Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to buy vet clinic I built?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I built a vet clinic for my household to buy. They have the funds, the lot is a vet clinic, but they are unable to buy it. A previous household bought the pre-built vet clinic in BB, I'm not sure what the difference is. The clinic I built is on a penthouse lot.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Try going into build mode on the lot, and save the vet clinic to your library. Then test by placing the clinic in another world and see if your sims can buy it there,
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited November 2017
    I placed in in Newcrest and had the option to buy. I went back and bulldozed the penthouse lot, made it residential and put the required elevator, mailbox, and trash can, then tried to buy it and still could not. I get the message "sims can only purchase unowned businesses or unoccupied residential lots". No one has even lived on that lot, the penthouse in the fashion district. I have the option to buy it as a retail store or restaurant, but not a vet clinic.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something, but I built a vet clinic for my household to buy. They have the funds, the lot is a vet clinic, but they are unable to buy it. A previous household bought the pre-built vet clinic in BB, I'm not sure what the difference is. The clinic I built is on a penthouse lot.

You can use the Fountainview Penthouse It must fit the same shape for the penthouse, also the Torten View Penthouse is buyable as a vet the big blue one, not sure of the name I changed the name. If you built your Vet clinic ground level, it may not fit correctly.

But I do know if you click on a building in the city and you see build mode option, then you can make that a vet clinic, even the park. some will show a little man that means move in only. But also its options to bulldoze some lots like the park and some others but the tall ones it must fit the shape, you can go in and just remove the furniture and make it a vet clinic anyway. :)
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    I can build and set the lot type to vet clinic for the penthouse in the fashion district, but my sims can not buy it because "sims can only purchase unowned businesses or unoccupied residential lots".
    It's called the Torendi Tower Penthouse(according to the sims wiki). @Stormsview You've been able to use that one as a vet? I built the clinic on the penthouse lot.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you haven't yet, save it to your library. Bulldoze the one in world and plop a copy down in it's place and see if it's buyable.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    Could be because technically the apts are rents and the building is owned by the landlord - so the penthouse on top of an apt building is technically owned by the landlord and your sims just rent it - Don't forget we also can't technically live in our businesses in Sims 4 and must have a residential lot. We are only allowed one residence - and penthouses are a residence and not a business lot. Technically anyway in Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I can build and set the lot type to vet clinic for the penthouse in the fashion district, but my sims can not buy it because "sims can only purchase unowned businesses or unoccupied residential lots".
    It's called the Torendi Tower Penthouse(according to the sims wiki). @Stormsview You've been able to use that one as a vet? I built the clinic on the penthouse lot.

Hi, again, I did not try them all, I did buy the Torendi Tower Penthouse, as a retail, And if you have ever owned a Vet clinic you would understand why, you do not need to carry a sick Pet up and elevator, they vomit a lot and they are never with their owners but lagging behind them and so mostly they will still be on the ground floor and you will see only the owner. So do you think that's a bad Ideal, and who will mop the street floor, with all the vomit and poop whatever. so bad Ideal I feel.Also, they are sick and walk so slow, and the owners leave them lots of times, Just to go check them in.
    Also, you can just sell Pet supplies there as you grow your vet career, even sell treats maybe, like a retail Pharmacy. that would be nice.

But good news :) I bought the Art Gallery as a vet clinic and was so funny people were talking about how cool it was. I just added a few things before I bought it to make it up to code. also, you can move all the Galler art upstairs and leave the look and the use of the place just put your vet clinic on the first floor, its what I am doing as I type lol. well, same time. I like the art center best it's beautiful, and the pets will not be so far off sometimes, you must go and talk to them from the sidewalk.

You can also use the park just that house part and make that a vet clinic. you may end up with a different but beautiful clinic. but then again it's a long way for a sick pet to walk to find you so maybe not.

haha, now I have a problem I have to change everything back to the way it was.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post. Before you buy or change a business or any property, it must be available to the public. so you must sell what you own or whoever owns it must sell it to make it public and buyable or you will not be able to buy it. So I did sell my vet clinic and its now the art center again.
    also, I sold the retail penthouse and it will be just a penthouse, to live in.
  • Options
    I have not placed a copy as suggested, but I did bulldoze it earlier and just place the required elevator, trash can, and mailbox. I was still unable to buy it. No one has ever lived in or owed that lot. It is available to buy for a retail store or restaurant though. I previously ran a restaurant out of a penthouse lot so they do work, I'm still unsure if anyone has been able to use a penthouse for a vet clinic though(I'm not sure why you could not). If someone else could see whether they have the option to buy a penthouse as a vet clinic, that would be wonderful.
  • Options
    AerihkAerihk Posts: 8 New Member
    I placed a vet clinic from the gallery on the Fountainview penthouse. It functions if you're visiting or getting your pets treated. Vets will be there and other sims will show up with their pets to get treated. But I cannot buy it. Tried bulldozing it and placing the necessary penthouse items so it was an unowned residential lot. Still couldn't buy it. Placed the vet clinic again, still won't work.

Very frustrating, but I'm glad I only downloaded it and didn't spend a bunch of time custom building a specialized vet clinic designed for my sims to run, only to find out after it wouldn't work :/ I might try buying it as a retail lot and selling treats and stuff, but I wanted to get all the pets neutered, which won't work if they're not my pets, and not patients.
  • Options
    simmingmom1simmingmom1 Posts: 323 Member
    Was there ever a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem in my game.
  • Options
    @simmingmom1 Not that I am aware. I was able to have restaurants and retail stores as penthouse lots, but not vets, though when I moved the vet lot to a regular lot(still with elevator) all the clients came in and left from the elevator.