Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Training Cats

I have 2 adult Russian Blue cats and they are continuously jumping either up on the table or the counter. I lecture them and I get the message that they learned not to jump on counters, however, they continue to jump up on the table and counters, even up on the refrig. I lecture them again, and again I get the message that they have learned not to jump up on the counters, and guess what..up they go again. Either this is a bug, I am a bad trainer or my cats are dense. This happen to anyone else? TY

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Cats are our lords and masters :lol: they do what they want.

Seriously tho, there are some bugs hanging around but in RL cats do as they please so it could just be true to form.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I think it's a bug. I've trained my dog and my cat not to wake Sims, but they both still do it every night. If this is by design, I'll be plum. Cause don't give me the ability, or the popup, if I can't train them not to do something.
  • Options
    bonobas13bonobas13 Posts: 38 Member
    I think, that the cats have a spoiled trait, they do not learn what they are told...
  • Options
    PaulaJediPaulaJedi Posts: 36 Member
    Sorry, I cannot create new threads here. After the last update, I no longer am able to train behavior out of cats. It no longer shows up.
    Also these no longer show up: Encourage cat to mate with and Become a Companion. My sim has top friendship with the cat and can no longer fulfill his lifetime wish because these options don't show up. Also, people have mentioned a butler. I can hire a recurring a maid, but I NEVER had the option of hiring a butler under Hire Services. So, I have missing features.
  • Options
    > @PaulaJedi said:
    > Sorry, I cannot create new threads here. After the last update, I no longer am able to train behavior out of cats. It no longer shows up.
    > Also these no longer show up: Encourage cat to mate with and Become a Companion. My sim has top friendship with the cat and can no longer fulfill his lifetime wish because these options don't show up. Also, people have mentioned a butler. I can hire a recurring a maid, but I NEVER had the option of hiring a butler under Hire Services. So, I have missing features.

Do you have any mods in game?
  • Options
    No mods. I have some CC from Sims Resource. Oh, I can no longer train behavior out of cats, either. Just figured out that the Butler comes from an expansion pack, though. I just ran a Repair on the game but it didn't help. The cache was empty.
  • Options
    Hmm,... I think cats$dogs have more bugs than we expect... :(
  • Options
    I do remember -- I had to remove custom furniture/objects/walls/floors I downloaded from Sims Resource in order for Pets to work properly. All I have left are the skins, hair, and clothing. I suppose I could try to remove those and see if the cat options come back...
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I have 2 adult Russian Blue cats and they are continuously jumping either up on the table or the counter. I lecture them and I get the message that they learned not to jump on counters, however, they continue to jump up on the table and counters, even up on the refrig. I lecture them again, and again I get the message that they have learned not to jump up on the counters, and guess what..up they go again. Either this is a bug, I am a bad trainer or my cats are dense. This happen to anyone else? TY

I'm not certain the table counts as a counter. I do not get the option to lecture when they jump on the table. I'm not certain the fridge would count either as it's not a counter.