’ve gotten yelled at for defending them before). I do wish they’d be more insightful on what was being worked on and what they weren’t worried about fixing. I know they can’t fix it all so it be nice to know what they weren’t going to fix. I’m sure I’m not alone with this.
    That’s a bold statement? “Most players”? You have a source for that? “Unimaginable lag and slow downs”? Why have I never ever seen any lag in my game? Like, not at all? They absolutely left Sims 3 with bugs that were never taken care of, but it seems like they’ve just continued that habit. Nothing has changed. Don’t get me wrong, I fully appreciate Sims 3 is demanding and temperamental for people with low end computers or people who prefer to play with lots of CC, Sims 3 isn’t very CC friendly. But to use that as an excuse for Sims 4 issues and problems is something else. And to state it was like this for “most” players is unfounded.

Um okay....this was a little rude and unnecessary. I never said it was an excuse for sims 4 having issues, I was just pointing out the sims 3 had issues that cannot be fixed which is not the case for the sims 4. And I am so glad you do not have issues on the sims 3 but I do. I have used five different computers for sims 3 over the years and all of them had lag. My brand new gaming computer has lag with the base game, which is ridiculous. Also I played it for a long time on a decent gaming laptop, so please save your it was only low end computers argument. Plenty of simmers had issues on very high end gaming rigs, just like with simulation lag now.

I also say most players because it seemed to be a common issue according to players on here with the game. Just because it did not happen to you does not mean it was not most players nor does it mean it was not an issue. It seemed to be a massive issue when the game was still being made. Maybe it was not most players, but it certainly seemed to be the case from what I saw. You do not have to attack me because you do not have issues. That was not even what most of my post was about and again I never said it was an excuse for sims 4 having issues. I am baffled to how you even go that. But then again, I am baffled that someone could get so irritated at a simple post about my experiences with a video game.
    Not sure what you consider rude? Unless ‘bold’ means something different than I meant? Saying ‘most’ players as if that’s a fact is bold isn’t it? Meaning ‘daring’? I mean, what’s ‘most’? 90%? 80? How do you know? Most Sims 3 players I know never considered the game ‘unimaginably, massively laggy’. And if my reply was unnecessary is up to me I think, I don’t think it was, otherwise I wouldn’t have posted it.

This topic is called “So fed up with bugs and glitches”. Downplaying that feeling (‘they can be fixed’) and then in the same breath mentioning Sims 3 had ‘a severe core problem’ as if that’s supposed to be an extra comfort for the people being fed up with bugs in Sims 4 (presuming for a moment for argument’s sake it’s true) is excusing the issue. “Hey, it’s bad but don’t complain, it was worse in the past.” Even if it were, so what? Apart from the fact that this is completely off topic because this topic is about bugs, not performance. And in no way related to people being fed up with Sims 4 bugs and glitches.

I played Sims 3 on three computers. An old one that caused stuttering after a few EP’s so I bought a new one. That one ran the game smoothly, sorry but it did. Then I bought Sims 4 and my computer couldn’t run that game so I bought a new computer and TS3 runs smoothly on that one as well, the only difference is that I get more sims on community lots now plus loading the game doesn’t take 11 minutes anymore but 4. Lag? Never, not even on the first computer. Freezing? Yep, in some worlds, caused by routing issues. Must add I played the game vanilla for years and still don’t use much CC. When you play the game on a decent computer with a decent amount of mods and CC, performance is fine. But again, this topic is about bugs, not performance. And it’s about Sims 4, not Sims 3.

I’m not the one changing the topic you are. I literally had one line about sims 3 in my first post and you freaked out on me about it and acted like I was personally attacking you. Your the one making this about sims 3. So please don’t put that on me I barely brought it up. And I don’t care if you had issues or not with sims 3. I did and I’ve seen many reports of others who did. I paid close attention back in the sims 3 years and saw so many upset post about lag and issues. And I fixed sims 3 on my current computer with a mod, ridiculous I had to do that but I do want to try the game again. But that shouldn’t be necessary on a very nice gaming desktop. But as you said this isn’t about sims 3, I was just responding to you.

Also I am not nor did I ever down play sims 4 and it’s bugs. You are completely misinterpreting my post and getting mad about something not worth getting mad about. I am not saying be happy because sims 3 was worse. I am making a point that at least it is bugs and at least they can fix them (Perfomance problems aren’t fixable). Sims 3 did have core issues and I am not the only one by far (from what I’ve read on here and other places) who believes that. Great that you are super happy with sims 3 and how it works for you, I’m glad you can easily enjoy it. I’m also not saying you have to be happy with the current state of sims 4. It irritates me as well. I just am happy that it can be fixed. I am just saying there is hope. I am trying to be optimistic here because that’s who I am. This communication between us and the gurus is better than ever. That gives me hope for fixes. That gives me hope for the sims 4 overall.

I want to make the point off topic real quick that I was one of sims 3s biggest defenders. I was one who believed that the lag could be fixed and tried to help keep that optimism alive when it was becoming a bigger issue. But it’s hard to love a game that basically broke your gaming/college laptop and overheated it when that shouldn’t have benI possible. Sims 4 hasn’t done that yet so I still have optimism for it plus I do actually enjoy it.

I know I won’t change your mind and we will just have to disagree here. I’m sorry I said many, it was just what I saw and have seen over the years. It was a generalization about that game that may or may not be true. I never meant to make anyone mad. I never meant to cause a problem. I wasn’t really even making a point about that. My entire point was that I don’t fully notice bugs in sims 4 because I’m used them and that part you bolded was a tiny snippet. I wasn’t saying that bugs aren’t there, that they aren’t a problem and I wasn’t trying to compare them to sims 3 and act like people shouldn’t be bothered by them. I was not trying to make anyone change the topic towards Sims 3 either. But I’m not apologizing for having hope. It didn’t get me much last time but it keeps me happy with the game. I don’t think staying positive in times like this is a bad thing. And I really hope we get a lot of fixes soon.
    I didn’t freak out nor am I mad, I just wanted to know on what you are basing “most players”. You are the one freaking out for some reason about that. Yeah, it was one sentence, a sentence often used as an argument (Sims 4, Sims 4, Sims 4, Sims 3 was an unplayable mess and everybody thinks so, Sims 4 is not so bad, Sims 4, Sims 4). Funny detail, your performance remark was adressing a post (by MidnightAura) where she said “None of which is the fault of any pc we own. It’s the game. This is a game so buggy it gets monthly bug fixes, this is a game so buggy it’s had four patches for seasons and still bugs remain but bugs to this day still remain for Get To Work which I’m sorry after four years is unacceptable.” Purely referring to Sims 4. In reaction to your post (the one I reacted to as well) saying: I'm sorry you are still having issues with the sims 3. That is not my experience, when I upgraded my pc (its now been upgraded twice) I cannot complain, performance wise it is really good and I don't have lag. I appreciate not everyone is that lucky.

Don’t tell me I was the one bringing up Sims 3, you definitely were. On a personal note (and on topic): so far I haven’t experienced bugs in Sims 4 myself actually, probably because I don’t have many packs (and I don’t play that often). Which makes me wonder if all this DLC people are craving and EA is promising ‘for years to come’ is a very good idea at this point. Which is why I don’t share your hope personally, because there is no reason to believe things will change in this respect as long as they continue building upon the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I had 2 pcs each for Sims 1 and 2, 4 pcs for Sims 3 (I would have had 3 but lost one when my power back up system got hit by lightning and did not protect my computer - but the company I had that backup system from paid for that replacement) and so far for Sims 4 I'm on pc 2. I was hoping to upgrade my 8 core processor to a higher version, and I was looking into the next video card coming out soon - but got diagnosed with Cancer again just recently - so upgrades not a priority for sure. In prospective suddenly the pc doesn't really matter.
    Oh Reg, that’s so awful!! I’m really very sorry about that and indeed, it puts things in perspective in a very sad way. I wish you strength.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m so sorry to hear that @Writin_Reg.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

I'm sorry to hear this. All my best to you.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Thank you all.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I'm sorry to hear this. All my best to you.

I’m sorry to find out about this as well. :cry: My greatest sympathies. :heart:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Thank you Bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸. Feeling fearful, that's not who I am. - more tests in the hospital today - definitely not one I looked forward to. They never put me to sleep due to other issues - so dreading today. Hope it goes better then the one last Thursday. I don't do fearful well at all. My family thinks I'm the bravest person of all. I've always been the strong one in everything. Not feeling it today. Big SIGH....

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Thank you Bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸. Feeling fearful, that's not who I am. - more tests in the hospital today - definitely not one I looked forward to. They never put me to sleep due to other issues - so dreading today. Hope it goes better then the one last Thursday. I don't do fearful well at all. My family thinks I'm the bravest person of all. I've always been the strong one in everything. Not feeling it today. Big SIGH....

So sorry to hear you are going through this. Good luck to you.
  • Options
    catitude5 wrote: »

So sorry to hear you are going through this. Good luck to you.

Thank you. Appreciate all the great thought from all of you.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    Just noticed that my Sims would wear inappropriate clothing when I have them jog with pets. This happens a lot on winter days - they choose one (out of the 5 I've given them) that leaves them cold & freezing, so I have to click on them again and choose a more suited winter-y jogging attire.
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • Options
    JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2018
    I keep hearing people talking about the bugs as if the Sims 3 didn’t have bugs.

In reality though, do they have the budget to fix all the bugs in the Sims 4?

Is it even a possibility, I mean there are ALOT of bugs.
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    i dont play with any mods or CC and will start a new save file with each and every EP thats released. some of the bugs mentioned i get and others i mustnt be noticing. for the most part, for me at least, i find them tolerable and of minor inconvenience. my PC is about 4 years old and is going alright as i can play sims4 on reasonably high settings with no noticeable routing/lag issues even tho its not a 'gaming rig'.

i dont use MOO either and as someone else mentioned anything in the gallery saying to use it is ignored. this wasnt due to knowing it causes glitches but moreso from a point of trying to avoid cheats unless i have to. now knowing it can break things is an added bonus to not using it

one glitch i found that was game breaking for me was the 'cant save/enter BB due to aging up'. through many google searches no answer could be found. for me i got it shortly after CL was released but my searches indicated it was years old. i worked out myself it was due to the maid after i was forced to close the game without a save. from then on in my houses do not have a maid and i am very skeptical of hiring staff.

i might let my husband build a gaming rig for my next PC, but since this one goes alright a sims 5 may be released before that ever happens, so itd be nice to see how all sims1-4 goes on a top of the line PC.
  • Options
    Voldarian_EmpireVoldarian_Empire Posts: 134 Member
    [quote="sazzieJ;c-16734406"]i dont play with any mods or CC and will start a new save file with each and every EP thats released. some of the bugs mentioned i get and others i mustnt be noticing. for the most part, for me at least, i find them tolerable and of minor inconvenience. my PC is about 4 years old and is going alright as i can play sims4 on reasonably high settings with no noticeable routing/lag issues even tho its not a 'gaming rig'.

i dont use MOO either and as someone else mentioned anything in the gallery saying to use it is ignored. this wasnt due to knowing it causes glitches but moreso from a point of trying to avoid cheats unless i have to. now knowing it can break things is an added bonus to not using it

one glitch i found that was game breaking for me was the 'cant save/enter BB due to aging up'. through many google searches no answer could be found. for me i got it shortly after CL was released but my searches indicated it was years old. i worked out myself it was due to the maid after i was forced to close the game without a save. from then on in my houses do not have a maid and i am very skeptical of hiring staff.

i might let my husband build a gaming rig for my next PC, but since this one goes alright a sims 5 may be released before that ever happens, so itd be nice to see how all sims1-4 goes on a top of the line PC.[/quote]

I'm in a similar boat, my laptop auto selected ultra graphic settings and runs quite smooth on ts4....3 was far more glitchy for me than 4 has ever been and the only glitch I have seen, like you, is the aging up glitch

I have found that mostly I get this glitch when I skip my sims birthdays and they age up on their own...if I throw a party and blow candles out at a cake I haven't had it occur and I've had as many as 4 sims age up at the same party this way
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Jaysims wrote: »

Of course TS3 had bugs and I don't even want to start a discussion about which game has more bugs, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter if previous games had bugs as well - Bugs are not a feature and should be fixed. Just because TS3 had bugs doesn't mean we should accept them in TS4.
    And if they don't have the budget to fix bugs in one of their most successful games then that's just beyond sad. I mean there IS budget for talking toilets and to send rodents to space. Maybe someone should check their budget then. Just adding more content without fixing previous problems will just make it worse :/
  • Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    sazzieJ wrote: »
    i dont play with any mods or CC and will start a new save file with each and every EP thats released. some of the bugs mentioned i get and others i mustnt be noticing. for the most part, for me at least, i find them tolerable and of minor inconvenience. my PC is about 4 years old and is going alright as i can play sims4 on reasonably high settings with no noticeable routing/lag issues even tho its not a 'gaming rig'.

i might let my husband build a gaming rig for my next PC, but since this one goes alright a sims 5 may be released before that ever happens, so itd be nice to see how all sims1-4 goes on a top of the line PC.

I'm in a similar boat, my laptop auto selected ultra graphic settings and runs quite smooth on ts4....3 was far more glitchy for me than 4 has ever been and the only glitch I have seen, like you, is the aging up glitch

I have found that mostly I get this glitch when I skip my sims birthdays and they age up on their own...if I throw a party and blow candles out at a cake I haven't had it occur and I've had as many as 4 sims age up at the same party this way

i see. maybe i will allow a maid to test it, and be super vigilant, as i dont recall if a birthday was missed around the same instance. from other games ive learnt to save so often it seems i save more than play so i could do that and wouldnt lose much if the glitch appears but cheers for that. its something to keep an eye out for
  • Options
    pwilliams642pwilliams642 Posts: 190 Member
    lol.

So what frustrated me in TS3 was that my game crashes all the time, that's why I never even thought of downloaded any mods and/or CC. But that's fine because honestly, TS3 can be played without CC or mods. It just crashes ever so often. Now TS4 I don't crash that much, but man it's jam packed with bugs and glitches.

A quick history of my Sims 4 experience, I got the game when it launched, got bored after a few weeks, stopped playing for 2 or 3 years and then just got back a few months ago. Now, I have all the EP/GP/SP, and boy this game has been plagued with bugs and glitches that neither Maxis nor EA cares about. Because it seems to me from reading through The Sims's, EA's and reddit's forums, these bugs and glitches have been known and reported by multiple players and yet they still are occurring. Yes, I have played this game without CC or mods at all, and I still have experienced these bugs. So I no, I will not disable my CC or mods, just so to test if a CC or mod is causing the issue. This game is unplayable without CC or mod, let's face it TS4 is plum without 3rd party resources. And no, it's not my PC, I play other games as well, I don't experience them or if they do, and the game's company has a fix, they are fixed.

GTW professions are bugged, unless if they programmed to have the nurses and staff on the medicine career to just endlessly with each other or to patients? Is that what these NPCs are suppose to do, sim gurus? Or that the clues in the detective career, not match who the suspect is? Or that you cannot complete the 2nd level of the Music Aspiration, the only "fix" for that is a cheat. (That fix actually made me laugh, like plum??!?? Your fix is a cheat?!?! Are you sh*tting me right now?) What got me irked today though, is when I go to the spa I built for San Myshuno and take a yoga class, everyone is in a static form, while the time keeps running. I logged off game, and tried it again-- again, my sim and everyone else freezes!!!

I'm done. I have reported several of these bugs and glitches as well, but honestly, what's the point, if these have been reported before by several people, I do not understand why they have not been addressed yet?! It's been 2 years since GTW launched, and you still have the same issues. This game is a JOKE!!! A complete JOKE!!! Don't ever tell me to lower down the settings on my game, my PC is fine, I play max settings on my MMO games and other RPG, and I have no problems whatsoever, not only that my PC may not be alienware, but I know for a fact, that my specs exceeds your minimum requirements. If this joke of a developer (Maxis) and company (EA) was really wanted to fix these bugs and glitches they would have done this a long time ago, but well... I guess they do not have any intentions of fixing their broken game. They just want to hype it, stream it and avoid the bugs and glitches that come along with it, and then screw everyone after people buy their plum.

And yeah, I know I have been brutal in this thread. I'm frustrated because I want to love TS4, but I can't. For one, it's already a boring game, empty plum. If you add the bugs and glitches, it makes the game unplayable. So after that freezing glitch I got, I closed my game, and will be playing another game instead. I may just uninstall Origin from my system, it's a waste of digital space in my PC if I can't play TS4. I don't want to waste my money anymore on this god forsaken game.

Just a thought, how is it that TS2, that was on a game engine some 10 years ago (?), able to have a complete game at launch (with toddlers, 3 premade worlds (neighborhoods) and a long list of other worlds you can readily customize and add to your already existing worlds or start from scratch with those, world/neighborhood maps that aren't 2D, etc) and with very few bugs and glitches (if they were I remember they were fixed after a new patch/expansion pack was released)? And yet TS4, on a modern tech, have bugs and glitches galore, without any fix at all-- I swear, it feels like if they fix one thing, they break another. I think it's time to give up The Sims game. It was fun being a part and a fan of the game. But when developers like Maxis and companies like EA turn a good game and plum on it, it's not even worth it anymore. I feel sorry for Will Wright, his vision for The Sims was amazing. Time to move along (again), I guess. See you simmers. Enjoy your game-- IF you can.

PS: I posted this under Discussion, because I am not reporting a bug or a glitch, I am ranting about why they aren't being addressed.

Now you know why I didn't bother buying '4'.
    '3' was a exceptional game but could have been brilliant if EA had been more thorough in in-house testing.
    each update appeared to cause an many bugs as it cured.
    it looked to me that rather than continue correcting the in-built errors, EA cut their losses, wiped their hands and tried again with '4'
  • Options
    edited September 2018

For many of us Sims 3 is nearly perfect - same as Sims 2 and 4. Sorry that is not your experience - and believe me Sims 3 was very much tested. You have no idea. I tested some of Sims 3 for Maxis.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Amistri2016Amistri2016 Posts: 65 Member
    I don't want to write another long list of bugs because there are just to many. What I will do is say the one that bothers me the most since there are posts about it dating back to 2014. WHY CAN'T WE BUY UPGRADE PARTS ON THE COMPUTERS ANY LONGER? I don't want to hear that it has to do per save or I have to sell my computers & replace them. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. I have this issue on a brand new game even with the Handiness skill being at lvl 8!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I don't want to write another long list of bugs because there are just to many. What I will do is say the one that bothers me the most since there are posts about it dating back to 2014. WHY CAN'T WE BUY UPGRADE PARTS ON THE COMPUTERS ANY LONGER? I don't want to hear that it has to do per save or I have to sell my computers & replace them. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. I have this issue on a brand new game even with the Handiness skill being at lvl 8!

I have not had a problem in game ever upgrading a pc - so I have no idea. I tell my sim to upgrade something or other and they just do it. Now and then they mess up and they have to fix it again but I've never had anything say I was missing a part or anything. So I have no idea to be honest.

I think the devs ought to make the sims a parts store in the game maybe.

I did have robot part issues in parts in sims 3 because you had to make some of them - but so far no issues with parts in this game.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

TS3 has a lot of bugs, but at the same rate, it has eleven, giant EPs. I can't even remember how many stuff packs, and millions of DLC pieces and sets. How many worlds? and also, store worlds, but TS4 is much, much smaller, and it is getting to be as bad as a game that big with a zillion possiblities to have issues or a bug, with a handful of EPs and a few GPs and three base game worlds/semi closed or might as well say closed worlds. I can see where TS3 could have more bugs, but TS4 isn't that far behind in the bug department.
  • Options

You do? I rather think the fact Sims 3 was riddled with bugs and glitches doesn’t help solving the bugs Sims 4 has at all. Would be nice if they would but they don’t. And I can imagine people are disappointed history seems to repeat itself.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    As far as the title of this thread, I was so fed up with TS4 bugs I actually uninstalled it and Origin last July or Aug. 2017. I don't keep aggravating myself. I don't beg a company to please fix their buggy problems. I close my purse. :D And if their reputation is going down, it's not my fault since I reported and asked nicely quite a few times.
  • Options

Maybe they removed that when they removed some cheats? Maybe it's by design? They do a lot of stuff they never put in patch notes. There was a cheat to get the parts in buydebug, wonder if they removed that cheat when they removed a bunch.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2018
    Cinebar wrote: »

TS3 has a lot of bugs, but at the same rate, it has eleven, giant EPs. I can't even remember how many stuff packs, and millions of DLC pieces and sets. How many worlds? and also, store worlds, but TS4 is much, much smaller, and it is getting to be as bad as a game that big with a zillion possiblities to have issues or a bug, with a handful of EPs and a few GPs and three base game worlds/semi closed or might as well say closed worlds. I can see where TS3 could have more bugs, but TS4 isn't that far behind in the bug department.

I see where you coming from and looking at the steps EA/Maxis took to avoid the problems that Sims 3 supposely had by removing features that bogged down Sims 3, it was expected that Sims 4 will have a few bugs but that is false looking at all the complaints. when and if Sims 5 comes about I hope they do not cut deeper than they did with Sims 4. I guess after Sims 4 was released I am not as excited as I used to be and Whoop whoopie do if they release Sims 5.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen