Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townie Sim about to die when first played?

Anyone ever decide to play a Townie Sim and they're just about to die when you enter the lot they're on?

11-26-17_2-58-27_PM.png

I decided to play Brindleton Bay's Catarina Lynx (aka cat-lady) to test a couple things. When I first entered her home lot her plumbob was bright red, as the pic above shows; when I checked her needs she was "Ravenous." Within a minute or two she was dead, didn't even have time to have her get a quick meal.

I'd never played her before so was wondering if this was something that happens from time to time or if it was a bug. Thanks for your input! :smile:

Comments

• Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Lol I’ve never had that happen but I don’t play townies I play within the same household that I started out with each generation. Sometimes I open up other households to see their family tree but that’s it and when I do that doesn’t happen, not all of their needs are full either. I think that she just wasn’t taking care of herself.
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've actually been noticing this on all the unplayed sims that i have gone to play for one reason or another (making them lead a club, change jobs, whatever). except for the vampires, virtually every one has been within an hour or two of starving to death. i'd pause and instantly cheat their needs up. it's definitely a thing that's only started within the past month. and, when swapping between played households, even after ingame weeks, their needs are mostly yellow at worst, so they're treated differently when flagged that way...
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Maybe @Lex2221. I normally don't play townies either but am using her to do a 50/50 of my cc/mods. Just found it strange she was close to dying; and what may have been sadder is the only witnesses were her four cats, a couple strays & a food stall vender.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    No, I have not had this happen, but then again I don't play premades, unless I'm playing Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. However, that being said, I began that challenge just after Pinstar posted his Sims 4 version of the rules. This was before we had the age of the Sim included whenever we clicked on an Townie. My Founder had been attracted to one Sim, but before I had him take their relationship to the next step, his head was turned by another Sim who came sauntering along. Turns out, she really sparked something in him. He was taken. Can you say 'love at first sight'? I had him marry the second gal. Within moments of saying their vows, while I was busy tending to their wedding guests, suddenly, she aged into an Elder. I could not believe my eyes! Bad news, for a Legacy. He needed biological children to pass on said legacy. What a nightmare.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/