Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could have any game pack come out next, which one would you choose?

Comments

• Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Definitely a vacation destination, something tropical or World Adventures-like. For supernaturals, the only ones I'm interested in are witches & fairies.

More fun & games themed packs too, our sims still need more variety in their recreational activities.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    edited December 2017
    So many amazing ideas in this thread and I want all of them.

Romance definitely, I'm a very romantic person IRL so I'd love for my sims relationship to feel more meaningful, and omgosh, sims 2 slowdancing needs a return - that was so sweet!

My contribution I suppose would have to be a hobbies pack, I was the biggest fan of sims 3 freetime. I'd probablt scrap the clothes making since you don't buy clothes anymore - unless by there being a clothes making skill maybe you could make unlockable clothing that you make (that'd be nice!)
    Football/Soccer needs a comeback. I mean all of the hobbies from freetime could come back honestly but fresh ideas too, and some bleedin' competitions!

@Kclovesthatboi I love all the birbs. Would love some exotic bird pets, I remember way back in sims 2 I always played a Jamaican family, reggae/rnb stations on (most of the time anyway) and exotic birdies! That was the life. Dancin' in the kitchen, chatting to the parrot n' whatnot.
  • Options
    oasis10oasis10 Posts: 81 Member
    If you could have any game pack come out next?

I would have more stuff for teens and young children
    I would have private schools, Universality, Nursery for toddlers and babies, more cool clothes for everyone
    More pets, Weather (snow and rain) Holiday pack.
  • Options
    oasis10oasis10 Posts: 81 Member
    Vacation pack
    Weather
    School
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Not gonna lie, I want werewolves to be next.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    *Romance (possibly called Wedding Day). Romance interactions, dating/online dating, picnic system, wedding stuff, add-in of recognizing on-laws and extended family, pre-wedding events, holiday, a vacation spot.

*Vacation pack, preferably something island/beach related. Hopefully we get to run our own resorts!

*Back to School - toddlers (daycare), elementary, junior, and high school. Maybe this can introduce preteens (similar to how YAs were confined to University?). Hopefully this will have a university EP following.

*Sports and Recreation - enough said! We need more to do!

*Celebrity/Superstar style GP. I really want more instruments and the ability to form bands!

With any of these, I hope this brings more aspirations and careers.

Well if they add pre-teens like they did YA in Sims 2 - the pre-teens would never get to come home. YA's in Sims 2 can't go home but their families can visit them at Uni. That might be odd to have a kid just during it's 2 year pre-teen age to disappear at school and then come back as a teen - don't you think. YA's in Sims 2 turned adult before they could go home - keep in mind.

I can't see how that would not totally interrupt the game flow. It worked for college - but not so much for 10-12 year olds. LOL. As a parent in real life - I might have freaked had my kids vanished for 2 years between 10-12. In fact I am sure I would have. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    I'd love a school GP that included a university world but maybe also had a teacher career bc I think it would work very well! I'd love a witch GP or something newer that we haven't seen yet or is more different than the other ones we've gotten so far.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    An elders pack! Full of swing music, rocking chairs and knitting.
  • Options
    GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    A romance game pack would be so amazing. I would not want it as an EP as it's a specific theme, but a GP would be great.

It could have:

Build/buy content in frilly, hearty themes.
    New sleepwear
    New romantic interactions including slow dancing and standing makeout. And it could get rid of the stupid fistbump/highfive that sims give each other just before woohoo and replace it with the new makeout animation unless they're in a hottub or sauna where they're sitting -- then the old one would do.
    More couple things to do. Things like taking a walk together, cuddling when laying down, acting like a romantic couple when viewing the stars (Sims 3 had an adorable animation for that), spooning when sleeping in the same bed. It's kind of unreal that I'm asking for those types of animations in a game pack given that those were in previous iterations.

I think my want here is just more actual couple animations. If they were put into an EP with a broader theme, I'd also be happy.

I would LOVE all of this. I'd also love if they threw in another vacation destination that was more honeymoon appropriate. It could be smaller than Granite Falls. I'd just love a honeymoon option that was love themed.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Werewolves. We have pets, so that means they now have the assets for muzzles, tails, and pointy animal ears on hand, as well as a canine body shape template they can use for a full wolf form (optional extra shapeshifting ability for those of us who like that stuff), so let's hit it. A February release would be quite fitting too, since according to some folklore, werewolves are most dangerous during the month of February...(Yes, I'm that kind of werewolf fan. The one who's all up in the old lore.)

And they can use the system with powers and weaknesses that they set up for vampires as a template to do something similar for werewolves

I second this.
  • Options
    summer_berrysummer_berry Posts: 105 Member
    I really want seasons, but I would also love to see a GP/EP with more fleshed out careers and jobs. Some cool ones would be being able to own a hotel, being a designer, hair stylist, a celebrity - I know there are mods for some of these out there but having even more to choose from would be great.
    "We make our own future." - Dean Winchester, Supernatural
  • Options
    AlineDavilaSAlineDavilaS Posts: 4 New Member
    SEASONS of course with festivals, clothes, weather...!
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    And they can use the system with powers and weaknesses that they set up for vampires as a template to do something similar for werewolves[/quote]

any supernatural/occult life-state could easily fit into the vampire power's template. Now if only they'd revamp aliens and have a better go at plantsims. :neutral:

Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    And they can use the system with powers and weaknesses that they set up for vampires as a template to do something similar for werewolves

any supernatural/occult life-state could easily fit into the vampire power's template. Now if only they'd revamp aliens and have a better go at plantsims. :neutral:

[/quote]

Very much agree.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    I only know I want seasons really badly now... :s
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited December 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    *Romance (possibly called Wedding Day). Romance interactions, dating/online dating, picnic system, wedding stuff, add-in of recognizing on-laws and extended family, pre-wedding events, holiday, a vacation spot.

*Vacation pack, preferably something island/beach related. Hopefully we get to run our own resorts!

*Back to School - toddlers (daycare), elementary, junior, and high school. Maybe this can introduce preteens (similar to how YAs were confined to University?). Hopefully this will have a university EP following.

*Celebrity/Superstar style GP. I really want more instruments and the ability to form bands!

Well if they add pre-teens like they did YA in Sims 2 - the pre-teens would never get to come home. YA's in Sims 2 can't go home but their families can visit them at Uni. That might be odd to have a kid just during it's 2 year pre-teen age to disappear at school and then come back as a teen - don't you think. YA's in Sims 2 turned adult before they could go home - keep in mind.

I can't see how that would not totally interrupt the game flow. It worked for college - but not so much for 10-12 year olds. LOL. As a parent in real life - I might have freaked had my kids vanished for 2 years between 10-12. In fact I am sure I would have. LOL.

@Writin_Reg - I meant along the lines of only having preteens for that particular pack. They would be playable at school and out of school. I should have worded it better (my bad). :)
  • Options

@Writin_Reg - I meant along the lines of only having preteens for that particular pack. They would be playable at school and out of school. I should have worded it better (my bad). :)

I did think it was really strange to want pre-teens like Sims 2 YA's. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I totally want romance, but first I want the dangerous pack that lost the stuff pack vote.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Supernatural/middle ages pack and theme
    Vacation stuff of any sort
    Theme park pack
    Farming/diy pack
    Life time events (prom, school dances, a nicer series, baby showers, etc.)
    Romance &/or weddings
    Funerals/death/graveyards (maybe adding some voodoo magic and zombies)
    Celebrity/fashion/reputation based pack
    Skills/hobbies pack (tons of skills able to form sports teams and bands)

But mostly supernatural stuff.
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited December 2017

I did think it was really strange to want pre-teens like Sims 2 YA's. LOL.

Yeah it was just how it worded it lol

• Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Honestly a romance GP doesn't seem all that appealing to me. I miss slow dancing and proposing at the table, and weddings could need an overhaul, but apart from that I feel like my sims have all the romance they need. Maybe I'm just not a very romantic person...

What I want next is a new vacation world, and it doesn't even matter what kind at this point. We're so overdue for more vacation destinations!
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I would also like romance to be expanded on. I'm hoping for werewolves too.
  • Options
    millihelenmillihelen Posts: 11 New Member
    Faeries, witches, werewolves... Basically any new occult life state. I miss playing different species. Realistic gameplay gets boring after a while. The vampires pack was amazing and set a high bar for other life states in the future.

And definitely plumbots! I miss them so much. Since it doesn't look like EA is putting life states into EPs anymore, hopefully we get a really great robot GP.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Witches/magic themed.

—T
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Futuristic pack! I don't know how well Into the Future went for them to repeat the experience, but it was my favorite expansion hands down and I'm on hold to see if they release it this time around. I think it's possible, sims games have the robot tradition haha if they do, I will rest assured because everything else I want is granted to come because it's far more popular. Just give my robots a second chance EA!