Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 logic vs real life

Comments

• Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Once reaching a certain skill level ...
    You routinely carry around enough explosives/detonator to blow up the statue in front of city hall.

@BlackSand I had no idea you can do that! I gotta try that!... In the game of course. B)
    What skill is that?
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited December 2017
    @BlackSand I had no idea you can do that! I gotta try that!... In the game of course. B)
    What skill is that?

Inventing ... You have to be level 6 or 7 before you can detonate stuff (start blowing things up).
    It leaves a mess and scrap ... Most people will run far enough away as to not get hurt.

You also can roll the wish to detonate an appliance instead of repairing it when it breaks.
    It is not always a good idea to blow up the stereo in the living room.

Edit:
    If anyone asks you ... You didn't hear it from me ... o:)

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    BlackSand wrote: »
    Once reaching a certain skill level ...
    You routinely carry around enough explosives/detonator to blow up the statue in front of city hall.

What skill is that?

If you have Ambitions, you can detonate once you reach Level 6 in Inventing. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2017
    The annoying detonate menu pops up every time you click on an object if you have a skilled inventor. I actually detonated a car once - it was sitting on the street and hadn't moved for ages so I blew it up and problem solved.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited December 2017
    Karritz wrote: »
    The annoying detonate menu pops up every time you click on an object if you have a skilled inventor. I actually detonated a car once - it was sitting on the street and hadn't moved for ages so I blew it up and problem solved.

Once, one of my sims detonated a junk pile at the junkyard. Unfortunately, her car, which was sitting in the parking lot of the junkyard, was also blown up. The value of all of the scrap she collected that day was about half of what it cost to replace her car. After that, I made sure her car was in her personal inventory, or back on her home lot, before I would let her detonate any more junk piles. I also put a public shower in the junkyard, for all the times she got burned detonating junk piles.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    It only takes consent on both sides and an exchange of rings to get legally married.

No less legit than jumping the broom ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2017

When you are over at the Vanderburg house for a nice party,
    And Emmaline Rhoen goes off on you for no reason ...

38798244362_3ec232b8e6_b.jpg

Then you seriously consider breaking that skinny, grumpy girl's
    arms off and using them for veggie stakes in your garden ...

37942723455_0d25744d34_b.jpg

But you just grab your phone and make her your best friend instead ... <3

38798246852_a4612fe844_b.jpg

• Options
    Jed_Bartlet_02Jed_Bartlet_02 Posts: 425 Member
    You're having a nice, friendly chat with your spouse/friend/relative when all of a sudden said spouse/friend/relative berates you for being ignorant. (Huh? What'd I say?)

You're hungry and have a plate of food in your hands then you put it on the floor and moan that you're hungry.

You hardly notice when a spacecraft lands on your property and an alien emerges. (Happens every day!)

You invite people to a party, they show up, walk toward the front door, then turn around and leave. (Others start yawning with boredom the second they arrive)

Ghosts are put off by the sight of other ghosts.

You're invited to spend the night but come 3:00 am, you're out the door!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    You're having a nice, friendly chat with your spouse/friend/relative when all of a sudden said spouse/friend/relative berates you for being ignorant. (Huh? What'd I say?)

You're hungry and have a plate of food in your hands then you put it on the floor and moan that you're hungry.

You hardly notice when a spacecraft lands on your property and an alien emerges. (Happens every day!)

You invite people to a party, they show up, walk toward the front door, then turn around and leave. (Others start yawning with boredom the second they arrive)

Ghosts are put off by the sight of other ghosts.

You're invited to spend the night but come 3:00 am, you're out the door!
    As for the spending the night issue: your sim has to ask if they can stay the night. When the answer is yes, you can stay there till the following day. Want to spend another night? Ask again. My homeless sim survived harsh winters that way ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I've seen cooking mentioned a few times prior, but not this one. Fanning your hand back and forth really fast over the frying pan you are using will reduce the chance of the food burning. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    If there is a fire, you have to stand as close as possible to it and freak out. Unless you are brave or a witch, then you are allowed to extinguish it.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    And when your wife gets into labour, you support her by jumping up and down and screaming your lungs out. When you’re on a public lot you make a group activity out of this.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 - I totally lost it at "group activity"! :D

Speaking of pregnancy, the appropriate reaction to the news, that your partner (or anyone else) is pregnant, is a "thumbs up"!

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Your Sims can get better results (lifetime reward points) drinking high priced nectar than completing their lifetime dream (lifetime wish).
    Meh ... Plum it, let's get liquored up instead of chasing dreams ... >:)

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Speaking of pregnancy, the appropriate reaction to the news, that your partner (or anyone else) is pregnant, is a "thumbs up"!
    I've never seen this in my own game, it might be trait-related, but some have reported that there is apparently a chance that the partner or another adult in the house will react to the news of a pregnancy by fainting.

(Edited for clarity)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    igazor wrote: »
    I've never seen this in my own game, it might be trait-related. But some have reported that there is apparently a chance that the partner or another adult in the house will react to the news of a pregnancy by fainting.
    Ooh, I regret that’s not in there as an occasional option, that’s hilarious :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited December 2017
    I've never seen this in my own game, it might be trait-related. But some have reported that there is apparently a chance that the partner or another adult in the house will react to the news of a pregnancy by fainting.

Maybe you should look more closely, Igazor. It happens 100% of the time in my game, but I never noticed it until someone said something on the forum about it. The father to be gets excited and pats the mother to be on the shoulder, then he gives her a quick thumbs up. It's over so quickly that if you're not watching for it, you will miss it.
  • Options
    @IreneSwift - We've already discussed my poor eyesight. But in this case, what I meant was that I had never seen the fainting scenario that I then went on to describe. Sorry, I could have been a bit more clear about that. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    One of my favorites: if a huge meteor is falling toward your current location, a sim will choose to stand just outside of the kill zone and wait to find out what it is. When the meteor lands, every sim gets singed.

When this happens, I have to evacuate my sims to nearby lots. :/ This kind of goes with the running to a fire until the point where the sim catches on fire.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

A sim who dislikes children does this face:
    Screenshot2233.jpg

I really would like to see some fainting! :D

edit: fixed the pic
    Post edited by Waterdragon on

• Options
    edited December 2017
    A sim who dislikes children does this face:
    Screenshot2233.jpg

I really would like to see some fainting! :D
    A fairy who doesn't like children? Is that even allowed to happen--scandalous! (makes mental note to search all of my worlds for fairies with that trait and fix things...) :/

The one where I remember actually seeing screen shots of the fainting wasn't the other parent, it was the father of the unmarried pregnant YA who was still living at home (so the soon to be surprise grandfather). In that case, the animation seemed to fit the setup. But I could also see it being appropriate if both parents were in the nursery, surrounded by five or more crying and fussing babies and toddlers at the time. :p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Just find out you're pregnant? Say goodbye to those jeans you love for the next 3 days, pregnant women cant wear those.

Jobs that give out promotions based on performance (you can't fool me game, I know that doesnt happen in real life!)

Forget to grab something at the store? Whatevs, just give the fridge $10 and you're good to go!

My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    Well, wait a minute now. I once had use of a fridge like that when I moved back home briefly in between colleges. There was a never-ending supply of food in it and I never really had to give it any money, just helped myself to almost anything I could have wanted.

Asked my Mom about that fridge a few times later on when it seemed the ones in my apartments never worked that way. Funny, her recollection of how it stayed stocked up all the time didn't really match mine. (shrugs)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited December 2017
    IreneSwift wrote: »

Maybe you should look more closely, Igazor. It happens 100% of the time in my game, but I never noticed it until someone said something on the forum about it. The father to be gets excited and pats the mother to be on the shoulder, then he gives her a quick thumbs up. It's over so quickly that if you're not watching for it, you will miss it.

It does... Believe me, I saw it @igazor ...when Haruo found out that River was pregnant with her fourth child. Well, he should be pleased since he was the one that inpregnated her (all four times...they love each other). And...well..the thumbs up was brief but I saw it.

Thanks, @IreneSwift. Because you said so, I took a closer look at the "Notify of Pregnancy" choice in the menu and watched it. Hit C during the brief instant that it happened and captured it.

Screenshot-194.jpg

I'm actually wanting to see the one where the Sim faints. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    @igazor - the sim in question is a loner, has commitment issues, dislikes children, is a bookworm and proper. Despite all this, he autonomously takes very good care of all of his children. Well, until they are actually "children". :p

Want to go to the future? Just activate the weird machine that appears in your yard and give the mysterious stranger, who comes out of it, the glowing thingies that pop up all over your lot.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top