Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do certain expansions and/or patches fix the "Smooth Edges" option?

WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
When I installed all of my expansion packs on this computer, up to Seasons, and installed all of the patches, I noticed that the smooth edges option was greyed out, for some reason.

I recently bought Bon Voyage and installed it. Now suddenly I can use smooth edges again. And there's a new option, "Force 12 hr Clock", which makes no sense to me. It's unchecked, but the clock in The Sims 2 has always been 12 hours (which is how I like it).

Comments

• Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Iirc, the "smooth edges" is something that has to do with your graphics card and the game recognizing it. A newer EP, such as Bon Voyage, could have recognized that the card was powerful enough to allow smooth edges.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    When I installed all of my expansion packs on this computer, up to Seasons, and installed all of the patches, I noticed that the smooth edges option was greyed out, for some reason.

I recently bought Bon Voyage and installed it. Now suddenly I can use smooth edges again. And there's a new option, "Force 12 hr Clock", which makes no sense to me. It's unchecked, but the clock in The Sims 2 has always been 12 hours (which is how I like it).

The 12 hour clock has got to do with different clock notations in different countries. Some countries have times before noon end on am and after noon on pm, while other countries keep on counting on after noon, and 1pm becomes 13:00, 2pm becomes 14:00, up to 23:00 which is 11pm.
    Banner.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The Sims 2 used to use the Easy Info Tool up until a later EP and it might have been Bon Voyage I don't remember. This tool is what told the game to rate your video card and processor as good enough or too low to see certain graphic options. To the best of my memory this all changed in a later EP and they stoped activating this tool when the game started up. You could always see it running in background in Task Manager even with the Seasons EP and I think it was deactivated in Bon Voyage, and if you run TS2UC you won't see this tool running in back ground anymore in Task Manager. You could click on the information it listed and see how it rated your card and processors. The removal of this tool and rating systems differently after Seasons may have been the reason you can see those options now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.